Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I love genetics!

Comments

• Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited June 2020
    Silly me! Edyson and Jason had a son today and I emptied my clipboard before copying the genetics into Paint! Still, I am sure I won't be disappointed because the mod hasn't let me down yet! :D He inherited Grandpa Jason's hair colour.
    49961628173_90b93e0e06_o.jpg
    Post edited by Mikezumi on
  • Options
    I loaded my save so I could get a sneak peek at Dyson. Although I forgot to copy the genetics stats I can see he is a lovely blend. His nose seems more like Josh's and his mouth, although more like Edyson's, is still a blend. I think the eyes could also be slightly more like Josh's in shape although they are more open.
    49961751943_8440f416f0_o.jpg
  • Options
    Carpbeat24Carpbeat24 Posts: 987 Member
    edited June 2020
    Hi MikeZumi,

I've been following your posts on here and downloaded the random genetics mod you've been using. For some reason, every time right after my sim gives birth and I get the naming prompt, my game crashes... *ugh*

I downloaded it, extracted the file, placed it in my mods folder, deleted cache... is there anything else you did when installing the mod that I;m doing wrong?

I'd really love to use this :(

edit: I'm currently playing game 1.69 through Origin. Anyone else on Origin get this to work?
    F8wHsKZ.png
  • Options
    @s33man I am sorry you are having problems. A few of my Facebook friends have been using the mod without any problem and mine has worked from the moment I put it in. I am on the earlier patch so perhaps it's something to do with patch level. Perhaps you should comment at MTS to see if the creator has any insight as to what could be going wrong.
  • Options
    Jayden aged up to YA today :)
    49963266156_abcb2d2016_o.jpg

His girlfriend, Mandy, also aged up so I moved her into the household long enough to take a pic. Normally I would move her into the household and help her along a little before moving the couple out after marriage but I have two elders and two kids to look after so Jayden will be moved in with her instead.
    49963266021_daa90d07e3_o.jpg
  • Options
    Jason and Eddy's third grandchild, Mike (Jed and Donal's son), aged up to teen so I added him to the household for a closer look.
    49965785838_9a14f78ddb_o.jpg
  • Options
    Josh and Edyson had another baby, Joey. Once again, I accidentally emptied my clipboard before I was able to copy his genetic stats :( Senility must be setting in! ;)
    49966283913_231e59248e_o.jpg

I'm not really worried about not having saved the stats because I can see from the side by side comparison where he gets his features from. I think this one is a keeper although I might have trouble choosing an heir between him and Dyson when I get to play them as teens when their personalities become more apparent. He's paler than either of his dads so he must have got his skin colour from his Grandpa Eddy :)
    49967065062_6809bf2739_o.jpg
  • Options
    Jason and Eddy's fourth grandchild, Wayne (son of Jade and Keanu), aged up to teen so was added to the household for a closer look :) He aged up with long hair so I changed it for a CC one instead.
    49968410858_becfce2304_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Jason and Eddy have full life bars so it's only a matter of time before they go so I thought it was time for another look at the family tree.
    49972442438_7b5f8e500d_o.jpg
  • Options
    Jayden and Mandy just had a son. Will post a pic when he becomes a toddler.
    49977014707_4fcc2b37a9_o.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    Jayden and Mandy's son aged up to toddler so I was able to get a sneak peek :) He's mostly Jayden but the eyes are mostly from Mandy.
    49982652766_a7e90ac443_o.jpg
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I purged my saved sims folder to start fresh. Can’t wait to see what type of sim(or sims) I make using sliders!😁
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    He looks like a doctor. I can see him in a white coat.
    kwdT9wX.gif
  • Options
    @HillyBeth Good luck with the sliders :D

@Sunnyyesjams He's the son of a spare so I don't know what he will grow up to be but I will be sure to keep an eye on him and all the other descendants throughout town :)
  • Options
    @Mikezumi thanks! I’m loving how they’re turning out. Pics will come soon!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • Options
    Carson Edward Lowell
    49986203018_c57ef7493c_o.jpg

Annabeth Nichole Garcia
    49986970732_5bf7807e27_o.jpg

(here's a secret: I cloned Carson to make Annabeth and then edited her. LOL! Also, I didn't realize I'd gotten her in the middle of blinking, but she looks cute like that. Like she's smiling.)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • Options
    @HillyBeth Why would you use a tweaked clone for your female? Don't you want genetic diversity?
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @HillyBeth Why would you use a tweaked clone for your female? Don't you want genetic diversity?

I didn't feel like having to make a newer sim, but I did change some things like the nose, lips, eyes and even her head is a little more round(so it fits well with a hair I want to give her as an adult. If her head was smaller, pieces of the hair would clip into her head and vanish)
    Edit: It's hard to tell, but I also tweaked Carson's cheekbones too.

Edit2: @Mikezumi What would you have me tweak on them? I do like the shape of their lips and Annabeth's eyes, so those will stay. <3
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • Options
    @HillyBeth Your style is very different to mine so I won't make any tweak suggestions.
  • Options
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @HillyBeth Your style is very different to mine so I won't make any tweak suggestions.

I'm open to suggestions. :)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited June 2020
    I think what Mikezumi is trying to tell you is that it's very difficult to give any suggestions regarding something that, in the end, comes down to personal preference regarding looks. You seem to stress the "anime" aesthetics of the game (I use that term loosely), so "big eyes, small mouth". That's fine as aesthetics, but it's not something you would go for if you want to achieve a more realistic look - it's more for making "cute" sims. Are those two sims you showed adults or teens? I don't even get close to what Mikezumi achieves in the realism department - I use a very basic skin, no makeup and and just about no custom sliders - but just compare your Carson to one of my sims:
    kqo6Pnu.jpg
    That's a YA, and I'm obviously going for a somewhat different look. I don't think I have any useful suggestions for you.
    You can always just put one of Mikezumi's pics next to yours and make feature comparisons. After that you can decide whether that's anything you really want.
  • Options
    @Turjan It's pretty much what I would have said. Giving suggestions could be hurtful even if they aren't meant to be because it's like comparing apples to oranges.
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    Yes, what I said was certainly not meant in a disparaging way. I'd say that Annabeth took even more effort to get to that point than my example, and she looks cute. I just go for a different aesthetic in my game.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Turjan wrote: »
    I think what Mikezumi is trying to tell you is that it's very difficult to give any suggestions regarding something that, in the end, comes down to personal preference regarding looks. You seem to stress the "anime" aesthetics of the game (I use that term loosely), so "big eyes, small mouth". That's fine as aesthetics, but it's not something you would go for if you want to achieve a more realistic look - it's more for making "cute" sims. Are those two sims you showed adults or teens? I don't even get close to what Mikezumi achieves in the realism department - I use a very basic skin, no makeup and and just about no custom sliders - but just compare your Carson to one of my sims:
    kqo6Pnu.jpg
    That's a YA, and I'm obviously going for a somewhat different look. I don't think I have any useful suggestions for you.
    You can always just put one of Mikezumi's pics next to yours and make feature comparisons. After that you can decide whether that's anything you really want.

I just recently started using sliders- custom ones- so I'm still learning. I actually made- or remade from scratch- two sims I made a couple weeks ago, but their slider points aren't all that noticeable. The guy has a preset bone structure(unlocked the hidden cas parts for everything) Also, the way your sim's eyes looks reminds me of some of the townies our game generates. Not my cup of tea. No offense.

Comparison between Carson and Elliott
    49990154706_4d337d1f0a_o.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays