Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

creating my own save file

What is the easiest way to give sims jobs in my save file? I have MCCC and UI cheats if that helps. I assumed it was loading into each household, have each sim call for a job, and cheating them promotions individually? That sounds incredibly time consuming which I understand but want to make sure I'm doing it the most efficient way.

Comments

• Options
    L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    I'm also making a save file, and unless you want to use story mode in cas, it seems to be the most efficient.
    Goodluck on your save! :)
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I also made a save file. Mine is to share with the community so I don't use mods for it. It's a huge undertaking if you're building and creating everything from scratch but it's a lot of fun...at least for me.

MCCC and UI cheats would be perfect for it. If you do it the long way, time will pass as they're finding a job, etc. With MCCC, you can set it to pause on zone so no time passes as you're setting up each household.

Not pertaining to your original question but a little advice: If you're building from scratch, build in another save and transport to the new save once you're happy with the build. You can also use that save to set up the households with skills and careers (if you don’t use MCCC and UI Cheats). The relationships don't transfer from the Library/Gallery.

Good luck!
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    chonkiechonkie Posts: 67 Member
    I'm also making a save file rn, hope my answer isn't too late! :#

Anyway, I suggest using cheat codes instead of having Sims call so you won't have too much time passing in-game.

To add a career, open the cheat console and type careers.add_career career name. Obviously you'll replace career name with whatever career you'd like the Sim to have. The actual career names used for cheats don't always match the names in-game though, so you'll have to google them as needed (it's a pretty long list by now, so I don't wanna paste it here).