Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What packs do you have and which are your favourite/least favourite?

I have:

Seasons, Pets, Parenthood, Vampires, Realm of Magic, Island Living and Snowy Escape.

My favourite is Realm of Magic, my least favourite is Snowy Escape. I don't know what I was thinking buying it before I had so many other essential packs, I don't even like winter sports -_- thank God I like Japan though!

What about you?
Drummer in Seize The Day

Comments

• Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited April 2021
    I have all the packs so far except the Country Kitchen and Throwback Fit kits. I think they all bring something to my gameplay, but my favourite pack has to be Vampires. I also really love Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Parenthood, and Paranormal. My least favourite pack is probably Journey to Batuu. I am not a big fan of Star Wars, especially the sequels, or crossover packs in general. I also rarely use Moschino and Strangerville. I prefer packs that are less niche and more varied and versatile that allow me to create my own stories and have more replay value.
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 718 Member
    I have every pack released so far excluding JTB, and my least favorite is pretty much all the early stuff packs. My favorite is vampires!
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,357 Member
    I have all except Throwback Fit Kit and Bust the Dust kit.

My favorite is Jungle Adventure. No question. I love the world, I love the lore (I may be using that word differently from most Simmers), I love the style, I love exploring the temples no matter how samey it is... I just love it all.

I also really like Realm of Magic. I like the Art Nouveau style of the build Buy, and I love playing Spellcasters just for the practical spells (Delicioso makes half my toddler headaches vanish.)

I love Strangervilles Build Buy. Especially Build. I love making Victorian Painted Lady type houses.

I have no "least favorite" packs, but the packs I use the least would be Luxury Party Stuff, Outdoor retreat, and Vampires. Luxury party Build Buy is just shy of useless, though the CAS items are pretty nice. Outdoor retreat and Vampires build aesthetics just aren't my bag, though for different reasons. And I've never really liked playing vampires, even if I did buy the original Vampire: The Masquerade game.
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    I own all the packs.

It's a bit cheating to say Seasons is the best because weather and seasons should honestly be in the base game but I still think it's a must to own it. Holidays are also fun to celebrate, and it gives you hot weather and cold weather outfits which are very neat.

Least favorite by far is Journey to Batuu. It's ridiculously, incredibly self-contained and I hate feeling like I'm being advertised Star Wars when I see it, the prior Star Wars CAS content was already bad enough. You can't even do cool stuff on Batuu too, like making your Wizards and Vampires do all of their cool powers and whatever. The only thing going for it is it has nice build/buy stuff but guess what? So does every pack that has build/buy content.

Eco Lifestyle ranks up there solely because of its extremely disruptive, irritating, and buggy NAPS system.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    EPs: Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University.
    Might eventually get: Eco Living, Snowy Escape. No others to date interest me.

GPs: Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Strangerville, Realm of Magic.
    Might eventually get: No others to date interest me.

SPs: Vintage Glamour, Moschino Stuff
    Might eventually get: No others to date interest me.

Kits: None. Rather doubtful I'll ever find any of interest enough to me. We'll see.

It's really hard to say which is favorite or least favorite, as most of the ones I have seem pretty much intertwined with each other, at least the way I play. As far as vacation worlds go, I find myself enjoying time in Selvadorada far more than Granite Falls, if that means anything.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    figgyfiggy Posts: 179 Member
    I have the following:

EPs: Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape

GP: Parenthood

SP: Laundry Day, Tiny Living

Free stuff: Holiday Pack

Kits: none

I try to tailor my game to stories I want to play out or if I really like the BB items. I actively avoid all pacs with occults, if they have no toggles (= all). I don't want mermaids, aliens and vampires in my real life save. I'd actually be interested in exploring occult gameplay IF I could turn them on only for a specific save, and have them off in my realistic plays. But alas, EA does not deliver... They'd rather do half-way-there occults and force them on everyone, instead of allowing us to tweak our game. It already annoys me, when I go to the library and there is a bunch of robots hanging out that came with DU.

