Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Sorry, can I clarify - when you put pieces together can we then delete the red walls (walls which become interior walls - or are they still counted as exterior walls?
    YJXsSlIl.jpg
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Becka28 wrote: »
    Sorry, can I clarify - when you put pieces together can we then delete the red walls (walls which become interior walls - or are they still counted as exterior walls?
    YJXsSlIl.jpg

Interior walls can be removed with arches or spandrels.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    So we are not able to use the tetris pieces to make a multi story building?
    wJMeBjp.jpg

Welcome to Summer Designer Showdown 2023!
    This summer, you’re going to need your puzzle-solving skills! Someone has turned this blueprint into a tetris puzzle and mixed up all the pieces. Your job is to figure out where all the pieces belong and create something out of the end result. A home, a shop, a bar - whatever you like.

R5XYNny.png
    The lot shown above can be fund on the gallery under #summer23, #bns175, or #summerdesignershowdown23
    You can:
    Change the foundation height.
    Add windows, doors, and other features as needed.
    Rotate and move rooms around to fit.
    Use spandrels and arches to connect interior walls.
    Fences are allowed.
    You cannot:
    Move any exterior walls.
    Add a basement or upper floor.
    Stack the rooms.

The brief:
    Budget: $76,000
    Lot size: 30x20 or larger.
    Reassemble these separated, differently shaped rooms into one building. All rooms must be used.
    Landscape. Include at least one outdoor summer activity.

The Sim Challenge: None this time.
    The Room Challenge: None this time.

Remember to include the hashtag #bns175 with your build or it will not be judged! Entries are due by Monday, July 31st, 2023, 23:5:59 New York Time/EST.

I thought it would be more challenging not to allow that, but if enough people want it, I'll change the rule.
    AlJay wrote: »
    Can we add decks or interior walls within the rooms?

Yes.

Just curious. Was a call made on us being able to stack or not?
  • Options
    So we are not able to use the tetris pieces to make a multi story building?
    wJMeBjp.jpg

Welcome to Summer Designer Showdown 2023!
    This summer, you’re going to need your puzzle-solving skills! Someone has turned this blueprint into a tetris puzzle and mixed up all the pieces. Your job is to figure out where all the pieces belong and create something out of the end result. A home, a shop, a bar - whatever you like.

R5XYNny.png
    The lot shown above can be fund on the gallery under #summer23, #bns175, or #summerdesignershowdown23
    You can:
    Change the foundation height.
    Add windows, doors, and other features as needed.
    Rotate and move rooms around to fit.
    Use spandrels and arches to connect interior walls.
    Fences are allowed.
    You cannot:
    Move any exterior walls.
    Add a basement or upper floor.
    Stack the rooms.

The brief:
    Budget: $76,000
    Lot size: 30x20 or larger.
    Reassemble these separated, differently shaped rooms into one building. All rooms must be used.
    Landscape. Include at least one outdoor summer activity.

The Sim Challenge: None this time.
    The Room Challenge: None this time.

Remember to include the hashtag #bns175 with your build or it will not be judged! Entries are due by Monday, July 31st, 2023, 23:5:59 New York Time/EST.

I thought it would be more challenging not to allow that, but if enough people want it, I'll change the rule.
    AlJay wrote: »
    Can we add decks or interior walls within the rooms?

Yes.

Just curious. Was a call made on us being able to stack or not?

Going to be generous and say it's allowed.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Yay! I’m so glad we’ll get to stack!!! Makes for a better looking building. 😊
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    dianathejuiceboxdianathejuicebox Posts: 2 New Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM <3 B)

CHALLENGE #175 -Summer Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: dianathejuicebox
    ORIGIN ID: dianathejuicebox
    LEVEL:
    18 Celebration Way; San Sequoia
    NEW LOT LINK:
    LOT COST: $2,685.00
    GALLERY COST: $69,772.00
    TOTAL COST: $72,457.00

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/l98wTy9

ENTRY DETAILS: My first attempt at ‘sim photography’, a build challenge, using imgur, or limiting my use of CC. This was a really interesting way to release some creative energy.

