Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    Hi @Jazztizz! It's awesome to see you, too B)! Now, my neck feels much better than it did. :)
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    ForeverTuesdayForeverTuesday Posts: 42 Member
    I made my initial house shell for this challenge on a 64x64, went to start on breaking it into rooms, and realized that I had already eaten up half the budget and my first floor alone could probably fit everything :s

I scaled down by ~2/3 (which I think gives me ~1/2 of the square footage), moved to a smaller lot, and I still have 9 bedrooms and 2 murphy beds that can sleep a total of 28 sims :D

I might need to scale down a little bit more so that the budget will cover decorating the whole house :#
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    I made my initial house shell for this challenge on a 64x64, went to start on breaking it into rooms, and realized that I had already eaten up half the budget and my first floor alone could probably fit everything :s

I scaled down by ~2/3 (which I think gives me ~1/2 of the square footage), moved to a smaller lot, and I still have 9 bedrooms and 2 murphy beds that can sleep a total of 28 sims :D

I might need to scale down a little bit more so that the budget will cover decorating the whole house :#

Don't forget you can use debug for landscaping if you need to.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    bhaXpM1.png
    Attention Expert Entrants for #175
    Summer Designer Showdown

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member

Don't forget you can use debug for landscaping if you need to.

I'm almost done with my build and it's very hard to do a mansion with this budget. I'm doing it, but it won't be over the top even with debug. :# I just need 10K-20K more...
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    edited August 2023
    [/quote] I'm almost done with my build and it's very hard to do a mansion with this budget. I'm doing it, but it won't be over the top even with debug. :# I just need 10K-20K more...[/quote]

@pammiechick I struggled with the budget on this one as well. Almost all my rugs were the free ones from knifty knitting and I was really thankful that the gallery doesn't charge for the nocc artwork I made.
  • Options
    Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    edited August 2023
    It is a tight one, especially for everything that's been requested.
    Post edited by Rostri-Jodu on
  • Options
    Does anyone think a budget increase will help:?
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    I just uploaded mine to the gallery, so it won't matter for me.
  • Options
    iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member

Sorry guys! I take full responsibility. I was trying to make it challenging without really thinking about the costs of all the bathrooms and beds. I vote for an increase for everyone.
  • Options
    iampes23 wrote: »

Sorry guys! I take full responsibility. I was trying to make it challenging without really thinking about the costs of all the bathrooms and beds. I vote for an increase for everyone.

All right, since Iampes herself has spoken, I'm increasing the budget to $260,00.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    fcuRqPI.png
    Attention Starting Out Entrants for #175 - Summer Designer Showdown
    Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #176 - For the Family
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Just for fun
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Admiral's Wreckage in Sulani
    NEW LOT LINK: Ultimate Vacation Home
    LOT COST: $8,000.00
    GALLERY COST: $226,682.00
    TOTAL COST: $234,682.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS#176 - For The Family
    ENTRY DETAILS: I have designed a luxury vacation home for Luigi Popa and his family. The home has the million dollar ocean view as requested and is built on Admiral's Wreckage in Sulani. The home has a rustic, coastal, island theme in the design. There is sheltered parking for up to 7 vehicles, although flying into this property is recommended. The house can sleep up to 20 sims. There are six bedrooms, each able to accommodate individual families but 2 of them can also be used for bunk rooms for the kids. Each bedroom has it's own attached bathroom. The top floor is completely dedicated to the kid's playroom and the the ground floor contains the garage/storage space for the water toys as well as a gym and adult rec room. The main floor has a small laundry room as well as the requested library with a fireplace and the owners quarters, where you will also find Luigi's office space. The property is loaded with outdoor activities for the family and they will be sure to enjoy the many different deck levels offering massage, outdoor eating, loungers, painting, a telescope, and even a hot tub. There is something for everyone in this vacation home!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM Sure!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All NOCC Artwork was created by myself
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    u2iSaGF.png
    T5eZLUQ.png
  • Options

All right, since Iampes herself has spoken, I'm increasing the budget to $260,00.

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :*
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :*

You're welcome! :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    HVCdrRO.png

Attention Established Entrants for #175 - Summer Designer Showdown
    Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    I hope this is not a really silly question, but how do you get the wallpaper on the platforms? I obviously do not want what looks like a concrete block as part of my all log/wooden staircase. Thanks for any help!
  • Options
    Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    I hope this is not a really silly question, but how do you get the wallpaper on the platforms? I obviously do not want what looks like a concrete block as part of my all log/wooden staircase. Thanks for any help!

There's a platform trims tool...
    8Gi2CSQ.png

• Options
    tatselktatselk Posts: 519 Member

ROOM OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #176 – For the Family

FORUM ID: tatselk

ORIGIN ID: tatselk

LEVEL: Starting Out

ROOM: Nautical Kids Bunk (https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/EB00634F8DE04A7F84D38114A7A0FE7C)

GALLERY COST: § 19,334

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://tatselksism.tumblr.com/post/726187377361616896/nautical-kids-bunk

ENTRY DETAILS: A nautical-style bunk bedroom which sleeps 6 in a coastal vacation home. There are lots of activities so that the kids can play and hang out here, even if the gloomy weather in Brindleton Bay strikes. Also, I added a sofa which doubles up as a sleeping spot in case any extra guests drop by.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

88809a80bbd5dfc7d9d1206c1adeac8cecc67edc.jpg

d94a657b61ac53338ebf226e9ee0039617f82246.jpg

• Options

There's a platform trims tool...
    8Gi2CSQ.png

Thanks very much!
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    So, I accidentally went over budget. And I don't feel like changing anything, so I'm not entering officially. But I'll share the link to my gallery images for anyone who want so see.
    https://imgur.com/a/i4dyveJ

egOwoTq.png

xFtASXd.png
    image.png
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    I am desperately trying to do a cabin themed entry. Is anyone else? I am finding it hard to find things that look cabin-y besides the log walls. I have resorted to using some things from the new ranch/horse expansion, but I am not happy with them. Thinking of resorting to CC from TSR, but even that will be hit or miss. Maybe I am just not seeing the game items that are really already there...?

Or...lol...I should just stick to writing

• Options
    ForeverTuesdayForeverTuesday Posts: 42 Member
    I am desperately trying to do a cabin themed entry. Is anyone else? I am finding it hard to find things that look cabin-y besides the log walls. I have resorted to using some things from the new ranch/horse expansion, but I am not happy with them. Thinking of resorting to CC from TSR, but even that will be hit or miss. Maybe I am just not seeing the game items that are really already there...?

I'm doing a cabin style entryway. Most of my downstairs is cabin style actually. I've been going for a log cabin vibe in particular, which I think is usually defined by blocky wooden pieces, including parts of the architecture. I've got mostly wooden furniture and accents, often in wood tones that match the walls and floors. I'm also using a lot of woven rugs as well as the faux fur one from snowy escape.

I hope that's helpful!

• Options

Outdoor retreat has wonderful cabin items. I did a cabin years ago with all of the items. Also Cats and Dogs have some great cabin theme items as well.

Here's my log cabin from years ago if you need any inspiration: Llama Cabin in the Woods
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    Hm, there's a base game window covering literally called cabin blinds. They should work too.
    image.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top