As to which pack is my favorite, I'd say EL. If the question was if I could only keep one pack, which would it be, I'd say GT.

I really want to get GTW and IL, but don't want to put up with Aliens and Mermaids in my main save.
    simming since 2000┃origin: daFigg ┃radiohead-head, potterhead, doodie-head
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,091 Member
    I own all but Eco, ROM, MFP, Star Wars, Supernatural so from what I have...

My favorites are Get Together, Parenthood, Spa Day and Moschino Stuff as I feel these packs were done really good with well thought out game play

My least favorites are Jungle Adventure, University, Get to Work and Strangerville its like they did not want these packs to be fun at all
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    magic_cat_treemagic_cat_tree Posts: 292 Member
    Ray_Trace wrote: »
    Eco Lifestyle ranks up there solely because of its extremely disruptive, irritating, and buggy NAPS system.

oh I didn't know this, could you explain a bit please?

figgy wrote: »
    I really want to get GTW and IL, but don't want to put up with Aliens and Mermaids in my main save.

that really sucks :( I personally love occults, but can definitely imagine your pain. It's such a shame 'cause Island Living is such a gorgeous world! I really hope there will be an option to tailor occult settings in the future, as I've seen many people echoing your sentiments.

Drummer in Seize The Day
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited April 2021
    Heh, I only have Seasons, Parenthood and Vampires. Am not really planning to get anything else either because I just don’t have much interest for their premise (maybe when there’s a sale again). These 3 were pretty much tailored for my interests so it was no wonder they made the game much more fun for me whereas I grew bored of the basegame in just one day.

I tend to prefer content which augments the core gameplay without relying on me having to go to specific location to get something out of it.
    Seasons has always been my favorite EP through the series, it affects everything and has such a major part to play in immersion and overall enjoyment. I love listening to the weather effects, especially rain, so playing the game with Seasons enabled has this sort of relaxing effect on me.
    Parenthood really augments family play and brings more meaning to it. I fairly often play with families because I like to fool around with genetics plus I appreciate a bit of challenge it can add so this was right up my alley. Those "character value cards" (or whatever those pop-ups are called) can get pretty repetitive especially since I play with long life span but it's still a great pack.
    Vampires, I have always had a soft spot for them. In TS4 I really appreciate how much they improved the concept. I love how the weaknesses add some much needed challenge and offer plenty of ways to roleplay. I also love the build and cas mode items. I like how it has those cracks, cobwebs, stains, and such to decorate with. Gives me a chance to have households which don't all look like they are straight out of some Ikea catalogue. (Also I’m in love with the CAS/build mode music that came with this pack.)
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 670 Member
    Expansions: My favorites are seasons (most basic) , get together (the club feature is very versatile and useful) , eco lifestyle (most complex and fun gameplay). My least favorites are GTW ( the careers are very repetitive) , CAD (pets are chore sometimes) and DU (getting a degree is all work and no fun).
    Game packs: My favorites are vampires, rom and strangerville. I use the others a lot less.
    Stuff packs: My favorite is paranormal. My least favorites are almost all of them up until moschino came out.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member

EP
    - Get Together
    - City Living
    - Cats & Dogs
    - Seasons
    - Get Famous
    - Island Living
    - Discover University
    - Eco Lifestyle
    - Snowy Escape

GP
    - Spa Day
    - Dine Out
    - Vampires
    - Parenthood
    - Strangerville
    - Realm of Magic

SP + Kits
    - Spooky Stuff
    - Movie Hangout
    - Romantic Garden
    - Backyard Stuff
    - Laundry Day
    - My First Pet Stuff
    - Tiny Living
    - Nifty Knitting
    - Paranormal
    - Throwback Fit Kit

Favorites
    - Cats & Dogs
    - Realm of Magic
    - Vampires
    - Paranormal

Least Favorite
    - Parenthood
    - Dine Out
    - Backyard Stuff (I'd miss like 2 hairstyles from this pack and the windchimes, but I don't really use much else from it.)
  • Options
    Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    Favorite: Seasons, Pets, Get Together, Outdoor Retreat. This ones are my favorites :)

Like: Island, Spa, Vampires, City. I like this ones too, but they aren't my favorite

Least Favorite: Backyard, Patio Stuff. Honestly i almost never use the stuff packs
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    oh I didn't know this, could you explain a bit please?

