Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cast Your Vote for Two Upcoming Kits!

EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
We want to hear from you!

zp1d1r0w85sc.png

Sul Sul Simmers! We want to hear from you! We’re astonished by the incredible ways you express yourselves in The Sims™ 4, and with this vote, we're letting you, the community, determine which themes will inspire Kits for an upcoming release.

There will only be one round of voting, so make sure to get your decisions in! We have two exciting thematic options to choose from for both Create a Sim and Build Buy Kits.

Voting will begin on May 11 at 10:00 am PST here. You have until May 21 at 7:00 pm PST to cast your votes. The winning themes will appear in a future Kits release.

The choice is yours!

Create a Sim: Light or Dark theme? Vote for your favorite Fashion Kit!

byvn73sd7cie.png

Do you prefer light or dark? Go light and bright with RAINBOW CORE STYLE, immersed in fun and vibrant colors with a wide range of bright and cheerful patterns that add a little bit of sunshine to your Sim’s lives. On the other hand, embrace your dark side and vote for edgy and mysterious GOTH FASHION, and capture the brooding aura of your moodiest Sims.

Build Buy: Past or Future theme? Vote for your favorite Build Kit!

u9w8me11p8nm.png

Love the past or looking to the future? Grandeur and majesty make MEDIEVAL CASTLE perfect for creating your own kingdom, providing you with everything you’ll need to build a grand, rustic castle. Build a fortress with an array of elements including brick walls, battlements and leaded glass windows set in old stone. Place your vote for HIGH TECH FUTURISM if you’re inspired by out-of-this-world architecture featuring sleek metal exteriors and glowing accents that make a perfect home base for any Sims visiting from another planet.

Vadish! Be sure to follow @TheSims for the results and to stay up to date on the latest The Sims 4 news and updates.
Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    I love community voting! Yhhhhh, Gothic!!! o:)
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    Gothic and Medieval here B)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Can I vote for the castle and the future kit, please? I really, really want both of these themes. Depending on my story I enjoy a historical setting or an advanced one.

If I have to choose one of the two I would go for the futuristic one. I think that one will mix better with the content in the sims 4 like the phone obsession and the heavy reliance on computers. For a historical built to work, we would need a way to turn off phones and have a technology free option for things we normally do with a pc. And that seems to be beyond the scope of what a kit has to offer. I'd rather have a bigger historical DLC to be able to simulate historical gameplay more.

For the CAS, I think I would enjoy the dark theme more. I think we already have colourful and bright clothing options.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Same for me Gothic and Medieval even though I loke the futuristic building
  • Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    edited May 2023
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    If I have to choose one of the two I would go for the futuristic one. I think that one will mix better with the content in the sims 4 like the phone obsession and the heavy reliance on computers.
    We also lack a futuristic world to contain this kit.
    Foxbury Commons is the only lot I can imagine to be decorated with it (and Superhero Llama filmsets :p .
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    We want to hear from you!

zp1d1r0w85sc.png

Sul Sul Simmers! We want to hear from you! We’re astonished by the incredible ways you express yourselves in The Sims™ 4, and with this vote, we're letting you, the community, determine which themes will inspire Kits for an upcoming release.

There will only be one round of voting, so make sure to get your decisions in! We have two exciting thematic options to choose from for both Create a Sim and Build Buy Kits.

Voting will begin on May 11 at 10:00 am PST here. You have until May 21 at 7:00 pm PST to cast your votes. The winning themes will appear in a future Kits release.

The choice is yours!

Create a Sim: Light or Dark theme? Vote for your favorite Fashion Kit!

byvn73sd7cie.png

Do you prefer light or dark? Go light and bright with RAINBOW CORE STYLE, immersed in fun and vibrant colors with a wide range of bright and cheerful patterns that add a little bit of sunshine to your Sim’s lives. On the other hand, embrace your dark side and vote for edgy and mysterious GOTH FASHION, and capture the brooding aura of your moodiest Sims.

