Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let’s Talk About TS4 Island Living

Are you excited for this pack? Are you excited for the return of various classic features such as swimming in oceans and the return of mermaids?
Oh hamburgers!

Comments

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    So excited! I like all the features related to the beach, like lounge chairs or laying in towels. Also the water activities but I'm also very curious about the life on the inland, next to the volcano, the festivals, the traditions. It seems that there's a lot of things happening. But I wish they had mentioned something about how these features apply in the other worlds.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I’m sooo very excited for lots of stuff within the pack. I can’t wait to see the mermaids, the dolphins, the careers, and the various CAS and beach/water activities. :smiley:

Can’t wait to finally see my sims swim within the swimmable ocean! :blush:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I'm actually watching the SimsVIP YT video about it now and I'm a little excited about it because of the new conservation career and the island will change over time based on if your sims take care of it or not. That's a very unique and new feature that I'm very curious to see. Seems like they put some serious thought into this pack overall and there is something for everyone. I just hope it lives up to the hype.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    I’m sooo very excited for lots of stuff within the pack. I can’t wait to see the mermaids, the dolphins, the careers, and the various CAS and beach/water activities. :smiley:

I almost forgot the Carrers. Loved to see the lifeguards (and what about the white sunglasses? Haha just a detail, but I loved it) and the Fisherman. It finally is a Carrer!
  • Options
    telmarina wrote: »

I almost forgot the Carrers. Loved to see the lifeguards (and what about the white sunglasses? Haha just a detail, but I loved it) and the Fisherman. It finally is a Carrer!

I can’t wait to have a lifeguard merman/mermaid once again! :smiley:
    (She/her)
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I have three households planned as of now.

1. I want a Ernest Hemingway type of sim. An adventurer who explores Selvadorada for treasures, paints sunsets over the water, writes novels that are best sellers and has several cats.
    2. I also want a young dude who becomes a lifeguard so he can live at the beach and play in the ocean.
    3. A family of merfolk (maybe a colony if there is enough lot space). Living, playing and loving island life while unknown to the humans around them. Maybe they will collect things to sell in a small souvenir shop.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Super excited. I loved island paradise in sims 3 (when it worked 😆) and this looks even better. There wasn’t one thing they mentioned I wasn’t excited for. Mermaids (yes please), water activities, beach activities, volcanoes, dolphins, sea turtles (something about turtle eggs hatching in the origin description), new careers (seriously went overboard there in the best way). New clothes and hair look incredible, lounge chairs, and lots over water. The only thing is it doesn’t look like there is much to do outside of the island but I’m okay with that. I’m planning on having a save file (might do rags to riches) dedicated to it with a sim I made a while back. I also want my older saves to have a vacation spot too and this will be my go to either by buying a retail lot (hoping this comes with ability to buy more than one lot) or generic lots. The destination worlds are great but this is more fun to me (and I’m a lake/mountain person in reality).
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    It looks alright.
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    Can we talk about the CAS? It was sped up pretty fast, but oh my goodness. There are SO many gorgeous shirts, shorts, and full outfits! I had to keep pausing to see some of them. The hair too is super beautiful. Eventually I'll make it back to the Mermaid CAS as I really want to see what that looks like better now that I can pause the video. :x
  • Options
    And did they mentioned new traits? I'm not sure I heard it well...
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Very exited here!
    CAS looks amazing. What stuck in my mind was a top with parrots on, so need this!

Also one of my sims has a background of being a hobbyist sailor. So far I could only play this out by taking pictures of her and her friends in front of the decorative boats (Brindleton Bay and Del Sol Valley). Now she can finally act this part.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I'm excited for the pack. I've been hoping they'd open up the oceans for our Sims to swim in. There's so many awesome places like in Windenburg or Granite Falls that I've always wanted to take my Sims swimming.

I also like the Mermaid life state. & I heard them say that mermaids have powers. Which I think will be a new feature. I remember playing mermaids in TS3, & I recall them having a diving skill level maxed out and that you had to keep them in water or they'd dry out, but other than that, I dont' recall any powers. So I'm excited to see what they are.

So far, from what I've seen, I'm looking forward to it. It seems that they've brought back some old stuff and have added some new things as well, which is always a plus. @OneAdorkableGirl - I agree CAS looks great. The clothes, the hairs, etc. That side curly ponytail, I need that hair lol.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

No, and I wanna know about the aspiration as well
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    @Sha2520032003 - I am super curious and confused about what they meant by open water. I hope that it's a new feature that they've added for all worlds, but .... I'm worried it's going to be more like City Living where it's only available in Sulani, like Apartments are for San Myshuno. :( Maybe I have it wrong and misunderstood, but that's the worry I have at the moment.

I'm very excited about the Mermaid life-state as well. I wish they could have given a tiny little glimpse of a power, but I understand that they want to keep it a surprise for us. I would just like to know whether or not mermaids will have the same 'power tree', like Vampires do, or if it's only going to be a couple of powers they'll have, especially since Vampires had their own pack to be fully fleshed out, and Mermaids are sharing an Expansion pack. :/

I'm so excited for all the new career options we're getting, too. I can't wait to have one of my Sims try out the new Conservationist career, and then maybe eventually have her become a mermaid. :D

Yess, that curly hair is really pretty. I just can't get over how much CAS there is; and they didn't show all of it in the interview.
  • Options
    Regarding the open water, I could have sworn an early answer by one of the gurus was that they would not have swimmable open water in the older packs due to how the water would have to be reconstructed.