Built on 18 Celebration Way in San Sequoia for great scenery and a short walk to the water park. This 3 bed, 3 bath offers a split floor plan with main en-suite bedrooms at one end of the home while guests are treated to some privacy. Beautiful landscaping, built in pool, and horseshoe pit make summer livin' easy for any Sim family.
    Tetris shapes are simple and straight forward. I wanted to keep the lines of the rooms sharp. I live near the beach and was inspired by seasonal rental listings. I decorated minimally. I also left the walls & floors rather plain to let other players customize to their liking. This lot could be a great vacation rental, starter, or family home in any of the Sims4 communities.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NA; bb.moveobjects & bb.showhiddenobjects used
    Twitter: @dianasnotdisco
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: New member, oof.

I think I did this right....
  • Options
    Quoting so the links will show for you.
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM <3B)

FORUM ID: dianathejuicebox
    ORIGIN ID: dianathejuicebox
    LEVEL:
    18 Celebration Way; San Sequoia
    NEW LOT LINK:
    LOT COST: $2,685.00
    GALLERY COST: $69,772.00
    TOTAL COST: $72,457.00

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/l98wTy9

ENTRY DETAILS: My first attempt at ‘sim photography’, a build challenge, using imgur, or limiting my use of CC. This was a really interesting way to release some creative energy.

Built on 18 Celebration Way in San Sequoia for great scenery and a short walk to the water park. This 3 bed, 3 bath offers a split floor plan with main en-suite bedrooms at one end of the home while guests are treated to some privacy. Beautiful landscaping, built in pool, and horseshoe pit make summer livin' easy for any Sim family.
    Tetris shapes are simple and straight forward. I wanted to keep the lines of the rooms sharp. I live near the beach and was inspired by seasonal rental listings. I decorated minimally. I also left the walls & floors rather plain to let other players customize to their liking. This lot could be a great vacation rental, starter, or family home in any of the Sims4 communities.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NA; bb.moveobjects & bb.showhiddenobjects used
    Twitter: @dianasnotdisco
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: New member, oof.

I think I did this right....

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    bhaXpM1.png
    Attention Expert Entrants for #174
    Generational Renovation

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    I think I know the answer to this, but does the budget for the latest challenge include the price of the lot?
  • Options
    I think I know the answer to this, but does the budget for the latest challenge include the price of the lot?

Yes it is.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    HVCdrRO.png

Attention Established Entrants for #174 - Generational Renovation
    Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited July 2023
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #175 -CHALLENGE #175 -Summer Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: pammiechick
    ORIGIN ID: pammiechick
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Biscuit's Bastion in Chestnut Ridge
    NEW LOT LINK: Pink Saddle Vineyard Bar
    LOT COST: $3000
    GALLERY COST: $71,750
    TOTAL COST: $74,750
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/C9ChKsr
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    This converted barn sits within a beautiful vineyard and is perfect for wine tasting, country dancing, and eating appetizers before you see a show. Country bands can play here and the entertainment is abundant. There's cozy nooks for people to have privacy and two bathrooms--one for cowgirls and another for cowboys. There's also a place where you can go and make your own nectar.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

WTdPE2y.png

PCY4tx1.png
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    AaleynAaleyn Posts: 301 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: Aaleyn
    ORIGIN ID: Aaleyn
    LEVEL: Starting out
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Tranquil Crescent - in Newcrest
    NEW LOT LINK: Restaurant Asian Delights
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/fi-fi/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/E403660B5E664257B486C40094D2D069?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=Aaleyn&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 2500
    GALLERY COST: 72 997
    TOTAL COST: 75 497
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/8xQLhm2
    ENTRY DETAILS: I personally preferred the original idea of the Challenge rules: that stacking the rooms wouldn't have been allowed, so I wanted to do the build based on that original idea; And I like to make and have one-story buildings too, as I often tend to make more of the two-story (or multi-storey) buildings.
    ~ Modern style Restaurant Asian Delights is a lovely place to go for a romantic date, or for having a family gathering, or for meeting with friends. The Restaurant invites you to come to enjoy delicious Asian food and a great atmosphere! ~
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: HZLjxX7.png
    GNrTPrq.png
    Facebook: -
    Twitter: -
    "Where words fail, music speaks" ~ Hans Christian Andersen ♥*♥*♥ My Gallery ID: Aaleyn
  • Options
    KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    BUILD-N-SHARE CHALLENGE #175
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM - Generation renovation
    FORUM ID: Kiteldesigns
    ORIGIN ID: Kiteldesigns
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Cookout Lookout
    NEW LOT LINK: Because of the No CC art, it is not showing up in the gallery on the website.
    Lot Cost 2,000
    TOTAL COST:75929
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/7JNOha1
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC art from the gallery

