Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horses🐎, Fairies🧚🏽‍♀️, Seahorses🌊 ?

LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member

I cannot lie, I am the most excited for the Sims 4 that I have been in literal years. More excited even than when they told us werewolves were coming, and then we got them and they ended up looking like teenwolf mixed with a mascot. My brain cannot stop checking in for more information, I am hyperfixating on my special interest and if people like what I'm sharing yay. But this is literally all just speculation from an interested simmer, so enjoy.

With that preface out of the way, literally all my social media (which isn't very much since I really only use tiktok and some YouTube but still) is full of talk of the sims 4 right now. Even people I don't follow are popping up freaking out over all the new updates and hints for the sims.

And over the past several days I've been absorbing info, and putting things together in my brain. I already made a post about how I feel like a refresh will be coming. Particularly one for Get to Work. Or at the very least, one should come based on the groundwork being laid by this new EP and infant update.

But with all the horse chatter, that perhaps we might be getting a Cats and Dogs refresh as well, which would update the Vet career, and allow for a branch of vet that treats farm animals and also like horses. (Idk the name of that kind of vet.)

I also, through comments with other people here, came to realize that we're getting a tooth fairy in this EP, which would be the first fairy we ever got in this game. Like even a reference to. And while cute, that would inevitably cause Occult players to want their fairies back even more. And having already experienced the tragedy of mermaids (beautiful but lacking) and the emptiness of aliens (and their literally empty homeworld); they wouldn't sit quietly for crappy representation of fae.

So that made me wonder what exactly is going on here. We're getting 2 expansion packs this year. We haven't had anything like that in so long, it's almost out of memory. And they keep teasing horses randomly. They also introduced a bunch of content that not only buffs the game, but also allows growth in many areas, including health.

So is it possible that the reason we are getting these big packs instead of 1 big pack and some smaller ones, bc we are getting some refreshes, as well as some game changing content?

Or are we getting it in an even more extreme way?

I saw in a YouTube video that the creator thought Horses might be a gamepack by themselves. But I wondered if it would be like a horses and fairies combo expansion pack. Like a Fairies' Glen world with wild horses, and magic. Maybe we even get a new Occult Sim type that we didn't have before.

⭐️Or maybe Horses are a gamepack, or part of a refresh, and we have both refreshes. What of Fairies? What if the expansion is a Supernatural type expansion? Introducing the missing Occult Sims, fixing the lackluster ones, and bringing in new worlds. Maybe this year is the year they are working on addressing the communities that haven't been getting addressed properly in game.

They brought in more clutter, are trying to represent minority groups (not always getting it all the way right but working on it), finally are fixing the family aspects, and are teasing the rest of the animals and one of the last occults.

Anyway this is just me trying to put together my thoughts into words.

****Seahorses was me wondering if they do add horses would they add Seahorses so mermaids could ride them bc that would be super cool as long as they aren't terrifying 😅

Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:

Comments

• Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited February 2023

I think horses are very likely this year and fairies are quite possible. Probably they’re no more than one or two game packs away.

My personal guess is Grow Together, a game pack which may be fairies or aquatics or grim reaper, and a western or Native American expansion pack that has horses along with more kits. They’re not only using horse emoji but also the cowboy one.

I really don’t think we’ll see refreshes or stuff packs again. It’s been a long time and seems like a business decision to focus on other things.

• Options
    lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    By now I am 99% sure we will have horses gamepack as next pack (late spring/early summer) and 100% they will come soon if not now.
    1. Horses are programmed in the game.
    2. Eyes and Horse emoji in The Sims Tiktok account everytime someone asked them about horses
    3. Too many horse and unicorns oriented items in the newest expension pack.

I am waiting for both horses and fairies, but I doubt they would come together. They are too different and both of those things would be a bit too much for gamepack. Second EP world doesn't look like it could contain fairies or horses
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited February 2023
    Yes please, all of those things!