This was way back before Island Living was leaked and announced.
    So maybe things are different now?

(I don’t mind either way, since I’m just waiting to see gameplay and hear info about mermaids.)
    (She/her)
  • Options
    queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    All I need is mermaids and I'm all cool... B)
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I didn't even want this. Now I do (mostly for the volcano and the mermaids. And Hawaii, Bora Bora, Aruba, Fiji, Tonga, etc. *sigh* *begins daydreaming*
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Bubbz3388 wrote: »
    Are you excited for this pack? Are you excited for the return of various classic features such as swimming in oceans and the return of mermaids?

Oh yes.
  • Options
    spivoskispivoski Posts: 299 Member

YES! I'm excited! Swimming! Jet skis! Boats! MERMAIDS!! :D I'm boarding the hype train.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @Sha2520032003 - I am super curious and confused about what they meant by open water. I hope that it's a new feature that they've added for all worlds, but .... I'm worried it's going to be more like City Living where it's only available in Sulani, like Apartments are for San Myshuno. :( Maybe I have it wrong and misunderstood, but that's the worry I have at the moment.

I'm very excited about the Mermaid life-state as well. I wish they could have given a tiny little glimpse of a power, but I understand that they want to keep it a surprise for us. I would just like to know whether or not mermaids will have the same 'power tree', like Vampires do, or if it's only going to be a couple of powers they'll have, especially since Vampires had their own pack to be fully fleshed out, and Mermaids are sharing an Expansion pack. :/

I'm so excited for all the new career options we're getting, too. I can't wait to have one of my Sims try out the new Conservationist career, and then maybe eventually have her become a mermaid. :D

Yess, that curly hair is really pretty. I just can't get over how much CAS there is; and they didn't show all of it in the interview.

@OneAdorkableGirl - Oh, maybe I got it wrong. I thought I read somewhere that Sims could swim in all bodies of water. I didn't think it was just limited to the new world. Ugh, that'll be awful if that's the case then. I thought it was like TS3....where when they added Island Paradise, any world you played in you could swim in the water, but just couldn't do some of the other stuff that was limited to the expansion pack world (i.e scuba dive, etc). So I thought the way it was setup in TS4 was similar to where if you wanted to snorkel or ride the aquazips you had to be in Sulani but I thought all the other ocean areas would be open for swimming. I guess that'll be the first question I ask on Twitter.

I agree, I'm excited about Mermaids too and that would be really cool if they had a power tree like Vampires do. I think I'll be happy either way though, with powers extensive with a 'power tree' or a couple of things. The customization from what I've seen in CAS looks really, really cool too. They seem better than TS3 mermaids to me so far. I was quickly bored with them in TS3 because I dont' remember them being able to do anything special.

Yeah, the new career options look great too. I can't wait to try out the Conservationist career as well. I'm currently trying to decide which Save I'm going to start playing the new EP with. I'm playing a rotational vampire Save at the moment and I just don't see them enjoying the sun too much lol. I might use my legacy family or maybe my 100 baby challenge family to live in Sulani .
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Any pack with new careers I get excited for. It just allows for better story telling. This one adds 3? No idea what the odd jobs are or if there one in the same but I’m glad there’s finally some part time jobs. The gurus are seriously getting better at making packs and understanding what features are lacking from the game.
  • Options
    queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    Any pack with new careers I get excited for. It just allows for better story telling. This one adds 3? No idea what the odd jobs are or if there one in the same but I’m glad there’s finally some part time jobs. The gurus are seriously getting better at making packs and understanding what features are lacking from the game.

Agreed!
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • Options
    mapletreesimsmapletreesims Posts: 13 New Member
    I am a big ocean lover so I am very excited for the pack. The world is gorgeous (though I’m worried it won’t have many lots), I’ve been wanting ocean swimming for a long time, and I think the boating and beach activities will be lots of fun, and new animals are always welcome. I’m glad that it will be a livable world but I would still really like the option for sims to go on vacation there. The new clothing is not really my taste, but I do like the hairs. The new build/buy mode items look beautiful, but not all that useful for builds outside the world. I’m very excited for the dock and ladder, though.
    My biggest concern is that these features are mostly confined to this world. It’ll be fun to play through a few times, but after that this EP won’t have much impact on my gameplay. I hope once more info is revealed I’ll be proven wrong.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member

Traits can be randomized! I like that, always wanted the game to suggest the aspiration based on chosen traits, won't happen but random is better than me always picking the few same traits, LOL.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    I think this came realy needed a tropical world with swimmable ocean and a beach. Was really strange to always vacation in a forest or a jungle and make-believe beaches and oceans (that were really just pools in disguise) were such a hassle to create and maintain... Jeez. Definitely won't be missing that.

However, the thing I am not excited for is Mermaids. I couldn't care less and franky I'm a bit annoyed a supernaural state is coming in an EP , was hoping they'd keep those in game packs.

Also, I don't know if the swimmable ocean will only be available in the world of Sulani but my guess is - it will be. So, being unable to swim in other bodies of water is gonna be a major disappointment (and knowing Sims Team and the way they operate, it's super likely)