Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Closed (unsolved)

MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,761 Member
Hey I'm having some problems..I like having Selene protest a lot but she's wearing an arsonut helmet and I can't get rid of it because you can't find the "Protest shirt" in the person's outfits because it only appears when they're protesting. I really want to get rid of it and this wouldn't "sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas" because the protest outfit isn't her "Career wear". I might not be able to fix it for a couple of days because it's going be humid in the next couple of days
7ZmkWBj.png

Don't tell me to try to blacklist the item because the outfit is "situational" wear and its not going to show up like Selene's other outfits. Rolling back the save isn't an option because my earliest save is yesterday. I tried repairing the game doesn't work. I even tried MCCC <first name> <last name> that someone else told me to do and despite blacklisting the item via the above method the sim still is protesting with helmet on and its only in the ONE game that this problem occurs. I don't want to open up a new game to move all the families and houses into... but that probably wouldn't solve the problem and there is no way to put this sim on level 1.

@rosemow @luthienrising
6adMCGP.gif
Post edited by MadameLee on

Comments

• Options
    midnitetechmidnitetech Posts: 283 Member
    Do you use mods? You can delete it with MC Command Center.
  • Options
    @midnitetech I can't delete it with the MC because I can't find the outfit in any of Selene's outfits. I can't even get MC to appear on Selene when she's protesting.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    You can use the blacklist item option. I think it's under Dresser. So you blacklist Hat, and then clean the Sim to remove it.

Sorry just saw that you can't even get the option to show up. I can make you a mod to prevent it, if you like?
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    No I can't because you can't find the stuff in Selene's outfits because the OUTFIT ONLY APPEARS when the sim is PROTESTING...so I can't blacklist it. Because it will only blacklist the stuff OP normally wears. Since if I cancel the protest the OP just goes back to whatever she was wearing previously. I can't blacklist something Selene isn't 100% wearing that's what my problem is!!! Since MC does NOT show up when I try to click on her when she's protesting!!

I have the arrow (which you can't see) on Selene's back at the moment.. nothing shows up right?
    VInKGSs.png

now if I click shift and click
    2shqA3i.png still nothing but non-MC options

I had already *tried* blacklisting it before I made this thread late last night
    Post edited by MadameLee on
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    nothing seems to work not even the MCCC <first name> <last name> cheat. Since despite blacklisting the item it still appears when my sim is protesting. Its' werdily connected to the Protesters' outfits because even changing the cause still makes it appears.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Thanks for shouting at me. I was offering to help...
  • Options
    @midnitetech I was getting grumpy (still am) that I can't get rid of the silly helmet with all the protesters' outfits and blacklisting the item doesn't do anything.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2019
    Thanks for shouting at me. I was offering to help...

@midnitetech Yea you were and it was very kind of you.

On another note, are you still in the giving spirit because I would love for you to make a mod that adds Flower Arrangement as a holiday tradition. I think it would be pretty cool. Or maybe you can explain to me how to do it? I’ve only used S4S just once lol.

(I downloaded a few of your career mods btw and they’re fantastic!)
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    @Chazzzy you're being a bit rude on my thread.. I'm having trouble and you're talking to someone else.. if you aren't going to try helping me with my problem please get out of my thread.

(I'm trying to repair the game at the moment)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2019
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @Chazzzy you're being a bit rude on my thread.. I'm having trouble and you're talking to someone else.. if you aren't going to try helping me with my problem please get out of my thread.

My dear, nobody else is going to want to help you with that attitude. You’d be better off just starting a new thread after you calm down a bit. Ever consider maybe asking the people over on the MCCC Discord?
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »

My dear, nobody is going to help you with that attitude. You’d be better off just starting a new thread after you calm down a bit. Ever consider maybe asking the people over on the MCCC Discord?

did you look up above? I tried the MCCC <first name> <last name> cheat that one of the people on the MC thread mention and my Sim is *still* protesting with the ***space helmet despite blacklisting the *** item. So what good will going to DISCORD do when they *probably* tell me to do the same *** thing that Bonxie already told me to do and its not working?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    @MadameLee Maybe there's a way to mod out the situational outfit when protesting - I know there are other mods that sets a specific outfit for situations like this, but I'm not sure if this particular one is possible to mod, and I'm not a modder myself. The only thing I can think of other than a mod is to change her outfit to everyday before protesting, although I'm not sure if it will change her outfit anyway?
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    @Aine I can't change the protesting outfit to everyday since the sim goes automatic into the helmet-and-protester shirt(s) when protesting and there's no way to change the outfit once they're protesting. This is why it would be nice if we could choose what the sims wear for protesting, etc. I can find the shirts in CAS but because no one in the household is an astronaut the helmet isn't accessible in CAS.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @MadameLee I think you can use MCCC to change the outfit once she's started protesting, a bit of an annoyance, but at least something until you've found another solution.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    @Aine please look at the 2 pictures above at 10:49 edited around 11am post
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17162593/#Comment_17162593
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @MadameLee That's weird, I don't see why the options shouldn't show up. :/
    Allons-y!

• Options
    Maybe she's shy about her scar? IF I can't get rid of it I will find a in-story reason that she's sort of shy about her scar?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @MadameLee I'm thinking it could be a dare from her political group to protest in the helmet - or it could be she's protesting something related to space or aliens - or she's a space interested sim that just happened to have a helmet lying around for when she wants to be anonymous when protesting. :D
    Allons-y!

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Aine wrote: »
    @MadameLee I'm thinking it could be a dare from her political group to protest in the helmet - or it could be she's protesting something related to space or aliens - or she's a space interested sim that just happened to have a helmet lying around for when she wants to be anonymous when protesting. :D

Besides it could technically work since my next chapter is a song chapter (Do You hear the people sing?) and "Somewhere beyond the barricade/Is there a world you long to see?" maybe I can use the "Space helmet" thing as representative as the "World beyond the barricade"
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Dude, I literally offered to make you a mod and you were rude to me.

@Chazzzy Of course I'll help you
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited July 2019
    Try Sim Menu > MCCC > MC Dresser > Randomise Part > Hat

If you don't have the Sim Menu, have you checked it's turned on for sims?
  • Options
    @EmmaVane I'm not trying to be rude, but I am not able to get MC menu when my sim is protesting which is the time she's wearing the helmet. I know you're only trying to help. The hat option doesn't show up if she's wearing her normal clothes (which except for her winter and summer wear are sans hat)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    This sounds like a bug you should report to Deaderpool
  • Options
    @EmmaVane but its only in the one save..I'm just going to live with it.. at the moment.
    6adMCGP.gif