Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle: Are You Buying? Final Purchasing Poll

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Yes
    Onverser wrote: »
    For me I don't really care less about the gameplay elements in this pack ngl, but I love the other stuff so now it's a definite yes. The build-buy looks one of the best yet I can see myself using that stuff pretty much all the time, I love the idea of container homes and all the creativity that's gonna bring. The CAS looks great aswell but what excites me most is the apartments, I love the idea of having just a regular apartment in a regular world, the city living ones are too high-rise and too big for me so these are just perfect

I feel the same about the apartments. All of my City Living apartments are empty. I think apartments were executed best in Sims 2 and these remind me of Sims 2 apartments.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yes
    Yep preordered and waiting on release day to gift it to a friend for her wedding gift for this year since Origin doesn't allow for pre-order gifting. I loved the livestream. Pack is so on point to what living in the northwest is like near farms it is scary how realistic it is. Solar panels my family tried but with all the rain we get here ending up costing us more than saving. But wind generation is more effective here and of course rain catchers.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    emma_leeemma_lee Posts: 18 Member
    Yes
    I'm buying this for sure!!
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited May 2020
    No
    I don't blindly buy cash grabs... this is a game pack being sold for the price of an expansion pack and many people are literally okay with being ripped off... I think that's the most disturbing part. Then again, people also bought 'My First Pet' and 'My First Murphy Bed', so I'm not entirely surprised. If people are willing to buy DLC for DLC, then there's no doubt they'd also be willing to buy a pack for double its actual value.

I'm almost certain the same people who end up having this expansion pack as their favorite are the ones who also think 'My First Pet' and 'My First Murphy Bed' were amazing packs... lol

So, no... I won't be purchasing this pack until it goes on sale. If it's $20, I'll buy it (since that's the value of a game pack), but not for $40.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    No
    No, I probably won't be buying this one, Eco living isn't really a theme that sounds fun to me. I will be interested in seeing how it plays once it goes live for sure.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    Yes

After seeing the first trailer, I knew I would buy this for a variety of reasons. I'm excited and looking forward to June 5th to get here.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Maybe
    I'm still waiting to see how the new toggle to turn off pullution works.
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    Yes
    I previously voted maybe but after the live play I think yes! It looks cool and I’m looking forward to it!
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yes
    I don't blindly buy cash grabs... this is a game pack being sold for the price of an expansion pack and many people are literally okay with being ripped off... I think that's the most disturbing part. Then again, people also bought 'My First Pet' and 'My First Murphy Bed', so I'm not entirely surprised. If people are willing to buy DLC for DLC, then there's no doubt they'd also be willing to buy a pack for double its actual value.

I'm almost certain the same people who end up having this expansion pack as their favorite are the ones who also think 'My First Pet' and 'My First Murphy Bed' were amazing packs... lol

So, no... I won't be purchasing this pack until it goes on sale. If it's $20, I'll buy it (since that's the value of a game pack), but not for $40.
    I didn't care for My First Pet, but yes I do love Tiny Living Stuff a lot. Murphy Bed death was very iconic to the joys I had with older iterations. I'm a builder and gameplay Simmer, so yes very excited. I didn't care for Moschino either. I am much more into packs that represents Simmers rather than politicians, but that is just me. Then again it does do a parody on politics which is amusing in itself.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited May 2020
    Maybe
    The only thing I see what this pack is doing for Sims 4 is what GT did for it. EL is not too skimpy and it may allow me to have some fun for an little while but it may be an matter of how much mileage one gets out of the pack overall. Some will enjoy for an while and some for an long time. But it still lacks features for me that deals with expanding the hoods or editing them and some options appear still appear to be restricted to one pack or hood and if there is any resemblance of what is offered in the pack/hood it appears to be watered down. I see that there are apts in the Hood but like CL it is restricted to that hood and one still cannot build from scratch. I am buying the pack but as this pack looks good I do not have peps and the fun looks like an localized thing.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    KaylaxCapersKaylaxCapers Posts: 69 Member
    Yes
    Really looking forward to this pack and the build/buy mode items :D
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Maybe
    Leaning towards yes but likely a few weeks down the line. I still have a few questions about pack cross-play and I'm in no hurry either as the patch itself will bring a lot.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    VikVik Posts: 125 Member
    No
    Doubt it, even if it's on sale it's one of th last packs I would get honestly. It's fun to see others play the pack but as for myself I can live without it.