Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited June 2023
    bhaXpM1.png
    Expert #BnS 173 Friends from College

@pammiechick☆
    IHKSsCa.jpg
    Comments The exterior of this home is beautiful and very modern, it will definitely appeal to creative young adults. The bold orange cabinets are a nice pop of color amid the neutral brown and white. The bar area is a perfect addition to the home. Great choice of wall decor. Nice use of the divider to separate the kitchen and foyer without enclosing it. That entertainment room looks so fun, like something right out of an arcade. George’s workspace looks like the perfect writer’s lair, with all the blue, the big windows, a comfy chair, and even a kitchenette so he can lose himself in writing without worrying about going hungry. I love the little detail that his room has a mystery vibe despite him writing science fiction. The entire room says “a writer sleeps here, especially all the pictures. Kelly’s studio looks so inspiring , sunny and bright. Her bedroom seems fresh and youthful, but then she did just graduate college. Perhaps she hasn’t yet parted with some of her favorite things from High School. I like that Andy likes pink as well as gray, the touch of pink is just enough to keep her space from looking monochromatic while at the same time being subtle enough not to overwhelm the space. Her workspace is very fashionable, giving off a more organized almost formal vibe than the other two at first glance. Then you see that colorful mural and realize the space is much livelier than it first appears. Nice little workout room. The patio does have a very romantic vibe, especially with the waterfall. The three friends will love hanging out here with their dates or swimming in the pool.
    Suggestions: The fence on the second floor landing doesn’t quite fit the modern style with the big windows and open spaces. There’s a base game glass fence that would have been a better fit. You could also use a glass stair rail to give the illusion of an open stair while safely enclosing it. The area around the patio doors seems a little empty and cold. Some plants and maybe a rug would have made it appear more welcoming.

@Rostri-Jodu☆
    GpzTUgc.jpg
    Comments I wasn’t sure what to expect when I saw Isle of Vulpe Park, but I was pleasantly surprised by how well it fits into its surroundings, with those gorgeous views all around. But then, it is based on Frank Lloyd Wright’s style, and well-done too. The three skylights are a great touch ,letting in some extra light from above. The arch is beautiful. And I see what you did there with the fountain, one block for each friend. The recurring theme of three- skylights, pillars,entrances - is very clever - and powerful. Love the landscaping. The firepit seems like a nice area to hang out. Love the planters in the lounge, they’re a nice break from all the stone and glass. Excellent use of a platform to separate the fountain from the hallway. The kitchen is a cook’s dream. I love that row of open windows over the counters. The theater is perfect, from the lit steps to the way the interior is set up and the color scheme. The writer’s study is perfect, and the private balcony a great place to get inspired. The fashionista’s space is well-suited to an alien. It is sleek and uncluttered without being cold. The artist’s space is such a bright contrast to the other two, but still just right for him. I like that you included some of the artist’s creations in the studio. A private space for the fashion designer to consult with clients makes perfect sense.

Suggestions: Some of the screenshots were a little dim, you can use debug lights just for the slideshow or edit the pictures with some sort of program to make them a little lighter, which makes the details easier to see. Other than that, I can’t think of any suggestions.

@PINKUSFAMILY☆ Comments A house on Vacuous Green for three, with two driveways, what a unique idea! Love the style of the house, especially the courtyard with all the rooms built around it. The great room/bar area is so cozy and warm. The piano in the entry looks like a lot of fun. Nice seating area in the home theater, that striped rug really pops. Beautiful kitchen, with plenty of room for food prep or sitting down for a snack at the island. The laundry room looks simple but functional. The artist’s areas are so sunny and bright. The white on the walls keeps the color from being overwhelming. I like that you used the lighted divider to separate the sections. The fashion designer’s rooms are sleek and fashionable. The bookshelves in the writer’s hallway are so appropriate. I think this suite of rooms is my favorite, from the comfy office to the relaxing bedroom with its own conversation corner or reading nook.That upstairs gaming room looks so fun, it probably gets a lot of use.And the skylight! The views must be spectacular any time of day. The back patio will be great for entertaining.
    Suggestions:Some of the screenshots taken in the late afternoon/evening are a little hard to see. If you don’t want to wait until the lighting is’ better ro use a cheat, you can take screenshots in build mode with the gridlines turned off and just set the time of day to afternoon or morning - whenever the lighting is best. The walls of the great room seem too orange and red for what the friends wanted. Putting the two pictures near the piano so close together creates a big empty space over the piano. Moving the small collection of pictures over a bit would have looked more balanced.
    3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is… @Rostri-Judo
    OLX63Po.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@Rostri-Judo☆
    00.jpg
    Comments: I love how you turned Andy into a nickname for the more alien looking Ahndee. His party outfit is a little hard to see against his skin though. Its nice to see Kellan isn’t afraid of wearing flower prints to party. Somehow, despite being a big, burly werewolf, they suit the writer in him. George’s outfits are very colorful and suited to a mereman artist. It was a pleasant surprise that you turned all three of them into a different occult. Great choice of tattoos. All three sets of outfits perfectly fit each sim’s personality. They’re all clearly enjoying their new home.
    And the winner is… @Rostri-Judo
    OLX63Po.jpg