Build Buy: Past or Future theme? Vote for your favorite Build Kit!

u9w8me11p8nm.png

Love the past or looking to the future? Grandeur and majesty make MEDIEVAL CASTLE perfect for creating your own kingdom, providing you with everything you’ll need to build a grand, rustic castle. Build a fortress with an array of elements including brick walls, battlements and leaded glass windows set in old stone. Place your vote for HIGH TECH FUTURISM if you’re inspired by out-of-this-world architecture featuring sleek metal exteriors and glowing accents that make a perfect home base for any Sims visiting from another planet.

Vadish! Be sure to follow @TheSims for the results and to stay up to date on the latest The Sims 4 news and updates.

They boyh look good .Why do we have to choose?
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    Gothic and Medieval!
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i voted for light and futuristic
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I'd love to have Gothic clothes and a Castle, although I would also like to have the futuristic build.
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    Voted for Goth and Medieval
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    I vote for goth and futuristic.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Goth & Medieval
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,642 Member
    Goth and Medieval but I want all of them. I want the contrast of old castles and futuristic offices. I want a goth Goth hanging out with brightly dressed friends. I want it all. :)
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Do you prefer light or dark?

I dress my sims in both the vibrant/colorful and the grungy/edgy end of the scale, what makes this a hard choice in a vacuum. Specifically for Sims 4 there is fewer gothic than cheerful stuff, so that's where my vote will go.

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Goth! We can create the colorful stuff with clothes we already have.
    The build kit was tough. I want both, but I picked High Tech Futurism.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    Goth and Medieval.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Voted Gothic and Futurism! Although I'm also a big fan of medieval as well, but I think that one is gonna win. Here's to hoping both ideas eventually get made!
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    It's telling me I already voted, but I didn't even see the selections.
  • Options
    pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 313 Member
    i voted for light and futuristic

You and I must be the ONLY ones who voted for the light themed clothing. I like gothic, but goodness, we have enough of that in the game already.
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    edited May 2023
    Which kit offers new and unique gameplay objects/features?
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Future wrote: »
    Which kit offers new and unique gameplay objects/features?
    • Create a Sim (Rainbow Core Style vs Gothic Fashion)
    • Build Buy (Medieval Castle vs High Tech Futurism)

There's no new gameplay involved in either category here. Just clothes and build/buy stuff.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member

Ah, so this is the game you’re all playing? You’re making me choose between a medieval castle kit and a groovy looking sci fi bits kit! The world is cruel, what if I actually need both kits + worlds + gameplay?

Nevertheless, I happen to be from the Medieval era, so I voted for the medieval kit. I was never exactly yer knight in shining armour but…you know…I’ve been places. I’ve met many medieval castles in my long life. Wonderful beings so they are. Highly defensive at times, but wonderful beings all the same. One thing’s for sure: most of them have spiral staircases…

No pressure. Just putting it out there…

Meanwhile, as I’m writing this nonsense piece, I can hear the demonic howls of a clowder of cats right outside my bedroom window. They creep me out in a sort of magical way and thanks to them I’ll be voting for the Goth Kit, too. Grim is in dire need of assistance and a bunch of teenage soul reaper goth recruits (who are also in a band) may do the trick in the not so distant future, who knows? Again, no pressure…
    Grimmy has been far too busy lately and he ain’t getting any younger the poor chap.🕷️🕸️
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,858 Member
    I'm voting for dark/gothic. I have lots of light, bright items. Good dark/gothic CAS and BB content is rare.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I'm glad that the out-there concepts (mediaeval and sci-fi) are getting a chance to shine. In the past, the non-standard stuff would get drowned out by more mundane and everyday stuff.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Gothic Medieval! Oh, well, okay, I suppose they can be separate themes. But I love them both! I also would like the futuristic theme too. But surely that can come in a Superhero/Villain game pack, right? Right??
    #Team Occult
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top