Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Opinions on new EP, GP, and SP?

Comments

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Not too much interested in the SP but the EP and GP those two got my attention. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I am so excited about ROM!!!!! EP looks interesting. It will be something to do until the GP gets here. I don't like the clothing line but I will wait to see if there is hair or shoes I like before pass on it.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    To sum up:

Island Living = love, very excited for it!
    Realm of Magic = WITCHES <3 can't wait, need it today. Is it fall already?
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    I'm really excited for the island and magic packs. I've never heard of Moschino so I'm not really bothered.
    I do not like the LGBT stuff idea though as I do not feel that the game needs it and I don't play them in my game.
    I'm 50 years old, almost 51 so maybe it's an age thing but I have seen threads where people are making their own LGBT characters so why do we need a special 'pride' pack..
    If people want to play LGBT then that is fine but I personally do not and I think there could have been better packs made, i.e. an enviromental pack where sims could clean up beaches and have aspirations to help the planet, enviromental friendly house hold items too.
  • Options
    isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
    mock68 wrote: »
    I'm really excited for the island and magic packs. I've never heard of Moschino so I'm not really bothered.
    I do not like the LGBT stuff idea though as I do not feel that the game needs it and I don't play them in my game.
    I'm 50 years old, almost 51 so maybe it's an age thing but I have seen threads where people are making their own LGBT characters so why do we need a special 'pride' pack..
    If people want to play LGBT then that is fine but I personally do not and I think there could have been better packs made, i.e. an enviromental pack where sims could clean up beaches and have aspirations to help the planet, enviromental friendly house hold items too.

To each their own! LGBT here and I would also prefer an environmental pack for more gameplay elements. Although the gender neutral bathroom door will be a nice addition to public lots.
  • Options
    asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    I think Island Living will be fun, I'm looking forward to trying it out, particularly the swimming in the sea!
    Magic pack, not really my sort of thing (i prefer realistic gameplay), but I think it will be amazing for all those simmers out there who have been begging for more supernatural stuff!
    The fashion pack? No, not at all really. I didnt even know what moshino was, and now I know I'm still really uninterested.

I'm desperate for University - I was soooo hoping that would be in this announcement so I'm really disappointed, but I do think Island Living will be great. I had twins in my game a while ago and they would be perfect for university, so I was saving them for that - I'm going to need a new plan! :/
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Island Living: AW HECK YEAH!
    Realm of Magic: Gimme gimme gimme!
    Moschino: Meh.

What you said.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited June 2019
    Island Living and Realm of Magic yes excited. The SP well might win worst SP in the entire Sims franchise even beating Katy Perry.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I’m buying all three but I’m not happy about the stuff pack besides the career included 🤷‍♀️
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Island Living and Realm of Magic: TAKE MAH MONEY NOW, EA! I have several Sims who are ready for the islands after being cooped up all winter in Windenburg and Willow Creek with all the snow. The freelancing careers will fit quite well with the island life, along with the part-time jobs, odd jobs and the like. You can make enough money to get by and still have time to enjoy the beach. And I'm intrigued by the possibilities of the ocean conservationism and how the worlds change as you clean things up. And I want my Sim to marry a merSim to see if the kids get any sort of hidden traits. As for Realm of Magic, I've been waiting for witches/magic for like forever so I'm thrilled to hear more details (though it's probably still in the early stages if it's not coming out till fall).

As for the SP, I'm a bit meh on it. I actually expected some sort of Moshino pack when they announced the partnership -- we had Diesel in Sims 3 and H&M in Sims 2 so it follows the general pattern. The fashion photographer is interesting (I wonder if you could have a fashion photographer paired with a stylist?), and if that brings improvements to photography and the related skill in the pre-SP patch I'll be happy they had the impetus.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Will definitely be getting both Island Living and Realm Of Magic. Not terribly excited by the fashion themed stuff pack. I might get it but just not sure yet. Both Island living and Realm Of Magic are things that I have wanted since day 1of Sims4. The Sims4 started out kinda "rough" and I did not move over to it from Sims3 right away but it has improved by leaps and bounds since launch and I am very happy with where it is going.

I wonder if either/both were packs that needed full 64-bit support to make possible, like the water activities in IL or some of the spells/effects in RoM.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    isaiahzay wrote: »
    For what it’s worth, I want to hear people’s opinions on the recently announced content.

Personally, I’ll buy the EP at some point but I’m not overly excited for it. I know we needed a tropic themed pack but it seems like a rehash of Island Paradise... hopefully there’s significantly more original content to be revealed. Though the CAS and and new objects alone do actually look amazing...

Magic realm game pack? Could be fantastic... sounds like it will add fun supernatural stuff but still might not be limited as the only magic content we ever get which I love.

Stuff pack? Moschino or whatever it’s called? Not my cup of tea at all but hopefully some people are happy. (I’d sooner buy a Katy Perry pack which is saying something :D )

Expansion Pack: Totally excited!

