Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Discover University Did You Know Thread

Comments

• Options
    NoogaNooga Posts: 60 Member
    Behappy1st wrote: »
    Did you know that if you put easels in the dorm other sims will paint on them and when your sim sells it they get the money. And if you go to all the buildings you can, then you can add whatever you want. I added easels, exercise bot, radio, double bed in one room etc. The double will assign someone to sleep with your sim but they won't sleep together. When my sim goes to bed the other leaves it. You can assign it only to yours. There's a lot you can do, just do it BEFORE your sim moves into a university. So change the building inside, than have your sim enroll.

It happened to me yesterday at my sim house her friend came by and drew a masterpiece

So i quickly converted the idea into a business

Bought several easels and had her painter group come by 😆
  • Options
    BlueSargent300BlueSargent300 Posts: 24 Member
    edited December 2019
    This all sounds so amazing! I was wondering if I should wait to get the pack or get it soon. I literally just finished my graduate degree on Monday and I didn't know if I was ready to jump into "university" again. Ha! After reading all of this and looking at photos, I think I might have to after all!
    Post edited by BlueSargent300 on
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I don't know if it was mentioned so sorry if it's a repeat but some sims get really nervous before final exam, my roomie turned played sim Mickey (Mckayla) got so nervous she got a nervous stomach moodlet and ran up to throw up. Maybe next time I'll actually get a picture.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Behappy1st wrote: »
    Did you know that if you put easels in the dorm other sims will paint on them and when your sim sells it they get the money. And if you go to all the buildings you can, then you can add whatever you want. I added easels, exercise bot, radio, double bed in one room etc. The double will assign someone to sleep with your sim but they won't sleep together. When my sim goes to bed the other leaves it. You can assign it only to yours. There's a lot you can do, just do it BEFORE your sim moves into a university. So change the building inside, than have your sim enroll.

Their friendship needs to be high enough before the other sim will sleep with yours.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited November 2019
    Even if you ask a teacher to change your grade and they reluctantly do so, your relationship will still suffer in decreasing. Not to mention a tense moodlet from your sim wondering if anyone else knows or overheard.

Was my last ditch effort for her since a holiday pretty much hecked up her grades.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    Servos can fart! :P
  • Options
    Did you know?

You can't take a vacation on your phone if you live in a dorm and I'm talking about to the destination worlds Granite Falls and Selvadarado.

I assume its cause your a student. It doesnt show up.
    11-21-19_11-05-44nbspPM.png
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I would certainly hope that we can't take a vacation in the middle of a term, lol.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Did you know that you can add NPCs as roommates and they won't lose their jobs? I can't wait to see if this works with Santa, the Easter bunny and Grim...GE2NZJg.png
    *Correction: Some NPCs won't lose their jobs. Tried it with the pizza guy. Asked his career, he still says he delivers pizza, but it doesn't appear above his head. Now I'm thinking it was a glitch because the mail lady behaves oddly.

At least I have the mail carrier. She even delivered my mail the next day. :D
    Post edited by IceyJ on
  • Options
    asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    You can earn good money by winning a debate at the Debate Showdown - my sim earned about 500 simoleans!
  • Options
    You also earn good money being a guest speaker. My sim earned a couple thousand as a guest speaker for an engineering class.
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    Sprites pestering your sim? Do some yoga if you have spa day. The sprites will fly away faster!
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Sims get a confident moodlet while they sit in the Powers-sip chair. Not only that, but the 'italicized' wording in this moodlet caught my eye. Perhaps a reference to someone? Could be wrong. :p
    cfVizji.png?1
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Sims get a confident moodlet while they sit in the Powers-sip chair. Not only that, but the 'italicized' wording in this moodlet caught my eye. Perhaps a reference to someone? Could be wrong. :p
    cfVizji.png?1

Haha, that's cool. 😄 I sent him a tweet.
  • Options

Haha, that's cool. 😄 I sent him a tweet.

Thanks. XD He might get a kick out of it I thought it was amusing anyway.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited November 2019
    Did you know the soccer balls come in multiple colors?

Screenshot-21.png

It’s lit!
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    You can ask the future cube about the sprites! It said they were disappointed in my sim. :D
  • Options
    llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    if you have gtw and your sim gets sick, they'll be able to take a sick day off. for whatever reason i thought this would never be an option but whew :#
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
  • Options
    Want to buy your sims a overpriced textbook, but don't want to go to one of the campus's to do so? Well, you don't have to as you can just order a book from the comforts of your sims home without having to leave. You can also purchase homework as well and if you happen to be in the teacher career you can purchase a padfolio.
    mgxleGD.png?1
    QtIvrwS.png?1
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    if you have gtw and your sim gets sick, they'll be able to take a sick day off. for whatever reason i thought this would never be an option but whew :#

Awesome neither did I. I wonder though if it still goes against their grades.
  • Options
    lindaatjuhlindaatjuh Posts: 52 Member
    Did you know you can order three more types of pizza?
    Shame that you can't order any other food for delivery like thai food though.
  • Options
    @LadyKyn So glad you posted this. Helped me realize that I was missing those two options due to a mod problem. And I was just about to send my sim all the way to Uni just to purchase books. Also, my teacher lost her gradebook and I thought there was no way to buy a new one.
  • Options
    @IceyJ No problem. Was kinda fiddling around seeing if it was a thing since one sim of mine graduated but was living on campus and the one i play now is living at home going.

-On another note, if your sim is suspended they'll have to wait 5 days to enroll back into University.
    -You can call your professors from your phone which will give you a progress report on all three classes than individually on the computer.
    -You can still do your school cheer even after you graduate.
    5vJrxmT.png