Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nothing went according to plan.

Just here to leave a short little review, planning everything was REALLY fun. the dinner, the bach parties, everything up until the actual ceremony. thats when things became grately annoying. None of the sims showed up in the color I specified, when i click "Please take your seats" they would all crowd in the isle and the other half of the part was roaming nowhere near the chairs throwing rice in the grass. Wouldn't Exchange vows, wouldnt do any of the prompts if im being honest. The wedding was a disaster. Is this also one of the bugs cause whats the point of having prompts if everyone is just going to do their own thing??
"Be Happy, Stay Happy"-Lee Jooheon ( Stan Monsta X )
tumblr_n5dk7cOnt91qbvmm2o1_500.gif

Comments

• Options
    OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    From what I understand, nothing going according to plan is normal on a wedding day.

Awesome realism! 9/10! Go Sims Team!

(Kidding. I'm sorry the pack is a buggy mess.)
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    From what I understand, nothing going according to plan is normal on a wedding day.

Awesome realism! 9/10! Go Sims Team!

(Kidding. I'm sorry the pack is a buggy mess.)

:D sometimes it looks like they are going in the right direction and the next they are off the tracks.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,912 Member
    I have to agree with @OutlawWoman As a bride, myself, and then later as the Mother of the Bride, we hold our breath, hoping everything comes off as planned. I'm also a cake decorator. My parents asked me to make my younger sister's wedding cake. I can't tell you just how many nightmares I had over that. Everything from the cake making it to the venue and survived being set up, only to have my sister in tears because she didn't like it. You name it, it haunted my sleep. I am very pleased to report all went well with her cake in the end. Yay!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    caybillscaybills Posts: 1 New Member
    Not being able to do the very thing that the pack advertises (have a functional wedding) is refund territory. Especially because we haven't heard anything from The Sims team. It's so blatantly obvious that it doesn't work. I mean, even lil simsie posted a video on how nothing about the gameplay related to the pack is fun because it's just frustrating. Obviously, I think we all would have been fine waiting for something that actually works and, in the meantime, getting say some of the Get to Work animations fixed along with restaurant and laundry day gameplay fixed. I am not overly critical of The Sims. I love playing The Sims and I think more about the game is good than bad. I have bought every pack as they came out and can accept some imperfections/bugs. But Wedding Stories is just insulting.
  • Options
    freindlylolfreindlylol Posts: 359 Member
    I tried a wedding and it was thunder storming so everyone ran inside terrified
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,715 Member
    caybills wrote: »
    Not being able to do the very thing that the pack advertises (have a functional wedding) is refund territory. Especially because we haven't heard anything from The Sims team. It's so blatantly obvious that it doesn't work. I mean, even lil simsie posted a video on how nothing about the gameplay related to the pack is fun because it's just frustrating. Obviously, I think we all would have been fine waiting for something that actually works and, in the meantime, getting say some of the Get to Work animations fixed along with restaurant and laundry day gameplay fixed. I am not overly critical of The Sims. I love playing The Sims and I think more about the game is good than bad. I have bought every pack as they came out and can accept some imperfections/bugs. But Wedding Stories is just insulting.

I don't have the pack yet, but I saw several simmers doing more or less successful weddings - but maybe after testing a bit beforehand. What if we simply need to learn how to arrange a good event? That we must think for ourselves to trigger the better results of the main features? Like some says; activating guests is easier if they are first brought to a spot pretty close to the event object (group). Like eating the cake without removing the cake topper first might ruin the serving (which might also be the case in real life). My point is, what many simmers see as bugs at firs try, might just be a result of the pack taking a few tries to manage? At least there seems to be ways to solve most of it (avoiding more than 1 copy of the main objects (2 arches on the same lot will cause chaos, etc).
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 710 Member

I don't have the pack yet, but I saw several simmers doing more or less successful weddings - but maybe after testing a bit beforehand. What if we simply need to learn how to arrange a good event? That we must think for ourselves to trigger the better results of the main features? Like some says; activating guests is easier if they are first brought to a spot pretty close to the event object (group). Like eating the cake without removing the cake topper first might ruin the serving (which might also be the case in real life). My point is, what many simmers see as bugs at firs try, might just be a result of the pack taking a few tries to manage? At least there seems to be ways to solve most of it (avoiding more than 1 copy of the main objects (2 arches on the same lot will cause chaos, etc).

Imagine if they had done a livestream or something to show players what we needed to do to have a successful wedding. How nice would that have been. Oh, wait ...
  • Options
    Skr0alaSkr0ala Posts: 286 Member

Honestly! The silence is deafening and almost, dare I say, worse than issues itself! I'd be okay if they made a statement announcing either a refund or removing the game from the platform and rereleasing as a free download for those who purchased the game.
    "Be Happy, Stay Happy"-Lee Jooheon ( Stan Monsta X )
    tumblr_n5dk7cOnt91qbvmm2o1_500.gif

• Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I have not bought the pack either and plan on waiting until after a couple of patches. In Sims 3 they would announce packs well in advance, provide hints, videos, etc. I don't like it when they release a pack then a couple months later another pack in Sims 4 and still more bugs. I would rather they take time on packs and provide good content with depth and that is playable. Also before release provide videos that show content separate from game play. They don't have to be long drawn on content videos. Or short game play videos to tease us and get us excited.

I do like the idea of individual pack updates and fixes. I hear players pushing for Sims 5, they did the same thing with Sims 3. Sims 4 will be better. I would prefer this game get fixed. I have spent lots of money of both sets of games and with the cost of things going up, gas, food, clothing, something will have to cut out and I cannot see spending tons of money on another version of sims in the future. I will play Sims 3 or Sims 4. But that is my rant/opinion.

There are a lot of great thoughts on this site about things and really wish the developers would come here more than twitter. I don't have a twitter or facebook account.