Stuff Pack: Meh. Not interested

Game Pack: My freaking avi is currently Moonlight Falls, y'all!!!! (Supernatural pack world. Lol!)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    mock68 wrote: »

Did you notice in the trailer that Sims were cleaning up the beaches and the world was changing? Apparently ocean conservation is one of the key features of the island pack. So you're getting that and the Pride stuff too. I don't play LGBT Sims very often but I just had a future Sim teen tap be on the shoulder and say, "Excuse me, you might want to know while planning me that I'm a lesbian" (she's based on a character in a novel I'm outlining). So I'll be playing her accordingly.

• Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    Did you notice in the trailer that Sims were cleaning up the beaches and the world was changing? Apparently ocean conservation is one of the key features of the island pack. So you're getting that and the Pride stuff too. I don't play LGBT Sims very often but I just had a future Sim teen tap be on the shoulder and say, "Excuse me, you might want to know while planning me that I'm a lesbian" (she's based on a character in a novel I'm outlining). So I'll be playing her accordingly.

[/quote] Each to their own, as I said, how people play their game is their own business and not my concern.
    I just see no point or reason for LGBT stuff to be put into the game.
    Regarding your future sim teen, the sims are what you want them to be and are not real people, by the way.

• Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    I think island living will add much needed content to the game such as swimming in oceans and other water activities. I'm a nerd so I get crazy excited about lounge chairs for some reason. I also cant wait to explore all the new food and drink and fish to catch.

I'm excited about getting witches too. I've had witch sims in both 2 and 3 that were fun to play.

Loving the free update coming soon as well. But the SP, nah.

We just really need university though. My sim kids need an education. Seriously how do we even have doctors and scientists in game is what I want to know lol.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Island Living: At the top of my Most Wanted list and pre-ordered
    Realm of Magic: If it comes close to being as much fun as Makin' Magic, I will buy it
    Moschino SP: Ummm, no thank you
  • Options
    doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    edited June 2019
    well the past iterations have collabed with brands, some good (ikea) some not so good (diesel). lets hope the clothing/items aren't too tacky this time.

i'm excited for the gp and ep, sunburns should've really been in seasons but oh well.
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    Island living: oooh!
    Realm of magic: yay!
    Moschino: ey
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    CeruleaCerulea Posts: 16 Member
    Oh boy, I'm begging the developers to please include witches, werewolves, fairies in the occult pack!
    pFlklGp.png
  • Options
    storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    Pre-ordered the EP so freaking fast, so stoked for it. Won't be getting the other packs but I know a LOT of simmers wanted witches back so I'm happy for them. :)
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree
  • Options
    MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    Most excited for: Island Living by far. I plan on buying it the second it’s available. Already have a storyline planned + can’t wait to play mermaids!!

Somewhat excited for: Realm of Magic. It seems kinda cool. I need to see a trailer before I’m sold on it partially because I’m just SO EXITED for Island Living.

I couldn’t care less about the Moshino pack (idk if I’m saying that correctly, sorry) because I don’t know what it is.
  • Options
    ashley247ashley247 Posts: 74 Member
    I’m looking forward to playing Island Living. I’m not interested in the other two packs that were announced. I do not play with supernatural sims and do not care about the stuff pack. I hope a University expansion is announced someday!
  • Options
    moltaziamoltazia Posts: 58 Member
    im extremely excited for the magic realm game pack, fall cant come soon enough!
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Island Living has me stoked. I loved the trailer and everything I saw. Can't wait to start off some sims in that area and explore it!

Realm of Magic if I can make Witches with it then heck yes! Been waiting a long time and will be another favorite depending. I'm expecting great things.

Moshino stuff pack (not sure of the name).. Mixed feelings. I am sure I'll use the stuff though and I'm sure I'll use the career and hoping it expands on photography. I'm stuck on the idea of making the merman Zoolander and giving him a story in that direction with a combo of the packs so I do grin thinking about it. He can be ridiculously good-looking and too sexy for his tail. Why not?

I'm not sure what the Pride stuff will entail but guessing it will be free stuff? If so bring in on. More things to make characters with.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    TLM08TLM08 Posts: 105 Member
    edited June 2019
    Island living is a pack I wanted, though admittedly I would have preferred University first, but it looks well done so I am excited about that. I don't really care about mermaids and if there is no underwater interaction I don't understand the point of them, but they said that mermaid have some tricks and so I will give them a fair shot.

Realm of Magic, I am super excited about. I have been wanting magic and I just hope that they make it a really complete pack and make sure to include it across all aspects of the game. I want the option to have good and bad magic and to have the ability to improve it with skills. So I hope its really well done.

The stuff pack, I don't know if I care about this as much. I mean I always love more clothing but if it is really avant-garde I will never use it because I usually dress my Sims like normal boring people. I don't really do crazy outfits so, I just hope it wearable content.

Pride content, I am totally here for. It is really cool that they are taking a step to try and provide a more inclusive game and that's awesome.