Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims dancing on kitchen counters

ARGH! This has to be a mod, but I just don't know which one :( My sims will autonomously jump on kitchen counters and dance till I stop them. There is no music in the house, they don't have the party animal trait, they aren't drunk. Those are the 3 things I've found most while searching for a cause/fix. I have a less autonomous dancing, doesn't stop them. Honestly, my husband knows my "STOP THAT" yell when I catch them doing it.. LOL!

Help please? Before I deafen the poor man between that and my spider scream :smile:

Comments

• Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Here is a link on how to troubleshoot your Mods: https://www.patreon.com/posts/diy-library-60322635
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    edited February 2023
    There used to be a bug where sims would autonomously climb on kitchen counters. They could walk on them if there were enough counters. They could dance too. They could also talk to other sims from there, but they couldn't get off the counters by themselves. For the music, check their inventories, maybe they have the free earbuds.
  • Options
    SimTalonSimTalon Posts: 49 Member
    Thanks, @Bananas_45 , I do know how to do that, no joy sadly :(

@crocobaura, I do tend to sell off the earbuds, so not that. I swear, these Sims are trying to drive me barmy! I don't mind when toddlers dance to music only they can hear, but the adults? Even my most dignified sims... LOL!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    This happened in my game, and she could walk on the table and the empty counters. I play vanilla. So maybe the walk on counters is this bug. Not sure about the music though. Maybe you have some of those playful aura objects that are activated.

J00ugS4.png

frkmWuQ.png
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/interactions-v5a-62836445
    Pretty sure it's this one, "Interactions from the past"
    I love that sims can dance on counters, but I hate that they do it constantly.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/interactions-v5a-62836445
    Pretty sure it's this one, "Interactions from the past"
    I love that sims can dance on counters, but I hate that they do it constantly.

Definitely believe it's that mod because I had the same thing going on and also had that mod installed. I ended up removing it because it was pretty much constant as well if they were left on their own.
  • Options
    SimTalonSimTalon Posts: 49 Member
    I'll check for aura objects, not sure any are in there, but who knows. I don't pay attention to if they are most of the time :)

I don't have the Interactions from the Past mod, and I spoke to ThePancake, who told me that it's only updated once in a while as they're shifting to one item per mod.

Downloaded Ravasheen's sign that tells Sims they can't dance within 5 squares of where you put them, so of course a sim did it *sigh* I checked dislike on dancing for both adults in the household, of course we know they do stuff they hate just to drive you insane :) This one is getting up there with the toddler/kid who is in a time out chair for making a mess... and then does it again when they get up!