Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cc & mod cleaner?

Is there a program out there that helps find broken cc or mods. Having an issue with my game going to (not respond ing) the back to working again.

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Sadly, no. Best you can do is pull it all, and add it back one item at a time. I keep mine minimal for that reason.
  • Options
    Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    There's a way to easily find broken cc. Use the Sims 4 tray importer tool where can see all cc that your sims currently have on them or is builded with in builds. Just save them beforehand with the broken cc in your library to find it later in the tray importer tool under the cc section.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,045 Member
    Tray importer tool?
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    Better Exceptions by TwistedMexi can help with finding broken mods.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    AJC20178AJC20178 Posts: 267 Member
    Better Exceptions by TwistedMexi can help with finding broken mods.

I had that on and it said (interaction) but I don't know what that means lol
  • Options
    PriestessDreadfulPriestessDreadful Posts: 288 Member
    edited July 2021
    I absolutely do not understand how to use the tray importer tool. I downloaded it, but I don't even know where to extract the files to, let alone what to do next.

I'm looking at a tutorial about it, but the tutorial makes no sense to me whatsoever. :(
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,437 Member
    edited July 2021
    I absolutely do not understand how to use the tray importer tool. I downloaded it, but I don't even know where to extract the files to, let alone what to do next.

I'm looking at a tutorial about it, but the tutorial makes no sense to me whatsoever. :(

I use tray importer all of the time. I admit .... I'm a CC addict! What happens is I go specifically looking for a particular item, then I get pulled in and it leads me down the rabbit hole and I'm engrossed for the rest of the evening finding MORE and MORE CC (that I'll probably never ever have time to use).

But, here's the reality of it .... what looks good in the CC creator's screenshots is often misleading and the actual item doesn't look nearly as good in the game (I'm looking at you CC hair with your misaligned textures that are glaringly obvious that that's why you never showed the back or side of the hair, the flashing texture conflicts, the colors not matching up; where they franken-meshed the 2 hairs together, etc) and there's really no easy way to delete that CC if you don't specifically know what the item is or who it's by (CAS CC doesn't give you the creators name in game) and sometimes BB CC creators don't put their name down in the title or description.

I recently deleted all of my CC (well, not technically "deleted" it .... but removed it from the game and moved it to my external HD) so I could start fresh and only add what I actually know I'll use. And because I have downloaded a TON over the last week I'm now organizing and keeping only what I like. (I don't need 5 pairs of the same skinny jeans in basically the same color pallet).

I will try and write up a tutorial for others who wish to use Tray Importer to get rid of broken or unwanted CC.

I also found 2 other programs recently. One finds duplicates of CC (even if you've renamed the CC file .... which I do all the time to organize better). And the other one can automatically sort CC into folders for you according to type (but, it did not work great for me). The duplicate finder is amazing tho.

https://margosims.tumblr.com/post/648835389179805696/s4pavir-download-pavir-is-a-tool-that-allows

https://modthesims.info/d/647653/sims-mod-assistant.html

Post edited by Chicklet453681 on