Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Partner / spouse that travels

fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,286 Member
Does anyone else have a partner or spouse who regularly travels for work? And how do you deal / what kinds of things do you do while they're gone? Whenever my partner travels (like today through the weekend), I kind of go into scared hibernation mode. I always want to socialize, and sometimes make plans to do so, but then wind up cancelling and staying in and playing video games, and I sleep with all of the lights on and all of the doors including my bedroom and outer bathroom door locked. I do not like being by myself at night or giving someone a chance to enter the house by opening the door. So even the mail person is out of luck. And my partner has been traveling for years! I don't know when I will get comfortable with it. I'm used to it now, but I'm still not comfortable. Any helpful tidbits
All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    I've always wished my husband traveled more to give me time alone to chill. 😄

I find it a little unnerving sometimes but I'm not afraid to stay alone at night. I hate sleeping upstairs because I think I'll be trapped if something does happen. I'll sleep downstairs in the living room with the TV on for company.

I love to read. If I know I don't have to do anything the next morning I'll just read until I'm too tired to keep my eyes open.

Do you have an alarm system?

Do you have a pet?
  • Options
    My pet passed away on April 21st. :'( So I really am alone now.

We have a security system so there is that, I guess! In the beginning, well for the first several years, I used to sleep on the couch downstairs with the tv on. It's only been in the past year that I have been able to sleep in the bedroom. So at least there is some progress, I suppose?
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
  • Options
    I know I have been super active on here today, and that's because I'm sad that my partner is gone lol - thanks for humoring all of my posts, to everyone here. I don't know who will read this but...thanks. <3
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    My hubby is an airline pilot so he's gone half the time. I like the time of being alone but I always need a pet. I have a cat and a dog to keep me company. I play video games at night then go to sleep with mood/sleep enticing music.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    My hubby is an airline pilot so he's gone half the time. I like the time of being alone but I always need a pet. I have a cat and a dog to keep me company. I play video games at night then go to sleep with mood/sleep enticing music.

My partner was traveling 50% of the time for awhile, fortunately now it is much more reasonable. And he always takes the red eye home so he doesn't have to be there another day. It's nice that he wants to come home. <3 He always gets to fly first class - I'm jealous of that lol.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    We are ALL here to support each other. We've all been thru those times. If you need anything let us know, ok? I'm sending you hugs!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    We are ALL here to support each other. We've all been thru those times. If you need anything let us know, ok? I'm sending you hugs!

Thank you! <3 I really love this community, it's so positive.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    don't have partner or spouse

but I find when you start to get horror movie paranoid vibes its best to find someone to hangout with/ talk to on the phone and keep busy

if you don't have anyone trustworthy available maybe just go somewhere with lots of chill humans like library? cafe?

and just sit there for a while reminding yourself humans have other things to do than break into your house and bonk your head with some item or another

then again this might obviously go all wrong and you might meet Joe Goldberg while at library

but if you dress up in a gorilla suit I think that might help (then again it might also lead into other problems like people calling cops on you instead)

I like to use this tactic when I go on early morning walk and get paranoid I am going to run into creep I just dress up like more of a creep myself so I can assert dominance if i do run into a creep, or share fashion tips before they bonk my head

I feel it helps me mentally

if nothing helps and someone still breaks in to your house while you do not have time to hide then idk man thats kinda awkward

guess you have to host a tea party now while lamenting the fact you didn't know if they have food allergies
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free