Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Werewolff Negative thread

This is to discuss and criticism, and concerns for there werewolf pack.

Comments

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,024 Member
    I'm sad there's no werewolf- or occult-related skill. Vampire Lore and Mediumship exist for vampires and Spellcasters. Though yeah, Mediumship came in later. I was hoping to have a Werewolf Lore skill so my occult sims could take it as a school elective.
    ugMcxZk.jpeg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    The world is ridiculously small. Again.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    Overall, so far, I'm still interested in eventually getting Werewolves. However, I'm disappointed that:

1. Werewolf packs are not customizable and we are limited to the two packs that Maxis created. I was hoping to be able to create my own werewolf pack using the same system.

2. Mooncasters are only part of the lore. When Mooncasters were first mentioned, I was hoping that meant that the pack would either: bring some new cross-pack gameplay elements for those that own both Werewolves & Realm of Magic; or that the pack would come with something like an alchemy skill, so that werewolves could practice their own form of "magic."

3. The pack doesn't appear to come with any new learnable skills. For example, it would have been nice to see: a lycanthropy skill, an astronomy skill, and/or the aforementioned alchemy skill.

4. There are only five buildable lots. I know that it is only a GP, but I want at least one large occult themed world for my sims.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I'm a little disappointed at the lack of tails, the lack of digitigrade legs or the ability to become a full wolf. Everything else has been covered so far with the other comments. Overall, not much negative to say for a change.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,881 Member
    The world is ridiculously small. Again.

It's disappointing for sure. For an upcoming story I'm doing I've started a new head canon where I tie the small occult worlds to larger worlds. For me Moonwood is an extension of Henford. Forgotten Hollow ties into Windenberg, and Glimmerbrook and the Magic Realm are related to Brindleton Bay. It sort of makes the smaller worlds for the occult activities and the larger ones where those occults will live and blend in with the normies.
    I’m not a fan of not being able to make our own packs. Seems really limiting.

I'll second this. It's easily the biggest negative since it hands over storytelling to Maxis to a large extent, especially if packs are a big part of our stories.

• Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member
    I'm not a fan of how the werewolf appearance. They ...the ones I've seen anyway, look way too cute. Not all frightening or menacing.
    The world size and the inability to make your own packs is very disappointing as well.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    sclevenger08sclevenger08 Posts: 125 Member
    I'm extremely salty over being restricted to the two premade packs. I came to terms with it thinking, whatever I'll just have to work(and/or cheat) my way to the top and then I'll change the pack structure/core values/etc etc..... then they said, nope can't do that either. It literally destroyed every storyline I had set up. Being so restricted that you can't make a pack with your own structure and core values is just heavily disappointing to me.

- And I know they said you could make your own packs with clubs, but even they said it won't be the same because you lose the pack structure and benefits and values. Plus it forces people to buy another pack which I'm also not down with.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,205 Member
    Yeah it being a small world, and us not able to make our own packs are disappointing.I don't blame the team because they were probably having a small budget.Still, its gets frustrating because it seems like four we have less customization for gameplay.It feels like we have to play there way.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I'm extremely salty over being restricted to the two premade packs. I came to terms with it thinking, whatever I'll just have to work(and/or cheat) my way to the top and then I'll change the pack structure/core values/etc etc..... then they said, nope can't do that either. It literally destroyed every storyline I had set up. Being so restricted that you can't make a pack with your own structure and core values is just heavily disappointing to me.

- And I know they said you could make your own packs with clubs, but even they said it won't be the same because you lose the pack structure and benefits and values. Plus it forces people to buy another pack which I'm also not down with.

I know it won't be anytime soon, like in the next 2 or 3 months, but sooner rather than later it would be great to have this patched in. They should be taking notice of the unhappiness of the majority of simmers about this being left out. I haven't seen one person say they liked this being left out.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited June 2022

I know it won't be anytime soon, like in the next 2 or 3 months, but sooner rather than later it would be great to have this patched in. They should be taking notice of the unhappiness of the majority of simmers about this being left out. I haven't seen one person say they liked this being left out.

