Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cooking Or Eating Food You Never Had In Real Life From The Sims 4 Game

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Taco casserole, or dishes like it, is definitely still made in some places. I'm fairly foodie but I have not cooked or eaten based on the game. I'm fortunate to be in proximity to a lot of interesting stuff.

I will say that I think the one time I tried something from the game that I wouldn't otherwise is when I saw buñuelos somewhere. I had Cuban-style buñuelos for dessert because I recognized them from the game. They were lightly filled with fruit and covered with powdered sugar kind of like a donut.

I've cooked new things but not based on the game. I've tried key lime pie but not because of the Sims.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,163 Member
    edited June 2021
    karma has attacked me because i was eating salad today and i got cucumber stuck in my throat for half a day im sorry sims you may eat other things besides salads from now on

pls dun choke me via delicious salads
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    I'm ashamed to admit but I'm a very poor cook. And always make pretty basic meals. But once I saw IceMunMun Deviled Egg custom recipe and decided to try it at home. In my country it's not a thing so it was absolutely new dish to me and I like it!
  • Options
    LA_sports_girl87LA_sports_girl87 Posts: 24 Member
    I've looked up some recipes before because I was curious about what exactly the food was, but I don't think I've ever actually cooked anything. I do get a little bit of a kick out of seeing "Sim food" in the real world though!
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    I've not actually been inspired to cook anything from the Sims, but its definitely extended my knowledge of the different cuisines, Vietnamese in particular as I'd never encountered Pho before. I like that the Sims has expanded my cultural horizons.
  • Options
    MissyScabtreeMissyScabtree Posts: 81 Member
    I'm a huge foodie and can cook a lot of the sims recipes irl, though I have been intrigued to try some of the sims recipes. I'd love to try cooking Butter Chicken, Lobster Roll, Eggs Benedict, Lobster Tortellini, and Butternut Gnocchi.

I'm so glad they added in lots of sushi dishes (I LOVE sushi omg, I think I'm addicted) and it was a nice touch seeing the Poke bowl and Kalua Pork added in since I live in Hawaii :)<3
    "Silence is the most powerful scream."
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,093 Member
    @simgirl1010 thank you for the recommendation! that looks like fun :) and the tea too!

• Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    only thing i ever did from TS4 was a grilled cheese sandwich. the difference between toasting the bread and frying it is noticeable. mostly in the type of crunch and hardness in the toasting of the bread from the frying pan as it comes out soft in crunch compared to the usual hard from the toaster.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,020 Member
    edited June 2021
    Hello! I haven't tried anything yet, but I really want to try tacos. It's been on my list for a long time now hah

That’s sounds funny, taco’s are something people eat here all the time.
  • Options
    MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Kironide wrote: »
    I've not actually been inspired to cook anything from the Sims, but its definitely extended my knowledge of the different cuisines, Vietnamese in particular as I'd never encountered Pho before. I like that the Sims has expanded my cultural horizons.

Most definitely, I've also learned of new dishes I never heard of before and what they look like, lol!
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Options
    pendragon1980pendragon1980 Posts: 436 Member
    Totally think they should make a Sims cookbook.
  • Options
    LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    I've never tried it, but I think that it would make a fun challenge: eating what your sim eats for a week. If only I was a good cook. xD
  • Options
    TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    Haven't actually tried to cook or eat anything from the game yet, but I'd be interested to try some of the Filipino or Moroccan food from the City Living vendors. Yakisoba sounds like it could be tasty too.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I’ve been vegan for 28 years, so most of the Sims foods are things I’ve never had before or haven’t had in a realllly long time.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I think I got as far as "let's look at recipes" with Goopy Carbonara (TS3) before deciding, "this looks tricky & I don't think I am up for winging it. Maybe someday I'll meet someone who makes it well & have them teach me."

I also am curious to learn to bake cakes from ingredients, not a mix (all I have attempted so far), an impulse heightened every time I age up a Sim.
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited August 2021
    I tried fish taco and taco casserole in UAE. Well, I can’t get used to the spices the people enjoy here even though I’m Asian too.
    I also tried ‘Falafel’ and ‘Shawarma’ from TS3. But I felt the similar spice taste as they are all from middle east countries. I prefer western food. :D

I didn’t have a chance to try baked alaska before, and finally a few days ago, i tried it in a steak house for the first time in my life. That was really nice but a bit too sweet.

I know MacnCheese is very common in English spoken countries but it’s hard to see this in my country. I learned this mac and cheese food from TS3 for the first time. I thought this was the food only existed in the sims game. This is one of a couple of western food I’ve tried to cook myself and the taste is really good but a bit much cheesy taste.
    Post edited by Jeansoo on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top