Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do neglected kids disappear from existence? LOL

This is both an idea and feedback.
But this has been going on since Sims 1 and we still have NO WAY of putting our neglected kid Sims for adoption. Why do they disappear from existence? Can EA fix this ridiculous oversight finally?! It is beyond annoying that the neglected kids disappear into bit space forever, lol how unrealistic. Fix this nonsense already it's been 9 years already :'(@SimGuruFrost @SimGuruGraham

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    I have often wondered the same
    it seems cruel you are beamed out of existence for having bad parents
    would much rather at least turn into ghost that can be resurrected or indeed be taken by social worker so another family can adopt via adoption service
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    would much rather . . . be taken by social worker so another family can adopt via adoption service

I was so used to it working that way in Sims 2 that I was unprepared the first time a kid was taken away in Sims 4. Imagine my horror to find that poor little orphan, an A student who had just earned the Creatively Gifted trait, with extended family eager (per head cannon) to adopt her, had actually been deleted from existence! What twisted mind thought this up?
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    In Sims 2, any kids that were taken from you went into the adoption pool. So you could "seed" the pool for your Sims if you wanted to. I liked to put alien babies in the pool.

They just need to bring this back.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    In Sims 2, any kids that were taken from you went into the adoption pool. So you could "seed" the pool for your Sims if you wanted to. I liked to put alien babies in the pool.

Nope they should let other households in the save adopt the children and still remain them in the genealogy and yes the parents SHOULD have the option of meeting the neglected child…I mean why can't there be these options…does MC Command Center allow us to adopt neglected Sims? Hmmm…anyways they should fix this annoying problem.
  • Options
    What happened to the ”You Rule” thing they had? Why is there no option to keep the neglected Sims in your save and let some other household adopt them? :(
  • Options

Ohhh wait nevermind, I thought it wouldn't work the way I hoped if they did it the Sims 2 way. That would be way better than nothing. But maybe they could go beyond that and be a little more ”realistic” hmm…however thank you EA/Maxis for infants and Growing Together EP! I really love the update and EP and having a lot of fun despite the game crashing on my laptop every once in a while… :D
  • Options
    I'm playing semi-rotationally (sometimes Long/Short Aging On while switching between the families and sometimes Off) an expanded legacy family save that I created with my friend and it is so sad that when my friend made the matriarch had her first twin boys, the other one was unintentionally neglected (by my friend, she had a LOT of work to do :D ) and it got taken away by the social worker service. So sad that Markes won't meet his twin brother, Jotes, ever again…
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Yes, MCCC has an option for adoption of neglected sims - I've never used it, just turned it on, so no idea how it works.
  • Options
    Yes, MCCC has an option for adoption of neglected sims - I've never used it, just turned it on, so no idea how it works.

Oohh, I knew it had that option, maybe I should give it a try. I have used MCCC for a long time, for years, but recently I have played vanilla despite a ”More CAS/Random names” mod in my game. Lol.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »

Oohh, I knew it had that option, maybe I should give it a try. I have used MCCC for a long time, for years, but recently I have played vanilla despite a ”More CAS/Random names” mod in my game. Lol.

Just an FYI - MCCC isn't completely updated for Infants yet. For example, they have a 35 day age span in my game, and there's no way to change it unless you use another mod. I've been using UI Cheats to make their age span more in line with everyone else.
  • Options

Just an FYI - MCCC isn't completely updated for Infants yet. For example, they have a 35 day age span in my game, and there's no way to change it unless you use another mod. I've been using UI Cheats to make their age span more in line with everyone else.

Oh thank you for the information, hopefully they can add the new Infant life stage there asap. Didn't Maxis also update the lifespans for Short Normal and Long too?
  • Options
    barracuda1574barracuda1574 Posts: 115 Member

Yes, please!
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member

MCCC has a hotfix for that. But yes, it's not fully updated.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    It is very cruel that neglected children and orphans with an adult on the lot have no right to exist in the sims 4. I was very surprised when I found out about this because I was used to the sims 2 where these children could be adopted. I also have the option in mccc enabled but didn't need it until now.

Thanks for pointing that out. I will check for updates next time I play.
  • Options
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    It is very cruel that neglected children and orphans with an adult on the lot have no right to exist in the sims 4. I was very surprised when I found out about this because I was used to the sims 2 where these children could be adopted. I also have the option in mccc enabled but didn't need it until now.

Thanks for pointing that out. I will check for updates next time I play.

Yes very ignorant of EA/Maxis and SimGurus that they never addressed this, seems so cruel and absurd that the neglected children just disappear from the world after they get taken away! I have a few amazing ideas how to solve this:
    - Maxis could fix this by putting the neglected Sims into the adoption pool but if the parents who neglected their kids try to call the adoption center their neglected children will be greyed out in the adoptioable Sims options.
    - Maybe the neglected children could meet with their biological parent Sims BUT most of the options would be greyed out.
  • Options
    KestrelDCKestrelDC Posts: 335 Member
    Yeah, this is especially frustrating because lately.... my newborns don't get sent to daycare for some reason. Infants and toddlers do, but newborns are left there to have their needs deplete with no one home to do anything about it. I tried choosing nanny instead, but the nannies are terrible and mine did everything BUT feed the newborn twins and almost got them taken away for it even though he was right there and supposed to be taking care of them. He changed diapers, held them, cooed at them, but just wouldn't feed them.... and there's no way to direct him or influence him. In both scenarios I always just end up having to make one of the parents leave work early so CPS doesn't delete my babies from existence because my nanny won't do his job and the daycare just doesn't take them. I've had some close calls and every time it scares me. I have no idea why this is happening. Doesn't help that you can't even use the "fill needs (household)" cheat for them, only impacts infants and up.
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    - Maxis could fix this by putting the neglected Sims into the adoption pool but if the parents who neglected their kids try to call the adoption center their neglected children will be greyed out in the adoptioable Sims options.
    In Sims 2, parents who had a child taken away lost the adoption interaction altogether. I personally think that's reasonable, considering.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    Eleri wrote: »
    In Sims 2, parents who had a child taken away lost the adoption interaction altogether. I personally think that's reasonable, considering.

Yes that is very reasonable indeed.