Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Freezer Bunny Club - A Reading Circle

Comments

• Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @mercuryfoam

Hi, I finally have some down time so I'm able to answer some questions.
    Ch 9
    - What do you think of her actions to what she witnessed?
    - Did I handle this chapter appropriately? Was there enough to prepare the reader? What would you change?

I was worried about Athena from the moment she got involved. I was actually pretty peeved at Grim. I thought it was unprofessional and unwise of him to bring Athena to a scene like that. I know he hasn't had friends in awhile or ever possibly, but taking a young, impressionable girl to a horrible place no matter how much she begged or how hard he wanted to convince her that Curtis was not an okay upstanding guy was too far in my book.

The scenes themselves were gritty and ugly. I mean this in a good way. I like that you didn't sugarcoat details or keep back the slimy stuff. It made the "sell" of the seedy underbelly and organized crime more real. What happened to Athena was utterly devastating, but so plausible. That's what made it sting so much. She really walked right into a horrible mess of a world and experienced the absolute worst of humanity. I'm not at all saying she was at fault. No woman or girl ever asks for something like that. It was NOT her fault, nor Curtis', even though he blames himself.

I thought that you did a good job with the images rather than text. It made it easy to know exactly what was going on and witness the horrors nearly firsthand, even if I would've preferred text description to accompany it. I like that you're playing around with different styles of writing/storytelling. It's not my style, but it's effective and works for you and for the readers. I like that SimLit is opening me up to new ways of reading and understanding the world.

If you mean was there enough to prepare the reader in the spoiler tags, yes. I understand the necessity of spoiler tags. I use them myself. They are exactly what they say they are - spoilers, but that's okay. I think it's important to be respectful to the readers if I can. I don't necessarily need them and I think it would've been a smidge more shocking without them, but it's okay that you used them. You don't need my permission.
    Ch 10
    - What are your thoughts on Masato?
    - Has your impression of Curtis changed?
    - What do you think of Athena’s mental condition at this point?
    - What is your impression of Dew?
    - What do you think of the organisation of the chapters having two different povs?
    Masato is cold, manipulative, and in his mind, utterly rational. It's scary how rational and logical he is. How he can explain away what he is doing and it makes sense from his perspective and within the context of his world. He's protecting his assets and he thought in his weird, twisted way he was doing Curtis a favor. I know he didn't "plan" for what happened to Athena, but he set up all the pieces for the dominoes to fall and he didn't care if she got hurt or killed in the process. Athena is Curtis' weak link.

Yes, my impressions of Curtis have changed. Strangely, I view him as a scared little boy who has been hurt, abused, used, misunderstood, and manipulated into his position all because of something horrible, some atrocity or tragedy he witnessed and experienced that led him right into the den of the pond algae of the earth. I think he's been forced to put on this act and toughen up (and no one should have to toughen up that much) in order to get what he wants and to avoid being hurt by the people around him. He still has a soft heart though based on his reaction to what happened to Saanvi and now Athena. He wants to protect the "innocents." I do agree that he should've done a better job and distancing himself from Athena. He had plenty of opportunities and he squandered every one of them. Would she have listened? I don't think so, but he could've tried. That being said, it isn't his fault that Athena was hurt and used like she was.

Dew was... interesting. Manipulative woman, hmm? However, she strikes me as a product of her world, and a society that doesn't give two flying leaps about her. Like Curtis, I imagine she didn't readily "choose" this life because she wanted to, but probably because she felt she had to - that circumstances forced her into it. She is definitely more streetwise for that reason and she knows how to get what she wants/needs (to a point). She seemed to fail at that with Athena, but maybe she just didn't want to try that hard because Curtis is "one" of the best guys she knows, and she knows he deserves better. That's wild sub-conscious speculation on my part.

I didn't notice the POVs switching all that much, but I did appreciate the way you told the story. Sorry it's been a bit since I read so there's that.
    General
    1. What are your thoughts on the story? Likes/dislikes?
    2. What are your thoughts on the writing? Has there been any changes?
    3. I started exploring different mediums. What did you think of the picture sequence? Anything else about the comic?
    4. Is there anything I should know about but am unaware given the nature of the story? (Or anything else?)
    5. Any questions for me? I’m not sure if you want to ask my characters anything at this point, but that’s open too. :sweat_smile:
    I really appreciate that you don't shy away from difficult or taboo subjects. I know that writing some of these scenes couldn't have been easy, mostly because I've written some like them myself. It's never easy, but I do think it's important that we don't sugarcoat the nastiness of life. The more we talk about it, the more we say "this is NOT okay," the more people will listen (at least that's my hope) and take steps to change and improve society and the way we think/feel/act. Even in SimLit, in a world that's typically happy and bubbly, I think these kinds of topics have an appropriate place and time.

I knew going into your story that things would get dark and grim (haha... see what I did there). I really admire you for your bravery in broaching a heavy subject. I've done it too in some of my stories and I can empathize with how hard it is to write those kinds of scenes. I have struggled and wrestled with a subject, written and rewritten and rewritten scenes again and again to get them right, and wondered if it was too dark, too deep, too heavy, or too difficult for my readers to consume and swallow. I wondered if I would lose readers because of the complexity of the problems presented, but I decided to go ahead and write the story I wanted to write and my Sims were telling me to because it was a story that needed to be heard.

