Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can I switch from Origin to EA app and still not have to update Sims 4?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    When I click on my profile on the app it shows that Sims 2 is there but it doesn't show up as installed. I'm currently downloading sims 3.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,190 Member
    Nh6650 wrote: »
    When I click on my profile on the app it shows that Sims 2 is there but it doesn't show up as installed. I'm currently downloading sims 3.

Thats crazy how everyone has a different outcome. I did click play on mine though just to make sure they played. :D
    I didn't have 3 ready to play on Origin anymore so will have to redownload that one to play again if I want thru the new app.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Thats crazy how everyone has a different outcome.

Yeah, that’s so strange. I’m not going to be trying it on my PC, I guess. Maybe when I know better what to expect.

KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Sims 2 is showing up now in my collection but I think I have to download it again along with all the packs which will take ages.
    I had to download sims 3 and all the packs. Took all night but this morning when I checked, its stuck on downloading a pack and keeps giving the error message and telling me to try again. So far, no luck.
    I repaired the Sims 3. I managed to download another pack fine. The error seems to be only coming when I download The Outdoor Stuff Pack for some reason.
  • Options
    LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    Anyone can confirm If u can play offline and/or without Internet connection?

Also you have to uninstall origin games or not necessarily at all?

I play offline regularly, the only time I do go online is if I do a Repair Game. So you should be able to play offline with no issues. I didn't have to uninstall any games.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    @Nh6650 I am going to download 3 on new app and will let you know how it goes. I had removed it from Origin awhile back so will have to download and install again. I did not have to re download for Sims2 however, it just showed up ready to play ( I had it installed on Origin)

update: Outdoor pack installed fine but also getting an error with packs still left to install. I may try again later. Repair didn't make a difference.

update update: Had to install Origin to download and this time the car? pack (forgot the name for now) wouldn't download. but everything else did. Uninstalled Origin and went back to EA app and everything was installed and ready to go. EXcept for Fast Lane. Was a short memory lapse. LOL
    Post edited by Bluegayle on
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    @Nh6650 I am going to download 3 on new app and will let you know how it goes. I had removed it from Origin awhile back so will have to download and install again. I did not have to re download for Sims2 however, it just showed up ready to play ( I had it installed on Origin)

update: Outdoor pack installed fine but also getting an error with packs still left to install. I may try again later. Repair didn't make a difference.

update update: Had to install Origin to download and this time the car? pack (forgot the name for now) wouldn't download. but everything else did. Uninstalled Origin and went back to EA app and everything was installed and ready to go. EXcept for Fast Lane. Was a short memory lapse. LOL

Thanks for the info. I'm glad most of yours is ready to go. Mine is fine now except for one pack for Sims 3. But I guess thats ok. I mostly play Sims 4 anyway.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 892 Member

Thanks for the info. I'm glad most of yours is ready to go. Mine is fine now except for one pack for Sims 3. But I guess thats ok. I mostly play Sims 4 anyway.

This would not be okay to me, I payed for all my packs, and I want to be able to use all of them, if even one customer is experiencing this issue, then they need to figure out why and fix it before making this app the only one we can use. It is not acceptable to me to not be able to play with a pack I purchased. I hope this gets figured out before they make the App mandatory.
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Sara1010P wrote: »

This would not be okay to me, I payed for all my packs, and I want to be able to use all of them, if even one customer is experiencing this issue, then they need to figure out why and fix it before making this app the only one we can use. It is not acceptable to me to not be able to play with a pack I purchased. I hope this gets figured out before they make the App mandatory.

Yes! Please do submit that to the EA bug report site. I don't currently have a computer with enough space to have both Sims 4 and 3 installed at the same time, but I did dump $$$ hundreds into TS3 and I'd like to be able to install everything once I do re-install it. That's an issue that's really important to report!
  • Options
    @Sheepiling @Sara1010P I did report the error/problem so hopefully it does get straightened out soon. I agree I also paid for it all so expect it to work even though I play 3 rarely now. Fingers crossed!
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited October 2022
    I own all the sims 4,packs, and the sims 3 basegame, but don’t think 3 is installed, just shows up there. I am very computer illiterate and am afraid to try to change from Origin to The EA app. Do they have any help pages? I’m so afraid I will mess something up. Does the program just do it itself, or do we have to know what we are doing? And the last time I played there was no pop up for the EA app.
  • Options
    @SheriSim57 Reinstalling one Sims3 Pack so far is the only issue I have had. I already had 4, Castaway and Sims 2 installed on Origin and when I update to EA app they were there and ready to play with no issues. 🤞
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,988 Member
    @Bluegayle TY, I read it was no longer a Beta version. How do you find the app to install?
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    @Bluegayle TY, I read it was no longer a Beta version. How do you find the app to install?

I think it showed up on the top of Origin when I opened it last?

You can also click on the EA Icon bottom of forum page
    Post edited by Bluegayle on
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    Katylou43768Katylou43768 Posts: 1 New Member
    I’ve been searching all the forums and this seems to be the closest related to my issue!

I have had Sims games for years. But haven’t played in a couple years. I have the Sims 4 and multiple packs/expansions.

When I went to recently redownload - I found Origin to not be a thing anymore - and now the EA app. Totally fine. I downloaded the Sims 4 through the app. And it shows all my packs that I own. It only shows two as installed and I can find those items in the game. But my 20+ other packs are having error codes saying that cannot install. When I go to “manage” and then “manage add-ons” it says I have to manage them in steam? But I don’t think I even used a steam account. I bought Sims 4 and packs directly from Origin.

Help!
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I’ve been searching all the forums and this seems to be the closest related to my issue!

I have had Sims games for years. But haven’t played in a couple years. I have the Sims 4 and multiple packs/expansions.

When I went to recently redownload - I found Origin to not be a thing anymore - and now the EA app. Totally fine. I downloaded the Sims 4 through the app. And it shows all my packs that I own. It only shows two as installed and I can find those items in the game. But my 20+ other packs are having error codes saying that cannot install. When I go to “manage” and then “manage add-ons” it says I have to manage them in steam? But I don’t think I even used a steam account. I bought Sims 4 and packs directly from Origin.

Help!

I think you're going to need to contact EA support. I've heard of people having trouble with missing Sims 3 packs after the switch to EA app, this is the first time I've heard of it happening to Sims 4 packs.

The customer support website is this:
    https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

then choose Sims 4, the platform you play on, technical support and then downloads (or pick a different topic if you think a different one describes your situation closer) then pick the Chat With Us option and you should be able to get in contact with a support employee!

I think your issue might be too unique to your account for any one to have a plain easy fix it option for you to follow already posted.