Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daughters of Hesperia - An Amazon Challenge Inspired Story (Rebooted)

Comments

• Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Oh my. Seems like there's a lot i need to catch up on. Life snagged me and I haven't really touched the Sims or visited the forums much for the last couple of months.
  • Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »
    Oh my. Seems like there's a lot i need to catch up on. Life snagged me and I haven't really touched the Sims or visited the forums much for the last couple of months.

Welcome back!
  • Options
    Poledra (1.84)

Polgara spends some time with her daughter.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Poledra (1.84)

Polgara spends some time with her daughter.

Beautiful words! I wish all real life mothers had this view of their children. How exciting to see them grow up and be what they want to be!
  • Options
    A Rainy Day (1.85)

We check in with the children of the Provider's hut.
  • Options
    telemwill wrote: »

Beautiful words! I wish all real life mothers had this view of their children. How exciting to see them grow up and be what they want to be!

Indeed! I think Polgara will just be happy to share memories with her daughter.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Post edited by lilypadmeulin on
  • Options
    SpectresValkyrieSpectresValkyrie Posts: 317 Member
    I have finally gotten caught up. Life can sometimes get distracting. It was so wonderful to catch up with Hesperia! So much has changed! Hesperia seems to be thriving! So much has changed and it is wonderful to see how much the characters have grown!
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    @SpectresValkyrie

I'm so glad that you're enjoying it, and yes, we're definitely swiftly moving towards the next era of Hesperia! There's likely going to be a short pause in a little while because I purchased Growing Together, and I want to wait a week or so after it's installed to make sure that there aren't any hiccups.
  • Options
    That will be exciting to see how the next generation handles Hesperia. I understand wanting to wait for a little until after Growing Together is installed. I am excited for the new expansion but am nervous about any hiccups. I will have to be patient but it will be exciting to see what is in store for Hesperia.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    That will be exciting to see how the next generation handles Hesperia. I understand wanting to wait for a little until after Growing Together is installed. I am excited for the new expansion but am nervous about any hiccups. I will have to be patient but it will be exciting to see what is in store for Hesperia.

The Hesperia of the latest chapters and the Hesperia that Molpe started with are very different, and I'm excited for it as well! I leave some things up to chance, of course, so it's not always my choice which direction the story heads in. That being said, there's some things that definitely were up to me and that I'm proud of!
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Exciting to read! It's lovely to see how much the tribe has grown and prospered.

Hoping to get back into my own writing, but am venturing in different directions than previously planned. Don't intend to start posting anything until I get back from Hawaii Sulani in 3 weeks (not there currently, but traveling in a few weeks and won't have my laptop that week) Using the interim to finish builds,. tweak some townies and write.
  • Options
    Haflinger wrote: »
    Exciting to read! It's lovely to see how much the tribe has grown and prospered.

Hoping to get back into my own writing, but am venturing in different directions than previously planned. Don't intend to start posting anything until I get back from Hawaii Sulani in 3 weeks (not there currently, but traveling in a few weeks and won't have my laptop that week) Using the interim to finish builds,. tweak some townies and write.

I hope you have a great time while you're there! I look forward to reading what you've written!
  • Options
    Aw this chapter was sweet. I loved Anikka and Molpe dresses and style in general. Molpe always looks so pretty and regal.
    Its nice to see that Anikka loves her role in Hesperia and how it has shaped her as a person. I'm glad they were able to talk about Anikka's plan for the future and not have to worry too much about line of success stuff. I'm glad that Molpe isnt going to hold her sister back from her future, not that i think she would have. Molpe has a lot of compassion for those in Hesperia. Also glad she is looking out for her sister by sending Polgara to speak to Anikka. She is correct, knowledge is an important tool to have in any battle or situation that arises.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    Aw this chapter was sweet. I loved Anikka and Molpe dresses and style in general. Molpe always looks so pretty and regal.
    Its nice to see that Anikka loves her role in Hesperia and how it has shaped her as a person. I'm glad they were able to talk about Anikka's plan for the future and not have to worry too much about line of success stuff. I'm glad that Molpe isnt going to hold her sister back from her future, not that i think she would have. Molpe has a lot of compassion for those in Hesperia. Also glad she is looking out for her sister by sending Polgara to speak to Anikka. She is correct, knowledge is an important tool to have in any battle or situation that arises.

Thank you so much!

I've tried to find dresses that suit the era and the style! I definitely need mods enabled for that. Molpe always tries to look out for her sister, no matter how little time her duties leave her with. I think though they've had struggles in the past, both of them truly care for each other.
  • Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Finally, I find the time to catch up on all your updates. You're so fast when you're on a roll lol