I’m especially here for that Grim Reaper career! I’ve noticed Grimmy’s presence more than usual this year, both on Twitter and during the Behind the Sims stream. What does it mean? I hope it means what I hope it means. ☠️

Horses, absolutely! It’s difficult to ignore all the horsey hints. Ponies or pony traps for the little ones and big horses for the big folk.
    I’m all for Wild West or Mexican Vaqueros themed gameplay, but horse drawn carriages suitable for the occult worlds would be extremely welcome too!

Regarding a Cats & Dogs refresh….This is the concept art to one of the future worlds that they showed during the Sim Summit last year:
    68-A481-AC-B705-427-E-A4-A8-F2-E0-F77-E91-E3.jpg

Why is there a sim walking a dog?! It can’t be an expansion pack with dogs, because that already exists.
    Very peculiar so it is….🤔
  • Options
    edited February 2023

I am still confused by that picture. Like you said it is a dog, and it is clearly there for a reason. Unless it’s actually a small horse it’s a head scratcher.

It also doesn’t look Native American, western or fairy land. I actually wondered if it was the new world in growing together but it does look like something new. I think it looks like Colombia/Brazil but the red frame is also a bit suspicious and out of place.

I do agree Grim is always being featured now and a lot of the pack items hint at him too. He might be the game pack. Maybe this world is the grim reaper expansion and all the silhouette people in the back are on their way to the afterlife. And the dog is there to remind people their cats and dogs aren’t safe too 😂.

Seriously though, I bet there is a hugely obvious clue in this picture that we all miss but will make perfect sense when we find out. Like Sims 4 - Market Day 😬.

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited February 2023

"****Seahorses was me wondering if they do add horses would they add Seahorses so mermaids could ride them bc that would be super cool as long as they aren't terrifying 😅"

what do you mean that would be even more cool

although I don't really see it happening because we rarely get anything quite that inspired and cross pack 😅 we don't even have base game world with swimmable areas dang it

as for normal horses yeah i would find it quite strange if they didn't come before end of ts4 given they're in the code n all

⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    68-A481-AC-B705-427-E-A4-A8-F2-E0-F77-E91-E3.jpg

Why is there a sim walking a dog?! It can’t be an expansion pack with dogs, because that already exists.
    Very peculiar so it is….🤔

Selvadorada has stray pets, maybe this pack will have strong integration with the Cats and Dogs EP if you have it. Or maybe that is not a dog but some new kind of pet. The legs are too short for it to be a miniature horse, so not sure what it could be. People have been walking all sorts of animals on a leash, even parrots. :lol:
  • Options
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    I am still confused by that picture. Like you said it is a dog, and it is clearly there for a reason. Unless it’s actually a small horse it’s a head scratcher.

A small horse with floppy ears, maybe! :D
    What's even more strange is that the leash doesn't appear to be attached to a collar around the "dog's/horse's" neck, but rather tied around its tail.... It's almost like this person is probing the animal with something that looks like...a wonky scythe...?

And why a fruit & vegetable market? That's a Cottage Living thing.

This entire piece of art is starting to make less and less sense to me.
    I think you're onto something with the shadowy silhouette people though. They're either about to die or they're already dead..😂

crocobaura wrote: »

People have been walking all sorts of animals on a leash, even parrots. :lol:

Aye, It could be four legged parrot! 🤣
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member

@CAPTAIN_NXR7

we already have cats in dragon costumes I bet thats dragon in dog costume

⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    I believe you just solved the mystery @Simmingal !
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,927 Member
    Horses would make me one happy simmer :) Regular ones, at least.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options

Good spot on the leash!

Maybe it is meant to be a burly knight holding a sword, with their faithful stallion beside them but the artist had an off day.

• Options
    CharSimsCharSims Posts: 44 Member

Personally I think the sim walking a dog is just that... a sim walking a dog. I don't know why I just don't feel like that specific thing is a hint - maybe just showing some sort of community theme, including pets etc... not sure. Maybe they knew we'd all jump to that conclusion and just put it there to mess with us. I would love to be wrong though. :)

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

They put the infant in the other picture so maybe they are not messing with us. Maybe they will do a Cats and Dogs update or refresh.