Too often victims are forced to stay silent, or feel like they have to stay silent, or within a cone of shame. That's not okay. True. Everyone processes their grief and their tragedies and their pain and experiences in their own way. However, others around them should not shame or quiet them or make them believe that they cannot open up and share. In fact, in the opening and sharing part is much needed healing often times. I hope beyond hope that Athena gets the help she needs to process what happened to her, to grieve as she needs to, that no one tells her what she should feel or how quickly she should move on, but offers support and comfort and a listening ear if she wants to speak. I also hope that Curtis gets some help too because he's pretty messed up himself and he's feeling survivor's guilt here in a way, and that's not healthy. His whole lifestyle isn't healthy.

I really like how you've tried different ways of telling the story. I've done that too, and I feel like it turns out disastrous. Haha. For me, at least. I kinda want to go back and rewrite some of my stories, but I'm resisting the urge on a few that is. I think it's brave to try different mediums and it really showcases your creativity. I loved the comic - Fisheye - was probably one of my favorite chapters. I hope we see more like it. I was impressed by your ingenuity and how much time it must have taken to complete the poses and CC and set-up in game and then all the time it took to complete the comic and writing itself.

Questions for you... since I'm thinking of it... on that particular chapter, did you write the comic text first or screenshot/game first?
    How did you prepare yourself to write/capture difficult story material? (I would be more specific, but it's the forums, so hopefully it makes sense even if I'm being vague.)
    What inspires you as a writer and a reader?
    How do you feel you've grown or improved as writer?

Thank you for writing this beautiful, raw and difficult story. I am enjoying the unveiling and unraveling of everything happening around Athena and Curtis. I'm invested in their stories, in their pain, in their happiness, and in their, hopeful, redemption and healing. I'm looking forward to seeing where you go from here, @mercuryfoam.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    @ajamkeevin Finally getting around to answering your questions too. I had already read almost all the chapters so I'm going to answer those first.
    ajamkeevin wrote: »

Episode 6 + Charlee's Dream
    • What did you think about the guests/challenge? Did you have a favorite guest? (Manon, Aurora, Qykoz, Patricio, and Dr. Kim were the guests.)
    • What do you think about Jessie working with the producers to plan the challenge?
    • Were you satisfied with the elimination or did you want the eliminee to stay?
    • What did you think about Charlee's bonus episode? Was it too risqué? :flushed:
    The guests challenge really threw me for a loop. And it was all Jessie's idea. I didn't think the girl had it in her. Hmm... favorite guest. I didn't like Manon. I didn't trust Aurora. I was worried Qykoz would mess things up for Matthison. I never liked Patricio and I think Enca is better than him. So I guess I'll have to say Dr. Kim because his relationship with Kyungri is mysterious and strange but funny.

I thought Jessie's idea showed initiative. It was brave and gutsy especially because of the potential backlash for herself if her housemates found out. It helped define Jessie for me because I realized she did it all in good fun and clean competition, especially since the girl struck me as a bit of a wallflower for awhile and did little to stand out.

I was very satisfied with the elimination. Charlee really messed things up for herself and she got what she deserved. Honestly, I'm surprised someone as manipulative and backstabbing and petty as her lasted this long, but that's drama and that's reality TV for ya! ;)

Her opening monologue in her bonus chapter seemed almost like she was trying to convince herself and not the audience/readers. I want to give her the benefit of the doubt and believe in humanity, but I never liked Charlee and I don't think I ever will.

And just finished the full chapter. Yeah, it was a bit... something. I think this was just some weird twisted fantasy, but I could be wrong. Kyungri did not seem like the type for something like this, and she didn't seem to have much to gain from something like this... other than watching her enemy wither beneath her touch. Can I just add it felt way outta left field. Like where? What? There wasn't any lead up. No hints of attraction between either woman whatsoever... or if it was, I missed it completely. It wasn't my fave chapter and it didn't hit my threshold, but it was well written and confusing simultaneously, bringing up loads of questions. Does Kyungri have an equally hot fembot twin? :wink: Or is this just a deep dark secret fantasy for Charlee?
    Episode 7
    • We get a peek into a lot of the relationships between the housemates this episode, instead of high-stakes drama. Do you like the more laid-back vibe of this episode?
    • I know the challenge was kind of boring, but did you like pictures/ads?
    • Matthison has some competition! What do you think of Louise revealing her crush to Gabriel?
    • What did you think of Enca revealing a twist at the elimination ceremony?
    I remember being worried about Harrison and Matthieu kind-of neglecting everyone and everything else. I also recall feeling icky about Gabriel's situation with his wife. It's not my thing so my own prejudice is biasing me, but I'm still not very happy with him.

I was worried about Louise after revealing her crush on Gabriel. A married man... marriage open or not... I think Louise deserves better. She's young, and I presume she doesn't have a ton of relationship experience so that concerns me. Also her motives for being on the show are even more in question now. I get that she didn't expect to fall for someone like her dad did, but still. It doesn't sit right with me. I am protective of Louise for some reason. Haha. More so than Gabriel was "protective" of Todd, and I just want her to be happy and to have a chance at a good solid relationship. I guess I have to wait and see.

