Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims eat too fast!

My sim families can never all sit down and eat at the same time like previous games. Is there a mod for slower eating?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited September 2021
    I agree, it used to be slower and then for some reason they fixed something that wasn’t broken. :/
  • Options
    AJC20178AJC20178 Posts: 264 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I agree, it used to be slower and then for some reason they fixed something that wasn’t broken. :/

I know 😭
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    A mod free work around, it is a bit of a chore, but it works.
    Set the group meal in the centre of the table, direct everyone to take a seat, then have one sim call to meal. They'll all grab a plate and eat simultaneously.
    It may only work with autonomy off though, but if it is a one time screenshot moment, and not a daily occurrence, it's definitely worth the effort.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    AJC20178AJC20178 Posts: 264 Member
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    A mod free work around, it is a bit of a chore, but it works.
    Set the group meal in the centre of the table, direct everyone to take a seat, then have one sim call to meal. They'll all grab a plate and eat simultaneously.
    It may only work with autonomy off though, but if it is a one time screenshot moment, and not a daily occurrence, it's definitely worth the effort.

I'll give that a try ☺️
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    I kinda like it the way they eat now, but I think there are mods that will make them eat slower that people have made.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    They need to make it last a bit longer. They eat so fast you can barely take a picture of them eating unless they happen to talk to someone and the food is in front of them.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I was optimistic about the eating changes, but it's too fast for me as well. I absolutely love taking pics at the dining table and now hardly can.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,089 Member
    I didn’t mind the slow eating, what bothered me was that they all played musical chairs if they wanted to talk to a sim while eating.
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Brd709 wrote: »
    I didn’t mind the slow eating, what bothered me was that they all played musical chairs if they wanted to talk to a sim while eating.

Or get up and put their food in their pocket to hug the Sim they want to talk to. :lol:

I don't mind the eating speed, I understand that they sped it up as Simmers were struggling to get all of their Sim's needs met before they went to work. However, many of us like to host family or romantic meals, where eating slower might be appreciated.

I don't know if something similar has been suggested, but what if an option was included when clicking on a group meal (alongside "call to meal" etc.) to "eat with...", and then you could pick which Sims you want to eat together and they will wait for everyone to grab a plate and be seated before tucking in, eat slower, and have conversations between bites.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I kind of like it that they eat faster. Eating slowly didn't bother me back then, but I'm used to them eating fast now :sweat_smile:

I guess they could eat a little bit slower, like take a bite or two more, before they finish the meal.
  • Options
    I did a double-take at the title of this thread because for the longest time, it would take forever for my sims to finish a meal, sometimes even pausing for what felt like half an hour while they were still urgently hungry. I don't know about simulated people, but when I'm so hungry that I'm legitimately uncomfortable, I will wolf that food down like the Cookie Monster at an Oreo factory. I'm glad my sims learned how to chow down and be done with it.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited September 2021
    I like Sims eating faster than they used to, but they made it a little too fast. Sometimes I want the family to eat together and I make a Sim call others to meal, but the first one at the table is usually already eaten when the last one arrives. It's really annoying for example when they're eating a Winterfest dinner.
    I would've preferred the eating speed to be somewhere between the old and the new speed. The other solution would be an option to make Sims start the dinner together at the same time. When called to meal they should all sit at the table together first and then start eating.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I use a mod so they don’t wash their dish when done eating. So they don’t leave the dinner table when they’re chatting with other sims there. It works out well for those situations. But I think 1 bite more would be ideal. They did make it a little too fast for me. It’s better than how slow it was before, imo.
  • Options
    SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    I hate the changes they did to eating. I liked the way sims ate before, and now it’s ruined the game for me. I’m also looking for a mod to make eating the way it was before, but haven’t found one yet.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited September 2021
    I prefer the slow eating.

This entire “fix” goes to show what kind of society we live in. Zero patience and an inability to manage a more balanced lifestyle.
    Funny that this fix was focused on sims filling their needs quickly so they can get to work or school on time.
    Yet folks are constantly asking for more family gameplay and family time together. I thought the breakfast and dinner table is part of that?
    Work is more important after all. This so called “realistic” life simulator is suddenly a little too realistic yeah?

Why not upgrade the beds so sims’ energy bar fills faster?
    Why not upgrade showers so sims’ hygiene bar fills quicker?

Do folks want more challenging gameplay or not?
    I don’t think so. People just want to fast speed through this game and then afterwards tell the community how boring it is….

