Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you be interested in a "The Sims 2" remaster?

EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
edited September 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Would you be interested in a TS2 remaster, with all the animations, objects and gameplay, but with better, 2020 graphics, 64-bit support and better looking sims?
Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti

Would you be interested in a "The Sims 2" remaster? 151 votes

Yes
80%
auroraael14IdontrcallaprilroselisamwittCamkatMsMayIsb917CorkysPetalskeekee53BloosmooCynnaSimQueenie9IrdiwenMagdaleenaIObelleLeo2009SSABagoas77Vageniusalanmichael1momboqueen 121 votes
No
19%
DannydanboUzone27redrogue60storyyPlayerSinger2010danacnbrettWritin_RegMariefoxprice83friendlysimmersg01denswanelelunicyJultan3luxsylvanEnkiSchmidtHermitgirlSimzilla_7MelpomenaSnaveXsJulianneALeeLoveMcQueen5683 30 votes

Comments

• Options
    DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    Yes
    Yes, TS2 is so far my most-played sim game and in my opinion the best one. I also want some recolor because there are a few TS2 objects with ugly colors.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,990 Member
    Yes
    if only it can keep everything from ts2 and look bomb like ts4 does (no realistic ugliness since that would just ruin it)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Yes
    YESSSSSSS.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Yes
    yassss
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    Yes
    EA should just scrap all plans for Sims 5 and start working on this instead.
  • Options
    munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    Yes
    i'd love this, but only if they overhauled CAS to be more like TS4, with the graphics of TS4, and adding in a fame system. After that, it's practically perfect.
  • Options
    Yes
    munroele wrote: »
    i'd love this, but only if they overhauled CAS to be more like TS4, with the graphics of TS4, and adding in a fame system. After that, it's practically perfect.

The inability to choose shoes individually from pants/skirts was always one of TS2's drawbacks.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Doesn’t this already exist? Isn’t this the version being sold on the Mac App Store right now?
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,409 Member
    Yes
    I would already be happy if they made the game playable in 1920 x 1080 as it is.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Yes
    Absofantabulously YES. I'd love to play a modern TS2 <3
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Unless they can't come up with something better, more innovative and fun then yes.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Yes
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Doesn’t this already exist? Isn’t this the version being sold on the Mac App Store right now?

Not with better graphics and support. I've been waiting for over two years for them to fix the Adult Female skintone glitch---at this point, I've sort of given up, figuring that they're just not giving the problem very much attention.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    No
    I can't go back to the closed world and not being able to travel from world to world. Pass.
  • Options
    Yes
    I can't go back to the closed world and not being able to travel from world to world. Pass.

You could travel from world to world in TS2...
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Yes
    100%

The Sims 2 is the peak of this entire franchise.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    No

You can't go from Pleasantview to Veronaville. Or has it been that long since I've been able to play it?

Either way, the worlds are so dull looking, I can't go back.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Yes
    Yes I would as long as they kept all the reactions etc original with updated graphics so we wouldn't have to mess with the graphic rules to make it with a wider screen.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    sueplayssimssueplayssims Posts: 126 Member
    Yes
    Yes! The one on Apple is through Aspyr and doesn't come with free time or apartment life.
    If there was a remastered full collection coming out I would get it. That game could hold my attention for hours
  • Options
    Yes

You can't go from Pleasantview to Veronaville. Or has it been that long since I've been able to play it?

Either way, the worlds are so dull looking, I can't go back.

I just remember being able to take my Sims from one town to another (both of which I created)...but now I'm thinking it might've been a kind of suburb-like system, with those other towns being attached to the first...Yes, it's been a very long time since I've played TS2, because of the aforementioned glitch.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2019

TS4 has closed worlds though. So....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Yes
    I will never stop playing sims 4. But I would play sims 2, if remastered, i can't play sims 2 as is. Don't like it. But I play other video games remastered , not sure why they couldn't do the same for Sims 2. Would be hard to get used to sims shoes not being separate from their outfits and less customization .
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Yes
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

TS4 has closed worlds though. So....

I think they're referring to the fact that you can't travel outside your home world. You can go to shopping districts, university, vacation, stuff like that, though. And I'm pretty sure you can walk to different lots within those same places, you don't need a car or taxi.
  • Options
    FroilFroil Posts: 102 Member
    Sounds nice and all, but I'd rather a Sims 1 remaster.
  • Options
    Yes
    Froil wrote: »
    Sounds nice and all, but I'd rather a Sims 1 remaster.

Kids going from babies to children and then never growing up?! ACK!
  • Options
    YumengYumeng Posts: 120 Member
    Yes
    I love TS1 and TS2 so much! Yes, I would! But Sims must be able to go from a neighborhood to another.
    I'd also be interested in a "The Sims 1" remaster. But please add "family tree", "memory", "seasons", "young/old adult" at least. If "school", "hospital", "jail", "business", "laundry", "redecoration" can be added, that would be great! And of course, Sims can go from a neighborhood to another.
    We need foundation with a height of 0.5 times, half-tile walls, inverted half walls, prominent window sills, vertical sloping walls, zodiac signs, discontinuous voice slider(mid-value can be taken) and rotating objects horizontally and vertically in a discontinuous manner(22.5 degrees per rotation).