I didn't think the challenge was boring at all. In fact, I thought it fit well with the show, and seems like something this kind of show would do for one of its challenges. I actually really liked the photo shoot - billboard. Personally, I loved the perfume ad. I thought it said a lot about the contestants personalities and what they were willing to try.

Louise surprised me and I thought she killed it with her look.

I also liked Enca's, Enzo's, and Matthieu's ad for different reasons. I thought it was understated and classy, even though Enca and Matthieu have been kinda slipping to the background for a little while now.

Kyungri's, Gabriel's, and Marjan's was a little much for me. I totally get that certain kind of thing (this is hard to say on the forums :sweat_smile: ) sells but I don't like Marjan and she's a bit wooden for me, and Gabriel annoys me for personal reasons. It was hot, but I was over it in a hot minute.

Which one would actually catch my attention if I drove past on a billboard? The last one would, but still it feels sleazy, not s... I think you know what I'm going to write here. I'm pretty sure if I write the actual word, I might end up with flowers there. :wink: In my opinion, Team Cool felt the most relatable (even though I'd love to say that I'm classy like Enca can pull off classy). :tongue:

I am proud of Enca. I didn't like her at first, but her transformation over the last few chapters made me like her even more. She has matured in my eyes, and she's learned a lot about herself and others in the process. I think she was very brave for her choice, and I commend her for it. Class act that Enca. Even if that's not what the viewers were looking for - she will always be aces in my book. I don't think she even needs this competition anymore. She is in a class all her own. Her sacrifice was admirable, and knowing she comes back later, makes this all the more sweet!

Okay, I'll get to more questions later. Just wanted to try and knock a few outta the park.
    Post edited by AdamsEve1231 on

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words. I'm sick again this week. I swear. My immune system hates me. Okay, slowly trying to catch up here and with work. It's been a challenge, but I want you to know that I love all your stories for different reasons and it doesn't feel like work here. It's just a matter of putting all my million and one thoughts into words. Haha. <3

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Episode 8 + Matthison's Paradise + Louise's Nightmare
    • We're at an overseas destination! Do you like the change of setting?
    • Did you like the challenge? Eight guests is a LOT, but do you think the pairings were good or at least fun to read about?
    • Marjan has been dropping hints here and there about her story, but what do you think of the introduction of Cielo into the mystery? Do you feel angry at Marjan for using her super-nomination power to place Enzo in the bottom, which led to his elimination?
    • Two relationship questions: what do you think of Matthieu being jealous of Russ? And, do you think Louise should have kissed Branden?
    • Did you like the bonus episodes? The first revealed a few details about Matthison but was mostly just some good fun, as was the second one about Louise.
    It was fun to have a change of scenery... literally. Sulani is breathtaking and the perfect site for a tv show like this.

I kept wondering about the guests, and if there was something hinky about them.

I didn't trust Cielo. Sisters of the crazy cult...yeah I'm sticking to that theory.

I thought Ayaka might be part of the crew.

I liked Louise's date.. opps, I mean partner. :wink: Jessie and Perry were cute.

I kinda hope Enzo gets that sweet deal for a movie. He deserves that.

Marjan's line about birds was funny. Do you actually own birds? :lol: Sometimes, I gotta hand it to her. She has some funny outta-left-field lines. :tongue:

I thought certain folks could try harder and wow did some of them ever screw up! Kyungri... woman! How'd you get a 0?

Enzo didn't deserve to be at the bottom. I felt like (now that I know more details) whoever or whatever is controlling her wanted to distance her from someone who was kind and who might be a friendly shoulder to lean on. Like they wanted to keep her strangely isolated. I'm still not sure I understand all that's going on, but I really continued to dislike Marjan all through this segment, especially when she super nominated a really nice guy. I was so ticked and peeved and beyond (an appropriate word here on the forums) about her at this point.

Matthieu's jealousy of Russ didn't seem out of place, but it did feel out of line, given his back story. I feel like the producers definitely introduced Russ just to cause some drama. I'm glad Matthison weathered that storm, but I actually did like Russ. It was nice to see some friendly competition. If they wanted drama, they should've sent a hot guy instead of Lara for Matthieu. :wink::open_mouth::blush:

I was indifferent to Louise's kiss. I thought it was sweet and nice. I liked Branden, but I wasn't totally sold on him. However, I did see him as a better more viable choice than Gabriel.

Matthison's Paradise was a bit of fun. I'm honestly over them. *gasp* I know. I just really like the women on this season better. Over Charlee? Yes. I'd pick Matthieu or Harrison, but honestly, I don't think either have what it takes to win. I've liked Kyungri, China (grew on me), Enca, and Jessie and now Louise. All of them have what it takes in my opinion. Okay, maybe not Jessie. She slid back a bit. Sidetracked. Back on the topic... I really liked Louise's Nightmare. It was funny. You go get 'em, Louise! They deserve that. Stand up and be strong, woman!

Episode 9 + Enca's Choice
    • Were you happy to see the eliminated contestants return and get the spotlight once again? What do you think of their interactions once they got back? (The various fights at the cocktail party, Enca forgiving Patricio, China and Gabriel, etc.)
    • The roast was long and kind of rough, but did you generally like it? Who was your favorite?
    • Are you happy with the returning contestant, or do you wish someone else had returned?
    • Did the elimination shock you? How do you feel about who went home?
    • In Enca's bonus episode, she tries to come to terms with the fact that she wants to be with Patricio even though she knows it's risky. What did you think of the episode and of her choosing to follow her heart?
    It was fun to see eliminated contestants return, and to see the reunion of some of the pairings. All the drama felt so staged, but also somehow fitting for the personalities, particularly Charlee and Todd.

