Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Lottery

Just out of curiosity has anyone ever won a sims4 lottery :D

Comments

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,116 Member
    Twice, both times with sims that were already fairly wealthy or that I was intending to give the money to via cheats anyway.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,571 Member
    I had a pregnant sim win it once. She was single and poor so it was most welcome!

Another time I had an elderly couple living with their grown up son and his wife. Can't remember which one of them had the winning ticket but one of them did 😁
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,060 Member
    My lottery is motherlode. 💰
  • Options
    kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    I have quite a few times.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,946 Member
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,997 Member
    Once. It was when I started my scenario save. My sim started with 20,000 minus the house and furniture. And the lottery came up that day or the next, so I had her play, and she won!
  • Options
    Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    Once, I had one Sim who entered on a whim (I don't normally enter), and she won!
  • Options
    IllandryaIllandrya Posts: 87 Member
    I’ve won twice and the first time it completely ruined my struggling artist story. He had just enough simoleons to paint a picture to sell for his next meal then all of a sudden he is a millionaire!
  • Options
    brizgalbrizgal Posts: 147 Member
    Once. It came just after some major expansions and renovations, so was very welcome as had spent all the savings to prepare for the new twins.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,449 Member
    None of my played sims won it yet even though they play regularly. I think it would be nice if sometimes they won like a free ticket, or some smaller amounts of money like lotteries usually do.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,209 Member
    A few times, yes. And if some random unplayed nobody wins, I sometimes look for them in Manage Households and transfer a little something to the account of someone who actually needs it... :p
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 968 Member
    Two or three times back when I first started playing (2018) but not recently.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,983 Member
    I haven’t. I do have a save where the lottery is coming up so fingers crossed! It already happened once in that save and Angela Pleasant won that time.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,895 Member
    I've only had a played sim win once, Bobby Builder. Incidentally, he was only going to playtest my builds, so wasn't really going to play him much. I'll say that changed pretty fast.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,974 Member
    @Kathykins Nice. That's funny, I have a Babs Builder who playtests builds in my game. Babs gets free money via cheat codes all the time though so that I can build whatever on her lot. She never plays the lottery bc she has a better deal already
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    None of my played sims have won the lottery but sometimes I add the winner to my game as an NPC.
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,681 Member
    My Gwen has won once... throw in the Fabulously Wealth aspiration, or whatever it's called, and you never need to worry about money again. I call it her dragon hoard, since she's a witch and more likely to have picked up a fortune that way. As I recall, I was rotated to another household when she won, so it was a bit of a shock.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    My Sims have won many times.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    Last week Ophelia Nigmos won § 1,000,000 in the lottery right after her boyfriend Johnny Smith moved in. Actually they were struggling with money as both are just YA being on level 2 in their career. Well, money is no longer a problem...
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    jolly1995jolly1995 Posts: 27 Member
    Lucky you! I have never won. I wonder if there is anything that could increase chances. Like, with pregnancy you can eat apple or watermelon to determine the gender of the baby
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,697 Member
    My sims never won. To be honest, I'm not sure how much I would like any of them t win §1,000,000. That's a lot of money an I wish the lottery would also have a few §500 or §1000 prizes.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    Funny coincidence, my Sims are just now having lottery day and I came into GD to find this topic at the top of the thread.
    My sims never won. To be honest, I'm not sure how much I would like any of them t win §1,000,000. That's a lot of money an I wish the lottery would also have a few §500 or §1000 prizes.

@Simmerville I didn't realize it was a million! I thought maybe a couple thousand or even around ten thousand! (I have low expectations lol)
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Parvati wrote: »

I have won at least a dozen times if not more. I even won twice in one save two different families. But sometimes it runes my plans. I'm starting a challenge or trying something new in my head. And then they will win the lottery. I just can't walk away from a $1,000,000.
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    Behappy1st wrote: »
    Parvati wrote: »

I have won at least a dozen times if not more. I even won twice in one save two different families. But sometimes it runes my plans. I'm starting a challenge or trying something new in my head. And then they will win the lottery. I just can't walk away from a $1,000,000.

Meanwhile, Cayden and Anjelo are struggling to buy a crib for their infant. Feel like sharing? ❤️
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,578 Member
    I had never won until this year. I've won a couple of times. And many times the winner is another sim I play in rotation so it's fun to put them in a new situation.