Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monthly SimLit Short Story Challenge

Comments

• Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    It's that end of the month again so I come with "The Ever-Expanding Mother". Don't let the title turn you away!

LOL had me rolling at the first line .. Excellent!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    Qnshr5Qnshr5 Posts: 470 Member
    edited June 2019
    Here is mine. Barely made it! :pensive: Also I put the wrong picture amount on my entry. It's 6 not 5. Missing Piece
    7YZVoCi.png
  • Options
    Qnshr5 wrote: »
    Here is mine. Barely made it! :pensive: Also I put the wrong picture amount on my entry. It's 6 not 5. Missing Piece

Excellent you made it! Headed off to read!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    May is now closed .. the blog will be out soon.

I have HUGE apologies to @chluke75 I just saw now that I did not put your story on the front page .. I am soo soo soo sorry! It is on the blog.

If you ever see that happen to your story please do not hesitate to let me know <3 Sometimes I may not have gotten to them but SOMETIMES I may have slipped up.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    The Blog is up! Phew!

Time to get out the vote!

Monthly Simlit Short Story Challenge: May 2019 Submissions & Vote
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    I voted and i must say it wasn't any easier to choose this month, so many wonderful stories. Well done everyone who submitted.
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Finally having a chance to participate, by some miracle! I am an early bird this month! Here is my June submission!

Perfect
    0sRlzy2.png
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    I wont be taking part this month due to rl obligations. But i will be lurking and reading all the entries. I cannot wait to read the creative musings that come from this theme .
    cSXsPD.jpg

• Options
    Charliimai wrote: »
    I wont be taking part this month due to rl obligations. But i will be lurking and reading all the entries. I cannot wait to read the creative musings that come from this theme .

I will miss you terribly @Charliimai <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Finally having a chance to participate, by some miracle! I am an early bird this month! Here is my June submission!

Perfect
    0sRlzy2.png

Hopping in to read now ... and wb to the challenge <3
    Post edited by lisabee2 on
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    Be sure to vote for 3 each .. I am watching (it is why I run the challenge thru my blog and why I add my own story to the mix even tho I do not get added to the vote). After a good jump start, the numbers are looking a little odd. I encourage you to (with this challenge) be community minded and fair to your fellow participants.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Perfect
    0sRlzy2.png

That was delightful (and you never told us did really rain??)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    Be sure to vote for 3 each .. I am watching (it is why I run the challenge thru my blog and why I add my own story to the mix even tho I do not get added to the vote). After a good jump start, the numbers are looking a little odd. I encourage you to (with this challenge) be community minded and fair to your fellow participants.

@lisabee2 Does the form allow you to vote for one or it won't let you vote until you've selected three? (Haven't voted yet--still need to read all of them.)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member

@lisabee2 Does the form allow you to vote for one or it won't let you vote until you've selected three? (Haven't voted yet--still need to read all of them.)

You need to vote for 3 or your vote won't count.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    TBH poll daddy does not let you set a required # only allows for multiples .. but my hope is that we are all honest and above board looking out for the community, one another as well as for ourselves <3

I have said this before but honestly, I am gaining nothing personally from this (my blog stats are hamburger, it takes a lot of time away from my own story blogging and I have had only a few new follows - not readers yet tho)

I am not saying I am all that and a bag of chips but what I am asking is that we look outside of our own interests and seek to grow this community BECAUSE TBH when it grows we all win.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited June 2019
    TBH poll daddy does not let you set a required # only allows for multiples .. but my hope is that we are all honest and above board looking out for the community, one another as well as for ourselves <3

I have said this before but honestly, I am gaining nothing personally from this (my blog stats are hamburger, it takes a lot of time away from my own story blogging and I have had only a few new follows - not readers yet tho)

I am not saying I am all that and a bag of chips but what I am asking is that we look outside of our own interests and seek to grow this community BECAUSE TBH when it grows we all win.

I fully agree and I thank you for setting all of this up. It's great that we get to work and grow together as a community. I've never had this many likes on a single post before and I didn't even have 10 followers (my followers count has nearly doubled) and I really appreciate it.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    Dollyllama108Dollyllama108 Posts: 268 Member

Yeah, my numbers aren't great, but que será, será. If someone votes without reading everyone's story, they're the one missing out! So many strong entries.

And yessss to June's theme. If I can knock out 5 normal and 2 high-effort posts before the end of June, this is going to fit in to CT perfectly. It's actually a better format for the content than I was envisioning.

Good luck, everyone!
    banner_both.jpg
    Catastrophe Theory: If, through loose ends, we could resume/Unrav'ling defects from the loom/And soften as the shuttle mends---/Then save for me a few loose ends!
    Haunted: Picture Oscar Wilde dating Willy Wonka, also Oscar Wilde is still dead
  • Options
    edited June 2019

I fully agree and I thank you for setting all of this up. It's great that we get to work and grow together as a community. I've never had this many likes on a single post before and I didn't even have 10 followers and I really appreciate it.

I am soo glad. I gladly share my readers with you guys (and the great preponderance of mine do not come from the established Simlit Community (I think I have about 5 that are heavily established in the simlit community - the rest are mostly builder <3 .. I love my sweet builders) Take care of them and always give them a shout out and they will love you in return.

OH and Twitter is the best to connect with them.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options

Yeah, my numbers aren't great, but que será, será. If someone votes without reading everyone's story, they're the one missing out! So many strong entries.

And yessss to June's theme. If I can knock out 5 normal and 2 high-effort posts before the end of June, this is going to fit in to CT perfectly. It's actually a better format for the content than I was envisioning.

Good luck, everyone!

I am so glad it is working for you .. I am glad to get to know you and your work.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Thank you for reading @lisabee2 :smiley:
    And as for whether or not it really rained or she really face-planted... We may never know :tongue:

And of course, thank you for hosting this challenge! :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Thank you for reading @lisabee2 :smiley:
    And as for whether or not it really rained or she really face-planted... We may never know :tongue:

And of course, thank you for hosting this challenge! :heart:

SHM .. LOL we do know she had a good time at the reception

and YW
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    breckenridgebreckenridge Posts: 44 Member

Can I ask, what would be considered good numbers? I'm new to this all, so I don't know what's considered good. Last I checked, my first story, Jackpot, had like 130 readers or something. That seemed cool to me. I think the May one has fewer but that's to be expected.
    My newest chapter-based simlit: Cutback.”
  • Options
    @breckenridge 130 readers thats amazing.it was a great story though so I'm not surprised at all. I only had like 50 readers i found i had z few more after the vote ended which was lovely to see. so far though I've only had 10 for this month's story although I'm partly to blame since i haven't been able to give the challenge much promo this time round.
    cSXsPD.jpg

• Options
    Dollyllama108Dollyllama108 Posts: 268 Member

Can I ask, what would be considered good numbers? I'm new to this all, so I don't know what's considered good. