Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    edited March 2023
    Got another update..

Chapter 20.3 – Onébegajávvre (Lake Onebega) - March 2023: Everybody loves Inge?

LssYjz0.jpg

Snow is falling again over the lake and the valley between the mountains as the calendar marks the entrance of spring, the second season of the year.. Winter always has to try to get the last word in before it can finally give up..

egr99y6.jpg

Inge is really happy when she wakes up this morning. Life couldn't have been better, as her mission to become more popular is going according to plan. ;)

91maQ48.jpg

Oliver Freddy is a little grumpy about all the filthy clothes that always seem to accumulate on the lot, so he walks around to collect them and use the washing machine that he finally thought about ordering..

8ZaOqaS.jpg

He had similar thoughts last semester, which led him to order a tumble drier. Sims logic is sometimes a little backwards, because they always want to buy the tumble drier first, before they figure out that a washing machine might also be useful... but as always, their wish is my command. ;)

7Ap1O9f.jpg

Inge still feels that Jonathan Dirk is attractive, but is clever enough to not make a move on him. She makes sure to mention the date she had with Oliver Freddy earlier by the breakfast table, just to make sure, before she goes to her lecture as usual.

P75YZJ0.jpg

Likewise Oliver Freddy was off to the Student Union after having entertained himself for a while watching the action channel. He was now going to try out some of the things he learned from yestermonths evening course to get a feel for how things worked in practice (and perhaps make some new amazing scientific breakthroughs).

76G121e.jpg

The first thing he tried was a radiation experiment on a poor unknowing beetle he had found in the dumpster by the parking lot. The experiment ended up being successful and he had made a new and improved version of the beetle, but it wasn't enough to to reach the next level of scientific skill..

DOd9vza.jpg

More experimenting was needed, and the next item on the list to be drowned in radiation of various kinds was a peppermint herb.

UR7xoVf.jpg

The herb experiment was succesful too, but it still wasn't enough to grant him the skill point, so he took a break from the radiation experiments for a while and went upstairs to do some reading..

LwbOWX1.jpg

After Inge is done with her lecture, she calls up Jeffrey Dean and Ruby Parks to meet up at the bowling alley. Inge still isn't done with Jeffrey Dean as she wants to become one of his best friends. In addition she has also set her sights on Ruby Parks whom she met at her own party from back in january, and wants to become good friends with her. Though its still snowing out, it feels like the sun is finally shining on Inge as she runs over to meet both of them. Lets just hope that the leaves on the trees didn't spring out to early and that winter is in fact soon over. :P

Continues in spoiler.

qUps1Jh.jpg

For some reason or other, they had agreed to meet up in the backyard of the bowling alley, as per Jeffreys suggestion. Inge thought that was a little peculiar, but was still happy to meet them... unfortunately, Ruby thought of something just as Inge arrived and excused herself to Jeffrey, saying she had some important business to do...

zSH5oTE.jpg

That left only Jeffrey and Inge to hang out. Jeffrey starts off the conversation by talking about the latest movie to hit the cinemas, "The fall of the moon", a fantasy-action movie about a university professor (who was imprisoned for murdering his own parents) that escapes prison with a plan to make the Simtopian planet and its moon collide and open up a portal that will unleash an army of beasts from a different world to conquer the planet and make him the supreme ruler.. of course.. :P

tZYu0fF.jpg

Inge invites him in to go bowling and they have a pretty good time doing so, even though Jeffrey appears to be a bit of a sore loser booing at Inge for outperforming him with the ball and pins. ;)

WK5VlEW.jpg

Inges bowling skills are noticed by more than just Jeffrey as this guy called Paul Biden that has been watching them from a corner for a while admits to wanting to get to know her better...

B0JzwiZ.jpg

Aside from a brief reply Inge doesn't pay him much attention and continues with her bowling, but the guy is still standing there and it's pretty obvious what he has on his mind.. :P

ITb1632.jpg

Then suddenly Karoliiná, the technology student Oliver Freddy briefly met at the cafeteria earlier, shows up and walks right inbtetween them as if to say hello on her way to the furthermost bowling lane. Well, hi there. :P

ZMvOdIG.jpg

Inge and Jeffrey finish their bowling session and sit down on a nearby table to watch the shopping channel of all things...

gtKbKxV.jpg

Karoliiná interrupts her bowling game to walk over to talk to Jeffrey as well, a little to Inges annoyance, when another guy Nicolas Albright, has entered the bowling alley and has to shout out that he finds Inge interesting as well.. but she is taken, and has no desire to get to know this one better either..

yAAJEL1.jpg

Eventually Karoliiná goes back to bowling on her own again and the gentlemen that fancy Inge have all left the building, so she gets Jeffrey for herself with no interruptions, which is enough to finally become best buddies with Jeffrey. This has to be celebrated with taking a selfie of them both.. this one goes into the trophy album. ;)

Rtpz3Lf.jpg

When that mission is complete, she has no need for Jeffrey anymore and goes back to bowling alongside Karoliiná and Ye Gangnam. Their bowling was almost synchronized, which was pretty cool to watch. ;)

mIdLfGW.jpg

Oliver Freddy has finished reading and has gone home to eat his favorite meal for dinner..

Xz94WoK.jpg

After Inge is done bowling, she randomly gets the idea to go home and light a bonfire, because fire is cool I suppose, as long as it's kept out of the kitchen area...

xynHZbI.jpg

Oliver Freddy and Inge has a harder time with their sleep scheduals this semester, often needing to nap in the middle of the day..

ed684wI.jpg

I'm not gonna sit and watch them napping, so I take a look around to see who else is out and about and I find Samantha Grey walking by the Championship Lake to sit down on the grass to make a sketch of the view and the scenery.

n51A2ms.jpg

Samantha is a fellow art student of Inge, and that's pretty much the only thing they have in common. :P

yFPNYUI.jpg

A couple of stone throws away Karoliiná has found Jeffrey to complain about the woes of student life. As a student in technology she found it a little hard to wrap her head around the latest programming assignment from her professor..

dB7l9Uk.jpg

Should the if loop go inside the for loop, or was it the other way around? Jeffrey, of course, haven't got a clue about programming.. that's for nerds.. but he still listens, and Karoliiná is satisfied just to have let off some steam. :P

837QkID.jpg

Samantha joins them after finishing her sketch. She brings along her sense of humor and it turns into a group conversation where they repeatedly make fun of their silly professors. Poking fun and laughing at things is another way to let off steam. :P

KEoDFfn.jpg

Karoliiná then singles out Samantha and the conversation turns into one about the park, nature and outdoor living. Interestingly, Karoliiná refuses to address Samantha by her first name, and repeatedly only refers to her as Grey for some reason. Like that's all she is.. she's not Samantha, she's just... Grey.

WRW36F0.jpg

She finds it a little bit hurtful that she won't use her first name, even though she is a Grey, and the girls end up walking seperate ways. Samantha walks off to enjoy a picnic on the grass and Karoliiná decides to return to her books to read more about those loops and how to structure her code for the programming assignment...

vnqcyZd.jpg

At the de Anda hall Inge just woke up from her nap, hungry but optimistic, and thought she could hit five birds with one stone... so she decided to call Ruby Parks again, and invite her over to eat at Simburger along with Liz Tarry, Nicole Lawry and Debbie Richards. Everyone agreed to come over except Debbie who just said no without really giving any explanation...

ReoKM5P.jpg

Oh well, so only four birds then, with the hunger being the fourth bird. ;)

sxNaxqb.jpg

Inge drives over and meet the girls there. Ruby initiates the conversation and decides the topic to be about computers while they wait for Nicole that seem to be a few minutes late. When Nicole eventually arrives, she is a little shy to approach the other girls and stands waiting by the sidewalk for a while, until Inge calls her over to join the conversation.

DPPlVYP.jpg

Oliver Freddy has gone back to the Student Union to do another experiment, this time on some kona beans.

nx0YGtS.jpg

Back outside Simburger the girls are ready to go eat. Ruby decided to change her outfit to something nicer, because nothing says fine dining like a fast food joint. ;) Nicole was getting impatient from the waiting and decided to go for a fly as an appetizer..

Liz: Nicole... what are you doing? I don't think that's what they meant when they said we might have to get used to eating bugs in the future...

jhupyX9.jpg

Ruby (thinking): I'll just.. uh, let them go ahead.. do I really want to know these people? I'm not sure...

EDzfwAP.jpg

The others went into the restaurant to order their food, but Nicole was pulled away from her tracks by Abigail Kaya, a student in communication that wanted to interview her about her thoughts on whether students get enough financial aid to be full time students or not. A case that has been continiuosly debated almost for as far back as anyone can remember... Nicole didn't really see the problem, since she came from a wealthy family that had no problems giving her all the support she needed...

NPcTdO0.jpg

Abigail was provoked by Nicoles answers and decided to rant against wealthy people as Nicole went inside to eat. She may be privileged, but privilege doesn't appear to come with an understanding of the best outfit to wear.. somehow in Nicoles mind eating burgers with friends means you should put on swimwear.. Looks like she has something in common with Oliver Freddy there..

phk3wf2.jpg

Speaking of Oliver Freddy, he was still at the Student Union doing research. His kona bean experiment had failed, so he tried to experiment with some minerals he had instead. The last experiment was much more successful again.. thought it seems learning science takes time. A lot of time, because even so, he still hadn't gone up one skill point..

FTszf5a.jpg

Over at Simburger the girls (except Nicole) had finished eating, and had now gathered in the backyard again by the dumpster... They were all getting a little tired, because all they were talking about now were beds...

X1esp62.jpg

Liz missed her own bed so much, she didn't even have time to wait for Nicole to finish eating before running home.. and when Nicole eventually joined them outside, that's all she could talk about, too. :P

YTfx1AU.jpg

After reaching her goal of becoming friends with Ruby, Inge eventually took the hint of all this talk about beds and decided to tell the girls good night and split the friend group to go home. ;)

AvMUI9g.jpg

After she came home, Inge thought about Nicole for a while before she went to bed. Nicole was a little special, for sure, but she still thought it might be a good idea to have her among her friends as well...

Ep40ctr.jpg

Oliver Freddy was still at the Student Union hard at work reading through his books to try to understand what went wrong with the Kona bean experiment..

QfOUqmI.jpg

He probably could have stayed up all night reading, but as he isn't immune to needing sleep at one point reading, no matter how focused, becomes useless and it's time to go home and hit the sack...

M8F8mP4.jpg

Good night. ;)
    Post edited by Sprottenham on
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    edited March 2023
    I have mostly played " Hogwarts legacy" recently , but I tested cc yesterday so here are a few
    randoms.

mT2zbOh.jpg

Bridgeport

QJq4TNc.jpg

Ricky Bailey mixologist

g8MZUST.jpg

One of the Strikers I tested cc on

PenasaN.jpg

Suzy Strummer and William Fangmann I tested cc on.