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    edited June 2023
    Ooo. Thank you BNS for the kind comments and the wins. Congrats to all who entered, in all of the categories!
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Congratulations @Rostri-Jodu ! Your build was amazing as always!

Thank you @BuildnShare for your kind thoughts and great suggestions!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    bhaXpM1.png
    Expert #BnS 174 Generational Renovation

@pammiechick☆
    6T6hnnE.jpg
    Comments Contemporary Beauty is just that. Usually, I don’t care for so much white, but it looks great amid all the greenery. It’s eye-catching. Valerie will love working in that sunny little greenhouse. Great idea to separate the different areas of the backyard. The interiors are bright, roomy and airy, perfectly contemporary. Great job including splacehs of color while keeping the neutral palette going throughout. The fireplace in the family room sure does look cozy! Very nice kitchen: the herringbone tiles go great with the choice of cabinets. I can see why Valerie and Tobias love their bedroom. The kids’ bedrooms are so cute and perfectly reflect their personalities. The views from the rooftop are stunning! Great idea to include a space for the adults to have some privacy or throw an adults-only party. Either way, they’ll enjoy the lounges, pool and bar. Love all the skylights.

Suggestions: One of your greenhouse photos is slanted on one side. Be careful about that and take the screenshot from above if you can’t find a better angle. The front porch needs a fence or short dividing wall along the right side of the stairs. I would have liked to see more potted plants throughout, especially in the kitchen and in the curve of the interior stairs landing to fill in some of that empty space. Is the desk in Finn’s room and the bed actually routable? It looks too close to the ladder. Also you showed him as a toddler but gave him a child’s bedroom? I’m confused. I think a ladder-like staircase leading to the roof would have made more sense. The clapboard siding you left on seems out of place.

@Rostri-Jodu☆
    OXz5nDS.jpg
    Comments: The roof is what caught my eye first, it’s definitely interesting. Content Contemp has a lot of curve appeal, from the lawn to the big windows to the inviting front porch. That purple tree is a bright spot of whimsy and color, and so suited to Newcrest. Love how the swingset and jungle gym blend right into the yard, then there’s another pop of color from the waterslide. The main suite looks warm and serene. I like that the decor reflects the family’s travels. What a great idea to set apart the office with a couple of steps down. It’s a very nice, functional space, yet still with a bti of fun in the form of the jukebox and bookcases.The reading nook is such a great, creative and useful addition.I especially like the hanging plants in the window. Very nice and sunny little greenhouse, which is much more useful than a garage. Great idea to shrink the ballerina statue and fire hydrants so they fit in the kids’ rooms. Love how you blended the blue and yellow colors in the playroom, perfect choice of wallpaper, curtains and decor.

Suggestions: I can’t think of a single thing I would change here. Great job!

And the winner is… @Rostri-Jodu
    OLX63Po.jpg
    3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@Rostri-Jodu
    6J3pf2H.jpg
    Comments: What a lovely family! I like that Valerie and the kids all had some yellow in their everyday outfits, it ties them together as a unit.They’re clearly enjoying their new home. Valerie looks so stylish in her outfits which are perfect for a world traveler. Love herparty and hot weather outfits. Tobias looks so businesslike in his Everyday and Formal outfits, yet you can see he knows how to relax and have fun when at home. Jannike’s outfits are so cute. I bet that ballet slipper sweatshirt is her very favorite. Finn’s outfits are just perfect for a future firefighter, especially the two overall sets - he can realy pretend to be a firefighter when he wears those!
    And the winner is...Rostri-Jodu
    OLX63Po.jpg
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    Thank you, BNS, for the feedback. I had a lot of fun doing the reno and making the family. I think I'm getting better and better with dressing my sims.
  • Options
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 174 - Generational Renovation