Neighborhood action plans result from like, people voting on a plan through a mailbox. There are options to tweak around sure, but you don't realize how annoying the actions get until you've been in at least one of the worse ones.

Unfortunately, one of my first autonomous NAPs I've been subjected to was Sharing is Caring. Basically, it lets random townies be kleptomaniacs and they outright steal your objects from your lots. At first, I didn't know it was the NAP causing it, I thought it was the game bugging out and that my sinks and other objects were disappearing until I realized that NAP was in effect and people were in fact swiping my stuff. It severely messed around with my lot.

Another one was the Foodies Unite. It's a good NAP in theory until your Sims start spamming White Cakes and eating nothing but that. So I had to repeal it.

And finally, there was a NAP where every townie wore a bag on their head. Every single one of them. It was stupid.

At the very least, I did not get the Good Ol' Times (that one penalized you for electronics and I'm a radio person so I would have been 🐸🐸🐸🐸) or the Roughhousing Encouraged one (in theory, I should love that one because I LOVE the fight interaction but the problem is, your relationship with townies will STILL decrease so it's not integrated well at all).
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,141 Member
    I have all the Packs up to present except Bust the Dust.

My faves are:

EP
    Get Together
    Seasons
    Get Famous
    Island Living
    Snowy Escape

GP
    Outdoor Retreat
    Spa Day
    Vampires
    Jungle Adventure
    Realm of Magic

SP
    Spooky
    Romantic Garden
    Vintage Glamour
    Fitness
    Tiny Living
    Paranormal

My Meh are:

Eco Lifestyle
    Backyard
    Bowling
    My First Pet
    Moschino
    Parenthood
    Kids Room
    Toddlers

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I have all the packs besides JtB and the Throwback Fit and Country Kitchen kits.

My favourites are Eco Lifestyle, Island Living, Seasons, Realm of Magic, Vampires, Parenthood, Spa Day and Vintage Glamour.

My least favourites are Snowy Escape, Tiny Living, Cool Kitchen and Perfect Patio.

The others fall in the middle.
  • Options
    readerbug2readerbug2 Posts: 31 Member
    I have everything except Batuu (GP), Perfect Patio (SP), Fitness (SP), and the Throwback Fit (kit).

My favorites are...
    - Seasons (Weather! Holidays! CAS, BB, and gameplay is just vital)
    - Vampires (Amazing skill system, Great CAS & BB)
    - City Living (Apartments give variety, Good variety of CAS & BB, Festivals!)
    - Romantic Garden (I use those plants EVERYWHERE)

My least favorites are...
    - Discover University (I hate college gameplay but the BB and CAS are lovely)
    - Outdoor Retreat (so boring)
    - Dine Out (I hate running restaurants and rarely visit them because they're such a hassle, only like one hair and one outfit from this pack)
  • Options
    zheplayszheplays Posts: 24 Member
    I own everything barring Batuu and the kits. I refuse to buy the kits, it's a blatant and irritating money grab, and for that matter, so is Batuu.

My favorite packs are Realm of Magic, Paranormal, Tiny Living, and speaking strictly Build/Buy, StrangerVille.
    Least favorite would probably be Fitness Stuff, Get Famous, and Get to Work. I never use any of them for anything. Active careers are not interesting to me in the least. Frankly, I have no idea what I bought GTW for.