All for now
  • Options
    Simexpert123Simexpert123 Posts: 809 Member
    edited March 2023
    Hi everyone! :blush: I have some more pictures from my gameplay! It's Pauline and Hank's Wedding! :heart:

bx3ppnwued0q.jpg
    Pauline woke up early and smiled. It was her wedding day! She hurried to the Spa. She got a Deep Tissue Massage, a Mani/Pedi, and a Mud Mask.
    vqprg9p60yxm.jpg
    51lugfjjn9oh.jpg
    Meanwhile, Hank struck some funny poses. :lol:
    8m4vn62byn5o.jpg
    fomy5awmyd6j.jpg
    ljvsw1xprxmj.jpg
    After they both got ready, I had them do a Wedding Photoshoot. :blush:
    3q99oj8yhtdj.jpg
    hjxkn3amjee9.jpg
    Aww! <3
    kcrixzz7lzrc.jpg
    These two are my favorites. :blush:
    j00vuo0t68eo.jpg
    trfbyjdjozfp.jpg
    8a4z57ppodhx.jpg
    <3
    jbmlofkp279s.jpg
    4xiuk3iij0bj.jpg
    Lol, this photo is so funny! :lol:
    k2gzf0ti9uf1.jpg
    Exchanging Rings. <3
    nwkg8u97uojd.jpg
    iho8d3e0xcv3.jpg
    8omfih8bmsq1.jpg
    8y3bwgichkvn.jpg
    kveeovdtwjkg.jpg
    "Kiss the bride!!"
    94roxw9vrqbj.jpg
    papp72ynqu0k.jpg
    All the guests clapped and threw rice. They had a very... *ahem* small wedding... :lol:
    bmokun5m0d8h.jpg
    sa64by86aapy.jpg
    There was no wedding cake. (Since it wouldn't let me place it for some reason), The wedding ended. I don't know how Pauline could bike all the way home in that dress. :lol:
    cmsyr2xxj9kb.jpg
    The beautiful sunset. :love:
    i7auxcd2jd3x.jpg
    The newly married couple watched the stars together. <3
    14ddsy63q5ly.jpg
    kz110dvwlbm8.jpg
    7j9u175vtvbj.jpg
    Hank: Look at that one!
    rexoaw3r8a16.jpg
    Pauline: Which one?.... Oh, I see it!
    bec8ic81gyv6.jpg

:blush:

Happy Simming!
    Post edited by Simexpert123 on
  • Options
    ButterWafflesARButterWafflesAR Posts: 113 Member
    edited March 2023
    @misty4m Sorry for the really late reply. I've been distracted from playing sims. I can't really do much else for a few more weeks.
    I wish I still had Origin. The EA app still confuses me a little, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it after a few more days or another week. :)

@emorrill AGH! I love that little wagon your sim is pushing the toddler in! <3 I wish there was something like that in the Sims Medieval.
    BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
    d3Z5s3V.jpg
  • Options
    I was thankful I backed up the save to transfer it to my new laptop, because I was growing super attached to this save. X3
    I picked up from where I left off. Emily and Benjamin tried for a baby with great success.

A proud soon to be father talking to his soon to be born baby.
    OSBtXju.jpg

First time someone tried robbing the Schmidts family, but Benjamin woke up in time to call the police before the robber was even able to get close to the house.
    mUl3OL7.jpg

M9YxXhh.jpg
    Benjamin looks like he wanted to jump into the fight, too.

Unfortunately, the robber escaped, but right after the cop left, Emily when into labor. A beautiful Corey was born!
    9M47epQ.jpg

The Schmidts threw a costume party, and here is what they wore. (Not gonna lie, I kind of like Benjamin's costume more. X3)
    4FkKgbn.jpg

vT9ot8s.jpg

Winter finally rolls by and its time for Corey to age up! Happy birthday!
    QQZUeQ6.jpg

Benjamin was eager to start teaching Corey to talk.
    e320Jve.jpg

And finally, here is Emily reading her son to sleep before the whole family lays down to sleep.
    79PnUKA.jpg

Bonus pictures
    ERYaBAJ.jpg

kHSBdGm.jpg

love this truck
    FEXDxnn.jpg
    BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
    d3Z5s3V.jpg
  • Options
    This update contains a fictional slur. It's also another long one.

Chapter 20.4 – Onébegajávvre (Lake Onebega) - April 2023: Wildfire.

vR1N3f3.jpg

It's a fine spring morning by the lake between the mountains as Oliver Freddy gets up early for to hurry up and eat his breakfast, before running off for the last activity in medicine before the semester ends... Winter has been banished completely (for now), but the exam period has just begun to walk in circles around the town, waiting to sink its teeth and claws in the mass of students walking around campus to inject its venom of stress and anxiety into their bodies....

pfmqIaC.jpg

Oliver Freddy didn't even have time to finish his breakfast properly before he had to run, which left Inge to eat hers all alone. It wasn't to bad though, because Inge woke up in a good mood today. Pieces were falling into place for her socially finally, and today she felt could be her lucky day.

EO087OK.jpg

Oliver Freddy was already out in the morning sun rehearsing the bones of the skeleton with his other fellow students. Hmm, and it looks like Jeffrey Dean have signed up for medicine classes too now. :P

R2dF4FK.jpg

Inge had gone back up to their room to continue her painting. It was certainly an ambitious project to start such a large painting. She was beginning to doubt whether she would be able to finish it before the semester ends, because there were so many things to do.. studying, partying and making friends...

4HY5lIJ.jpg

After the activity was over, Oliver Freddy was hungry after not having eaten a proper breakfast, so he went over to talk to Jeffrey. A new restaurant had just opened in town, and he wanted to go check it out.. Jeffrey was probably even more hungry than Oliver Freddy, so asking him to join was not a big issue...

Lizzie Mund stands to the left watching them. Lizzie Mund was Inges fist acquaintance on their first semester as students, and one she wanted to make friends with back then. However, as she was still very new and unfamiliar with both student life and the who, what and wheres of the campus area, she never ran across Lizzie again and so never got to make friends with her. Oliver tried to ask Lizzie to go check out the new restaurant too, but apparently she was on her way to go somewhere and couldn't join them.