I wasn't thrilled with Enca forgiving Patricio. I still think he's a player and that he deserves to be bumped off the playing field. Enca deserves better in my opinion. But I also understand how it's easy to fall back into old and familiar patterns. If a person was there for you in a certain point in your life and made a positive impact, however brief, it is easy to see why you'd want to forgive them and trust them again. Even though I don't think Patricio is trustworthy, I do hope for the best for those two. I hope he doesn't prove me wrong.

China and Gabriel surprised me, but China was as classy as ever here. I actually think she redeemed herself some in my eyes. And she was refreshingly honest with Gabriel and that was something that has been sorely lacking up to this point.

Enca as judge was my favorite part of this whole episode. She even dressed the part of executioner and I thought that was funny and surprising. Enzo was a disappointment here. :/ As was Jessie. Patricio was so unsurprisingly flat. He didn't even try. Kyungri was on fire! I really loved her retorts. And no, Charlee, no one missed you. Marjan was a bit... funny. China really held her own in the "roasting" and she had some witty comebacks, but she dumped on the lovable fan favorite (and while I've said I'm kinda over Matthison as they don't hold it for me anymore, I think she took it a bit far). However, of the group, she definitely deserved to return to the series, even though I was sad about Jessie leaving.

Double elimination... actually, it makes sense. Was I shocked? No, but I was surprised. Matthieu was falling flat in my opinion for awhile so I was okay with him leaving. I felt like we were just getting to see how competitive Jessie could be, but she wasn't quite cutting it so I don't blame the voters/viewers for that elimination.

Technical + Writing
    • I got rid of the regular nomination segments starting in Episode 6 since I thought they dragged on a little too long. Do you think this was a good choice or did you like this section?
    • In Episode 8, I upped the visual quality of my game so the screenshots are sharper, and I gave a final glow-up to the headshots, icons, confessional images, etc. Is it noticeable?
    • I switch up the writing style in the bonus episodes in order to give a different look into the characters' lives. Do you like this?
    I liked the nomination sequences. I felt like it was fun to get inside the characters' heads and see who they were rooting for and who they were against and why. Not like they always explained why. I wouldn't have minded extra chapters just to keep the nominations in. The super nomination was genius! Gold! Like I was shocked and so plum frustrated at Marjan for earning that role, but it made for amazing fodder for drama.

Your visuals are stunning. So believable as a reality TV show and I love it. I never paid that close of attention to images before participating in this reading circle and I think everyone has their own unique strengths when it comes to pictures. I feel like mine fall miserably short. Heh... I didn't retake screenies for my story rewrite and now maybe I should have. I digress. I liked the glow. Also it felt very island-y to me and that was fitting as they were on an island.

I don't mind the switch up in writing styles for the shorts. Each one has been a bit different and intriguing in their own ways. I liked how the characters were able to justify or humanize themselves through the storytelling. I liked peering behind the curtain on their personal lives in a way we couldn't quite see on a reality TV show. They felt a bit more real when the cameras weren't rolling, with the exception of the TV plots that Kyungri and Harrison wrote. Louise's was surprisingly moving, and I disagreed with the judges and I really liked how it felt raw and real, and didn't feel forced or fake. Harrison's fell short for me, and felt shallow and petty. Kyungri's was a bit of a yawn.

I do have a lot of "despise" for the Sim called Marjan. I don't know why I really disliked her from the start. I feel like I owe her an explanation and probably should cut her some slack, but I don't know how to explain why she rubbed me the wrong way and I don't feel sympathetic toward her. It's funny. Charlee is the villainess as everyone painted her to be, but Marjan struck me as someone who was a master manipulator, even more so than Charlee. However... I'll say more below. Yes, surprise! Surprise! I've had a bit of change of heart.
    General + Arc 2 Story Questions
    • I consider that each housemate has at least one major thing happening in their storylines in this section. What is your favorite storyline so far?
    • Marjan has been slowly revealing vague details about what's really going on with her. What do you think of her character at this point?
    • Has your favorite character remained the same, or has it changed? Why?
    • Do you have any predictions at this point? Did some of the ones from last time come true?
    • Do you have any questions for me or the characters? I'd love to do more confessional-style answers from my characters if you have any questions!
    My favorite storyline? Honestly, Louise. I've fallen in love with her character. You've done such a fantastic job of creating a stellar cast of believable flawed humans who would star on a reality TV series. They are all unique and stand out. They're not one note. Not even Patricio. Okay, maybe a smidge. But even he surprised me when he and Enca made up. I've loved watching Louise's evolution from an angry girl to a beautiful, strong, confident woman who knows what she wants and isn't afraid to hold back. When she kissed Gabriel while he was explaining things to her, I melted. Okay, you win, Louise. If he makes you happy... :smiley: I disagree with the judges. I liked her pilot. (I'd probably watch Marjan's more if I was being honest with myself BUT.... Louise's story was feel-good without being sugary sweet or forced.) I could actually see a series about people who reunite after brokenness like this, not just a show about Louise's family and their recovery, although I'd be curious to see what happens with Louise and Gabriel.

Marjan... Marjan... Marjan... okay. Prepare for some big words... and a change of heart. Marjan's TV pilot hit it outta the park for me. I've been waiting to see this other side of her and as much venom as I've built up for her, I really liked her story. I feel like if I had been introduced to this Marjan in the beginning then I would've really liked her and even sympathized with her. Now, it feels hollow, mostly because I predicted some things that came true, and mostly because I feel "forced" to like her. No, no, you did a great job! I am feeling a little guilty here. :sweat_smile:

Okay, do not get me wrong at all. It was well written, poignant, something sinister lurking beneath, more questions and not all the answers making me crave more, entertaining. It felt like the plot of a serial thriller and a winner at that. I'd watch that show. I'd want to know what happens. I want to root for Marjan and hope she is reunited with her son. I would ache with her over the loss and separation.

If only I liked her better from the start, I'd feel better about things now. I hope my opinion might change. I'd be fascinated to see her story play out so if you decide to write it, I would love to read it. I might even go back and reread this whole season just to see if I can sympathize with Marjan better. That's how much I want to like her now. Well done. I'm impressed.

Predictions... predictions...

I hope Louise and Gabriel do get to travel and be happy together. Honestly, I think Louise will be happy even if she doesn't win this. However, I do think she deserves to win.

I imagine some drama with Manon... maybe. I don't think she's as chill about her husband "leaving her" as she seems to be. Especially since she totally put Charlee in her place earlier and gave Charlee a much-deserved verbal slap. And her cold expression and balled fists kinda give that one away too.

I think Marjan will experience some backlash from revealing all in her TV pilot. I also hope she finds some resolution and is able to reunite with her son. Yes, *gasp* I do wish her well.

Harrison... you've disappointed me. I don't know when or where it happened, but he and Matthieu fell out of favor with me. Maybe it was how hard they went at each other and then kinda ignored the challenge and skated along as the token fan favorite just because of their cuteness. His pilot was disappointing, lackluster, and frankly felt beneath him. Okay, season 3 spoilers... really, should've focused on that, Harrison, my man. I wanna like you, but I don't think you have what it takes to win. And be happy with your consolation prize, Matthieu. He ain't half bad. :wink:

I think Kyungri, despite her semi-boring family story (which I did really like, but not as a TV show), is the real winner here, but we'll see what happens. She has consistently shown the drive and determination to win, and she's never lied about who or what she is and what she wants in life. Plus she's been nice to the other housemates who deserve it and I see her motherly coaching of them as a positive thing. (I honestly forgot she was a mom)! Oh and she does need to have a talk with her kids though about boundaries... because siblings... squick! :grimace:

Questions? Do I ever have questions? Haha.

Okay, for you, dear writer, @ajamkeevin! How do you come up with such unique characters? Do you have a favorite character? What inspires you to write? What has surprised you in writing this season of Kev&Get It? How do you feel you've grown as a writer?

And now for the characters...
    Kyungri - tell us how you met Dr. Kim and what attracted you to him? (I feel like we only got a glimpse).
    Dr. Kim - what do you love about Kyungri? How do you feel about the family arrangement?
    Harrison - what is the first thing you want to do with Matthieu after you're reunited? (and it's okay if it's hot and steamy)... inquiring minds want to know. :blush:
    Gabriel - what about Louise made you change your mind about your open marriage? How do you feel about the future with Louise in it? Do you feel things will be different this time - in your new relationship than previous relationships?
    Louise - do you feel closure now that you've met up with your father again? How do you feel about the future of your parents' marriage? Do you think it can be saved? What are your hopes for your future with Gabriel?
    Marjan - do you feel relieved now that you've shared your story with the world? Are you hoping for a series to "tell" your story (because I am!)

...for the first time, I'm actually excited about you, Marjan.

I know I'm way late on these answers so don't feel like you have to answer them all, or the questions in confessional format. I'm hopelessly behind on my own. :tired_face: I have loved reading and catching up with your work again, @ajamkeevin. I look forward to more and can't wait for the finale! :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Ooo... @ajamkeevin... also...
    Saw something about "The Jeffersons" over on your blog. And China? Does that mean we're getting another spinoff with this radiant, sassy, confident woman and her family?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Okay so sorry it's taken this long. After screenshotting the questions, I started editing the writing and got carried away. Haha. I would've posted here, but it was too long. Here are cast responses to the questions @ajamkeevin and @mercuryfoam asked about KCLKF. However, I mentioned everyone's stories in this reading circle (including @_sims_Yimi, @Skeilah, and @Duvelina) somewhere in the story.

Cast members Gage Briody, Davis Lamar, Ayesha Ansari, Andromeda and Carina Fullbright, Clark Sauer, Amy Rivieria, and leading lady, Kassiopeia Fullbright, herself, answer questions asked by none other than yours truly (my TS3 Simselfie). ;)

Buckle up for your burning questions answered (through Arc 12) and my sad attempts at humor. *face palm*

Hope you enjoy!

screenshot-2.jpg?w=474&h=356
    A Visit to Sunset Valley: Questions from the Fans

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 I love that! And that you asked your sister who she found attractive in my story. :D

The questions from Mercuryfoam for Kass were my questions, actually!
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Duvelina wrote: »
    @AdamsEve1231 I love that! And that you asked your sister who she found attractive in my story. :D

The questions from Mercuryfoam for Kass were my questions, actually!