• Options
    CharSimsCharSims Posts: 44 Member

I get that, I just doubt that everything in the picture is a hint

• Options
    EsiaEsia Posts: 67 Member
    For a long time I have been thinking that fairies and horses could be a good combo for a pack, but I didn't think they might really go for it until I saw that fairy teddy bear on a unicorn in Growing together trailer.
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/SimGuruMorgan/status/1629502860554805248?t=xuQI6VkjWhnk7qHEU807HQ&s=19

Idk if that hyperlink worked. But I was watching a video about all the SimGuru updates for Grow Together and saw that SimGuruMorgan had mentioned that the early concept art from last summer about the 2 new worlds was just concept art for San Sequoia. Both pictures were the world from Grow Together. Just early versions. Underneath though, it still says "new worlds" not "new world". It could be nothing, a slip of the tongue, something they didn't catch. But I doubt it. Especially if they were messing with us a bit by making both the same world, but keeping it as 2 photos and thr word "worlds". You know what that means right?

The other photo has nothing to do with the 2nd expansion, and any other packs on the way. So horses, fairies, and seahorses OH My! There's nothing stopping our imaginations.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited February 2023
    lunnarila wrote: »
    By now I am 99% sure we will have horses gamepack as next pack (late spring/early summer) and 100% they will come soon if not now.
    2. Eyes and Horse emoji in The Sims Tiktok account everytime someone asked them about horses

I am waiting for both horses and fairies, but I doubt they would come together. They are too different and both of those things would be a bit too much for gamepack. Second EP world doesn't look like it could contain fairies or horses

2nd Expansion will probably be Hotels. Turns out both of those world pics shown in the December Livestream were both of San Sequoia. We haven't seen the 2nd Expansion World Yet.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited February 2023
    lunnarila wrote: »

2nd Expansion will probably be Hotels. Turns out both of those world pics shown in the December Livestream were both of San Sequoia. We haven't seen the 2nd Expansion World Yet.

Both pictures featured are of San Sequoia?

I hope 2nd expansion will be hotels. I would love more interactions between staff and guests. Perhaps dealing with a demanding Sim (whether staff of guest). Perhaps a tie in with Get Famous if you get a Celebrity stay.

I see horses and fairies as game packs, not sure if they would be together or not.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    At heart I am just an occult simmer who can't help but want the world. I saw a cool pool about what occult we want next, and ofc I picked Fairies, but it then set me off. Bc what is with the state of several of our occults? And, oh, how cool would they be if improved.
    LSM36 wrote: »
    Gosh that was rough. I picked Fairies because I want them, and I believe they could really look good in ts4. I have a mod to try and get a feel for it. But I would really prefer to have the functionality in game.

But that was a tough choice I really needed an "Other" section; because without a doubt, some of the occults we already have Need fixing.
    👽 Aliens seriously need some buffing up. As it is they're the only ones with actual hybrids, and those hybrids have like no power. I keep remembering having a pair of twin hybrids who could talk to each other with alien powers tho, so either that was a twin thing or they were actually full alien from abduction. And we need a livable alien world. GTW as a whole needs a refresh.

👻 Ghosts are a mess. I think that maybe they could fix this with Grow Together, but if your partner dies and becomes a ghost, there should be a label for that. "Late wife/partner/husband." It is so weird that sims act like they don't have anything to do with that ghost if you add them back in. Sure they might still have friendship and love. But no relationship. Til death do you part is fair, but still. Can you at least acknowledge it?

🪴 Plantsims need to be an actual life state. Sure that fruit is cute and all. They could easily retcon things by saying something like the forbidden fruit of the Plantsim was grown by the fairies in their hidden world, with the cooperation of the true plantsims, to see if other sims were capable of accepting them into society. Or something. And that's why that fruit is only temporary. And then introduce true plantsims and a way for regular sims to become full on plantsims with that OG fruit and something like the Rite to become a Spellcaster, combined.

🧜‍♀️ Mermaids need to be FIXED. It's a travesty. It's like they only took time to make them look pretty, give us tails and a cool CAS background, and said they were done. Mermaids can do like 2 things. And then they are dry and need water. You can't live out your H2o fantasy with that! Who would've thought that being added in an expansion means you get less attention not more. But we should've known, look at aliens. And ghosts were basegame. They need to make a Mermaids stuff pack buffing island living, and introducing a new world that's underwater. And since they're teasing horses, it'd be nice to have some Seahorses for the Mermaids to ride. Or porpoises.

🤖 👨🏾‍🦲 Cyborgs would be interesting. I have wanted to see the ability to have a baby with a Servo since they came out. And for Servo's to build their own babies. I think Cyborg sims would be very interesting. Safer in the rain than their Servo parents, but susceptible to lightning if out too long. Better with all technology than other sims. Able to speak to it. Capable of unlocking secrets, like Alien technology, but maybe bad at certain other things. Like swimming. Unless they upgraded their own parts, or their parents did.

🪔Genies might be cool. I didn't play much with them in sims 3. Mostly fairies and werewolves. I'd definitely give them a shot. It would be interesting to see how they interact.

Other than that yeah I'd love more new occults. But I would really like for them to fix the ones we already have. And bring in the rest that we had with sims 3. And do them properly.

Fairies could be so very cool. I imagine them to be far beyond the Spellcasters. Personally I didn't do all the Werewolves lore yet. I find how they turned out to be kind of annoying so I'm trying to figure out how to make them work for me. But I watch let's plays and have learned enough to know they set Spellcasters as the ones who started all this, with the 3 tiered occults. Idk if that's supposed to be their excuse for why mermaids, aliens, ghosts, and plantsims aren't up to par, but there are definite ways around that issue.

They could say all occults have a tiered system, but those three's system is so close bc obvious reasons. And then update Aliens and Mermaids so they don't have any quirks, fury, or bad stuff. Because they are unrelated to all that drama. And instead leave the buffs they get naturally. Like being out of water too long, dry scales, being in disguise. Etc.

It would be much cuter if children occults started having powers a bit earlier. Maybe not the same exact ones as when they're older. Not all of them anyway, and not any of the bad stuff. Just faster, stronger, mermaid tails, etc.

Back to fairies I see them as likely stronger than the spellcasters. And or having powers that are very different. They managed to stay undiscovered even as all these other occults came out. (At least in game lore) And did nothing during all that Spell/Vamp/Wolf nonsense. It's possible they have great spells of Hiding and Warding. No randoms popping up at your lot.

They would have powers to do with nature, and get along well with the Mermaids and the Spirits from Sulani. As well as animals.
    There's only like one or 2 gardening spells for Spellcasters, and they are equivalent to being a high level gardening skill. But fairies might be able to grow everything no matter what, no matter when, or where. And bring all new crops to the game. Crops only fairies can grow, or those blessed by fairies.

I saw in that post some concern over whether fairies would still be good because it seemed like some of their powers had been given to Spellcasters. I think in that case the team just needs to make the fairies even more special, ensure there's different types, and clear up the hierarchy like they did in Werewolves.

Say something like the fae sims came first and then the Spellcaster sims were born. They were born with less magic, but even more ambition. Not content to simply live, they sought to control and create. And thus Vampires and Werewolves came to be. Seeing this, the Sim Fae returned to their glades, closing most portals. Leaving only a few rabbitholes of unique beauty behind, for later generations to remember them by. And their allies, the Mermaids, returned to the seas around the Island Nation of Sulani, until cooler heads prevailed.
    Hiding their own true power until the time was right. Awaiting the return of the Fae sims, so that both could re-emerge in glory, along with all who were affected by the Spellcaster machinations. Including the plantsims living in those glades, the Ghosts who had to pretend that death hadn't given them a slight edge over the living, and even the visitors from the far reaches who decided to keep their presence under wraps until they could understand this world better.

I think something like that could give us Fairies, better Mermaids, Aliens, Plantsims, Ghosts, and pave the way for any other occults that come to be fully fledged without worrying about the constraints put in by the previous lore, or anything. And you wouldn't have to worry that fairies and spellcasters are too similar, bc their powers would be different and one would be the predecessor and more powerful in the grand scheme of things. And immortal.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I want horses. So much better than cars.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    I've been watching early access gameplay videos, and the build videos from simmers who built for the pack, and there's been some good content. I just finished one of Deligracy's and she saw a fairy house, like the ones people put in their gardens, when she did her build.

It's very cute. A good way to tease fairies more, and link to family gameplay in the pack. You don't build it, it's just a decor item. But it's something you place in your home garden. And it's literally a fairy house. But not of the same design as the ones literal fairies in Sims 3 used. So it's a good tease.

I'm looking forward to trying this out, regardless of the misgivings I have about various features that do/do not exist. This pack is really looking fun. So are infants.

I think we're really getting fairies soon, once our games recover from Infants, and Growing Together. And players get used to sims that are harder to woo/befriend; we're gonna see little Fairy Infants that prefer be flown to being carried in a carrier. And carriers that work for the winged.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    More occult-y fantastical fun and adventures gameplay with a mystical world to match? Yes please! :smiley:
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    itsTheSimsGuyitsTheSimsGuy Posts: 77 Member
    Not really interested in horses but I don’t care if they put them in game, BUT I do want a unicorn if so haha now, that’s my kind of horse!

I want fairies!!

Tbh, I can see them putting both these in game, so I remain hopeful!
  • Options
    I think there's a shot. Currently we have violins, guitars, and pianos. With keyboards as an offshoot of pianos, same with electric guitar, and the organ. If you count the microphone for signing and comedy, using your voice as an instrument, you have 4 main categories.

We're still missing percussion and wind. The dj booth only sorta counts. So I do feel like they might bring in drums, some sort of wind instrument, and MAYBE a bass. Especially if they can do both like a larger string instrument like a cello, and then like an electric bass.

That way they could tie in several in game mechanics like clubs to make a band, or even use the club mechanic as a base for actual bands like the wolf pack or vampire family thing. And then how the HSY has after-school activities you could have school band. Just adding some wind and percussion instruments could help that a lot. So I think they could easily patch those in.

Plus with fairies being teased I absolutely wouldn't be surprised if they made it so that new instruments came with them. Not just magic, or perhaps them being tied to horses (whether in friendship or time of release), but like giving them more in the pack. Like enchanting with song, the power to have a sim dance until they die. Stuff like that.

So more instruments could be added there. Stylized ones in that pack, and then obviously base versions for everyone else of that nature. Like a fairy drum, but a basegame drum kit and toddler drums, and xylophone for kids or infants. An enchantress flute, and my first recorder, and then the flute you get in band in HSY as your sim tries to become the next Lizzo.

I think it would be rather interesting and quite possible for them to add more. I just don't think they'd add a ton. But they might in a few of the areas they haven't so far. And like we randomly got the organ, but after that only got guitars if we got anything, or more piano stuff. But if they're finally giving us new lifestates, we might get more stuff we hadn't before. I mean we just got a new lifestage and now have toys that make sounds. Who knows?

In a post about musical instruments I realized more we could have with fairies. I had wondered about what would set them apart from Spellcasters. Because Spellcasters honestly didn't feel much like witches. They just kind of felt like some sort of uppity magical pranksters I guess. They do what they want when they want. Their power is okay, comes with draw backs, and while interesting, is more self-serving than anything. Not always a bad thing. Just a lack of depth and it felt like in giving them the broad power to do so much, what they can do felt less distinct.

It pretty much felt like their powers were more about giving a fancy effect to in-game cheats than having the sims do magic in game sometimes. Like sure instantly repairing things is great, and freezing people without a freezeray is interesting, idk lack of depth.

So I really wanted to see what fairies are like. They were fun in sims 3 and had downsides. But they had wings, could affect plants, could get small and go into a tiny house, etc.

This music post made me think more on what would have to separate fairies from Spellcasters. Spellcasters have lore now. And honestly it kind of makes their spread out skills and overreaching feeling along with that lack of depth, make more sense retroactively.

But what about the sim fae? It'd be nice if they were separate from all of that and felt truly magical. Like when they hold an instrument they can change the shape of the world. Change the hearts and minds of sims. Even the course of their lives. They can grow the most amazing plants. Some might be closer to animals than others. Perhaps they get along better with certain occults like mermaids than others. (And maybe Mermaids will FINALLY GET FIXED) They might not be put off by aliens because they come from another realm as well.