I hope this is a possibility at some point. I wouldn't expect it next week or something, but hopefully sometime this year, if ever. Fortunately I seem to be immune to FOMO, and as I've said before, waiting for sales is my superpower. :lol: However, if it's not even on the table for consideration, that makes this issue one of the potential deal-breakers for me buying this gamepack at all. :disappointed:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    -The werewolves look like were...anything but wolves (dogs, bears, cats, for example).
    -The excuse that digitigrade legs would've caused clipping is made null and void by the existence of heels. Just look at the one from DHD.
    -They have the model for a port-a-potty, but didn't think to make one that functions as one (or at least slap the interaction onto the same object).
    -They act as though "lore" is this new system they just came up with, when it's been in the game in build/buy, certain interactions, object notifications, household descriptions, visual storytelling, etc for ages. Someone really wanted to stretch their fanfic skills in the form of long notifications.
    -We've seen a few abilities thus far, and a lot of them are just "makes werewolf life easier". I was hoping we'd have a departure from RoM's downgrade in difficulty, but they've traded weaknesses for more perks, and thrown in temperaments in their stead (which does nothing but lead to "fury", which is nerfed by certain abilities).
    -Speaking of the above..."rampaging" is the only weakness. It's that whole "charge" thing again.
    -Same old, same old furniture. Granted, they did reskin a few items with only 2 or so variants (ceiling fans, bonfires), but nothing new, save the microscope and the portals.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    The world itself doesn't seem that small so I don't understand how it uses so much of the budget to place more lots. Keep the world the size it is but give me more lots to build on.

Also bummed about not being able to create our own packs
  • Options
    VeeDub wrote: »

I hope this is a possibility at some point. I wouldn't expect it next week or something, but hopefully sometime this year, if ever. Fortunately I seem to be immune to FOMO, and as I've said before, waiting for sales is my superpower. :lol: However, if it's not even on the table for consideration, that makes this issue one of the potential deal-breakers for me buying this gamepack at all. :disappointed:

I would hope we could have it patched in by the end of the year. I'm not sure why it couldn't gave been included from the start. Talk about not reading the room. It should have been obvious everybody wanted to make their own packs.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    The obvious thing to have done would have been to extend and expand the club system for packs (and covens, orders, etc), except they can't rely on all players having Get Together, which throws light on the fundamental problem with packs as the content model resulting in increasing inconsistencies and shallowness of new gameplay mechanics as the game ages.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,020 Member
    I’m just not sold on the style of the werewolves 🐺.
    Is there lore on how they took over the lumberjack area?! 🤔
    It’s a pity there’s only 5 lots.
    They need a bigger budget so there’s gameplay and more lots!
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited June 2022
    Listening to Plumbella, the pack has a bug that makes the werewolves invisible. There is a work around until it is fixed, if you are one of the people effected by it.
    Well a quick look at other reviews and a bunch of other EA advertisers were also effected by it. I find it odd that they all went with positive sounding titles instead of put a huge warning that you can't actually see the werewolves themselves.
  • Options
    BoujieSimmerBoujieSimmer Posts: 50 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    CelSims wrote: »
    Listening to Plumbella, the pack has a bug that makes the werewolves invisible. There is a work around until it is fixed, if you are one of the people effected by it.
    Well a quick look at other reviews and a bunch of other EA advertisers were also effected by it. I find it odd that they all went with positive sounding titles instead of put a huge warning that you can't actually see the werewolves themselves.

Great! I was worried about this.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited June 2022

Hooray thank you for letting us know. I was feeling quite depressed and let down after seeing this bug. Well done to the team on a prompt fix before shipping. This encouraged me to preorder the pack.
  • Options

I had preordered on day one and was thinking about taking my game offline for a bit. Thank you Gurus for fixing this so fast. After that brief scare, we join our regularly scheduled eager anticipation, already in progress.

I can't believe they're almost here. After 7 years of waiting we're finally getting our werewolves! I don't care if they look cute instead of scary or menacing. I'm just happy they don't look like the TS3 hairy humans and that have them at all. I just wish we could have our own custom made packs, but that hasn't dampened my excitement!

Ah-ooooo!
  • Options
    BoyolloBoyollo Posts: 18 Member
    The werewolves are uncanny valley personified.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    There's so much stuff in Debug that shouldn't be in Debug. I understand when collectibles and shells are in Debug, but why are all these landscaping objects in Debug?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.