Oh no. I'm so sorry. Wait... thaaaaat second question is yours. I'll edit it. :#

Okay, fixed it. I don't know if it'll show up in the Reader correctly but it should in the browser. WordPress is weird like that.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Ahhhh, that was nice to read, @AdamsEve1231. Also, I hope you feel better! You're not really lucky these days, are you...? But no worries, it can only get better afterwards!! <3

I took a week off and it felt so good! Tomorrow school will start again but I have only 1 lesson this week HAHAHAH. And it's an online one... What a fun last year this is going to be...

Tomorrow I'll upload the rest of Generation 1 and then Liz will be done, giving Oliver the house! I started Generation 1 in the end of May... Publishing Generation 1 took me 4 months wow, and there are 20 Generations in total. This is going to take a long time xD But I'm ready for it!

How are you all doing? Enjoyed the week of silence?
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • Options
    @Skeilah I did actually. It's nice to have a break from answering questions! I'm also super busy with college work so it's harder than expected.
  • Options
    Also, I guess it's my turn again now, right?
  • Options
    Skeilah wrote: »
    Also, I guess it's my turn again now, right?

Yes!
  • Options
    _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,753 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 I loved your interview with the cast! I hope you're feeling a bit better again, too. How is your health doing?

@Skeilah yup, it's your turn, I believe. We're back at week 1! :mrgreen:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm tired today. Like I couldn't sleep last night. It was very annoying. Otherwise I'm okay.

Finally got TS3 to work only to have TS4 quit on me. I thought I backed up my saves, but apparently I didn't save all of them so I'm missing my most recent games (that I spent months working on). :confounded: I did manage to salvage most of my tray and mods, but I'm really discouraged.

I'm looking forward to reading @Skeilah's Ridley Residence this week. Congrats on near completion of Liz's story.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Okay, I left off at 1.31 last time. For this week, we'll do 1.32 till the end (1.52)! I still need to make the questions but I'll make sure you all have them by tomorrow :)
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm tired today. Like I couldn't sleep last night. It was very annoying. Otherwise I'm okay.

Finally got TS3 to work only to have TS4 quit on me. I thought I backed up my saves, but apparently I didn't save all of them so I'm missing my most recent games (that I spent months working on). :confounded: I did manage to salvage most of my tray and mods, but I'm really discouraged.

Aw man... That's so sad. I get why you're discouraged, but I'm glad to read you managed to salvaged the most and that TS3 works again!
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Once again, I'm not really good with organizing things, but MOST of them follow the story :D

Chapter 1.32
    1. The first episode (1.32) is immediately a sad one: Ninja passes away, and that on Alison’s birthday! How did you take that?

2. Were the ‘big red letters’ annoying to you?

3. Alison and Antonio as teenagers: how do you think they turned out? The only thing I really changed is the hairstyle and clothes. I don’t touch anything else.

Chapter 1.33
    4. Ella finally opens up a little in 1.33. Did you think this is a good thing? Should she do this more often? (probably not happening, but hey, you can have expectations)

5. I only realized it afterwards, but Brent really is topless A LOT XD Did that bother you?

Chapter 1.34
    6. Did you like Alison’s first date with Antonio?

7. I decided to add Liz her mom in the story. What did you think of that?

Chapter 1.35
    8. I had some struggles to make a story when Alison suddenly got into a phase. Did I handle it well?

9. Ella and Levi age up! Did they turn out good or bad for you?

10. Do you think Brent was bullying Levi too much when they met each other?

Chapter 1.36
    11. Alison and her puberty-moments are getting worse. Do you think Brent was doing the right thing the next morning after Alison snuck out to party with Antonio?

Chapter 1.37
    12. After everything that happened between Dulce and Oliver, Dulce still decided to visit Oliver once again! Do you think they are a good match?

Chapter 1.39
    13. After a lot of muscular Liz episodes, we sadly have to say goodbye to that because she may have an addiction to eating cakes. What do you think about that? Is she too obsessed at this moment or is it just Liz? Do you think she had to put in more effort?

14. Oliver and Dulce aged up! What do you think of them?

15. Dulce and Oliver still have some struggles with Dulce’s dad, but I don’t really talk about it much because I want it to be some kind of mystery. Does that bother you? What do you think about Dulce’s dad who’s in the picture but never shown?

Overall question
    16. What do you think of Alison, Ella and Oliver’s relationship? Do they seem like good siblings to each other or do you think something else when you see them next to each other in conversations?

Chapter 1.40
    17. After becoming cake-addicted, Liz seems to really lose it. She’s quite absent. What where your thoughts here? Is Brent taking the situation well? Do you think he’s trying to find out what is wrong with Liz, helping her, …?

Overall question
    18. Now that you’ve seen Levi and Dulce more… What do you think of them now?

