Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Creepy werewolf glitch

Anyone else experiencing this? My sim looked normal the first time he changed and looked normal the first time I changed him in CAS. Then the second time he changed, he looked like this. He looks glitched in CAS now too while in werewolf form.
I have tried to repair the game and taken all mods out. Nothing changes it. The other werewolves in the game look normal. Except for Greg. He is having the same glitch on his face.

a6ddb22e5b3d1194c36ab7ad740eb1df.png
1d55e8ff53cabb7ddac2d34f036eaf95.png

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,018 Member
    Do you have skin overlay or cc face stuff? i think similar things were happening to someone on twitter with cc stuff
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    MysanMysan Posts: 111 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Do you have skin overlay or cc face stuff? i think similar things were happening to someone on twitter with cc stuff

I do not, no. At least not that I am aware of having, and I did take the whole mod folder out.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Alpha hairs, slider mods, and kijiko’s remove EA eyelashes mod are all possible causes.
  • Options
    I do not have any of those. No sliders, cc skins etc. But if it was a mod issue, the face would look normal when playing without the mods, right? The other werewolves look normal so far. It is only my sim and Greg that look like this.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    another thought: is your sim wearing hat in normal form? maybe beard?

as far as I know Greg wears a hat which could be the common link

or basically try replacing clothing items skin details tattoos whatever until you find culprit I guess its probably some corrupt item or then its some item that was not supposed to copy to werewolf form
  • Options
    Mysan wrote: »
    I do not have any of those. No sliders, cc skins etc. But if it was a mod issue, the face would look normal when playing without the mods, right? The other werewolves look normal so far. It is only my sim and Greg that look like this.

If you have any mods and/or cc you may need to pull it all out, delete the localthumbcache file and the use the 50/50 method to find the cause.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    oh and yeah clear caches if you haven't and test if greg in new fresh save has the glitch
  • Options

If you have any mods and/or cc you may need to pull it all out, delete the localthumbcache file and the use the 50/50 method to find the cause.

I did pull it all out, deleted the cache and repaired the game. The glitches were still there. :( If I create a new werewolf in CAS, they look normal. So I fear my Sim's werewolf form is just permanently glitched. Will try to change outfits around and see if anything helps. Otherwise, I guess I will have to cure him and then try and become a werewolf again.
  • Options
    It may be that particular sim is corrupted if none of that fixed it and all the others look okay. Some of the broken cc is reportedly breaking werewolves. You may need to recreate that sim the best you can and start over.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,370 EA Community Manager
    This sounds like the same thing that's going on here in @simgirl1010's post.

I've shot this up to the team for investigation in case this isn't CC/Mod related hijinks.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I found that I had a save from just before this issue started to happen.
    I transformed into a werewolf and his face looked normal! BUT! His textures were completely black. I could go into CAS and repaint him, then the textures appeared again. HOWEVER! Once I had done that and went back to the sim-form, I could no longer access hairs/beards etc
    beb480dbb2968c3b41b1b00a09e282c2.png

There is nothing there. I could access hairs and all BEFORE I went and repainted my werewolf. After I had gotten the textures back on the wolf, this menu showed up empty instead.

Edit: Forgot to add the textureless puppy
    447ca33ed960238942b5efc10ba26c85.png
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2022
    I've seen this on Twitter. Can't find the post but it was cc related and he couldn't get it to go away. It's possible if you pulled your mods folder "after" the problem happened he could be corrupted.
    But hopefully not.
    There is a lot of problems with cc right now which is why I'm waiting to update.
    People are also getting shoes stuck on them from cc.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    I've seen this on Twitter. Can't find the post but it was cc related and he couldn't get it to go away. It's possible if you pulled your mods folder "after" the problem happened he could be corrupted.
    But hopefully not.
    There is a lot of problems with cc right now which is why I'm waiting to update.

Possible, but I am not using any cc on my sim :/ He was normal the first time he transformed, then this happened.
    I think I have a save from before he got bitten, so I may be able to save this sim and keep him away from the wolves for a while.
  • Options
    But hopefully not.

Possible, but I am not using any cc on my sim :/ He was normal the first time he transformed, then this happened.
    I think I have a save from before he got bitten, so I may be able to save this sim and keep him away from the wolves for a while.

