Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

June 2 Update (DELAYED UNTIL JUNE 3)

Comments

• Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Chrinnie wrote: »
    It doesn't bother me. Unless Origin forces me to download the patch right away (I hope not!) I'll wait until some mods have been updated before getting it.

I've found that at least in my settings, I have Origin autoupdate my game so I don't have to worry. It just means no mods for another day or two. I only really used MCCC to force sims off the lot who don't otherwise want to leave anyway. LOL. I'm cool with it no matter the reason behind the delay.

I've got quite a few mods though so I'm in no hurry to update.

Have you turned off auto update in Origin?
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,127 Member

Have you turned off auto update in Origin?

Yes :) It's much easier for me that way.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,043 Member
    Duvelina wrote: »
    SeanBobbyG wrote: »
    Oh that’s disappointing announcing a date and now postponing a day.. I hope the delay has more content update then or bug fixes

I doubt it. It was probably done because of Blackout Tuesday which is understandable.

Blackout Tuesday? Never heard of it.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,360 Member
    edited June 2020
    The silence on why is disconcerting, but in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't mean much.

I already pulled my mods yesterday. The only question I have to answer regarding the delay is do I go in and do some CC free building tonight, or do I catch up on some of the non-English language shows I've been meaning to watch but can't without reading the subtitles - and therefore can't have as background while I play Sims. Or do I play Planet Zoo...

My gameplay saves will still be unusable until enough mods update. One more day isn't going to make any difference for me.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    This is a one day delay, friends; not a week or a month. And for once, I agree with EA taking part in this situation that affects a large and valuable portion of our population. Any and all support we can show our fellow citizens during this time will make a difference in shaping a better tomorrow for all of us. And after sixty-plus years of fighting for human rights, I had hoped to see more progress than what we are seeing today. Change is always a messy process, but it should not stop us from moving forward.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    I'm a bit disappointed the patch has been delayed. I had certain things scheduled around today's update, too. But I am not losing my mind over it. I even managed to clear a few more things off my to-do list, so it all worked out. Now I will have more free time to play once things calm down a bit. This year has been a tough one for all of us. And we're barely six months into what has been a very scary and eye opening experience. Yes, my game has helped me to cope with some of the stress, but it takes more than a game to offset the impact of being separated from family, friends and jobs. Just breath. Go for a walk. Text, e mail, or call a family member or friend. Prepare some meals that can be frozen so you have more time to play with the new pack. Hug your partner, kids or pets. Be kind to yourself and others because we're all in this together. I can't be angry because EA decided to delay the release of the update. No doubt it was not an easy decision to make because they know how excited we are about Eco Lifestyle and the new features we were looking forward to in the update. EA had no way of knowing certain events would arise and derail their plans.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,513 Member
    Hopefully we'll get more skin tones in a future update and an icon to let us know their new.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited June 2020

Saw a bit too late that someone already posted this. And I do like that they didn't just rush out a black pic and then kept it to that.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2020
    I would've been far, far more disappointed if EA hadn't done anything, and it's only one day. Or rather, like another 10 hours. This is way more important than any of our games.
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Well it's today so, if you live in the my zone, central, it won't be much longer
    giphy.gif

• Options
    GwennogJonesGwennogJones Posts: 79 Member
    @KaeChan2089 - oh no, that sucks. Not really a cause for rudeness.

• Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    What if they had an unexpected issue that needed to be solved? What is they delayed this due to the protests happening? Why don't you all have more understanding?
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    What if they had an unexpected issue that needed to be solved? What is they delayed this due to the protests happening? Why don't you all have more understanding?

They did delay it due to the protests or rather Blackout Tuesday. I think that's been more or less clear from the start :) and I think most people understand it. At least I hope so.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    So is the patch due to drop at the same time it was due yesterday?
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,610 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I imagine so.

That will be about another 7 hours maybe?
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2020
    They should explain why they've delayed the patch.

IT IS NOT WEIRD to have no social media at all! The law doesn't order me to have an account. Unbelievable.

You don't need an account to read their tweets.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2020
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I imagine so.

That will be about another 7 hours maybe?

4 1/2 hours. It's scheduled for 7am PST/10am EST. Hopefully, it'll release on time.
  • Options
    daisy1989daisy1989 Posts: 87 Member
    I didn't expect a delay to rile up so many people! I had planned my day around the update release (no judgement please) so I was mildly disappointed. But that's my issue and I ended up doing something far more productive :)

On a positive note - today's the day :D
    Check out my YouTube channel @ DaisySims
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    @IceyJ That was my reaction to certain users who said that something like that it is weird not to have social media.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,301 Member
    Happy Patch Day!!
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    edited June 2020
    It was a bit disappointing I was looking forward to coming home and playing yesterday with the patch. I get it though and support why. It just means today I’ll come home and play 😂. I have some doors that need fixing and a attic that need a ladder to it! Work needs to go by quickly today I have the peps and the patch will help a smidge.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,720 Member
    We simmers sure are a bit special! Most of us expect this patch to crash our games, but we still can't get it soon enough :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I’m glad they gave us another day I was having fun yesterday just playing and not worrying about mods that broke.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    daisy1989daisy1989 Posts: 87 Member
    Funny thing is all this will be forgotten when Eco Lifestyle comes on Friday, and people will start to moan about that *rolls eyes*
    Check out my YouTube channel @ DaisySims
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top