Anyway, slob sims are great. They use the bathroom without flushing after wards. They never wash their hands. They also use the bathroom while taking a shower. They never clean their plates either. So handy. If you’re an impatient simmer get yourself a slob sim. It works for me. 😜

It is indeed a shame that we have to get mods to get the eating speed back to the way it was before. 😒
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I prefer the slow eating.

This entire “fix” goes to show what kind of society we live in. Zero patience and an inability to manage a more balanced lifestyle.
    Funny that this fix was focused on sims filling their needs quickly so they can get to work or school on time.
    Yet folks are constantly asking for more family gameplay and family time together. I thought the breakfast and dinner table is part of that?
    Work is more important after all. This so called “realistic” life simulator is suddenly a little too realistic yeah?

Why not upgrade the beds so sims’ energy bar fills faster?
    Why not upgrade showers so sims’ hygiene bar fills quicker?

Do folks want more challenging gameplay or not?
    I don’t think so. People just want to fast speed through this game and then afterwards tell the community how boring it is….

Anyway, slob sims are great. They use the bathroom without flushing after wards. They never wash their hands. They also use the bathroom while taking a shower. They never clean their plates either. So handy. If you’re an impatient simmer get yourself a slob sim. It works for me. 😜

It is indeed a shame that we have to get mods to get the eating speed back to the way it was before. 😒

"Sims eat too slow!"
    "Sims eat too fast!"

Developers must be having double face palms. :D
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    I ended up getting a mod. It didn’t bother me much when my sims were eating alone.

But I love having my sims eat meals with friends, family, or significant others.

I would have preferred them keep eating the same and just speed up quick meals.
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    I think the best solution would be to have an additional command that allows them to eat slower. They could click on the food and "grab a serving" to eat fast or click on it and select something like "enjoy a meal together" to eat slow.

If I'm playing a single sim there's no reason to take an hour and a half to eat a sandwich, but I can certainly understand wanting it to slow down for family meals.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I made a thread about this after the eating speed got nerfed. It got deleted because people couldn't help but argue 😆
    But anyway, here I am again. This was NOT RIGHT at all. I understand people kept complaining they couldn't get to work on time. I seen it all over twitter for a long time. But the devs should have gave us a "eat quicker" meal option for those who want it. Because this has ruined every family dinner and dinner date and school lunch role-play I enjoy setting up. Even restaurants are weird now eating in 2 bites. And I love loooooong dinners. I Spend a lot of time planning meals, downloading tons of delicious looking custom food, setting up dinners, sims cooking together, then boom 💥 2 bites and one sip of water later they are all getting up to wash their dishes like good little choir boys.
    Gotta get back to that computer time I guess huh?

Another thing I loved totally nerfed 😔😔😔😔
    I don't like the shower change either. My sim couldn't even sing in the shower. I LOVE LONG showers. My sim can't even enjoy one anymore. But the food bothers me more.
    Really makes me not like live service sometimes....
    In the future devs if you have to nerf something (Don't do it) please provide OPTIONS so that those of us who enjoy things the way they are can still enjoy the game too. Please... 🙏🙏🙏

Coolspear had a mod for longer eating. He retired a long time ago and said anyone can take over his mods. Perhaps a modder here would be willing to do it? I updated it once with help but I'm not a modder and can't keep up with the constant patches. Especially since I barely know what I'm doing🥴 and don't want to mess anyone's game up including my own lol 😆

But still. This needs an actual fix so that console players who love long dinners can enjoy too. This quick meal needs to be an option. Not default.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I agree with captain. Really goes to show how fast and impatient the culture has become. People had no problem with this in older games. This seems to be the only one.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Yep it was “nerfed”. I think how they eat now should be for the quick meals.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,927 Member
    I ended up getting a mod. It didn’t bother me much when my sims were eating alone.

But I love having my sims eat meals with friends, family, or significant others.

@Evilyn_1007 could you please tell what mod are you using?
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    I did a double-take at the title of this thread because for the longest time, it would take forever for my sims to finish a meal, sometimes even pausing for what felt like half an hour while they were still urgently hungry. I don't know about simulated people, but when I'm so hungry that I'm legitimately uncomfortable, I will wolf that food down like the Cookie Monster at an Oreo factory. I'm glad my sims learned how to chow down and be done with it.

Same here. I like it that the Sims eat more quickly like the Sims in 1-3 did,and I hope they eat quick in Sims 5 as well.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member

@Evilyn_1007 could you please tell what mod are you using?

moreconsumptionturns by beinchens

https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/rund-um-mahlzeiten-food-related/

Not all meals were adjusted to the full 8 consumption turns. Low skill and quick meals were are still faster to eat than grand, experimental and high skill foods.

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,927 Member
    Okay , thanks :) Yes I did try that one too, I may try it again.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina