Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moving the game from C to D

Shira3000Shira3000 Posts: 348 Member
Hey Guys!

I would like to know how can I move my whole game ti the D drive which is now located in the C drive.
I want because my C is running out of space (I have maybe 12GB left) and in my D I have like additional400GB so I can download more packs and cc etc.

Will it affect the running of the game? like lag or slowness?

I've seen many many guides and tried it some times but nothing worked properly. note that I also have tons of mods to move

If you can explain to me step by step or send me to a relevant guide I will be thankful

Thanks ! :)

Comments

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,790 Member
    You can right click on the game on Origin and click "Move Game". Then just choose its new location

If your C drive is an SSD and your D drive is a regular HDD, your might might have somewhat slower loading times
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    K_PlaysK_Plays Posts: 102 Member
    I've used the Origin Move Game tool to move my game to an external SSD. I don't have any issues with lag other than the issues I already had with lag! There are some files (maybe saves and mods?) that still appear to be saved on my primary hard drive, but the game itself and EPs/GPs/SPs are all on the external SSD.
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    And if you want to move your saves and mods to another drive, you have to move the whole Documents folder. I never did it, but here's the guide for Win 10 for example: https://www.dummies.com/computers/operating-systems/windows-10/how-to-change-the-location-of-user-folders-in-windows-10/
  • Options
    My C is a Local Disc and also my D is a Local Disc. It's just my C is the "Main" drive, I don't know how to call it - it has microsoft sign on it..
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,954 Member
    Shira3000 wrote: »
    My C is a Local Disc and also my D is a Local Disc. It's just my C is the "Main" drive, I don't know how to call it - it has microsoft sign on it..

That's fine, but as said above, if your D drive isn't an SSD and your C drive is, you may experience more lag/longer loading times.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Thank you, everyone, for the input on how to do this. I was curious as well.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    Thank you all. If I choose the "move game" where should I locate it? and do I need to do anything else besides the "Move game"?