@Kiteldesigns
    PbAqbxE.png
    You have designed a beautiful home for the Schwartz family. The landscaping is wonderful! All the trees, shrubs and flowers surrounding the home look great. The greenhouse you designed is just perfect! The exterior of the home looks lovely as well. The decks, beams, windows and all the little extras that you have added look so nice together. The interior of the home is well done. The modern look that you have given the home suits the family’s requests well and adding the purple gives this home a nice pop of color. The built in fridge wall was a nice feature in the kitchen. It was nice to see that you saved quite a few of the items from the original home for the new space as well. The home is a good mix of contemporary and traditional and you have done an excellent job of adding so many nice little details to the home, my favorite was the fire truck bed. Well done!

Suggestions: Although the house had many rooms full of color there were a few places that seemed a bit dreary, like the laundry room and the main floor bedroom. It would have been nice to see a little bit of contrasting color to add some interest to these spaces.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @KitelDesigns

vEEOxbO.png

3gHHX7s.png
    Room Challenge

@coolsim9999999
    7c4UlJQ.png
    What a beautiful greenhouse you have given Valerie! The vertical gardens as well as the other garden beds give her plenty of space for all types of plants and flowers. The hanging vines over the windows are a great idea and your attention to detail with the potting station in the corner is great! It is nice that you even added a wall speaker for her to enjoy listening to music while she gardens. It is a very nice greenhouse!

Suggestions: A flower arranging station would have been a great addition to this room.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @coolsim9999999

KMpYnuR.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    edited August 2023
    Congratulations on winning the expert level for your house and Sims for BnS 173 and BnS 174 @Rostri-Jodu B)<3!
    Congratulations on winning the established level for your house BnS 174 @KitelDesigns B)<3!

Thank you so much @BuildnShare for the awesome review of my greenhouse room, as well as for the great suggestions for BNS 174 B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    edited August 2023
    bhaXpM1.png
    Expert #BnS 175 Summer Designer Showdown

@pammiechick
    WTdPE2y.png
    Comments; Pink Saddle Vineyard and Bar is so cute and creative! I almos expect to see Barbie showing up to check it out. Great idea to put the horseshoe topiary on top of the gate. Having the truck about to leave with a delivery was a great detail. The interior is beautiful, functional, comfortable and rustic all at once. I love how you included touches of pink inside without it being overwhelming. Sims will definitely enjoy hanging out here or learning how to make nectar. Clever use of the small spaces to make intimate, private date spots. The rugs in the two bathrooms are cute. The office looks used and personalized without being too cluttered and crowded. The bar and dancing areas look like a lot of fun!
    Suggestions: I can’t think of a single thing I would change. Possibly the foosball table or dart board would have been a better choice for some bars, but I can see the arcade game was the best fit for the room - and this particular bar.

3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is… @pammiechick
    aKW6tBo.jpg
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Thank you for your wonderful suggestions! And yes, I think the Barbie movie was in my head with this build. :lol:

I definitely should have done the dart board for the game room. I don't know why that didn't cross my mind! Probably because I'm a gamer. LOL! :p Habits die hard around here! :smiley:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    fcuRqPI.png
    Starting Out Results - BnS 175 - Summer Designer Showdown

@dianathejuicebox
    rCvbjGE.jpg
    You have done an excellent job of designing a house for this challenge! The light-colored exterior is a beautiful choice and you have done a great job of the landscaping on this home. The outdoor activities that you have added are great and I love the way you have incorporated the fountain into the pool. The way you have placed your rooms together is a great layout for the home and really gives it a nice look. I especially like the triangular kitchen with access to the den as well as the guest room being on the opposite end of the house from the other bedrooms. The dark wood throughout the house works well with the light walls and the flowered rugs in the secondary bedroom really look great. This is very well done!

Suggestions: You didn’t specify if you would like constructive criticism. So, if not, please disregard this and hopefully others can find it helpful. Using different textures or colors on the exterior walls (particularly where the roof peaks in the front and back) would add extra interest to the curb appeal of this home. Also, don’t forget about the little details like toilet paper holders or towel racks.

