Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle Official Countdown Thread (Now Available)!!!!

Comments

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I'm super excited about all the new stuff they put in the pack this looks like it's going to be a really great expansion pack but it looks like the rumor about firefighters being added wasn't true which is kind of a bummer but we got two new NPCs anyway which is also really cool
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    I'm super excited about all the new stuff they put in the pack this looks like it's going to be a really great expansion pack but it looks like the rumor about firefighters being added wasn't true which is kind of a bummer but we got two new NPCs anyway which is also really cool

Firefighters are true, they were at the very end of the lifestream :)
  • Options
    Oh cool thanks for telling me
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I am pleased that they are releasing fixes to the base game. I really really hope they continue to fix the base game. I love the sims and it is really sad to see it in its current state.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    2 weeks! It's so much!!
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    edited May 2020
    Seeing the freelance crafter branch, I hope they'll bring more multi-skill freelance branches in future patches and EPs.

Also, I think there's major combo potential in Island Living (Mua Pelam beach lot + Sulani BBQ) + Outdoor retreat (outdoor cooking, tents) + Eco living (power sources) + Tiny living (as with OR tents and such, you don't need much indoor space). I might make a 'modern hermit' sim in a separate save that'd have a 'tropical garden' home lot on Mua Pelam, living off the land.

What I'd love to know soon is what the upcoming GP is, and when; as well as when the knitting pack comes - so I know whether to wait for it and bundle Eco + Knitting (even if just for the metal radio) + the GP.

Edit: and I love the updated bill system as well as the updated inventory. The patch alone is one of the best patches, right up there with Freelancer patch and stairs2.0.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I think a lot of people owe the Devs apologies. But they won't, because they're not that kind of people.

I just think the pack looks even better than I thought it was. It affects so much more than I was expecting.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Could someone please tell me the benefits of pre-ordering? :blush:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited May 2020

Nothing, You can download right away instead of wasting a couple of minutes nputting card info 🤷‍♀️
  • Options

Nothing, You can download right away instead of wasting a couple of minutes nputting card info 🤷‍♀️

Thanks! :D I did kinda guess that. I might just do my traditional 'buy and download when I want to play' kinda thing :smiley:
    giphy.gif
  • Options

You get the game a day before (or a couple of hours before). Pre orders can download in the 4th june.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited May 2020
    telmarina wrote: »

You get the game a day before (or a couple of hours before). Pre orders can download in the 4th june.

Only if you're willing to use a VPN though - there's no actual benefit provided by EA, but with a VPN you can download as soon as the game comes out first - which is when it comes out in Australia / New Zealand :)
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I noticed they added districts to Willow Creek so I guess they're adding districts across the board.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    telmarina wrote: »

As @SimTrippy said, only if you VPN, but other than that there is no pre download for preordering or getting it in advanced, same time for everyone
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    I noticed they added districts to Willow Creek so I guess they're adding districts across the board.

@Loanet Yes, all worlds now have their districts labelled. Even Newcrest.
  • Options
    I'm very likely to purchase this pack as it is a realistic theme, but knowing me, I won't touch most of it. I did purchase DU upon release but have not explored university life yet.

Being eco-friendly has never been massively important to me, I'll admit. I'm viewing this more like cheap living for poor sims.

I'm curious how easy/hard it will be to keep worlds within a certain footprint. I don't want wind turbines on every lot!

And does the research & debate skill affect one's ability to influence?
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Oh my gosh! Only 2 weeks left. Such a short, and yet long time to wait. I am so excited for this pack!
  • Options
    @SimTrippy @SelinaKyles thank you for the info. I'ld swear that my countdown changed after i pre ordered it but i was finding that strange anyway...
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i wonder if the firefighters show up when the smoke detector goes off. having to call them could be dangerous.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Two weeks of trying to resist watching game play videos, I am not this strong willed! Trying to stick to build/buy and cas reviews. As an 80's kid the CAS is appealing to me and I can't wait to get my hands on the build/buy :smile:
  • Options
    Since Knox and Bess are story sims, what happens when they age up and die? Or are they immortal like the butlers and nannies in my game?
  • Options
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Since Knox and Bess are story sims, what happens when they age up and die? Or are they immortal like the butlers and nannies in my game?

I think the Devs said they get replaced as soon as they are moved/deleted/die. The game will generate another NPC sim to take their place.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    I'm really looking forward to seeing what else is coming for The Sims 4 this year the Eco pack is turning out so well I'm just wondering what they're going to do with other subjects and I would love if they put the same amount of the detail subject that I was really interested in like a romance or generations pack or wedding stuff pack
  • Options
    kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    I'm really looking forward to seeing what else is coming for The Sims 4 this year the Eco pack is turning out so well I'm just wondering what they're going to do with other subjects and I would love if they put the same amount of the detail subject that I was really interested in like a romance or generations pack or wedding stuff pack

I am really hoping the gamepack will be romance based!! I feel like this would really help flesh out sims personalities.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    i wonder if the firefighters show up when the smoke detector goes off. having to call them could be dangerous.

They show after the fire starts.