Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horse Ranch Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 974 Member
    rebekah512 wrote: »
    @Haflinger you're making my wallet finger itch...

o:) what ... lil ole' me?

(Told ya I was an enabler. :D Horse people are actually horrible enablers, we just can't help ourselves)
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,979 Member
    I'll have the pack at some point in weekend, will do my old horses too. Or most likely only the latest , he was with me from his age 3 to 17..

killing time with ceilings :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,025 Member
    I love the horse rescue feature because it's great for immersion, AND the horses you get habe awful personalities. It's fun working from the ground up to give these guys a new lease on life
    ugMcxZk.jpeg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    rebekah512rebekah512 Posts: 881 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »
    rebekah512 wrote: »
    @Haflinger you're making my wallet finger itch...

o:) what ... lil ole' me?

(Told ya I was an enabler. :D Horse people are actually horrible enablers, we just can't help ourselves)

My aunt is a horse person-I'm well aware. lol.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,466 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »

I'm actually thinking of moving my simself to that one empty lot in Del Sol Valley. Put in a couple of stalls for my special ponies. It was always a dream to ride in Griffith Park and up to the Hollywood sign, but I don't think I'll be able to do that unless I get a better truck, my Jeep would probably die on me if I drove it that far (even if I have a special European made horse trailer).

Urban horse living. Yeah, done that. B)

I just moved my own Simself and her fam from their gigantic stone mansion in Windenburg to a nice 64x64 lot in Chestnut Ridge, a ranch that I got from the Gallery, just so she could have her own horse (and goats!). Because hey, if I can't own a horse in real life, my Sim for sure is going to have one. :D<3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    How's everyone feeling about the pack? Is it worth it or should I just wait for a sale? I'm trying to save money atm, buuuut I was a horse girl growing up and I'm soooo tempted. :D

You know, I could easily go through and say, "I wish they had also added this," or "I hope they will eventually add that," but at the end of the day, I have no regrets about buying it, I am enjoying it so far and expect to continue doing so for a good while.
  • Options
    Gordy wrote: »
    I love the horse rescue feature because it's great for immersion, AND the horses you get habe awful personalities. It's fun working from the ground up to give these guys a new lease on life

I’d wonder if the horse trainer Siena is an NPC similar to the Scotts in Henford or if I can move in a sim to be a working student and work with the rescue horses without her losing her “job” because that sounds like something I’d want to explore.

I can see so many opportunities with this pack because it speaks my language and there’s some many different things I could try if I had gone in different directions as an equestrian other than being a hunter/jumper-barn-brat-turned-casual-trail-rider.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited July 2023
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    How's everyone feeling about the pack? Is it worth it or should I just wait for a sale? I'm trying to save money atm, buuuut I was a horse girl growing up and I'm soooo tempted. :D

You know, I could easily go through and say, "I wish they had also added this," or "I hope they will eventually add that," but at the end of the day, I have no regrets about buying it, I am enjoying it so far and expect to continue doing so for a good while.

I think this sums up pretty well how I feel about it too. I am also fortunate enough to not have played much with the horses in TS3 so I don’t have so many points of comparison and, personally, I think the horses are very well done. And I really really like Chestnut Ridge, especially since for me, the Cottage Living world was a bit of a letdown - I genuinely can’t stand how much space there is between all these swampy looking plots xD

Now, yes, I do feel that Cottage Living and Horse Ranch go as well together as Growing Together and High School Years did and I can’t help but wonder if in the past, these would have simply been two packs instead of 4 but, well, it is TS4. I think most of the recent packs we got were actually pretty decent and fun and I don’t regret owning them, but I do tend to buy them at a lower price elsewhere 😅
  • Options
    Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    edited July 2023
    I absolutely love this pack. The world is gorgeous, the lighting is fantastic, the animations are spot on and very cute.
    Cas and build objects are good and the texture is <3
    We are maybe missing stuff if you compare it against sims 3, but what we got works and looks much better than in the sims 3.
    The only thing I would wish for, is more household slots.
    This pack made me uninstall sims 3, my sims 4 finally feels more complete.
    I can only say to the sims team, thank you :)