Even if you’re not using it on the sim do you have it in the game? I ask because I had some cc nails once that glitched after the Spa Day update, and even though my sim wasn’t wearing them at all she still got what I call the “spaghetti arms” glitch hugging her toddler. In fact a lot of my sims did, and I had to take out everything and do the 50/50 method to figure it out.
  • Options

Even if you’re not using it on the sim do you have it in the game? I ask because I had some cc nails once that glitched after the Spa Day update, and even though my sim wasn’t wearing them at all she still got what I call the “spaghetti arms” glitch hugging her toddler. In fact a lot of my sims did, and I had to take out everything and do the 50/50 method to figure it out.

I do not, no. I had some gameplay mods like mcc and some different random mods from LittleMsSam, but no cc nails, hairs, clothes. If it is mod related, then the issue sticks even after the mods are taken out. As if they permanently broke the werewolf form. As I mentioned in another reply, I do have an earlier save from before he got bitten so I can see what happens if he transforms with the mods gone before the first transformation.
  • Options
    mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    You have to unlink your wolf form from your sim form when you're making them, I think. That's what I do and I have sliders, presets, eyelashes, etc. and haven't had problems. I'm probably wrong though, I usually am.
  • Options
    You have to unlink your wolf form from your sim form when you're making them, I think. That's what I do and I have sliders, presets, eyelashes, etc. and haven't had problems. I'm probably wrong though, I usually am.

I did that the first time I went into CAS to change the form after his first transformation. I have however noticed that every time I went back into CAS, the button was set to "Linked" again. I have no idea though if that could be something that causes this issue. If the game links the forms by itself whenever I exit CAS and then mashes the forms together.
  • Options
    edited June 2022

I did that the first time I went into CAS to change the form after his first transformation. I have however noticed that every time I went back into CAS, the button was set to "Linked" again. I have no idea though if that could be something that causes this issue. If the game links the forms by itself whenever I exit CAS and then mashes the forms together.

All occults are automatically set to linked again when you go into CAS. I've always hated that because so many times I accidentally made changes I didn't want.
    Here is a similar problem.
    He said try unlinking the wolf form and randomize the wolf.
    It could be a general glitch but every problem I've seen were mod or cc related. Hopefully we find out soon.

• Options
    Randomizing is something I have not tried yet. I shall try that on my latest save next time I can play.

Thank you all for the tips and ideas, though! I will just have to keep try things and see if it turns out to be the game or something on my end.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Now that you are cc free I would try to use the old save before he turned, repair the game through origin and try it again to see if it happens. Then if you are mod or cc free we know it's a general problem.
    Also pro tip: save all important sims to library immidiately after making them. So many thing has happened that made me thank heavens I had the backup sim saved.
  • Options
    I just hope I can somehow fix poor Greg as well! No wonder the guy is so angry when his faces is all mashed up like that XD
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I found that I had a save from just before this issue started to happen.
    I transformed into a werewolf and his face looked normal! BUT! His textures were completely black. I could go into CAS and repaint him, then the textures appeared again. HOWEVER! Once I had done that and went back to the sim-form, I could no longer access hairs/beards etc
    beb480dbb2968c3b41b1b00a09e282c2.png

There is nothing there. I could access hairs and all BEFORE I went and repainted my werewolf. After I had gotten the textures back on the wolf, this menu showed up empty instead.

Edit: Forgot to add the textureless puppy
    447ca33ed960238942b5efc10ba26c85.png

Oh wow that's weird..... I hope this gets sorted out soon.
  • Options
    For the sake of trying, I loaded the save with the broken face and did Unlink and randomize werewolf. Sadly did not work. The face stayed completely mashed. Using the ears that hang down caused his eyeballs to melt down over his whole face... That was terrifying. This face will give me nightmares...
    So it seems like at this point, that werewolf form is just broken.

Luckily, one of the saves was from before Greg's face got broken. So at least now I have one save with normal Greg and my sim is not yet a werewolf. Will see how long it takes for Greg to get broken (or if any other werewolf gets a weird face too) and if my sim gets weird yet again once they turn werewolf.
  • Options
    Ah, no. Next time Greg spawned, his face was broken again. :'(
  • Options
    AliakaraAliakara Posts: 94 Member
    Well I hoped I wouldn't have that bug in my game but Rory's face broke. Can't find a way to repair it without rolling an old save.
    I had almost no CC in game, no sliders, and the only cc on her would have been default eyes replacement.

Found someone who reported that bug : https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-and-Mod-CC-Issues/The-werewolf-pack-is-broken/m-p/11567765#M16034

I hope we find what's causing it soon...