Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why does everyone pretend like Get Together is NOT the best Expansion pack of all time?

If only we had swim-able oceans Get together is next level and offered new features never before seen in The Sims series before. Groups & clubs transformed gameplay. You can make school clubs, private clubs, gardening clubs, chess clubs, vacation clubs. Choose outfits, change outfits. Visit the beautiful European themed world.

Why does everyone not appreciate this revolutionary pack for what it is? The only thing that is missing was a lifestate.
tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I think it's generally quite appreciated. The club system is the sort of thing where its usefulness increases or decreases depending on the type of player you are and how creative you're able to get with it; so this is probably why some like it more than others.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    The GT feature is sort of a background feature to me. I use it a lot, and I super appreciate it, but when I'm using clubs I don't really think about GT. I think about the packs that my sims are enjoying (items, activities, ect) while utilizing my club ability to override lot type.
  • Options
    ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    Honestly Get Together is the best because of Windenburg, LOL. (all my forum posts lately are gushing over Windenburg oops LOL)
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    To be honest, Get Together is my least favorite expansion pack of them all. I'm not a big fan of the clubs and there wasn't much to do. I love Windenburg though!
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Icewolf wrote: »
    To be honest, Get Together is my least favorite expansion pack of them all. I'm not a big fan of the clubs and there wasn't much to do. I love Windenburg though!

same
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited June 2019
    I agree, I think Werewolves would have fit Perfectly, But at the same time they wouldn't have lived up to their full potential, being the Second Life State after Aliens... So I actually am glad Vampires were the guinea pigs for Supernatural States, can only be better... right?

Get Together, has to Be the Expansion I use the most when It comes to Architecture.
    Followed By C&D and GTW, then It's Vintage Glamour and Romantic Garden that support my Builds.
    And the Club Feature I think really helps me design Societies I want in my game.
    So far I've created a Monarchal and an Aristocratic Society between two Saves.
    I love how there's the initial greeting Kiss Cheek interaction.
    I had to change the Von Haunt Gardens, I never went before, but I Renovated the Mansion, and I like it now. The problem with Premades is they're not mine, so I don't care until I make it my own.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    I don't use the club systems that often, unless I'm using it for "speed dating" to find the cutest townies 😂. But build/buy was my least favorite out of all the expansion packs, as were the CAS assets. So 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    sunspritersunspriter Posts: 125 Member
    Idk it’s one of my least favourites, I forget about clubs, hated lots of the cas and bb and windenburg is beautiful but the town is not my style and the country is too dark for me
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Because it's not when Seasons exists.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,360 Member
    edited June 2019
    Island Paradise is (going to be) my favorite because of the theme, not because it's objectively the best made EP. Get together still wins due to it's versatility.
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Trimoth wrote: »
    If only we had swim-able oceans Get together is next level and offered new features never before seen in The Sims series before. Groups & clubs transformed gameplay. You can make school clubs, private clubs, gardening clubs, chess clubs, vacation clubs. Choose outfits, change outfits. Visit the beautiful European themed world.

Why does everyone not appreciate this revolutionary pack for what it is? The only thing that is missing was a lifestate.

Its still hold the crown for the best expansion for me. The atmostphere of Nightlife with DJ and Dancing activities(especially sync dancing and group outfits) along with improved venues and etc. Everytime I play a sim who is going out from this family, I use clubs because of how powerful they are. Windeberg is beautifull and has captured the world of The Sims perfectly.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited June 2019
    It's one of my all time favs. I use it for family play most. Outdoor kids clubs, family meetings, my girly girl child has a princess club where the kids dress up fancy and play dolls, they kids join homeworks clubs with homework boosts, kids that love out are part of the family club so easily summoned for holiday dinner etc.

I don't say it's my very Fav as it's tied with Seasons to me but I do love it.

I like all the expansions though. My least Fav is City living as it didn't add very much and felt like a game pack but I still like it too.
    Post edited by SimAlexandria on
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited June 2019
    It's great but not the best, everyone has their tastes, though I had my fun creating club wheres 7 active childs formed sports club up until their elder life.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I absolutely love and utilize the club system frequently. Though not my favorite world. I love the desert worlds and hidden lots the most.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Because it isn't?
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    It's the most versatile, (aside from Seasons) but I wouldn't call it the best.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,596 Member
    Some people I guess aren't into 'party' related packs though there's things you can do in the pack that doesn't have to involve clubbing. GT is definitely my all time favorite pack with Seasons be a second. Big world, big cas selection, great build/buy, club system, cafes, dancing skill, dj'ing, walk-in closet, two woohoo locations, foosball/don't wake the llama game, dart game, sims able to have more places to go too via a nightclub that have peak hours, invites to parties...

Pretty much a full expansion pack though everyone has their taste to what they like in their game and get full use out of.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    It's the second most underrated world in the game next to Oasis Springs. Windenburg is the only world that has 8 lots in one neighborhood and each of them feels very distinct from one another.
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    For my is the best.Season is ok, but no very goods items in. But Get Together has many goods items. Inovative items!
    I dislike Island living because in this datadisc are not many good inovative objects...
  • Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    edited June 2019
    Because people have their own opinions and preferences. It was definitely my favorite, but then I got seasons. To be fair, windenberg is my favorite world to experience with seasons, so maybe get together is still winning 😂 I love the items and club system and world from get together. But I also love all that about seasons, except the world since there isn't one, but I get weather so... 🤷
  • Options
    MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    I don't use the clubs much and while I like Windenburg, have never had my Sims live there. It isn't my favorite expansion by a long shot. Nothing wrong with it. I just don't really use it much.
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    For me Get Together is the best EP for The Sims 4. It has always been my favourite.
    I feel like it gives us the best B&B objects, great CAS, big world, great premades, club system etc. I just love it.
    I like Get Famous and Seasons a lot too but Get Together is something else.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    It has its uses and the world is nice, but it is still not my favorite and hardly have sims go over and/or live there. I like Cats and Dogs (love the world, the style, the Vet career, etc...) and Seasons more and once Island Living comes out, it will probably become of my favorites as I have been waiting for this forever.

I do find clubs handy and plan on making a club for all the supernaturals once Realm of Magic is released.
  • Options
    SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    edited June 2019
    Get Together is good because of the club system it adds and.... that's it. That's the only unique and big thing it adds alongside some partying in nightclubs that can be achieved in the base game anyways. Just put a radio with the electronica radio station playing in a base game nightclub and you pretty have the same experience. Actually, the electronica radio station has better music for partying than the actual DJ booths. And the constant notifications Sims get from their friends to hangout end up being more annoying than fun.

But I do still find Get Together pretty good, and after all, it was my first expansion pack that I bought for The Sims 4. It's just that the later expansions got more to do in them.