Welcome to a captivating journey back in time, where history and elegance converge to create an enchanting experience unlike any other. Discover the enchantment of a splendid old home, thoughtfully transformed into an exquisite upscale restaurant and a dream-like wedding venue. Step inside and immerse yourself in the timeless charm that surrounds you.

Nestled amidst picturesque landscapes, this hidden gem unfolds its marvelous gardens, adorned with vibrant blooms and verdant foliage. Each step you take unravels a new tale of beauty, as the gardens invite you to meander and lose yourself in their allure.

As you venture further, you'll unveil the secrets of the exclusive private dining rooms, exuding an air of intimacy and exclusivity perfect for your most cherished occasions. Whether it's an intimate anniversary celebration, a joyous family gathering, or a milestone event, these elegant spaces provide the ideal backdrop for unforgettable memories to be woven.

The charm of this remarkable place is so bewitching that it has become a coveted destination for celebrations, and rightfully so. With its captivating ambiance and superb culinary delights, it's no wonder that reservations are in high demand. To ensure you secure your chance to revel in the splendor of this haven, we highly recommend booking well in advance.

Indulge in the luxury of a bygone era, where modernity meets tradition, and every detail is crafted with utmost care. Prepare to be captivated by the essence of this lovely old home, as it embraces you in its warm embrace and welcomes you to experience a truly extraordinary affair.

lrQMNSS.png
  • Options
    BNS #175 Summer Designer Showdown is now closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Your office door opens, and the temp ushers in a new client. He is a tall man with very hairy arms and green eyes. He is wearing questionable clothing and has a slightly shifty look. But his handshake is firm, and his voice is warm and embracing, although you are having a time placing his accent.
    “My name is Luigi Popa,” he introduces himself as you both sit down. “I have a very large family, and I am also a businessman. I want to combine these aspects in a new vacation home on the water.”
    “Oh,” you say, quickly trying to interpret what he means. “So, you are looking for a large home on the water that you can rent out when you are not using it?”
    “Exactly!” His expression is very surprised and impressed. “I want a water view, either on a lake or at the beach, that is worth millions of simoleons. But the kicker is, it needs to sleep at least 14. The more beds, the better. Fold out couches in some rooms will work, but at least four proper bedrooms. Probably one of the bedrooms should be a bunk room for all the kids.”
    “That is a lot of beds, but I am sure we can work that out,” you say smoothly, taking notes. “Other than the usual kitchen and living room, do you need any other kinds of rooms? And how many bathrooms?”
    “Ah, I hate waiting to use a bathroom, so at least 4 and a half bathrooms, please,” he says, counting on his fingers. “And I will be working while there, so a home office with a fold out couch would be great. That many people, we definitely need laundry on site. A rec room for the adults and a separate playroom for the kids.” He pauses. “Yeah, and a dining room for large family meals. It should fit at least two huge tables to contain us all. No garage, since that would cause squabbling, but a shed for the water toys and a parking area for multiple cars.”
    “Okay, any other wants or needs that you can think of?” you ask.
    “Well, yeah,” he nods firmly. “That reminds me, the wife wants a fireplace somewhere and a small library for her many books. For some reason, she likes to read on vacation. And some outdoor activities would be nice.” He rolls his eyes and you try hard not to laugh.
    “And the color scheme? Any colors you do or do not want?” you ask, smiling broadly.
    “A nautical or beach theme would be great. I suppose if the house is on a lake surrounded by trees, a cabin look would work, too. Heck, I am not really sure,” he admits reluctantly. He seems not to like the idea of giving away any bit of control. “Since summer is more than half over, could it be finished soon?”
    You assure him with a smile. “Of course! Will a month be good for you?”
    “That would be great! Do you think $235,000 would be enough?” he asks uncertainly.
    You assure him that will get him a very respectable house as you walk him to the door. It is a huge project, and you immediately return to start work on it.
    The Brief:
    *budget, including the price of the lot: $260,000
    *at least 4 bedrooms, one containing several bunk beds for the kids
    *4 ½ baths or more
    *kitchen, living room, laundry room, large dining room (with at least two large tables), home office, library, adult rec room, kids’ play room, and a fireplace in one of the rooms
    *outdoor shed, large parking are, outdoor activities, and landscaping
    * a nautical or beach theme, or a cabin theme if surrounded by trees—if possible, a water view would be awesome (not required)

