Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite/most used lot type?

Comments

• Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    Other (share in comments)
    Residential / Apartment. ;)

I'm assuming you left it off on purpose but my sims do most of their activity by visiting each other at home.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    My answer is that I like having a blend of the different lots. I do send my sims out to different places and I like to mix it up. I have everything from a nice swimming pool, to a Fitness Stuff themed fitness center, a movie theatre/bowling alley, an ice rink I downloaded, a flowery cafe I downloaded, a library for Newcrest, 8+ restaurants, etc. There's a lot going on and I have a lot of options for where to send sims.

I don't want sims to be too similar to each other so with all the different types of venues, I have more fun. I do have numerous bars and I edited some of them. I redid the bar in Brindleton Bay to be a chowder restaurant. The one in Oasis Springs and the Sgt. Pepper Pub were redecorated. There was a Maxis-made swimming pool that I added to Oasis Springs that is great. I added pools to nearly every gym except the one in San Myshuno.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    My favorites are: Spas, spa/gyms, karaoke bars and discotheques and I wouldn't say No to an all ages arcade that came with a new pack, or, at the least, more build items so I can make a good one. :)
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    So most used of all time is obviously residential.

Most used lately is haunted house residential.

Most used community lot is the restaurant.

Most creativity stimulating community lot is the community spaces.

Runner up community lot is vet clinics.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,153 Member
    National park/ Park
    I try to use them all equally, but for many of my own builded lots are technically parks, but I use gym, museum (considered as churches and schools), bars and retails lot almost the same amount as parks.
  • Options
    HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 325 Member
    Bar
    I chose bar because I forgot about restaurants until I peeked at the replies. I've downloaded so many different restaurants for my sims to go to; it's my go-to activity when I have nothing for them to do for a while but want them to do something. And there's so many specific ones! I found a Selvadoradan one and a Batuuan one, plus tons of other random ones. That said, I've never run one because it doesn't fit my play style. Multipurpose community lots (particularly ones with tons of skill items) have really been growing on me; it's so nice to let my sims just have their houses without all the random stuff they need for their careers.
  • Options
    BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    Restaurants.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    National park/ Park
    I like parks, because I really love nature in real life and I love taking my sims out to nature as well. It is also one of my favorite thing to create in the game.
    The second one would be a bar/lounge/karaoke lot, because it is just fun to create differently themed bar lots for different types of sims to hang out. I have a goth club, a small pub, fancy nightclub for adult sims, etc. The options are endless and it is fun.
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Bar
    I don't usually build community lots, but I didn't really like any of the bowling alleys in the gallery so made my own. Fairly straightforward building (modeled on the Wakefield Bowladrome* in the Boston suburb I grew up in, a squat rectangular flat-roofed building with an HVAC system on the roof), but whereas the real-world building has 20 lanes and no food/drink facilities other than a couple of vending machines, my Sims version is six lanes and has a "liquor license." Same mid-20th century retro architectural style and open interior layout though. I stuck it in a vacant lot in Brindleton Bay.

*yes, the same one George Clooney and Ben Affleck shot a movie at earlier this year. My hometown has a fun history—we also played host to a goodwill/diplomatic delegation from the Soviet Union at the butt end of the Cold War and someone got the idea to take them candlepin bowling at that same alley!
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    edited June 2021
    Living lot. What else would be the most used lot in the game? I mean, duh.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,417 Member
    I just assumed this poll was about community lots, but everyone saying reseidential is not wrong, it's not specified. Residential for me too, lol.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,401 Member
    National park/ Park
    I should've chosen the choice "other". I think my favorite lot type is actually a restaurant, but I do love parks too.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    My favourite lot type and my most used lot type are different because of the way the game forces you to use "bar" for almost any community lot that you might want that doesn't fit into the other categories. Bar is my most used but I enjoy playing in a haunted residential or tiny home the most.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Its sad really. I build all these unique places for my sims to go and they never get to leave home. So my most used lot type...Residential... :(
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Choices offered are a little to restrictive. my favourite type of lot is a spa/gym/swimming pool combo. if i can get it right, it will be seen as an all day spa where a sim can spend hours getting ridiculously pampered, they can get a little drink, some exercise and at the end of the day, a nice relaxing swim in the pool.

I'm still trying to find the right balance and what venue works correctly (for the autonomy) to all three to make the combo complete.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,259 Member
    edited June 2021
    Retail. I have quite a few retail shops. A wellness shop with spa items and herbal potions. An apothecary shop, bridal boutique, clothing stores, bookstore. Next on the list is an accessories shop.
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Outside of the home lot - it's got to be restaurants, but my Sims also spend a fair amount of time at festivals, not sure if this technically counts as a lot.
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    Aside from residential, my most visited lots would be restaurants and parks/national parks. I tend to make generic lots often, but not always, and depends on the save. Generally, I dislike seeing an influx of townies when my sim visits a lot, and they either take the equipment my sim needs to use, or butt in uninvited into private conversations.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,906 Member
    At this moment in time it's a tie between concert venues and restaurants. My singer Sim (Global Superstar) performs at least once daily and is generally hungry by the end of his set. So, he takes his best girl out to eat. Plus, most of my engagements happen at some of the finer eateries I have sprinkled across my neighborhoods.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    edited June 2021
    I'll go with restaurants too. I love taking my Sims out to eat.
  • Options
    BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Library
    I like to build handsome libraries (and one time a wilfully hideous one) and equip them with a wealth of everything. If I've a sim who can't afford a comfy bed, they can go and use one in the library.

I realise actual libraries aren't like this, but they would be if I was mayor.
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Gym
    Then spa center, restaurant and bar or nightclub.
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    I redid the bar in Brindleton Bay to be a chowder restaurant.

That is such a good idea! If I were better at redecorating buildings, I'd do the same thing. A restaurant like that, right down by the wharf, is such an iconic New England feature.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Oddly enough my favourite lot type is coffee shops but I have a tough time finding them on the gallery.
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    I can't speak on a favorite because I try to have my sims visit all lot types and I build different things on all the lots. My LEAST used lot type is generic.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