Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Options
    AaleynAaleyn Posts: 301 Member
    edited August 2023
    I'm thinking to do a cabin themed entry too (I'm starting it soon and hopefully I will be able to get it finished on time - I'm aiming to that) 😊

I think that in addition to wood materials, stone materials are also great for a cabin themed build. There are great stone materials in many packs, like: Get Together, Seasons, Island Living, Jungle Adventure etc.
    There are also great wood materials in Island Living and in Spooky Stuff and other great things & items in Snowy Escape, that are suitable for a cabin theme.

I don't have Outdoor Retreat, that is great as well. (I also don't have Horse Ranch).
    I'm going to use things from the packs that I mentioned (I play Vanilla, I don't use CC or Mods) 😊
    "Where words fail, music speaks" ~ Hans Christian Andersen ♥*♥*♥ My Gallery ID: Aaleyn
  • Options
    iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member

I'm doing a cabin style entryway. Most of my downstairs is cabin style actually. I've been going for a log cabin vibe in particular, which I think is usually defined by blocky wooden pieces, including parts of the architecture. I've got mostly wooden furniture and accents, often in wood tones that match the walls and floors. I'm also using a lot of woven rugs as well as the faux fur one from snowy escape.

I hope that's helpful!

Outdoor retreat has wonderful cabin items. I did a cabin years ago with all of the items. Also Cats and Dogs have some great cabin theme items as well.

Here's my log cabin from years ago if you need any inspiration: Llama Cabin in the Woods

SimTresa wrote: »
    Hm, there's a base game window covering literally called cabin blinds. They should work too.
    Aaleyn wrote: »
    I'm thinking to do a cabin themed entry too (I'm starting it soon and hopefully I will be able to get it finished on time - I'm aiming to that) 😊

I think that in addition to wood materials, stone materials are also great for a cabin themed build. There are great stone materials in many packs, like: Get Together, Seasons, Island Living, Jungle Adventure etc.
    There are also great wood materials in Island Living and in Spooky Stuff and other great things & items in Snowy Escape, that are suitable for a cabin theme.

I don't have Outdoor Retreat, that is great as well. (I also don't have Horse Ranch).
    I'm going to use things from the packs that I mentioned (I play Vanilla, I don't use CC or Mods) 😊

Thanks everyone for the helpful responses! I have had a migraine for about a week now, and that is not helping. The outside does have logs and stone (I had to redo and downsize once already). I guess my frustration is the little nifty bear and moose items you see in stores and catalogues aren't available in game, and I am not the type of person who can go make my own CC to get them. Wallpapers, okay, but not items. I obviously have not gotten to landscape the new lot yet, but here are a few photos so you can see what I am doing.

A1Bfwxd.png
    EJkuA68.png
    otWvA7Q.png
    f2eECCA.png
  • Options
    Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    This is what I have so far. Not sure I'm gonna get 'er done in time...
    QxWD2Dm.png
  • Options
    iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    @Rostri-Jodu What a beautiful home! Mine is crap. At least on the outside. I am going to try and finish mine, but I may not get mine done either. I hope you share either way! I would love to see the inside.
  • Options
    ForeverTuesdayForeverTuesday Posts: 42 Member
    Barring any unexpected life events in the next few days, I'll be done in time, but it has been a bit of a struggle to complete such a large build within a month (while I've also been traveling a bit). It certainly didn't help that I had to scale down my initial build and what I ended up with was still larger than it needed to be. I've also spent hours looking through nocc gallery art (including some beautiful pieces that marked my build as cc, which was frustrating). This has definitely been a fun challenge, but I don't think I'm going to tackle building something this big from scratch again anytime soon.
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    This is what I have so far. Not sure I'm gonna get 'er done in time...
    QxWD2Dm.png

I've been working on mine for weeks. It's VERY time consuming. Crossing fingers you'll get yours done! B)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    edited November 2023
    Great builds, everyone B)<3!

ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #BNS176 - For the Family
    FORUM ID: coolsim9999999
    ORIGIN ID: coolsim9999999
    LEVEL: Established
    ROOM: Sand Sun and Sea for Kids
    Gallery Link:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0E37C61BE84D4C61A52246A9876224F2?category=rooms&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=coolsim9999999&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: §34,980
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    https://imgur.com/a/edGLnmm
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Luigi Popa has a huge family --- his beach house needs to sleep 14 --- at least! His and his wife's 8 children share this bunk bed bedroom! That leaves three bedrooms for the other 6 family members, as well as additional pullout couches strewn around the house --- including on in Luigi's home office at this beachfront paradise!
    Note: Right now, Luigi is checking out the completed bunk room while his wife and children are relaxing farther down the beach.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NA
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    53BON0B.png
    showing most of the room
    f019oM0.png
    bird's eye view of the room
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Is anyone having trouble looking at my slideshow (or other slideshows) after the link is on the forum thread page?
    I'm not sure what's going on with imgur.
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Is anyone having trouble looking at my slideshow (or other slideshows) after the link is on the forum thread page?
    I'm not sure what's going on with imgur.

Yeah, imgur slideshows seem to be broken for me too. The page just loads as solid grey for me, regardless of whether I click the link from the forum page or navigate to a slideshow on the imgur website.
  • Options
    I've been getting that solid grey screen, too. Thanks a lot @ForeverTuesday :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Has anyone else been having trouble connecting to the gallery?
  • Options
    I'll check in a few minutes after I get in game :)@ForeverTuesday!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    edited August 2023
    The online gallery works for me! B)

The in-game gallery works for me, too @ForeverTuesday! B)

4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    The online gallery works for me! B)

The in-game gallery works for me, too @ForeverTuesday! B)

Thank you! Must be an issue on my end then, hopefully restarting the game will fix it.
  • Options
    healthxsimshealthxsims Posts: 58 Member
    I might've left this build for way too late lol... But at least I have the family already done so I can enter that if I don't get the house done in time :D
    Picture if you're interested: https://imgur.com/a/RbuUj8Z
    - Gallery ID Healthsims -
  • Options
    The gallery started working again after I restarted the game (yay!).

Now that I'm in the weeds working on my slideshow though, imgur is giving me problems again. I'm hoping it fixes itself soon because I'd really like to finish everything and submit my build today.
  • Options
    [b]ROOM ENTRY FORM[/b]
    [b]CHALLENGE #176[/b] - For the Family
    [b]FORUM ID:[/b] healthxsims
    [b]ORIGIN ID:[/b] Healthsims
    [b]LEVEL: [/b]
    [b]ROOM:[/b] (Link to where the room can be found on The Gallery) h ttps://www.ea.com/fi-fi/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/BD48BDD42A8242C79D963046EEE1A466?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=bns176&max=50&maxis=false
    [b]GALLERY COST:[/b] 14 892
    [b]LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:[/b] h ttps://imgur.com/a/SnL5Jal
    [b]ENTRY DETAILS:[/b] The room for Popa family's youngest! The easygoing toddler Niko still has their own small toddler bed, while his older siblings - triplets! - sleep on bunk beds. The only girl of the triplets, Rosie, sleeps above Niko. Her brothers hate her violin, so she has to always put it on top of her bed. At nights, she reads until she falls asleep, drifting off to different fantasy worlds. The boys of the triplets sleep on the other side, with young (mad?) scientist Rocco on the top bunk and rambunctious Ronnie on the bottom bunk. The family's two teens have their own rooms, but there's still a third bunk bed ready for any friends or relatives that sleep over, with the lower bunk of the third bunkbed having been converted to a study space for the kids. There's also a craft corner, science table, and lots of toys and room to play with them in the middle!
    [b]CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM:[/b] Yes please
    [b]CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:[/b] -
    [b]SPACE FOR PICTURES:[/b]

General Picture:
    h ttps://imgur.com/NvFprvC

Bird's eye view:
    h ttps://imgur.com/jELGJ9E
  • Options
    Ohhhhh nooo of course the bolding doesn't work for me...
  • Options
    Ohhhhh nooo of course the bolding doesn't work for me...

I think it's because you're still a new member. I love how colorful your room is! It really looks lived in and I adore the story you created with the personalities of each child.

Here are your links and pictures:
    ROOM: https://www.ea.com/fi-fi/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/BD48BDD42A8242C79D963046EEE1A466?
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/SnL5Jal
    General Picture: NvFprvC.png
    Bird's eye view: jELGJ9E.png
  • Options
    If anyone else is using Imgur to create a slideshow today, please be careful!

It seems to be on the fritz. I had it not save the first big chunk of my slideshow and I've also had issues with pictures not uploading or deleting, plus the grey screen issue coolsim9999999 discovered yesterday happens sometimes too.
  • Options
    Thank you (for the compliments <3 and the pictures) ! Yeah I also thought that it's probably the problem. Well, now I know better :D
  • Options
    Hm, imgur is working fine for me (for now...), although earlier it did not show my hidden post on my page for a hot second, but it still worked and posted it.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    I've now had imgur eat my in-progress slideshow twice today. The second time, I was even checking in a second tab every few pictures to make sure it was saving correctly. Seems like as soon as the website has an issue that throws an error up at me when I try to add a picture, my whole slideshow gets deleted and replaced with just that picture.

If anyone else is making a house slideshow today, I hope you don't run into the same issue.

I'm moving over to google photos for this one, I hope that's ok!
  • Options
    KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    BUILD-N-SHARE CHALLENGE #176
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM -
    FORUM ID: Kiteldesigns
    ORIGIN ID: Kiteldesigns
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Von Windenburg estate
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/120520A96B4A4748AD434358328F17A6?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=KitelDesigns&max=50&maxis=false
    Build cost 231,825
    Lot Cost 12000
    TOTAL COST:243,825
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW https://imgur.com/a/ylga7Wp
    :
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC art from the gallery

PJYSN7r.png
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    My Imgur link that I posted yesterday is working now @ForeverTuesday and everyone! B) I can't believe that Imgur ate your slideshow twice today :o!
    4kkjdXo.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top