Room Challenge:
    *budget: $35,000
    *create the kids’ bunk room

Sim Challenge:
    *create Luigi Popa and a few of his family members
    *give their traits, likes/dislikes
    *show their outfits
    *show them enjoying the vacation home

Remember to include the hashtag #bns176 with your build or it will not be judged! Entries are due by Thursday 31st, 2023, 23:5:59 New York Time/EST.[/left]
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    healthxsimshealthxsims Posts: 58 Member
    Hi, I'm new to this challenge :) I'm not sure how to get the "new lot link" mentioned in the entry form?
    - Gallery ID Healthsims -
  • Options
    Oh, and I don't own laundry day or the folding sofas mentioned in the description- can I still enter?
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Hi, I'm new to this challenge :) I'm not sure how to get the "new lot link" mentioned in the entry form?

This would be a direct link to your build on the gallery once uploaded. When you get to that point, one of us can help you locate and insert it into the form.

Oh, and I don't own laundry day or the folding sofas mentioned in the description- can I still enter?

From my experience, Build N Share has always encouraged everyone to enter, even if they don't have every pack. You may just have to be a bit more creative with your laundry room. There is a basket of clothes in the base game, along with the hamper, stack of folded shirts, stack of towels, and pile of dirty laundry. I know before the laundry pack was even a thing, I made what looked like a washer and dryer out of half walls, counters, and round windows, like so...

LACMV5u.png

Anywho. Just have fun! At the end of the day, that's really what this is all about. Happy Simming!
  • Options
    iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited August 2023

The new lot link is the web address that shows up when you are looking at your lot on the gallery here-- https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery. The web address changes for each lot/room/family entry. You can then just copy that web address and paste it into your form. You can also click on anyone's new lot link above to be taken to their actual lot entry on the gallery. I hope this helps!

A great question! And, yes, you can certainly enter! We don't expect everyone to own every expansion, kit, etc. Just use a regular couch or sofa and tell us in the picture description that it is a fold out bed. Same thing with the laundry room-use counters and a sink, and maybe a hamper or something that could be a hamper, and let us know in the description that it is the laundry room! We can all use our imaginations! :D
    And a big WELCOME to the Sims 4 BnS!
  • Options
    Thank you for the responses! One more question, can I enter all of the challenges (lot, room, cas) or just one?
  • Options
    Do ALL the things! *cheers on*
  • Options
    Thank you for the responses! One more question, can I enter all of the challenges (lot, room, cas) or just one?

It's entirely up to you. I think only a few people consistently enter all three.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    Another question, I didn't see this in the rules on the first page and I love to ask dumb questions :lol: Are we allowed to bulldoze a lot and/or it's terrain before we buy it to use it in the challenge if it already has a building? Or do we have to use lots that don't have anything on them/not bulldoze?
  • Options
    You can use any lot in any neighborhood, just be mindful of the cost, since it is part of your budget. Once you bulldoze everything and level it out, you should still see an amount, which is the cost of the lot.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top