ZozCOmI.jpg

So it's only the boys then, and off they run towards the new restaurant. Oliver Freddy thinks Jeffrey is almost acting a little to clingy as they run towards the new restaurant... It's not very far though, as it is just across the street.

y88ZoWR.jpg

The restaurant is called Skogskåtan (The Forest Cot) and focuses on local cuisine which means that deer and mulberries is guaranteed to be on the menu. ;) The restaurant is built to resemble the shape of a local goahti, a type of traditional tent or sometimes wooden construction that has been in use by the deer herders of the area for centuries...

vHie3v2.jpg

While Jeffrey and Oliver Freddy walked inside the restaurant, Inge was running fast for her activity in art. She was anxious that she was late, as she saw the other students had already started, but it turns out they had just decided to start early...

dHBuSrl.jpg

Jeffrey and Oliver Freddy had ordered each their meal and chosen their seats on the opposite ends of the restaurant.. not to close buddies yet. The restaurant has a cosy atmosphere with a crackling fire place in the middle – perfect to keep warm during the winter months and to create a warm and pleasant atmosphere all year around.

k6AHkbq.jpg

The people of the town are slowly coming over to check out this new, but very traditional, restaurant. While the boys are inside eating, a deep voice is heard from outside. There stands two local gentlemen in a discussion among themselves on whether they should go inside or not. The oldest of them is a little skeptical, but eventually the young one convinces the elder and they walk up the stairs to go inside..

Continues in spoiler.

x1CkSOD.jpg

The elder thinks about dining, which is natural, since it is a restaurant, but I don't think they came there to eat. They seem to be more attracted to the fire in the centre of the room, as that is the first thing they apporach. The elder decided to throw something from a test tube into the fire, creating a mystical blue smoke. I don't know what he threw in there if I'm to be perfectly honest. It didn't appear to have much of an effect apart from the visuals.. so far...?

gyO7HxZ.jpg

Oliver Freddy and Jeffrey has eventually finished their meal. Oliver Freddy needed to use the bathroom, and the elder of the gentlemen walked up to Jeffrey and introduced himself as Amarok Grey, before Jeffrey contiuned to talk about another movie he had just watched...

7kgms69.jpg

Oliver Freddy was finished with his bathroom break and walked over to hang out with Jeffrey. The elder Grey appeared to have a strong fascination for fire as he rooted around in it and added more logs to it to make it grow larger.

wzfoDlx.jpg

What I assume to be the elders son did the same thing, as the elder decided to throw another mysterious test tube into the fire. He clapped with joy as it created a small explosion followed by green smoke and an intense and awful smell filled the room and ingrained itself in every surface and every piece of clothing. Vile!

RbvqZPv.jpg

Oliver Freddy finds it absolutely appaling, and decides to leave the restaurant to run to the gym to take a shower (as he is just a little bit closer to the gym than he is to his dorm). Who are these people and why are they acting in such a foul way to spread this filthy smell inside a newly opened restaurant? Oliver Freddy didn't know and couldn't make sense of their actions, all he knew right now was that he was in dire need of a shower, and quickly.. He felt absolutely filthy, almost to he bone...

sjJAhoO.jpg

At the art students drawing activity Inge was now left drawing alone, as Samantha had taken charge of the rest of the group and relocated them all to make a sketch of the fountain. The sound of water is a soothing sound, just like the small meltwater streams from the mountain glaciers during spring...

HlzdB01.jpg

Oliver Freddy had been hard at work to improve his skills in science recently, so after showering off the filthy smell of dirt, he sat down on a couch in the gyms locker room to entertain himself with some light reading for a change...

knF4H7G.jpg

On the grass by the art institute the group that started early was already finished with their drawing exercise, and Samantha begin to tip toe in a circle around the group. She wanted in part to amuse herself and in part show the group that she was their leader and wouldn't be afraid to discipline anyone there by the method of humiliation if it should be necessary..

DRSEpb8.png

Debbie Richards hadn't really done anything to deserve being disciplined, but she was the oldest of them, and so Samantha felt it necessary to challenge her position and put her in her place...

oCZT1YI.jpg

Samantha wasn't done using the megaphone. She wanted her voice to be heard as she went on to deliver another rant about hierarchy... the main message being that if you want to rise in rank here, you have to prove your worth!

RKT2JX1.jpg

Inge had heard all the commontion from afar and became curious. Who was this Samantha, and why was she loud? Inge wasn't looking to challenge anyones authority or whatever position they thought they had in the group, she was just curious about this loudmouth and wanted to get to know her better.. what makes this one tick the way she does?

v2oYIUT.jpg

Inge starts the conversation by talking about her favorite music, hoping to learn something about Samantha that way. Eyes are the windows to the soul they say, but figuring out someones taste in music is probably a whole lot more informative – or atleast more tangible, as music often conveys both meaning and mood... Inge learns that Samantha is a big fan of music, in particular that of indie pop and rock – a type of music said to value independence, but that still has a certain group mentality associated with it, as do most cultures and sub-cultures anyway. :P
    Inge picks up from Samantha that she kind of feels a little bit like an outsider among most people of the town, a feeling which Inge can understand and relate to. Having a group of friends – something that gives one a sense of belonging somewhere – seems to be important to both of them, though perhaps for somewhat different reasons.

GtbC3ad.jpg

Samantha seems to take a liking to Inge, and thinks they should go fishing one day, after they have finished their exams of course. To be one with nature and to catch their own food... Inge prefers to sit on the couch and watch tv, or atleast doing some kind of indoor activity, but she also wants to make friends, so why not? Maybe one day they'll do that..

sOWfQED.jpg

Another important thing for Inge is family, so she leads on by talking about her own, her mom and dad and her two younger sisters from back in Sunset Valley. She has hopes that this will make Samantha inclined to share something about her own family, but Samantha seems very secretive there. She mentions that she has a family, but she speaks very vaguely about it, and doesn't say who they are or how many of them there are.