Notable middle level packs include Snowy Escape and Vampires.
    I use things from Snowy Escape constantly, love the world, but I don't really mess with its gameplay. Vampires is also nice, but the world's disappointingly small, and as nice as the BB style is, many of them are kind of niche. I generally don't use them for anything. Vampires themselves are nice enough, I like how the powers tree works, but the whole thirst thing is the #1 most grating gameplay mechanic to work with, is unbelievably repetitive and offers no variety, and without a mod requires an insane amount of packs or fruits to even fill the bar. (This is how my vampires end up slightly mean...)
    Find me on Tumblr and Instagram at zheplays !
    siempre bruja.
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    I have everything except Bust the Dust and Paranormal.

My least favorite pack is Strangerville. It wasn't interesting or fun to play. Although now that I have Bienchen's mod to disable the storyline, I expect to use the world more often.

My most favorite is Get Together. I love the clubs. I love Windenburg. I love the CAS and BB.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,977 Member
    I have all packs.

Cats and Dogs is my favorite.
    Vampires is my least favorite.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,010 Member
    I have all but one. I list my favorites based on how much I use parts of said packs in my gameplay.

My favorites,
    EP: Island Living (simply I love that world the most of all)
    GP: DO and Vampires (a tie, and thanks to mods, my restaurants are not buggy)
    SP: Tiny Living and Paranormal. (a tie again)

My least favorites:
    EP: University (simply because I cannot properly play it if playing rotations )
    GP: The one I do not have.. but of those what I do have, Spa Day.
    SP: My first pet
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    All but Star Wars, bust the dust and the clothing kit.

Favourites:-
    Ep- city living
    Gp- jungle adventure
    Sp- backyard with tiny living a very close second

Least favourites:-
    Ep- eco lifestyle
    Gp- vampires
    Sp- bowling
  • Options
    marissimmarissim Posts: 55 Member
    I own City Living, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Island Living, Get famous, Get to work, Realm of Magic, Vampires & Paranormal.

Favourites: Paranormal & Seasons. I think they are extremely well made.
    Least favourite: Island Living, Get famous. I wish I had informed myself better before purchasing those.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,140 Member
    I own all of the packs.

Favorites:

EP: Seasons, Get Together, Island Living, City Living

GP: Vampires, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood

SP: Moschino, Paranormal, Knitting, Laundry, Tiny Living

Least Favorites:

EP: University, Get Famous

GP: Journey to Batuu, Dine Out

SP: Luxury Party, My First Pet
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 447 Member
    edited May 2021
    I own them all. I just built a "stuff pack house" with 18 rooms and each was a different stuff pack. Toddler stuff was the worst. Paranormal and Patio were the best.

Also made a "game pack" house and JTB was the worst, Jungle Adventure and Parenthood were the best in term of building mode.

And made a expansion pack house. Island living made an amazing master bedroom. I could barely find any use for Get to Work

In terms of CAS, I tend to use Throwback Fitness Kit, City Living, Get Together, Eco Living, and Discover University the most. I never use Vintage Glamour and Luxury Party.

For game play, Paranormal is easily the best stuff pack. Dine Out and Jungle Adventure are my favorite game packs. And Eco Lifestyle, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work are the best for expansions.

Overall, the best pack/kit for its rank is: Paranormal, Jungle Adventures, Eco Lifestyle.

Worst are: Toddler Stuff, Journey to Batuu, and Get Famous.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,450 Member
    edited May 2021
    My absolute favourite is realm of magic. I absolutely love playing spellcasters and have magic in my game. Other must haves are get together, Seasons, jungle adventure, laundry stuff and strangerville.

My least favourite is get Famous. I don't like the world, I have the fame system disabled. This is the only one I regret buying. I could easily miss cats and dogs, city living, vampires (after we got RoM) , spa day, and at least half of the stuff packs. I just use some cas and BB of these packs but the gameplay isn't essential to my game.