Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGurus Are Hinting Something. šŸ¤”

Comments

• Options
    favrielfavriel Posts: 72 Member
    The trailer is 100% not coming today, they never drop game pack trailers without announcing a youtube premiere first. It's been that way since Strangerville (with the exception of Batuu, as it was announced during some award event)
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    favriel wrote: Ā»
    The trailer is 100% not coming today, they never drop game pack trailers without announcing a youtube premiere first. It's been that way since Strangerville (with the exception of Batuu, as it was announced during some award event)

Someday they might break out of old patterns, but nobody will say a word in response because everyone's minds will be too blown to properly comprehend it. :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I was/am expecting we may get a teaser for the trailer today or tomorrow, but I wasn't really expecting the full trailer today.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Calico45 wrote: Ā»
    *sigh* I am usually pretty patient when it comes to their games, but I am a little disappointed they're dragging this out so much. I might have to stop keeping up with things for a week or so.
    Agreed. But then again I never was a fan of teasing and hinting. I prefer information on the table.
    ... .

Same here. I really want werewolves but right now I am tired of constantly telling myself 'don't get your hopes up, nothing has been confirmed yet'. Why not just tell us if it is werewolves so we can actually enjoy looking forward to what is coming.

These cryptic messages are making this long wait a bit more interesting. But I hope they don't stretch this too long. Hopefully we can get a trailer before the end of the week. Or at least a tweet from the sims account containing the word 'occult' or' werewolf '

Sims team, please talk to us instead of constantly toying with us.

• Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Beware of Greg? Who is Greg?

Greg or Greggs.... the iconic UK bakery chain and home of awesome sausage rolls? Should werewolves be warned againest flaky pastry?

(I got nothing!LOL Still undecided about wolfies TBH. I play spellcasters and mermaids all the time but rarely touch vampires or aliens so its 50/50 for me!)
  • Options
    fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 81 Member
    Leowyld wrote: Ā»
    Now I'm starting to wonder... what if this is all, instead, pointing to shapeshifting druids instead of werewolves. I hope I am wrong - I really want werewolves - but the alchemical symbols, frogs appearing mysteriously. I don't know.

Druidic werewolf shapeshifters you say? Fine by me!

• Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I mean id
    Now I'm starting to wonder... what if this is all, instead, pointing to shapeshifting druids instead of werewolves. I hope I am wrong - I really want werewolves - but the alchemical symbols, frogs appearing mysteriously. I don't know.

Druidic werewolf shapeshifters you say? Fine by me!

I mean if shapeshifters just turn out to be the Sims 4 versions of Werewolves and are still inspired by werewolves with options to make a werecat (through CAS, and therefore just cosmetically) I think I would be find with THAT.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    No more hints have been dropped yet.... should we expect something at 2:00pm EST? Whether it's just another message or perhaps a teaser???
  • Options
    LeowyldLeowyld Posts: 73 Member
    No more hints have been dropped yet.... should we expect something at 2:00pm EST? Whether it's just another message or perhaps a teaser???

Yeah. We are about fifteen minutes overdue for another clue... but it seems they just stopped.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    I just adore an active fun thread. Keep it up Simmers.

I can't wait to see the answer to all this but having a blast reading your posts. :D
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I'm gonna just assume that Greg is a dog and be done with it. A Wolfhound, maybe.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member
    I love it when the Gurus get to have some fun. Reminds me of all the teasing they did for Strangerville!

My theory is that we're getting a world inspired by the French Alps, with some sort of Romeo and Juliet aspects of warring werewolf clan/packs.
  • Options

Yeah. We are about fifteen minutes overdue for another clue... but it seems they just stopped.

That's what's both concerning and sort of exciting to me at the same time? Like are we getting something bigger than just another note in 10 more minutes??? Which is exciting. Or are they just done for the day???
  • Options
    I love it when the Gurus get to have some fun. Reminds me of all the teasing they did for Strangerville!

My theory is that we're getting a world inspired by the French Alps, with some sort of Romeo and Juliet aspects of warring werewolf clan/packs.

I don't know. I'm starting to feel based on other clues, especially the "Lake Lunvik" one it might not be the French Alps at all. But rather a place with more of a Scandinavian influence. (Lunvik is Norwegian according to Google Translate sooo)
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited May 2022
    I'm intrigued by the possibility of not getting a rehash of the bare-bones werewolf.

Shapeshifters, skinwalkers, Sheena Of The Jungle, Tarzan the Animated Series, and that one episode of Big Wolf On Campus with the Werecat-burglar have all made me want more therianthropes in gaming.

If we consider Vampires' strength to be its sheer customisation, then the perfect werewolf pack wouldn't just be about lycanthropes. Also, I didn't know werewolves became vampires after death in some lore. Makes me wonder where the whole "vampires vs. werewolves" thing came from (obviously Hollywood), and why I hate it (because often times they make werewolves out to be less interesting by comparison, rather than being creative and fleshing them out on their own, like in Being Human or Teen Wolf).
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member

I don't know. I'm starting to feel based on other clues, especially the "Lake Lunvik" one it might not be the French Alps at all. But rather a place with more of a Scandinavian influence. (Lunvik is Norwegian according to Google Translate sooo)

I'd love a Norwegian inspired world, but I feel like with all the allusions to Paris and France we've been getting lately, it seems like it might be something to do with the Alps. Aveline is a French name, and SimGuruDoi's first hint tweet had him mentioning the Alps. Considering how many countries the Alps span though, it could reasonably be a melting pot of them all.
  • Options

I'd love a Norwegian inspired world, but I feel like with all the allusions to Paris and France we've been getting lately, it seems like it might be something to do with the Alps. Aveline is a French name, and SimGuruDoi's first hint tweet had him mentioning the Alps. Considering how many countries the Alps span though, it could reasonably be a melting pot of them all.

Doi's tweet was to cover a coded message, I don't think the words used were meant to be taken at face value.
  • Options
    AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    No actual news today it looks like šŸ˜­
  • Options
    edited May 2022

It's true that we have gotten a lot allusions to Paris and France. But Avelina also has origins in Saxon and German.
    "What is the meaning of the name Avelina? Avelina means ā€œstrengthā€ (from Old Saxon ā€œavalā€) and ā€œlittle birdā€ (from Latin ā€œavisā€). Besides, it presumably means ā€œdesiredā€ (from Germanic ā€œaviā€)."

So if not based on an American state that's greatly influenced by Scandinavia like Minnesota (the main theory right now) it could maybe be based in the Swiss Alps, or Austria, or Germany? If it is for some reason meant to be taken at face value, but I have my doubts about that as well.
  • Options
    If it were one of those places, though, I would think they would've picked a more German-sounding name.
  • Options
    No actual news today it looks like šŸ˜­

I haven't seen anything yet either. I'm definitely losing hope for a teaser even at this point. It's not impossible they could drop a trailer on Thursday though, right? With a teaser tomorrow?
  • Options
    If it were one of those places, though, I would think they would've picked a more German-sounding name.

Same here honestly. I'm mainly just trying to explain why it doesn't feel like it will be French inspired.

I'm leaning more towards Nordic-Inspired US States at this point myself.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,853 Member
    Can somebody pass me the Cliff's Notes for the last three pages? And who the heck is Greg?
  • Options
    ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    I feel like all the worlds look the same, no matter what location they are. Itā€™s always the same general colors and it makes all the worlds get stale quick . I hope this is something different.

I really like the name Avelina, though
    ZjzmtTb.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top