Chapter 1.42
    19. Suddenly in 1.42, there’s a piano in the middle of the living room. I had some struggles with it and for the entire time it stood there, I was asking myself if that was a good choice or not. Was the piano bothering? XD Or worse: the plants in the living room (1.46)??? XD

20. Dulce asks Oliver out to the Romance Festival! After all these episodes of uncertainty, they finally get it together! They don’t really have.. Answers about the dad part, but at least their feelings for each other are on the table. What did you think here?

Chapter 1.44
    21. In 1.44 I tried a few panels in manga-style. I actually had fun with it, but how was it for you? Did you like it? Or do you like the previous way of writing more? Should I combine them more often in generation 2?

22. Did you like Ninja returning in the family? (He’ll stay there as a ghost for the whole challenge, so you better be happy with it :p)

23. THE RESTAURANT OPENS! What were your thoughts here? How does it look for you? What do you think of the team (Mizuki, Dylan and Marco)?

Chapter 1.45
    24. In the first generation I sometimes post updates about Brant. In other generations I will post updates about Alison and Ella. Do you like those updates? Do you think you’ll like them more with Alison and Ella than with Brant?

25. What do you think of the Ridley Restaurant Logo? :D

26. I tried a lot of strategies to run the restaurant. How clumsy was it? Was it fun to read about my clumsiness when I’m trying to find out a ‘new’ (for me) aspect of the game? Or would you rather just stay with the story-part?

Chapter 1.46
    27. The first floor got a massive make-over in 1.46. What do you think of it?

28. What do you think of Julia and Cassandra, the new team members in the restaurant? You can read further first and then make your assumptions. What do you think of the team in general? Is it a good team?

Chapter 1.49
    29. Oliver and Dulce keep getting closer and closer. They even are having secret meetings at home when Liz and Brent are working! Or yeah, secret… They both seem to know already. Are you ready for Oliver and Dulce to take over???? Or more important… Are you ready to say goodbye to Liz, to see her less often…? Will you miss her? And Brent?

Overall question
    30. Do you think Alison and Ella show up enough after they moved out?

Chapter 1.51
    31. Oliver and Dulce got an actual wedding! Did you like that? I’m not going to give weddings for non-heirs, but I will go through the trouble with heirs.

Overall question
    32. To end, you may ask questions to everyone you like (even my Simself), but I won’t have pictures of everyone because ehmmm… I forgot to upload everyone but Liz in my library :D I’m so sorry. I can try to recreate them because I do have Brent and Liz, but I have no idea how I’m going to make Antonio, Levi or Dulce. I’m so stupid sometimes, forgetting these things xD
    Post edited by Skeilah on
  • Options
    First 5 Questions
    1. The first episode (1.32) is immediately a sad one: Ninja passes away, and that on Alison’s birthday! How did you take that?

That feels like such a long time ago! It's sad that it happened on Alison's birthday, but I wasn't too attached to Ninja myself. I do think it was cute to see him show up a ghost again though.

No, not at all. But I didn't need them either!
    3. Alison and Antonio as teenagers: how do you think they turned out? The only thing I really changed is the hairstyle and clothes. I don’t touch anything else.

No really big opinions here. I think Alison looks pretty, although I think she inherited Brent's generic face. I like Liz's face a lot so it would have been fun if she looked like more of a mix.
    4. Ella finally opens up a little in 1.33. Did you think this is a good thing? Should she do this more often? (probably not happening, but hey, you can have expectations)

I thought it was good of Ella to open up about her feelings. It's sad we'll never know how she feels about it now. Did she grow out of those feelings or does she still feel somewhat lonely?
    5. I only realized it afterwards, but Brent really is topless A LOT XD Did that bother you?

Haha! I hadn't really noticed, but you did mention it a few times. Since his sleepwear is without a shirt, I just assume he's bumming around a lot. 😂
  • Options
    @Skeilah I'm getting a jump start on some of the questions.

Noooo Ninja! Such an integral part of the family. In addition to being Alison's special day, it was equally sad that Liz called him to a meal. R.I.P. Ninja.

Do you mean the spoiler tags? I didn't need them but it's fine that you added them.

I love that Alison inherited her mom's red hair. :) Antonio is cute. The way he asked Alison out on their first date was adorable. Though it was hilarious that he picked her up on his bike in the heavy snow in winter. :lol:

It was nice to see Ella open up and share how she feels with her brother. In typical middle child fashion, she doesn't want to be left behind. It definitely showcased her personality some more. If it happens naturally in story, then I'd love to read more.

Why should that bother me? :wink: No, seriously, I'd imagine it would bother him when it's like 10 degrees outside. Haha.
    6. Did you like Alison’s first date with Antonio?

Awww... yes. It was cute that Alison kissed Antonio first after he said she looked adorable. Spice Festival is a good first date. I'm glad they didn't freeze too.
    It was lovely to see some backstory. And she inherited her red hair from her mom. Yay! I hope red hair stays in the family. The pictures were so sweet. It was sad that Liz lost both of her parents so young but she became a strong, self-sufficient young woman. I like that her mom inspired her to become the Ridley founder.
    8. I had some struggles to make a story when Alison suddenly got into a phase. Did I handle it well?
    Teen phases annoy me in game. Haha. I know they are supposed to add realism but they feel weirdly forced, they don't really start with any rhyme or reason and end just as quickly. If they affected personality more, it would make more sense. I guess it's up to the gamer/ writer to interpret them. All that said... you did a good job. I guess teens (or adults) can be moody for no good reason. I did think it was funny that Ella and Oliver talk about it and hope they don't end up that way as teens. Haha.

