Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Funny/weird things that happened in your game without you controlling it?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    edited July 2023
    @EnkiSchmidt Yes! That is okwonderful
    @WhatCobblers That is so interesting about the mermaid townies. I wonder if Ikkanu did some magic there. Oh yes, if played sims show up as walkbys when you're playing someone else, and the played sims hang around and chat with NPCs, they will remember the NPC later and maybe even had a good enough conversation to become friends.

Ah, I was worried that was what was happening. Is there a way to turn that off? It's frustrating when you don't actually want sims to build lots of connections with other NPCs (even more so when they are meant to be enemies!) Why can't my Sims do that with the people I actually want them to be friends with?! 😡 It seems to take ages to make my own Sims like each other.

Yes, forget the sea, the gym is where you will always find mermaids in my game. 😆 I have a household of eight merfolk living together (not Ikkanu, he lives on his own) and there is always at least one of them showing up at any gym.

As for Ikkanu, that gives me an idea for a story. I can picture him accidentally cloning someone and freaking out about it afterwards. Spell gone wrong perhaps?

• Options
    fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,286 Member
    I have had some saves with large households where my sims will dress in outfits that are not in the saved outfits that I approved for them, and they will run off into whatever world they live in to check things out and socialize and do whatever. They make friends and all kinds of stuff. When that happens I have to keep going back and forth to follow the sims around and see what they’re up to. I don’t want to miss anything cool, although I’m sure that I have! My fave thing that I was able to catch was when two of my sims were checking out a street musician, and they were chatting with people around, then the musician sim of the two took the guitar and started playing there on the street in front of people. It was pretty fun to see! That scene went on for a long time.
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    Is there a way to turn that off?

@WhatCobblers There's no easy way. There is probably a mod.
    As for Ikkanu, that gives me an idea for a story. I can picture him accidentally cloning someone and freaking out about it afterwards. Spell gone wrong perhaps?

Now this I would love to read :)
  • Options
    KestrelDCKestrelDC Posts: 335 Member
    @WhatCobblers That is so interesting about the mermaid townies. I wonder if Ikkanu did some magic there. Oh yes, if played sims show up as walkbys when you're playing someone else, and the played sims hang around and chat with NPCs, they will remember the NPC later and maybe even had a good enough conversation to become friends.

Ah, I was worried that was what was happening. Is there a way to turn that off? It's frustrating when you don't actually want sims to build lots of connections with other NPCs (even more so when they are meant to be enemies!) Why can't my Sims do that with the people I actually want them to be friends with?! 😡 It seems to take ages to make my own Sims like each other.

Yes, forget the sea, the gym is where you will always find mermaids in my game. 😆 I have a household of eight merfolk living together (not Ikkanu, he lives on his own) and there is always at least one of them showing up at any gym.

Maybe Ikkanu is try to copypasto some food or a tool or some nice article of clothing he could really use more of but for some whacky reason ends up hitting a person or animal with it :lol:
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    KestrelDC wrote: »

Maybe Ikkanu is try to copypasto some food or a tool or some nice article of clothing he could really use more of but for some whacky reason ends up hitting a person or animal with it :lol:

That could work!