1.83: The friendship between Meda and Kallisto makes me want to cry. It's true, they're both caring for living beings and that connects them on a level that the others can't experience. It's so nice to see that they, both outsiders in their own way, have each other and find so much comfort and joy in their friendship <3
    1.84: I'm not surprised Poledra is well-loved, after all she's Polgara's daughter and Polgara is such a sweet and kind person as well. Plus she's super cute! And of course it would be different with your own daughter than with the children of others, sweet as they might be
    1.85: I can understand that it's a weird thought that your bed might not always be your own. It's a little like college dorms. It's kind of yours, but it's your home, your safe place, but after due time you will have to leave it and it will be someone else's. You can get used to the thought but sometimes, it feels strange.
    1.86: Lol yeah, I feel being fed up with the storm. Whenever I open the game, there's a storm occurring and everyone is in panic and I'm stressed. Must feel terrible for sims to be caught in such a natural disaster :D I mean, at least I can just exit the game whenever I have enough of it
    1.87: To be honest, I think that's a mistake most parents tend to make at the beginning. Perhaps they are too afraid of their children to get hurt by the world, or to fail in their hobbies and goals. But in the end, when they allow you to prosper and develop, they are overwhelmed by the people their children have become and how talented they are. And that is truly a wonderful thing
    1.88: While I do think that Anikka has thought everything through en detail, it's good for her to talk to Polgara before. After all, she knows the most about childcare and childbirth from all of them. She will bring some valuable points of view to the table that perhaps Anikka hasn't thought of yet. After all, sometimes it isn't a matter of thinking but of knowing. It may be a little embarrassing for her to talk about that with a woman so much older, one that raised her, but others have survived that before her :p She will be fine
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    Finally, I find the time to catch up on all your updates. You're so fast when you're on a roll lol

1.83: The friendship between Meda and Kallisto makes me want to cry. It's true, they're both caring for living beings and that connects them on a level that the others can't experience. It's so nice to see that they, both outsiders in their own way, have each other and find so much comfort and joy in their friendship <3
    1.84: I'm not surprised Poledra is well-loved, after all she's Polgara's daughter and Polgara is such a sweet and kind person as well. Plus she's super cute! And of course it would be different with your own daughter than with the children of others, sweet as they might be
    1.85: I can understand that it's a weird thought that your bed might not always be your own. It's a little like college dorms. It's kind of yours, but it's your home, your safe place, but after due time you will have to leave it and it will be someone else's. You can get used to the thought but sometimes, it feels strange.
    1.86: Lol yeah, I feel being fed up with the storm. Whenever I open the game, there's a storm occurring and everyone is in panic and I'm stressed. Must feel terrible for sims to be caught in such a natural disaster :D I mean, at least I can just exit the game whenever I have enough of it
    1.87: To be honest, I think that's a mistake most parents tend to make at the beginning. Perhaps they are too afraid of their children to get hurt by the world, or to fail in their hobbies and goals. But in the end, when they allow you to prosper and develop, they are overwhelmed by the people their children have become and how talented they are. And that is truly a wonderful thing
    1.88: While I do think that Anikka has thought everything through en detail, it's good for her to talk to Polgara before. After all, she knows the most about childcare and childbirth from all of them. She will bring some valuable points of view to the table that perhaps Anikka hasn't thought of yet. After all, sometimes it isn't a matter of thinking but of knowing. It may be a little embarrassing for her to talk about that with a woman so much older, one that raised her, but others have survived that before her :p She will be fine

Hello! It took me way too long to reply to this, as I got sucked into some IRL stuff, and I also started up a 100 baby challenge in my free time to see how it runs with infants (the answer is exhaustingly!)

Replying to your comments now:

1.83: I think their friendship is one that I can really understand. They're alike in a way that's hard to put into words, but I also think they're friends because they have their differences. I love writing chapters with the two of them!

1.84: Poledra is absolutely adorable! She looks a lot like her dad, who I didn't actually get any pictures of, but she has Polgara's eyes, which is very sweet. I think Molpe adores her a lot because she's unlikely to have another child. I mean, technically she could, but Hesperia is a smaller tribe, although I'm not sure I'm making sense. In my head, anyway, Harpe is Molpe's last child.

1.85: Yep! I try not to make any of the lots larger than they were before, and I try to leave things exactly as they were. That's probably going to change with the infants update though, out of necessity. But a lot of what's to come next was captured before the update. Point being, in my game, a lot of things get passed down from child to child.

1.86: It was actually a great writing exercise in this instance! I mean, we get taught all about storms and why they happen, but we're given the scientific facts, so it was really fun to imagine all the different reactions that the characters would have. I pictured the boys as probably roaming quite freely during the day to go fishing and swimming and such, given where the hut is, so I could see them being fed up with being stuck inside with the crying toddlers.

1.87: I think you're entirely right! It can be difficult to let your children make mistakes on their own, but in the end, experience teaches many things. Plus, I think in a way Polgara is still teaching Molpe, and reassuring her along the way. I love how they interact, it's always so nostalgic for those early chapters!

1.88: Polgara is definitely the best person for Anikka to turn to, even though it could be embarrassing! However, there are some things Anikka can definitely ask Polgara more easily than she would her sister, and this is exactly what Polgara is trained for.
  • Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Nooo, Meleagre! So sad to see her go, may she hunt with the Goddess :bawling:
    At least there's some new joy now. I absolutely understand that Kallisto wants to initiate her own daughter to the arts of training animals, that's only natural. Human, you could say. Although if the priestesses see Andromeda's skills elsewhere, her determination could prove hurtful for both herself and the tribe. Aw man, this challenge truly goes against everything that is human :D
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    Nooo, Meleagre! So sad to see her go, may she hunt with the Goddess :bawling:
    At least there's some new joy now. I absolutely understand that Kallisto wants to initiate her own daughter to the arts of training animals, that's only natural. Human, you could say. Although if the priestesses see Andromeda's skills elsewhere, her determination could prove hurtful for both herself and the tribe. Aw man, this challenge truly goes against everything that is human :D

I was so sad too! Meleagre has been a joyful addition, but her legacy does live on.