Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

anyone worried magic won't be fleshed out due to it being a game pack

baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member
island life was lacking in content and was an expansion pack so i'm concerned this might have a nice looking trailer but suffering a worse fate due to being a smaller game pack

Magic should have been the expansion over Island Life as it's something that could easily be fleshed out with a lot more content including more supernaturals etc

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I think it will be fleshed out because it is a game pack just of Spellcasters. People seem pleased with Vampires. This is planned on the same general format.

I think we'll see future Occult life states as their own packs as well. At least, I hope we will. I miss my Werewolves.
  • Options
    DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    Vampires was just a Game Pack, and they were really fleshed out.
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited August 2019
    They did a great job with vampires for The Sims 4 compared to The Sims 2 and The Sims 3. I’m not too concerned about the lifestate itself. I’m more concerned about whether we will have MagicCoins to collect and purchase unique items or lots and the things we can do in this new magic town.

Mermaids are overall really bad compared to what we received from Island Paradise (TS3)... but they did manage to reveal that the Spellcaster lifestate will have the same skill tree / tiers type as Vampires.
    Post edited by Hestia on
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    I think it will be fleshed out because it is a game pack just of Spellcasters. People seem pleased with Vampires. This is planned on the same general format.

I think we'll see future Occult life states as their own packs as well. At least, I hope we will. I miss my Werewolves.

I need my Vampires VS Werewolves legacy story back in here. :(
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    I am worried and will be worried until launch where I can play it and see for myself.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I'd be more worried if it was an expansion pack honestly, expansion packs tend to have a tendency to be half baked
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,460 Member
    I am a bit worried because it is the sims 4, not because it is a game pack.

Personally I think features in GP's can be just as detailed and fleshed out as EP's. The focus of the features is more narrow with less additional content but the depth of the features can compete with EP's.
    Of the 3 lifestates we have so far, vampires from the GP are far more developed than the EP ones. Parenthood, also a GP has a big impact on gameplay as well.
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Not too worried at the moment. Game packs have almost always done better then expansion packs, especially in terms of new gameplay. From what we have so far, I'd say it looks promising, but I'm trying not to get too excited until we have more info!
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Does any sims 4 features ever being fleshed out by being in expansion packs? So far only gamepacks deliver the quality.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    Not too worried at the moment. Game packs have almost always done better then expansion packs, especially in terms of new gameplay. From what we have so far, I'd say it looks promising, but I'm trying not to get too excited until we have more info!

I was just about to say this - game packs are always better IMO. I wonder why... maybe we have lower expectations and so are usually pleasantly surprised by game packs.

I think like others have said, if using Vampires as the standard, magic is going to be great. I actually never played vampires (I have the pack for build/buy but never played as a vampire) but am feeling very inspired to do so now! Maybe I’m just overly excited for ROM, I’ve always been a “realistic” player, but lately I feel like I have enough of real life in real life! Bring on the magic! 😁
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and say that I have also generally enjoyed the game packs more than the expansions. (With the exception of Seasons, which is vital for me.)
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member

I was just about to say this - game packs are always better IMO. I wonder why... maybe we have lower expectations and so are usually pleasantly surprised by game packs.

I think like others have said, if using Vampires as the standard, magic is going to be great. I actually never played vampires (I have the pack for build/buy but never played as a vampire) but am feeling very inspired to do so now! Maybe I’m just overly excited for ROM, I’ve always been a “realistic” player, but lately I feel like I have enough of real life in real life! Bring on the magic! 😁

My theory on why GPs are usually better than EPs is because the focus is so narrow and there's just less content overall, so the devs have more time to devote to creating everything and getting it perfect.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,358 Member
    I'm still picking up packs, but from what I've seen, the narrower the focus of the pack (be it game pack or expansion pack) the better it is at delivering whatever that focus is.

So, while they could mess it up, I'm expecting it to be at least good (I'm hoping it will be great.)
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,477 Member

Yay! Come on over to the dark and sparkly side where anything is possible. :)

I'm really not too worried about Magic. The devs have said that the spells system is similar to Vampire powers but goes beyond it. I'm also just trying to keep an open mind about what kinds of magic and effects are feasible in the game. We obviously won't get every single spell effect we can think of, but if we get a decent selection and variety, I'll be very content. This pack has been worked on for a while and so far, it shows.

#Team Occult
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,543 Member
    edited August 2019
    If they are giving it a Vampires approach, then I think it should be fine.

I just hope that we can make unique witches through game play choices, like we could in vampires.
    I also hope that spells are usefull and fun, as well growing and finding ingredients for alchemy.

I notice that that large cauldron has three positions for sims.
    I really hope it's like that Sims 3 University science project that required 3 sims for special results.
    It would be so cool if you can form a coven of three witches for special spells.

I do like that Void Critters are being used for familiars.
    I've always liked them and I am glad to see them being used. It does raise some questions as to how characters from a children's game are actually magical creatures. It would be cool if there is a suspension-of-disbelief story behind that.

Also I hope that collectables are made more interesting by this pack.
    The Crystal Helmet from Get Famous made me interested in TS4 crystals because the suddenly became useful to me.
    Until then, I wasn't all that interested in TS4 collectables like I was in past Sims games.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    No because usually Game Packs are more fleshed out than the other two packs.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    nope, it being a GP doesn't worry me at all, vampires was a GP too and they are very well done and from everything we've learned about ROM so far it seems to also be well made.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,032 Member
    I was worried about it being a Game Pack. But then we got Island Living and I remembered that EPs seem to be fairly shallow and hit-or-miss. Game Packs, for the most part (*cough* Outdoor Retreat & StrangerVille *cough*) give us better gameplay for half the price.
    ugMcxZk.jpeg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Hestia wrote: »
    Sindocat wrote: »

I need my Vampires VS Werewolves legacy story back in here. :(

I just want to give my Scott the bite, and build his pack. Lately pretty much always play with sims based on Teen Wolf, and I just want to make them actual werewolves, rather than having to use the vampire powers as a stand in
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    Not worried at all, they did an amazing work with vampires. And if you consider that game packs are priced at half the value of an expansion, they could only make 2 new occults at a time for them to be as flashed out as vampires. Game packs are the best way to bring them, you also get a themed world instead of a more generic one. That being said, I still hope they pack some of the least favorite occults in a exp, like genies, zombies, imaginary friends, etc
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    No ...
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,411 Member
    edited August 2019
    I actually think the opposite. Game packs may be less expensive and more niche, but they seem to be more content rich. Expansion packs tend to have a popular theme but can feel lackluster or "empty" at times due to the resources used for bigger animations and such.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Considering we're getting 24 spells, 15 potions, familiars, wands (and the ability to cast spells using the hands) brooms, cauldrons, curses and a magic realm, I think it's the most fleshed out magic has ever been in The Sims. Not worried at all. My body/pocket is readyy
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited August 2019
    Also, game packs are proving to be way more content rich than expansions (whats up island living). Gimme one good witch rather than 5 useless occult weirdos. Sorry im so hyped, last time I was hyped with the sims was Get Famous and it doesnt come close