Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did you guys forget about pack refreshes?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    If they aren't making money from it, we will not see it. Refreshes are just that, updates to packs customers have already purchased. I'm very surprised they did anything for Spa day.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,761 Member
    Outdoor Retreat and Dine Out need them so badly!
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Daephene wrote: »

Wouldn't mind seeing Sims being able to swim in the bodies of water in Outdoor Retreat along with being able to hike like in Snowy Escape. Bird watching, Tubing (well guess they'd just float in a inner tube. XD), skipping stones, scavenger hunt, flashlight tag, sims singing along with campfire songs and eating berries from bushes with the chance of getting sick/poisoned.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,761 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Daephene wrote: »

Wouldn't mind seeing Sims being able to swim in the bodies of water in Outdoor Retreat along with being able to hike like in Snowy Escape. Bird watching, Tubing (well guess they'd just float in a inner tube. XD), skipping stones, scavenger hunt, flashlight tag, sims singing along with campfire songs and eating berries from bushes with the chance of getting sick/poisoned.

I would love swimming, canoeing and the log balancing thing from Sims 2. Plus improved hikes for sure. And all the rest of that also sounds cool.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,325 Member
    For a dine out refresh I would like to see larger groups come to restaurants. Right now sims only come in groups of 2's and 3's. Sims parents could have 3 children but they'll only show up with 1 child. I would like to see families, friends, double dates and co-worker's travel in groups of 4 to 8. I know there's mods to adjust the number's but it's usually random groups with no real relationships. I hope a refresh to Dine Out could change that. I also thought it would be neat if we could see NPC/sims try to mend their broken relationships at a restaurant. If player try to help fix relationship, we could later see those 2 sims sitting down for dinner.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Yup I am extremely bitter, angry and disappointed that they stopped with the Pack Refresh hype after Spa Day...I remember in 2021 how I got sooo excited that they would go update Get To Work, Get Together, Dine Out, Luxury Party (it is the worst stuff pack ever, they need to add new gameplay objects to it at this point...the fountain and the food table lost their point now that we have them in so many packs), Perfect Patio (it feels really pointless now because hot tubs became base game with that traumatizing infamous anniversary update...yikes), Realm of Magic (we need more special spells and the magic realm is depressing), Cats and Dogs (no ability to see pets' family trees wow really? We cannot even control the pets...), Get Famous (the world is extremely small and it was supposed to LA, lol, what about the beach lots??) ,Outdoor Retreat (no white water rafting, no swimming in the lake, no actual bear animal NPCs, so disappointing, the most lacking game pack ever, no way to get special rare insects in other worlds like in Sims 3, really??) and Island Living (mermaids lacking, no skill tree for them). Those packs are the ones that needed to get refreshed the most.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited March 2023
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    Yup I am extremely bitter, angry and disappointed that they stopped with the Pack Refresh hype after Spa Day...I remember in 2021 how I got sooo excited that they would go update Get To Work, Get Together, Dine Out, Luxury Party (it is the worst stuff pack ever, they need to add new gameplay objects to it at this point...the fountain and the food table lost their point now that we have them in so many packs), Perfect Patio (it feels really pointless now because hot tubs became base game with that traumatizing infamous anniversary update...yikes), Realm of Magic (we need more special spells and the magic realm is depressing), Cats and Dogs (no ability to see pets' family trees wow really? We cannot even control the pets...), Get Famous (the world is extremely small and it was supposed to LA, lol, what about the beach lots??) ,Outdoor Retreat (no white water rafting, no swimming in the lake, no actual bear animal NPCs, so disappointing, the most lacking game pack ever, no way to get special rare insects in other worlds like in Sims 3, really??) and Island Living (mermaids lacking, no skill tree for them). Those packs are the ones that needed to get refreshed the most.

Hot take: I actually like Luxury Party. :D (Probably only pack that had the decent pair of heels for female sims at all). Doubt they'd update that, same with us getting a base game hot tub after some years of Perfect Patio coming out that had exclusive hot tubs to it you know? Gave up thinking otherwise. Right now I'm just thinking about the packs that have heavy gameplay surrounding them.

Think Dine Out probably biggest one that needs a refresh not to mention fixing some of the bugs that are still plaguing it.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    How many of these did they end up doing? Was it just Spa Day? I had totally forgotten about it until I saw the other day the nails section in CAS. Now I’ll give a female Sim some French tips every now and then. I think that’s the name. Whatever the white stripe nails are. Lol

The pack I think deserves a refresh the most would be Outdoor Retreat. I find it incredibly boring and use absolutely nothing from that pack.
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 563 Member
    If they aren't making money from it, we will not see it. Refreshes are just that, updates to packs customers have already purchased. I'm very surprised they did anything for Spa day.
    No, it's the opposite. The point of refreshes is to take packs that didn't sell very well in the first place and entice more people to buy them by adding features. Back in 2019, SimGuruLindsay released official rankings for how popular the different packs were, broken down by EP, GP and SP. Spa Day was the least popular game pack at the time, not counting Strangerville, which had just recently been released. Basically, the whole reason they picked Spa Day for a refresh is that they were hoping more people would buy it. It's possible that this attracted fewer new buyers than they had hoped, or maybe they just didn't plan on refreshing anything other than Spa Day in the first place.

It's outdated now, but here's the link if you want to read anyway:
    https://beyondsims.com/2019/03/simgurulyndsay-reveals-most-popular-stuff-packs-for-the-sims-4/
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    Eleri wrote: »
    No, it's the opposite. The point of refreshes is to take packs that didn't sell very well in the first place and entice more people to buy them by adding features. Back in 2019, SimGuruLindsay released official rankings for how popular the different packs were, broken down by EP, GP and SP. Spa Day was the least popular game pack at the time, not counting Strangerville, which had just recently been released. Basically, the whole reason they picked Spa Day for a refresh is that they were hoping more people would buy it. It's possible that this attracted fewer new buyers than they had hoped, or maybe they just didn't plan on refreshing anything other than Spa Day in the first place.

It's outdated now, but here's the link if you want to read anyway:
    https://beyondsims.com/2019/03/simgurulyndsay-reveals-most-popular-stuff-packs-for-the-sims-4/

Wowwww. I keep the pack installed strictly so my Sims can do yoga. I’m surprised more people weren’t into it!
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    Get To Work needs a refresh!
    - Nursing career that doesn’t transition into a doctor career. As a nurse, I have no desire to ever become a doctor and verrrrrryyyy few doctors ever start as nurses. Out of the hundreds of doctors I’ve met, I know of 1.
    - the ability to freeze at a desired career level without performing poorly, being demoted or abandoning skill leveling (this should be base game actually). Some people are content in their roles.
    - Babysitter (in your home or at the kid’s house)

Re-refresh spa day and give us a blender or juicer please.