Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have vamps been nerfed?

Comments

• Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited May 2021
    Not just vampires that just wander into sims home for no reason. I kinda just keep my sims door lock at all times to prevent i so it doesn't happen.

I still get vampire break-in, but the entire household has to be asleep before they arrive or else they kinda just lurk outside the front door. Usually get townie vampires or ones I made breaking in.

Guess Vlad got bored of my sim. :(

Or he's too busy bartending at nightclubs.
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,997 Member
    edited May 2021
    Actually, this is a question I've had for a while...

I remember hearing about how vampires were sneaking in to drink from your non-vampire Sims, and there was nothing that could be done to stop them.

However, I have never once had a vampire do that to any of my Sims. Very early on, when I first got the pack, I would get a notification that a vampire was sneaking in, but I don't know if I ever saw them. I certainly didn't have any vampires drinking my Sims' plasma. It was kind of annoying because I couldn't save the game or anything during that time, but I could live with it.

But now, while I do occasionally get vampires showing up in my Sim's house after dark, I can save the game whenever I want because they either just come in without an invitation (how very un-vampirelike of them, although they might have the Eternally Welcome bonus trait) and just hang out, or they stand outside my door, knock, and go away after a while like ordinary Sims.

I'm asking because there's a challenge coming up where my Sims have to live on a lot with three negative traits, but the trait that makes the house attract vampires isn't very negative if they never feed on my Sims.

No, they haven’t been nerfed in my game. I have to keep my doors locked for one of my sims because there is a vampire that likes to feed off of her if forget to lock the door. In fact, the one that gets bitten in my game also lives in an apartment. But I have seen vampires show up late at night in front of houses, but I keep my doors locked, otherwise I think it would happen more often in my game. And, I don’t actually play vampires.

I have also had vampires come into a nightclub and not let anyone leave, I’m not sure what the point of that is.

I like that vampires and other occult’s aren’t always intrusive, this way it still shocks me occasionally, and is still a novelty.

I sometimes wonder if talking about vampires makes them show up easier, or if talking to them without knowing does.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Vampires knock on door, that's it. No invading houses, no power use, nothing. I'd like to go to bar and it's vampire night like alien night, then two vampires start fighting, or one vampire has flirty aura that attracts everyone. NPC vampires don't do anything on their own and that makes pack less great than it is. They need more autonomy.
  • Options
    SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    No, they haven’t been nerfed in my game. I have to keep my doors locked for one of my sims because there is a vampire that likes to feed off of her if forget to lock the door. In fact, the one that gets bitten in my game also lives in an apartment. But I have seen vampires show up late at night in front of houses, but I keep my doors locked, otherwise I think it would happen more often in my game. And, I don’t actually play vampires.

I have also had vampires come into a nightclub and not let anyone leave, I’m not sure what the point of that is.

I like that vampires and other occult’s aren’t always intrusive, this way it still shocks me occasionally, and is still a novelty.

I sometimes wonder if talking about vampires makes them show up easier, or if talking to them without knowing does.

Hmm...my Sims *do* talk about vampires a lot, so maybe that's why the vamps keep showing up outside? But my Sims are almost never all asleep at the same time--especially now, since there are a whopping eight of them--and especially not before 10:20, as they tend to be night owls.

I'm thinking I might be able to take advantage of this fact and use the "attracts" vampires as a negative lot trait. I mean, if they *were* all asleep by 10:20, a vampire coming in to feast on my controllable Sim would still be very inconvenient.

Does anyone know is the "Goblins" breaking all your appliances has the same "rule" as the "Gnomes" fixing them--i.e., that everyone has to be asleep for it to happen?
  • Options
    derevaunderevaun Posts: 46 Member
    I recently disabled the Vampires pack because I'm enjoying a realistic save lately. Looking at the mc_cmd_center.log file for the last full sim week with the pack installed, I had six NPCs spawn as filter_Vampires_WalkBy, and one as filter_Vampires_NightTime_Bite. They all visited my penthouse. To compare, ten NPCs spawned in the same week as filter_walker_ambient_Alien_InDisguise, and if they visited they did nothing to suggest they were aliens.

I'm playing a legacy family in Fountainview Penthouse in San Myshuno, where lots of NPCs just walk in. The vampires would usually do what the other NPCs would do, but dressed extra silly and doing the vamp walk for a few steps here and there. There was always someone awake, so no bites. I have garlic planted by the elevator, and it didn't deter any of them.

I like to play a vampire save, and it's a bummer that EA would nerf vampires. But I do wish we could toggle occults per save. With Vampires, my save was just too much about vampires, and it has not been that way with aliens, mermaids and even ghosts.