IRisPhC.jpg

Inge isn't just curious about Samantha. She still wants to make friends with Nicole, so she calls her over to hang out and make a crowd of them.

1Ai574t.jpg

She is excited that Nicole would come over and runs over to the front entrance to meet her.

uze509a.jpg

Meanwhile Oliver Freddy has finished reading the book and wants to take another course in gardening. As he runs by their dorm he notices a group of horses standing by.. It's definately spring time and with milder weather the animals appear to have emerged from their winter lairs and head into town....

Interesting that Inge and Oliver Freddy are choosing such different parts and have almost switched roles. Oliver Freddy was the most popular one in the beginning, now its Inge doing all the socializing.. Oliver Freddy seems to be here mostly to learn as much as possible.. but then again, he was initially the driving force of them going to university in the first place, so.. I guess it's not to surprising. :P

DuMp0Vh.jpg

Inge is now the leader of her group as she stakes out the path for them and runs towards the Grotto to hang out. However, there is trouble as suddenly Nicole declares she finds it boring already and leaves the group...

SwkBneJ.png

So then there were two.. Inge concludes after this that she will ditch Nicole completely in favor of Samantha. It turns out they had a little more than just their interest in art in common, and Nicole..? She was just to different from them, with her random impulses and spoiled rich girl background...
    CZ3b1Rz.png

So they enter the grotto to discuss art and painting for a while, and right next to them Karoliiná sits on the floor, now working to finish her last programming assignment for the semester. She has to think pretty hard, because this is a big one where she has to combine everything she has learnt so far...

bo3M5tT.jpg

Inge thinks she has found a new friend in her fellow art student Samantha, and asks if they can study together, you know, since she can almost feel the exam staring at them from around the nearest corner... but Samantha declines. Reading books isn't her preferred way of gaining knowledge.. Samanthas approach is much more practical, it's learning by doing she says. Just like her family has done it through multiple generations.. the old teaches the young by showing how its done, and the young goes out to practice.. That's the most effective way to learn, that's how knowledge sticks according to Samantha.

"How strange... doesn't she read books? How can you be a university student without reading books?" Inge ponders about it, and it makes her more curious about this Samantha.. She wants to learn more about her, to become good friends with her..

qZyocsB.jpg

Of course, Samantha isn't entirely wrong, practice is a good way to learn. And practice, that is just what Oliver Freddy has gone to do after his gardening course. Back at their dorm, he now wants to do gardening, so he goes to plant his failed-experiment kona bean as well as the improved herb into the ground to see what will become of them...

qLMIg7m.jpg

Oliver Freddy has now decided his brain can't take in any more knowledge, and goes to watch something pointless for the rest of his time to relax his grey matters and put him at ease in time for the exam...

pLiKuDT.jpg

Samantha then wants them to play a game of pool. She wants to feel Inge out, to know how she fares in the game to establish the rank inbetween them. Does she have what it takes to guide them, or is she better fit to be a subordinate? And for the record, she really meant it when she said they should go fishing one day....

7D6jUnw.jpg

While the girls are still playing their game, Oliver Freddy has already gone to bed early, before the sun has set. Of course, in the darkest of winter this might not have looked so early, as the sun stays in the sky longer and longer for each day as summer approaches. ;) I'm still with Oliver Freddy on this one, it's important to rest and get enough sleep before your exam, so.. good night to you. :P

5ZgYVMc.jpg

As the match between the girls draw closer to its end and it looks like Inge is about to win this one, Samantha gets increasingly adamant about them going fishing. Inge tries to get a word or two in about the things that are most important to her, such as art and family, but Samantha is not letting go of them going fishing.. "So you know how to play pool, but can you catch your own food and then cook it?" Samantha wants to know.. Something tells me Inge will continuously be put to the test here..

QPYak8L.jpg

The game ends as it must, and Inge ends up winning, though it was a close match as Samantha wasn't to far behind. Inge gets hungry and walks over to the bar to eat, when Karoliiná (who just finished eating by the same bar) walks over to Samantha to lecture her about cleaning, which is kind of.. odd...

lSxfhp9.jpg

It looks like Karoliiná wants to play a game of her own. She changes the topic from cleaning (which made it sound a little bit like she was trying to imply Samanthat doesn't know how to keep things clean...) to garlic.. not as an ingredient in food, but as something to keep in ones home to ward off evil... Samantha is not happy about the way this conversation is going, and wants to talk about something else.

JlMzupF.jpg

While Inge is over at the bar eating, Samantha wants to talk about the joys of exercise, in particular that of jogging or running outside. "Wouldn't it be a good idea if we could start a runners club or something to go run together? How about every thursday evening at 18?" Samantha suggests, but Karoliiná isn't very interested...

uhKB6zI.jpg

"I prefer to do my exercise alone" she says "I wasn't made to run in packs..."

lGcDBES.jpg

"Why not?" Samantha asks "Me and my brothers have done that since we were just cu.. umm, since we were just small children.."

"I knew it.. you're one of them, aren't you? You're a greybone!" Karoliinás voice was spiteful as she uttered the last word...

NsSnQnT.jpg

"That's hurtful...". Samantha immediately slouches when she hears what Karoliiná is saying..

"I'm sorry, but I just can't be seen hanging out with greybones..."

"Please don't call us that.. don't call me that.. My name is Samantha...Samantha Grey..."