@Aaleyn
    OGhEDY7.jpg
    Restaurant Asian Delights is a beautiful build for this challenge! The exterior of the building suits an Asian Restaurant nicely and the columns and room trim really add that little bit of extra to the build. The pond, fountain, and patio seating along with the plants, sculptures and lighting create a great atmosphere for the sims to enjoy. You have done a great job of combining the rooms to create a nice layout for the restaurant. The spandrels and columns work well together and the higher walls were a good choice as well. It was nice to see that you added different kinds of seating throughout the space and even included a coffee bar and a pantry. You have really paid attention to detail on this build and have designed a wonderful restaurant. Well done!

Suggestions: Adding a couple plants or seating by the main entrance door would have looked really nice, or even just choosing a double door to make the entrance look more grand.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @Aaleyn

kb7fPJl.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 175 - Summer Designer Showdown

@KitelDesigns
    lrQMNSS.png
    You always have a good sense of building and this restaurant looks lovely and inviting. I love all the flowers and roses as the theme and it would be such a great place to take your sims on a date! The colors of the portraits really make a cohesive theme throughout the environment. I love the back patio, too! There’s wonderful areas for music such as the piano and dj booth. There’s also a wedding area, too. The use of gables and stained glass gives an elegant touch to the surroundings. The carport was a nice thought as well! You’ve done a wonderful job of the aesthetics that I’d love to take my sims here! Great job!

Suggestions: In the brief, it stated you couldn’t combine walls or change the pieces. I saw where some of the walls were combined. You could use archways to combine but you couldn’t delete wall spaces. That’s the challenge! Also, some of your rose bushes bled into the walls. Just turn on MOO and use the alt key to move it slightly away from the wall to get rid of the offending leaves. ;)

3gHHX7s.png
    vEEOxbO.png

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    AaleynAaleyn Posts: 301 Member
    Thank you @BuildnShare for the wonderful review and great suggestions :blush:
    I really enjoyed this challenge, I had a lot of fun designing a build from the "Tetris puzzle" ! 😊

Congratulations to the winners and to all who entered, beautiful creations everyone! <3 😊
    "Where words fail, music speaks" ~ Hans Christian Andersen ♥*♥*♥ My Gallery ID: Aaleyn
  • Options
    Congratulations to all the winners!!! B)<3B) Awesome builds! B)B)
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    edited September 2023
    bhaXpM1.png
    Expert Results - BnS 176 - For the Family

@pammiechick
    Fpa12lr.jpg
    Comments: What a beautiful modern mansion! It still has a bit of ain island vibe in the wooden exterior details which means it doesn’t seem the least bit out of place in Sulani. The landscaping is lush and perfect.
    The entryway is very welcoming. Love the artwork you used. Sims will have fun hanging out and chatting in that conversational area. Good idea to use room dividers to separate the living and kitchen areas. That big laundry room is perfect for a large family. The aquarium fits so nicely into that spot, great idea to include it. The planters make a pretty pop of color in the dining room. Nice gym with the view of the pool. I like that the yoga mat is separated a little by a platform. The study has great views of the outside, and giving it access to the outside will make it easy for sims to take breaks from work to get some fresh air. Great idea to tie the colors of the seating area to the artwork. What a lovely blue and white family room. The toddler/infant room is so cute, I especially love the deck outside. Great for relaxing while staying close in case the infinite or toddler start crying. The bunkroom is so colorful, definitely a place t eh children can enjoy for years. Creative use of the mural from Mt. Komorebi to make a backsplash in the kids’ bath. An infinity pool onthe ocean? Decadent! The main bedroom is so spacious and luxurious, I bet the couple could happily spend all day there. The party area on the roof is a grat idea, so much fun to bbg and dance under the stars!

Suggestions: I would have put a rail and fence around the front porch and stairs. You don’t want any sims falling off! You definitely had enough in your budget to afford it. Also it looks like the steps are going intot he water - could you have made the stairs narrower or moved the house one square to the left? THere’s an easy way to move the whole lot if you only noticed after doing landscaping you didn’t want to disrupt. You can use debug lighting to brighten dark rooms for screenshots. I can’t tell, is the access to the party deck only in the main bedroom? That’s fine for family, but they might not like guests tromping through their private space. The playroom has so many fun activities both inside and out, the children will never want to leave.