If it is the case that EA nerfed vampires, and you want lots of vampire interaction, I suggest taking up residence in an apartment or penthouse, where they seem to be largely unfettered.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,389 Member
    I've never used any mods and vampire break-ins have almost completely stopped in my saves. I don't even remember when it happened the last time. I really miss them. :/
  • Options
    SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    They definitively have. When it came out, I remember I had frequent break-ins and vampires biting my sleeping Sims during the night, now I barely see them beside some notifications.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I still don't get where all the occult hate comes from these days. Occults have always been part of the game, and magic has been there since makin magic way back in the Sims 1 in 2003. Like the sims has never been an exclusively "realism" game and wacky out there content has always been just as much a part of the sims as happy families is.

In 2 you'd literally get green witches in pointy hats creating chaos if you bought the apartment pack and in Sims 3 half the darn game is occult sims and you couldn't go to the park without seeing a fairy flying around. Meanwhile in 4 they barely exist in the game and just act like normal sims even though they're in dedicated packs and even that's still too much for some people.

The difference is that in the other games, even if you bought the pack, occults have always been optional. You had to speak directly to the occult sim to activate them in your game. So even though they showed up to the lot, they did nothing until you interacted with them.

People were mad that in TS4, the aliens abducted you randomly. I was a player who had a sim abducted multiple times a night over a week without having ever played the science career or had anything to do with aliens. I liked abductions being tied to the telescope in previous games because you rolled the dice on it. It annoyed me in TS3 and TS4 where it was completely random. Vampires were similar. TS4 had them auto break-in and feed, which isn't what previous games did. So I can see how people wouldn't like that. I know the first time it happened in my game, I had no idea what to expect because I thought we'd have to activate them. I didn't want that particular family to be occults or have anything to do with occults. It's hard to explain this, but I want to play the sims with occults, but the insane level of occults that originally spawned was more like playing feeding vampires with sims.

So I modded it out of my game originally and now I tweak it to suit my playstyle, which is to have the world be realistic for a majority of my sims and then have a few oddballs that seek out or stumble upon the occult world and go on fantastical journeys that no one will believe.
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Vlad so far was the only vampire that would sneak in. All other vampires would knock and leave after awhile.
  • Options
    SamDenny wrote: »
    Vlad so far was the only vampire that would sneak in. All other vampires would knock and leave after awhile.

If you delete Vlad, which I delete all premades, it's a different vampire and sometimes the game bugs out and makes multiples to fill the Vlad role. At least it used to when I first got the pack.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    So, have some of you found a way to mod vampire attacks back into the game? What mod do you use?
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

If you delete Vlad, which I delete all premades, it's a different vampire and sometimes the game bugs out and makes multiples to fill the Vlad role. At least it used to when I first got the pack.

Vlad has been deleted(actually I killed him) for awhile now as well the 2 others. What the game did to spite me was generate 4 new vampires(Tanvi being one of them), but they haven't vampirically entered any of my sims homes yet that I've noticed.
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    So, have some of you found a way to mod vampire attacks back into the game? What mod do you use?

I want to know this too, have my awesome, like, insightful, and... What's this flag for? jk
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Actually, this is a question I've had for a while...

I remember hearing about how vampires were sneaking in to drink from your non-vampire Sims, and there was nothing that could be done to stop them.

However, I have never once had a vampire do that to any of my Sims. Very early on, when I first got the pack, I would get a notification that a vampire was sneaking in, but I don't know if I ever saw them. I certainly didn't have any vampires drinking my Sims' plasma. It was kind of annoying because I couldn't save the game or anything during that time, but I could live with it.

But now, while I do occasionally get vampires showing up in my Sim's house after dark, I can save the game whenever I want because they either just come in without an invitation (how very un-vampirelike of them, although they might have the Eternally Welcome bonus trait) and just hang out, or they stand outside my door, knock, and go away after a while like ordinary Sims.

I'm asking because there's a challenge coming up where my Sims have to live on a lot with three negative traits, but the trait that makes the house attract vampires isn't very negative if they never feed on my Sims.

There are a lot of saves i don't see any vampires breaking in at all, in some occasions there have never been any instances of vampire activity. on the occasional save where there is vampire activity and it is rare, they break in and feed. only one save i have so far has one of the three main vampires come out around 9pm to knock on my sims door in Sulani, every night without fail and it's extremely annoying, because i want them to break in and feed.
    Yup, people who bought the pack for just the BB & the CAS assets complained that the vampires breaking into homes was “immersion breaking”, and some even compared it to s*xual assault. So, quietly in a patch it was nerfed.

ETA: the zany quirkiness that makes The Sims The Sims is slowly being choked out of the game by a contingent of rainbows and unicorns players that cannot stand having anything happen in their game that they don’t have absolute control over.

Don't mistake the one or two users who think it's something that should be stamped out for the rest, it's not fair to paint everyone else with the same brush because it's easy to do. That's a low hanging fruit to lob at other users.
  • Options
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

Vlad has been deleted(actually I killed him) for awhile now as well the 2 others. What the game did to spite me was generate 4 new vampires(Tanvi being one of them), but they haven't vampirically entered any of my sims homes yet that I've noticed.

Yeah, there's always 4 that I know of. Last month in my rotation, this sweet looking old lady came to the door in the day time after my sim moved in. I had no idea she was a vampire so I invited her in and befriended her. LoL

I don't know...I seemed to have vampires in my game, a lot of them, and they fed on my sims occasionally. I had to start a new save because my nearly 7 year old one bugged out. I am just setting up now, but I don't know if I've seen any vamps in this new save. I'll keep watching.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Yup, people who bought the pack for just the BB & the CAS assets complained that the vampires breaking into homes was “immersion breaking”, and some even compared it to s*xual assault. So, quietly in a patch it was nerfed.

ETA: the zany quirkiness that makes The Sims The Sims is slowly being choked out of the game by a contingent of rainbows and unicorns players that cannot stand having anything happen in their game that they don’t have absolute control over.

What the deuce? Bram Stoker must be rolling in his grave!
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,982 Member
    I don’t have Vampires as I don’t really care for them. Some of the CAS stuff looks pretty cool, but it’s not enough for me to buy the pack. Buying Vampires just for BB and CAS add-ons and then complaining about, ya know, the ACTUAL VAMPIRES sounds like the height of stupidity.
  • Options
    The occult itself, that is, when you're actually controlling a vampire, is pretty fun. What the NPC vampires no longer do(or don't do), you can do as a vampire. No complaints there.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member

Nope, luckily it's not nerfed.

This happened in my game just a couple of days ago after I had started a new save:

UzJQ070.png

Vampires have been nerfed. What happened here is the vampire Tutorial, it is an unskippable event and happens with every new save.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    I still don't get where all the occult hate comes from these days. Occults have always been part of the game, and magic has been there since makin magic way back in the Sims 1 in 2003. Like the sims has never been an exclusively "realism" game and wacky out there content has always been just as much a part of the sims as happy families is.

In 2 you'd literally get green witches in pointy hats creating chaos if you bought the apartment pack and in Sims 3 half the darn game is occult sims and you couldn't go to the park without seeing a fairy flying around. Meanwhile in 4 they barely exist in the game and just act like normal sims even though they're in dedicated packs and even that's still too much for some people.

It's all about creating safe spaces these days, gone are the days of the Real Sims to be replaced with a virtual dollhouse, where it's sunshine, lollipops and rainbows 24/7. Where sims never face hardship, are never sad and don't die by misadventure no matter how hard the OG players try...
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    I find it strange, I've had Vampires since release and I have never seen the "constant/nightly" vampire break-in's that many in the fandom complained about and praised. Outside of Vlad's vampire tutorial, I never had vampire NPC's break into feed. The only times I've seen it happen more than once in a single save was not long after I had moved a sim into a new household, and that very night Lillith came for some plasma. After that, the other vampire NPC/Caleb would knock on my sim's door then leave after a while.

So yeah, if anyone has pre-nerf video proof of vampire's "constantly" breaking in, I'd love to see it. Otherwise, I'd say that the "break-ins" are just people overblowing vampire NPC/townies randomly door-knocking, like every other NPC does in this game.
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited May 2021
    I've never had vampires break into my home and I'm happy to keep it that way.

In the Sims 3 you could turn occults off, not sure why that isn't an option in TS4 as well. It's all about giving the individual as much control as possible over their own game, not depriving anyone else of something. No idea where this 'safe space' nonsense is coming from.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,024 Member

Nope, luckily it's not nerfed.

This happened in my game just a couple of days ago after I had started a new save:

UzJQ070.png

Vampires have been nerfed. What happened here is the vampire Tutorial, it is an unskippable event and happens with every new save.

Vlad has found way to get in! Go Vlad! 🎉🎉🎉

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    I've had a few vampire break-ins... in households where everyone is human, and everyone's gone to bed before night falls. Definitely remember Lilith breaking in once. I also remember a randomly generated vampire NPC breaking in once. But again, everyone in the household was human. If there's a vampire there, the house is left alone.

But then again, these break-ins were like a year or two ago. I haven't played enough recently to say anything about potential nerfs in recent patches.

THANK YOU 👏🙏👏🙏💯

Like honestly, the thing I looked the most forwards to in most TS3 expansion packs were the occults. Vampires and Bridgeport were literally the only reasons I wanted Late Night, for example.
    And the Sims 2 witches show up on nearly every community lot you go to. It was definitely implied to be a normal thing here.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    It's been a while since I have noticed that happening, but I know that vampires tend to invade MUCH less if there is a vampire in household in question. Garlic wreathes used to rive vampires away.

But yeah, "Immersion breaking" and "Assault". In a game that allows for men to me abducted by aliens and impregnated without their consent. Rаped, in other words. And no has any problem with that for some reason. HYPOCRISY! LOGIC!
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.