Greybone... the word felt like a punch in the stomach for Samantha and her usually loud and boisterous voice wasn't much more than a restrained whimper...

dOTuhUH.jpg

"We all do what we've been taught by our own elders..." Samanthas feeling of hurt turned to anger as she went over to the counter to order food.. This wasn't a new thing, her parents have heard just the same, and their parents again. There's always been a feud for as far back as anyone can remember between the people of the town and the Greys of the mountains, with the people being animal herders and the Greys being hunters...

R8H7SlQ.jpg

Samantha sat down to eat next to Inge. She seemed friendly and wasn't from around here, and so she probably didn't have a side in this. Samantha was still a little tense and didn't feel much like talking, but sitting next to someone whom she perceived as friendly (atleast for now) made her feel a little bit at ease. Samantha didn't want to fight a war, she just wanted acceptance for herself and her family to live their life on their terms, though in case something should arise she hoped that she had found a new ally in Inge...

uK88rqq.jpg

Inge didn't know excactly what was going on, but she could tell Samantha wasn't feeling her best for some reason. She didn't like the silence and wanted to lift the mood so she tried to start a conversation about children and family. It made Samantha feel a little better, as she enjoyed this topic too. Family, friendship and cooperation were important values for Samantha and pretty much anyone from the Grey family. Just like Inge, Samantha also dreamt of raising her own one day, watching them learn and grow... Hopefully in a world that could be a little more understanding...

huH0807.jpg

It was getting late and Inge felt the need to go home and get some sleep before exam day, but she wanted to hang out with Samantha again at a later time, so as an ending note she suggested they should meet up and have a cup of coffee one day.

fBLlMIV.jpg

Coffee and cake, perhaps. ;) Samantha would agree to this on the condition that they also would go fishing together one day...

KFR6CPD.jpg

Then it was time to finally say goodnight, and it looks like the girls have bonded pretty well, because they say goodbye with a hug, when I was expecting just a wave and a good night. ;)

dWZ63Z3.jpg

Well, this is cute, they both look happy to have made a new friend, and so this day ends on a happy note for both of them. ;)

I6VrZx8.jpg

Not so much for everyone though, because in the background while Inge and Samantha were bonding, someone else were fighting.. The aforementioned Paul Biden* had a prolonged and pretty serious argument with Manisha Kapoor where he accused her of cheating on him.. and now he calls her a vegetable... that relationship is probably on a countdown, but atleast Samantha is happy now..

609Km5y.jpg

Good night.. hopefully everyones exam will go well. ;)
    * I so much want to call him Joe. These names can't be random. ;)
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    Hi! Great updates, everyone.

I hadn't started the game in a while and was surprised by a screen that forced me to update from Origin to the EA App. I took this as a hint to back out, make a somewhat overdue backup of the files, and then try my luck. The updater downloaded something (the EA App, I guess), uninstalled Origin, and after maybe two minutes, I was greeted with a "Something went wrong with the update!" screen. Ah, I thought, good I made a backup. Then again, I haven't found out yet what exactly it was that supposedly went wrong, as everything seems to work just fine. There's no difference to how Sims3 works, everything's still there, and even some of the games that had some issues with Origin (like no store page or game hub), for example The Sims 2 or Bulletstorm, just run fine, of course still without store pages or game hubs. Well, I guess I can't complain so far.

Anyway, the few times I had been dabbling around in my game, I was looking at the possibility whether I could transfer Cronor's buildings to a world with less routing issues and not quite that claustrophobic. I was fighting with a few issues...
    G8BHpzH.jpg
    While the "fishocalypse" in the Orbiter has been dealt with, I still have to see what to do about the flooded basement, preferably in a way that doesn't destroy all the details that had been built with constrainfloorelevation off, which I would also need to use for a fix.

Other than that, the town is shaping up nicely so far.
    6PLNOaG.jpg
    The small restaurant at the consignment store is waiting for customers.
    38hiPM2.jpg
    Now that everything is green, we can have an outdoor community garden, too.
    IEccBBm.jpg
    Morticia Addams at the spa, with Ethan Bunch in the background.
    tSNXCR2.jpg
    Morticia's husband Gomez came over to the travelers' house.
    aOJO9iA.jpg
    Hesper coming home from fishing.
    nlAibZN.jpg
    Here she's talking to a visiting neighbor at home.
    6xxfpw6.jpg
    Soon, it became night. The house was built for a tiny lot. I'm considering whether I should remove the upper floor and use all the space for something less cramped. (I guess the night pics only work if you use a dark theme with the forum, but I post them anyway).
    rPtVQE7.jpg
    Well, bed assignments don't really work well for those ITF dream pods.
    L0l9WVb.jpg
    The cashier at the restaurant still waiting for people.
    Ob3MuQC.jpg
    The entrance for one of the two still available houses. Maybe, Ethan will move here.
    o183E7Z.jpg
    The direct neighbors with view of the town park (basically SV's park).
    P5EEco7.jpg
    Not sure what to do with the town owner's house. It doesn't really look like a farm building, but I guess he has to adapt during these interesting times.
    sB9k3iI.jpg

That's it for now. Happy gaming!
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Hey everyone. :)

Gosh it was a busy week at work! Long story short, there was a big fiasco going on in the regional stores so all the Store Managers were pulled to accompany the District Manager in fixing said fiasco (and learning a few things along the way so it doesn't happen again...) and so the rest of us were working quite a bit more hours to make up for the Store Manager being gone. I was working 6-7 hour days this past week (except for Sunday and Monday) and by the time I got home I was beat and didn't feel like getting on my computer, or my Sims game, or cleaning the house, just vegging in front of the TV. So needless to say I'm very glad last week is OVER! 😅 (I'm looking forward to the paycheck though. 🤑 )

I sure missed getting on here every day and reading your posts my friends, and also playing my game and posting myself, but man...I was just BEAT!

Never thought I'd be one to say, "I'm getting too old for this..." :confounded:

:joy:

Anyhoo! How are y'all doing?? I hope life is treating you well during these uncertain and struggling times. <3 Always remember that there's still so much light, love, and good going on in the world and those are the things we should focus on and cling to. :)

I still have a lot more pictures to share of all my medieval cc testing so l hope y'all will enjoy them. :blush: I'm almost to the pictures of the cc that I was particularly excited to stumble upon - because it's AWESOME! :mrgreen: - and can't wait to share! :smiley:

Emorrill's Testing Medieval CC Shenanigans Part 9

***The majority of the cc shared in these upcoming photos I found on the amazing Murfeelee's website (She has a Tumblr as well). Head on over and navigate all her Tags for medieval related cc (Dragon Age, Final Fantasy, Witcher, etc) and you will find all these great gems! :star: It takes a while to explore her site and snag all the cc, but it's totally worth it! A little tip: On each of her posts, if you click on "Continue Reading" under MY THOUGHTS & CC CREDITS at the bottom that's where you'll gain access to most of the download links. Fully read her information on the cc so you know how it all works. 👍🏻 ***

And now that that's out of the way, time for pictures! :mrgreen:

I was pleasantly surprised to see how "medieval style" the books (and their pages) looked in my game, forgetting that I downloaded a default replacement mod for that a while back when I first started downloading medieval cc. :blush: I just love it!

52726848187_8e31a5ac83_c.jpg

I was stoked to try out this armor! :smiley:

52727373141_ed4ab515e9_c.jpg
    ^I'm a sucker for cool armor. ;)

Chase: Wow Goddess, how am I supposed to get around in this when it weighs 100 pounds! But I'll still do my best to grin and bear it for pictures...

52726848747_2621bc5671_c.jpg
    :lol:

Chase: Yep. *Ow* It's gonna take some getting used to fighting with this armor on...Sigh...

52726848982_5b56ef69d4_c.jpg

Poor Chase...

Honestly I don't know how knights did it back in the day. :grimace: Especially in the SUMMER! 🥵

Anyhoo, I took him out of the armor for a little bit to test out some other stuff. Like this Harry Potter related wand. :)

52727787935_b911983673_c.jpg

I found some MUCH better playable Lutes than the one I had! I was excited! :smiley: (They look better too. :star: )

52727852208_cbc147450f_c.jpg

Here's Chase playing one of them and kitty is listening. 🥰

52726849962_a86d30d915_c.jpg

Not long after that ANOTHER stray cat showed up at Chase's door and oh my goodness she is pretty as well!

52727374861_c7b3487321_c.jpg

But Chase really doesn't need a third cat, so I saved the pretty kitty to the sim bin and sent her on her way. :)

Back to Chase's female counterpart :lol: I tried out this dress:

52727852973_5b73e5e625_c.jpg

52727630049_7324420343_c.jpg

52726850812_961ffe014f_c.jpg

It's actually two pieces and only one of them is recolorable. Whatever the color of the top is, that's what the bottom one turns into. :confused: It's strange and also a very high poly dress so it's one the creator does not recommend using for long play. For that reason, I might not keep it in my game, but it was fun to test out. And it is quite pretty. :)

Pictures in Live Mode:

52727790115_68c4bc0bb4_c.jpg

52727631014_52cf143081_c.jpg
    ^Kitty be like: :grey_question:
    :lol:

If you want the dress for your game, Download Here.

This cooking fire pit set up is cool. 👍🏻

52727376446_2da637a82f_c.jpg
    ^You have to add decorative logs at the bottom via MOO to make it look right. :p

And I LOVE these outdoor lights!

52727854678_23c0bd92fb_c.jpg
    ^From TSR. Just look up "medieval" on there and you'll find all sorts of stuff.

Alright, back to the cool armors! :smiley:

Woah...

52727791355_899242aba9_c.jpg

52727632159_30c0ffc4b3_c.jpg

Could you imagine being a kid and waking up to someone in that garb standing over your bed?? :flushed:

52727377726_2d5e9690a6_c.jpg
    ^Especially when she's so happily dreaming about her new kitty. Poor Suzette! :lol::cry:

Looks really dark and sinister outside...in the dark...

52726853362_742f355e89_c.jpg

Here's an interesting piece of armor and helmet:

52727378391_64ab9394bd_c.jpg

Chase seems to like it. :blush:

52727856628_f8a2500251_c.jpg
    He's so handsome. :love: Sorry, I know I say it a lot. :p

This dagger rocks! :star:

52727793045_cb470b8e1a_c.jpg

So does this one:

52726855047_ab5353a72f_c.jpg

And holy huge shield Batman! :open_mouth::grin:

52727793395_666902ca78_c.jpg
    ^Shields like these are just a blob of color on the thumbnail in CAS which kind of drives me nuts :unamused: but just letting y'all know when you find them on Murfeelee's site for your game.

This medieval style backpack looks a little rough, but I like it. Great for long journeys around Praaven. :)

52726854842_73f37c0019_c.jpg

This bench is cool. :grin: Might be perfect for a church.

52727380161_1ef78c9aa5_c.jpg

Another neat outfit. :mrgreen:

52727635234_9f93eea948_c.jpg

More armor! :mrgreen:

52726856072_b014abfbd6_c.jpg
    ^Not sure I dig the boots that go with it :confused: they kinda don't match in my opinion, but it's all good. I could use other boots. I have plenty. :p

Ok, this sword is a new favorite! :star:

52727635674_65c36e6ced_c.jpg

And the shield that goes with it!

52727858933_27f433d780_c.jpg

Playing with colors...

52726856807_07e3aef777_c.jpg

At the time I forgot that it goes with a suit of armor and special helmet as well, so I will highlight that later, but here's Chase looking cute in the said helmet as a preview for later. ;)<3

52727382411_90b4b43638_c.jpg

In conclusion...

A rainy scene of the Praaven Castle Keep from Chase's house:

52727857713_75c9d3bf64_c.jpg

Suzette found a rain puddle and started playing in it...

52727637514_94268f5bb1_c.jpg

She's so stinking adorable! <3

52727627694_136190f2f8_c.jpg

Once the lightning started flashing though I immediately sent her inside! :flushed: I was sad to ruin her fun, but I was protecting her from death.

And that's it from me for now. :blush: Hope y'all enjoyed! Keep the posts coming everyone. :smiley:

Happy Simming!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,877 Member
    Today I managed to crack the missing pieces of the underlying story arc of my new story! Hopefully I can play and finish Gen 1 tonight, but no spoilers!

If you'd like to check out The Evergreen Legacy I would love to hear your thoughts, you can also click my signature :blush:
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    emorrill wrote: »
    This dagger rocks! :star:

52727793045_cb470b8e1a_c.jpg
    Ah, Keening! Good memories! I had been using that one a lot in Morrowind. The Skyrim version not so much. There's some other Elder Scrolls stuff among those items.
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @Turjan

Great update, I have been busy with " Hogwarts legacy" so not played much
    sims either, mostly testing cc.

@emorrill

Great update, sorry the week was long but at least
    give a nice paycheck hehe.
  • Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member
    @Damienf519
    I've been working on my Alryne Valley world off and on for a while now. So far I've been lucky in that I haven't been forced by Origin to upgrade to the EA app. I admit, I haven't gone into my world or the game for a couple of weeks now. I did make note of the file change you and @ts1depot referenced in recent posts and will be implementing the change as soon as I am able. Hopefully this "fix" will still work then. Thanks for this information. I didn't even know there would be a problem with EIG through CAW. I'm glad I decided not to "upgrade" to the EA app yet.

Currently, I am 120 miles away from home with my hubby who is in the hospital. We're waiting to see the neurosurgeon about his MRI results.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Not much new happening right now. Yesterday I started going through old screenshots of the very first updates to sort them into their respective chapters and transfer them to a cloud storage/external hard drive to free up disk space... I'm a neurotic packrat that can't stand deleting or throwing out old things...

I also posted again on the blog just some days ago, the one that I started in september last year and then did nothing about until just recently..
    Post edited by Sprottenham on
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member
    @Sprottenham
    If you are referring to the one in the stories section, I've been following that.

To all of you, I may not comment, but know I am always lurking in the background enjoying your stories.

@Karritz
    I have been following your Perfect Genetics challenge. I always enjoy your videos. I still need to watch the latest one.

@emorrill
    Love all the medieval content you have been showcasing! @Sprottenham did a great job on the little wagon/stroller.
  • Options
    supern0vaeasupern0vaea Posts: 3 New Member
    My game booted up after me not playing for several months + the gShade thing that recently happened... An accomplishment in my eyes! I had to run a repair on Sims 4 to boot it after uninstalling gShade, so Sims 3 not needing that was great!
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    I've only played roughly a sim week in a half. Usually I wait longer to post something, so I have more to share. But I really felt like sharing today. I'm feeling super social. :D I'm sorry. :s

Just finished making this cute little greenhouse, but for some reason it won't let me plant anything in the planting pots. :/ But hey, it still looks beautiful! <3 I eventually had to lock the door only for Benjamin, because he wouldn't stop trying to go eat the cake. :|
    4OhuVyw.jpg
    XbELeUm.jpg
    Ztvinva.jpg

Emily playing to the mood of the snow. I went and changed her hair style, but ended up changing it back, because I felt her original hair suit her more.
    Ee7Oo1P.jpg

Ralston: "Is it morning, already?"
    ByajgXZ.jpg

Emily prepping the food for Corey and I guess Benjamin thought Emily's cooking was so good, he just stood in the kitchen and ate it.
    s8IEmZJ.jpg

This was just a beautiful image.
    RlgKrb1.jpg

They had a bit of a fire problem with the fireplace, so Benjamin is working making it fireproof. He didn't even bother to get dressed.
    t3NlcvL.jpg

Ever since I used lifetime happiness points to change Emily's lifetime wish, she has been wanting to turn into a fairy. That's an old college friend of Emily's. Emily already went inside.
    ukbB8T0.jpg

Emily finally got her hands on Bottled Blessing of the Fae at the Elixer shop. Here she is turning into a fairy. Gotta say...I was excepting a bigger set of wings.
    GyzywxQ.jpg
    hWoi6Bc.jpg
    BNmhHJC.jpg

Benjamin was jealous of Emily's new wings, so he went and made his own. o:)
    UniD8ki.jpg

Bonus Pics

Corey is adorable, but them eyes..
    Acj8AEw.jpg

Super cute :smiley:
    C9xROuy.jpg

@emorrill That shield is so awesome!! Where do you keep finding all the cool stuff? :open_mouth:
    BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
    d3Z5s3V.jpg
  • Options
    @texansky Good luck for your husband and you!

@ButterWafflesAR Make sure your greenhouse has a floor (yours doesn't seem to have any) and a proper roof, or, in other words, is a valid indoors location. Nice family!
  • Options
    pacer1965pacer1965 Posts: 79 Member
    Hi everyone. I love this thread. I've not played sims 3 for years .I have downloaded it on my PC. So will have to see if it's working ok
  • Options
    BaronwynBaronwyn Posts: 15 Member
    Great thread! Today I quit my job and threw a big house party to celebrate. I learned that you can't just place a party table and have people eat off of it. You have to Serve to fill the table with food. Live and learn!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top