Post edited by Saga-Minx on
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,190 Member
    Saga-Minx wrote: »
    I absolutely love this pack. The world is gorgeous, the lighting is fantastic, the animations are spot on and very cute.
    Cas and build objects are good and the texture is <3
    We are maybe missing stuff if you compare it against sims 3, but what we got works and looks much better than in the sims 3. The only thing I would wish for, is more household slots.
    This pack made me uninstall sims 3, my sims 4 finally feels more complete.
    I can only say to the sims team, thank you :)

I also uninstalled my 3. Said farewell to Baldy & Maxis and as I now have Baldy in my game soon Maxis will be too. <3
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,578 Member
    You have to zoom in to really tell how your sim feels about horse riding. My cow girl is miserable! haha

Vyrm9x5.png
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    I am loving this pack way more than I thought I would. All of my gameplay since yesterday has been horse related. My household now has 4 horses, the parents I made in CAS, their born in game foal, Polaris (aka The Trash Can Bandit), and now their grandfoal Denali. Denali will be “sold” to someone in HoB which is where his mom, Hominy, lives.
  • Options
    Mitch's pangare coloration was bringing me to tears, so I found a Haflinger template on the gallery and went "close enough". A couple of changes later, and I think it looks pretty good.

ANyexpj.png
    There's my three. And why am I not surprised that the pony has his tongue sticking out? Flair kind of did it a lot too. :D Geldings! (makes me wonder if we could neuter horses like cats and dogs)
  • Options
    @Haflinger your babies are gorgeous!
  • Options
    @Haflinger your babies are gorgeous!

Thank you!

He really does like to stick his tongue out. :D

73FzF0ml.jpg
  • Options
    @Haflinger you're welcome! He looks like a ball of fun lol
  • Options
    @UniqueKhaos He is a total goof. I've had him for 15 years and he is a silly bug. He was such a baby when I got him, only 8, barely backed but he'd be driving for a while. And now he's just solid. Definitely my soul pony.
  • Options
    @Haflinger awww! You make me want a pony
  • Options
    @Haflinger awww! You make me want a pony

They can be fun. But they can be loads of work (and $$$) too. The nice thing about Horse Ranch is you can have ALL THE PONIES!! (and none of the actual real physical work and your wallet will thank you).
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 892 Member
    Finally was able to get the pack today. Have only played around with it a little bit, but am so in love with the horses. I personally think they look and feel better than the ones we had in Sims 3. I also love the world, it is incredibly beautiful. Can't wait to play more with them tomorrow.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,293 Member

As an Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome patient this makes me so incredibly happy!
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 722 Member

This is part of the pack? Like there's an actual Icabod Crane NPC? Or you can make a headless horseman to play with? If that's the case my interest just went up a hundred fold. Still waiting for bug reports to come in first though. :)

Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 516 Member
    It’s really great to see so many happy simmers enjoying this pack! Last week there were all those worries about why the livestream was so short and what the gurus were trying to hide given the stuff they didn’t show, and whether the pack was broken and they were desperately trying to fix things before release… But despite the odd bug (which is normal at release) this pack seems really solid from launch! And in the negative thread there are the usual gripes about stuff that could have been included but isn’t - and maybe there’s some justification for some of that. But the impression I get from this positive thread is that there is so much in the pack that is really well done, and the horses especially are excellent!

It makes sense that if you’re not remotely interested in horses then this pack wouldn’t hold much interest - same as if you don’t care about celebrities or acting you probably won’t enjoy Get Famous. But if you’re at least open to playing with horses, then it sounds as if this pack adds a lot to the game.

Now just to work out how soon I can save up to get it for myself… :)