3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is… @pammiechick
    aKW6tBo.jpg

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    Congratulations @pammiechick on winning the expert level for BnS176! B)<3 Awesome build! B)
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    edited September 2023
    Congratulations @pammiechick on winning the expert level for BnS176! B)<3 Awesome build! B)

Thank you! <3

And thank you @BuildnShare for your thoughts! I think I get blinders on little details like steps into the ocean! (Will their feet get wet every time they go home? lol!) I appreciate the suggestions!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    You're welcome @pammiechick :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    EVxjqb3.png
    Master Results – 173 - Friends from College

@AlJay
    MV09gFR.jpg
    Brownstone for Friends is a magnificent stately townhouse with a lovely modern twist which fits in very well with the neighbourhood. Fantastic choice of exterior wall textures and finishes which blend and contrast beautifully together. The plants at the front add attractiveness to the build and are very pleasing to the eye. Great bicycle storage and the residents will enjoy their home grown plants. Excellent internal layout with the communal areas on the ground floor and basement. The blue and mustard looks stunning in the living room and your choice of arch to the dining room is a wonderful feature. Good to see such a well equipped kitchen which is lovely and spacious. What a great idea to design a whole floor for each inhabitant, it’s almost like they have their own apartments. You have listened to the brief and perfectly designed each one in their favourite colours with workspaces according to their jobs.

Suggestions: Love the ivy going up the walls but it looks a little uniform to me, maybe it would look more natural branching out to the sides more.

@SheriGR
    jzNmUMh.jpg
    Creative Roomies is a fantastic modern design in great contrasting monotone shades. Beautiful landscaping at the front which really lifts and enhances this house with the gorgeous greenery and shrubs. Excellent and unique choice of fenestration which adds character and appeal. Going inside the layout is wonderful with all rooms easily accessible. The neutral tones of the communal areas are soothing and warm making very relaxing areas. Great to see a good sized and well equipped kitchen and I love the idea of an indoor lap pool. Each of the residents spaces are absolutely gorgeous and you have put a lot of thought into the needs of each person. The designer’s quarters are lovely and minimalist with such a chic and stylish vibe, love the photographers studio. The writer will be greatly inspired in their relaxing aqua and oceanlike rooms, the nautical touches are a great idea. My favourite is the artists studio, excellent choice of windows here to let in much light and the sunny yellow tones bring in warmth and a beautiful cheery feeling.

Suggestions: There is a big green space in the rear garden which is good but maybe a water feature would have added interest here or perhaps bbq with dining table, etc. Also take your pics in live mode, this will eliminate the line around the lot and make them more natural looking.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @AlJay

Jt0kRGo.png

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    fcuRqPI.png
    Starting Out Results - BnS 176 - For the Family

@ForeverTuesday
    jOBuLlI.png
    The Lodge that you have designed for the Popa family is stunning! It looks very grand on the lot that you have placed it on in Brindleton Bay. The different siding textures and colors give this vacation home a wonderful look. The diagonal rooms on the side really add to the home and work perfectly with the way you have designed the backyard. It is great that you have added many outdoor activities for all ages to enjoy. The design of the interior is well done and the thought to make it rentable while some of the family can still visit was a nice idea. Each of the rooms are well decorated and the cabin and coastal themed artwork really look nice with the home. Each of the children’s rooms have so many nice items and activities for the kids to enjoy and the private decks for the adult rooms was a great idea as well. Your attention to detail really gives this build that little bit extra. Well done!

Suggestions: The one bathroom had a window above the sink. I would suggest arranging the room differently so that you could have added a mirror.

@solvorsh
    xc4i5pc.png
    Totter Log Cabin is beautiful! You have designed a wonderful cabin for the Popa family to enjoy. The family will appreciate the garage parking as well as outdoor space for parking, as well as all of the bikes that you have included. The wraparound deck looks beautiful and the landscaping blends in nicely with the lot’s surroundings. I love that you even added a tree house. The interior of the home has a nice layout and the different wood textures and furniture that you have chosen suit the coastal cabin design and really give this home a warm and welcoming feeling. The family will be sure to enjoy the large open concept living space but it is nice that you gave them a more private eating option in the kitchen. The adult rec room looks great and the children’s playroom looks so exciting! Great idea to have it right beside the bunk room. This is such a lovely vacation home. Great job!

Suggestions: Adding some hand towels by the sinks in the bathrooms would have looked nice.

@healthxsims
    rfadanX.png
    What a lovely vacation home for the Popa family! The raised terrain and the steps give the entrance of this home a very grand look. The dark wood siding and the white corner posts with the white windows really look nice together. It is nice to see that you have added plenty of parking for the family as well as the shed and plenty of outdoor activities for them to enjoy. The covered deck at the back of the house looks great as well. The interior of the home is well done. The layout has a nice flow about it and you have made sure to create a nice open concept living space that will hold large groups of sims. The dark floors and the light walls look nice together with the accent stone walls that you have added. I love how creative you were with the laundry room and it is great that you even added a gym! The children’s bunk room and playroom both look like a lot of fun and it was nice to see that you even took the time to add light switches to your build. This is a great vacation home. Nicely done!

@Aaleyn
    sv0s77Q.png
    The luxury cabin that you have built for the Popa family looks wonderful! The view from this lot is beautiful and the water feature that you have included really adds to the view. The night view of this home is also vey beautiful. The exterior of the home looks nice with the contrasting colors and textures of siding with the windows and dark wood fences. The vines climbing up the house is a nice touch as well. The family will be sure to enjoy the multiple decks and all the outdoor activities that you have added. It is great that you even added a telescope and yoga mat above the shed. The interior of the home looks very nice. The style suits the brief but still blends in well with Mt. Komorebi. The large windows you have added really add to the view from the inside. The children’s bunk room looks very inviting and the bathroom that you have designed to go with it looks really cute. You have done a great job of making each bedroom unique. Very well done!

Suggestions: You chose a very difficult design for your house to add a roof to. It probably would have worked better for you if you had chosen the octagon roof shape for the angled parts instead of connecting a few different roofs, but I understand this can be very hard to do.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @ForeverTuesday

bnVSfDb.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

Room Challenge

@tatselk
    EB8kpEB.jpg
    Your Nautical Kids Bunk room is great! I love all the nautical details that you have added. You have made sure to offer the children plenty of activities to enjoy in the room as well as a place to display their fun artwork on the walls. The table in the center of the room with the computer and the books is a great idea and it is nice that you even added a couch as well. Great job on this!

@healthxsims
    oJvku2j.png
    You have designed a great bunk room for the Popa children. There are so many fun activities for the children and I really like your choice of flooring for the room as well. You have added plenty of sleeping space and even included a toddler bed! It is nice to see so many fun decals and artwork on the walls as well as toys strewn over the floor. It is a very nice room!

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @tatselk
    nFtqGho.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    healthxsimshealthxsims Posts: 58 Member
    Congrats everyone!
    - Gallery ID Healthsims -
  • Options
    AaleynAaleyn Posts: 301 Member
    Congratulations to all the winners and to all who entered! Beautiful creations, everyone! :blush:

Thank you very much @BuildnShare for the great review & suggestions; I really enjoyed this challenge! :blush:
    "Where words fail, music speaks" ~ Hans Christian Andersen ♥*♥*♥ My Gallery ID: Aaleyn
  • Options
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 176 - For the Family

@KitelDesigns
    PJYSN7r.png
    Wow! This home is spectacular. On the ridge like that in Windenburg just sets it off beautifully and it has that cape feel. Perfect for the setting. Wonderful use of rocks and the unique placement of angles of the rooms is interesting and inviting. I like the garage, too. Looks realistic. I love the color of this design. It fits the style. It’s very tidy and has ample space for a large family. I love all the use of artwork throughout on the walls. Well done! The study is especially nice and what we’re looking for as far as decoration goes. It looks like someone lives here and cares about their space. Bring that type of design to the rest of the build and you will go up a level to expert as your building skills are impeccable. I love the pet center in the kitchen and the kitchen is a standout in the build. A fun place for the whole family to enjoy cooking. The family room is a showplace with books and places for everyone to sit. Love all the views out to the lake. Gorgeous! I love the touches in the bathroom with extra toilet paper and toothbrushes. Good use of making the shower bigger. Love the difference in warmth of the gameroom with the dark woods. Makes it more cozy and relaxed. The bedrooms are very pretty. Love the artwork and the closets are perfect for this home. They even have a wine cellar! Nice. Lots of fun activities for the family to enjoy. Any large family would love to visit here. Wonderful build!

Suggestions: I wish there was more use of plants, knick knacks, etc, throughout the home. Places where you could have put things are on all the tables, in the nooks on the bookcases, on the counters, on the sideboards in the dining room. Just on any side table, there needs to be maybe a plant or a candle. You’re really coming along with your decoration, though! Much improved! I also wish the artwork and decor would have been brought into the kids bunk room. Just a little touch with a rug and a plant might have helped.

@coolsim9999999
    9nebQz9.png
    What a fun place you’ve created! This looks like a resort for children! Perfect for a vacation! I love how you put the cupcake machine outdoors where everyone can make cupcakes whenever they wish. The fun colors match so well with the theme. The yellow pops off the blue and is so vibrant. The outdoors has something for everyone including toddlers! I love all the fun activities. And there’s a place for all the water sports in the carport and many cars for the family to use. I love how creative you are with all the color and you really cared about the details for the family. The decoration was spot on with every room. The kitchen felt like a real kitchen with the appliances on top of the island. You can tell they’d replace them underneath when done (but this is the sims and they can’t do that). The kids rooms especially are so fun and creative. You really know how to use color and decoration well. I love the rooftop where there’s a hot tub for the parents, fun slides for the kids, and pools for the toddlers. The teens can lay out in the sun. Well done!

Suggestions: Use terrain paint underneath all your plants outdoors. Even though you have sand, just a slightly darker color would make it look a bit more natural. I wish the pool would have been a bit larger because only a few sims would be able to use it at one time. For the living area, the tv should be flush to the wall so everyone in the room can see it. Use moveobjects on cheat to have it be able to go there and pull the artwork slightly up. Use the alt key pressed down to pull it to any position you need. The tv should work. Test to make sure. I wish the architecture were a bit more creative rather than just boxes.

3gHHX7s.png

vEEOxbO.png

3gHHX7s.png

Room Challenge

@coolsim9999999
    53BON0B.png
    I love this kids room. It’s so vibrant. I love the use of wallpaper that match with the blues and yellows. Any child would want to play and stay in here. The bunks are seamlessly placed and coordinate well and don’t get in the way of playtime. The nautical theme is well presented with the fun crab peeping out of the waves and the fish flying up from the floor. It looks like the sea is on the floor with fish swimming. And the children won’t get spooked by monsters as there’s lights preventing this, too. Wonderful job!

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @coolsim9999999
    KMpYnuR.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    EVxjqb3.png
    Master Results – 174 - Generational Renovation

@AlJay
    5BIYyXR.png
    Generational Refresh is exactly as it says, a beautiful modernised and revamped family home. Excellent work with the roofing which blends well with the contemporary design and you have made a great choice of exterior wall finishes. Interesting fenestration with lovely large windows which will let in plenty of light. I am amazed at how much you have fit in to the small rear garden without it looking cluttered, fantastic layout and the tall fence will provide privacy for the family. Gorgeous interiors in light neutral tones and you have worked wonders adding the pops of purple to give the home an extra dimension. I really like the wall feature by the fire in the living room, very creative and it’s good to see a spacious kitchen and well stocked pantry.

Suggestions: Looking at the front the three levels of planters seemed a little too much to me. Removing the two by the door would give a better appearance to the façade.

@gmcrozier
    mdjduEV.png
    Wow, you have really given the Schwartz Family Home a beautiful facelift. I absolutely love your choice of contrasting exterior textures which give a lovely modern appearance enhanced by the gorgeous landscaping. The porch is a wonderful feature and fits in well. Interesting variety of interior wall coverings provide interest to the cosy sitting room and I love all the counter space and the central island in the spacious well stocked kitchen. The cool neutral tones flow well throughout the home and you have brought in the pops of purple beautifully without it being overbearing. Great layout to the garden and I like how you have created the different areas. Good to see lots of activities here which will keep the family very happy. I especially like the putting green!

Suggestions: I love the fantastic garage door design with the basketball hoop above it but I think this area would look better with only one surface for the driveway, ie terrain paint, though I do understand why you chose the other for the basketball area.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @AlJay

Jt0kRGo.png

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2023

Thanks so very much for your great reviews of my house and room and for your suggestions about my house @BuildnShare B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top