Ella is a beautiful teen. I love her curly hair. It was pretty funny that she called Levi on her birthday and then went to bed. :lol Okay, Ella, one track mind much? Forgot all about the guy you invited. Levi seems nice though. Oliver was such a cutie as a kid. And then those eyebrows! :grimace: Oh well. I'm looking forward to his story as heir. I like that you gave him headphones as it is fitting for his aspiration.
    Naw. He seemed like a typical dad, just looking out for his daughter. I didn't think it was bullying. Just a little friendly teasing.

This was fun! I had to go back and refresh my memory on a few things. I know this is a question later on (the last one, I think) but I'll ask here. How does it feel to be close to done/ done with Gen 1? What was your favorite part about writing Liz? What would you say is your highlight of Gen 1?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @AdamsEve1231 It feels a little weird, but I'm so happy to begin with Generation 2 and find out about Oliver and Dulce's future. and the next heir of course :#

I have a lot of favorite parts! But I really liked it when Liz went from gloomy to smiling after eating something delicious or making something. Also I'll remember Muscular Liz FOREVER. It all started with a mistake from my side (because I used the wrong fitness stuff) but I had fun writing about it.
  • Options
    Could you maybe mention the chapters with the relevant questions? It's been so long since I read certain parts, I want to look back to answer the questions properly but I'm having a hard time searching through everything.

Questions 6-10
    Did you like Alison’s first date with Antonio?

I thought it was super cute how awkwardly Antonio asked Alison on a date. Alison is very straight-forward in comparison. It's a nice contrast. So yeah, I like them together and I thought it was good first date.

It was so unexpected, but I LOVE that you gave Liz a bit of a backstory. I'd love to do that with my own characters someday. You made me realise how fun it is to find out more about where a character came from.

I totally get that. I honestly have those same struggles when a holiday pops up again and I was planning on working on something else but I work with it anyway. I've never been quite in the same boat as Alison, but I definitely know there are teenagers out there who have a severe obsession with what other people think of them. I'm glad it's a mood swing and not permanent. 😬 I think it wasn't talked about too much, so it's hard to say how I think you dealt with it. I did think it was funny her siblings were talking about it. If only they knew!

Levi is definitely meh for me, but Ella is pretty! I like her curly hair and the lower part of her face looks more like Liz. She's a good mix of both of her parents.

I don't think so. I think Brent reacted exactly the way I was predicting he would react which is a good thing. He's such a protective father and it shows.
  • Options
    @Duvelina I edited my post with questions. Is it better that way?
  • Options
    @Duvelina I edited my post with questions. Is it better that way?

Thank you so much!
  • Options
    _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,753 Member
    Woops, I’m behind! It’s been a week. Did you know that searching the deep woods for nuts and leaves like some deranged, compulsive squirrel is actually kinda fun? :D

Chapter 1.32
    Poor pupper T.T seeing pets pass away is always sad. Super dramatic on someone's birthday, too. I loved the little Ninja shrine you made, though! And -spoilers- ---- ---- he comes back later as an awesome ghost pupper!

Not at all. They’re a good warning to those who can’t handle pet death. I use disclaimers, too.

I like them! Alison got some pretty cute looks from her mom and dad. I wonder what their children will look like in the future, if they end up having children. It's interesting how you keep much of their looks the way they are when they age up. Leaves more to surprise, so I like it.

Chapter 1.33

Any chapter that explores Ella’s head and gets her to open up is a good chapter! Ella’s my favourite, but I think you already knew that.

Noooooope. =3 Adult Brent is total eye candy. You won't hear me complain about topless Brent, nope, nope!
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • Options
    Questions 11-15
    11. Alison and her puberty-moments are getting worse. Do you think Brent was doing the right thing the next morning after Alison snuck out to party with Antonio?

It was Brent's time to shine. 😂 Great approach to parenting. I think he handled the conversation well, although he shouldn't have kept it from Liz. She had a right to know too.
    12. After everything that happened between Dulce and Oliver, Dulce still decided to visit Oliver once again! Do you think they are a good match?

Dulce seems to be very mature for her age and Oliver isn't, really. I think they could make a good match. Dulce seems to have a lot of patience and understanding.
    13. After a lot of muscular Liz episodes, we sadly have to say goodbye to that because she may have an addiction to eating cakes. What do you think about that? Is she too obsessed at this moment or is it just Liz? Do you think she had to put in more effort?

Since muscular Liz was a mistake anyway, I'm fine with her looking less like a bodybuilder. It seems to be more in character for her to have some more weight, especially with the amount of food she eats.
    14. Oliver and Dulce aged up! What do you think of them?

Oliver looks interesting. His face gives me this dumb/naughty impression, hahaha. Dulce is gorgeous!
    15. Dulce and Oliver still have some struggles with Dulce’s dad, but I don’t really talk about it much because I want it to be some kind of mystery. Does that bother you? What do you think about Dulce’s dad who’s in the picture but never shown?

Ah, I'm glad you said that. I was worried Dulce's dad would completely disappear out of the picture, but you're saying it's a mystery and will come back into play at some point? Or no? I would like to see him or hear more about him, anyway.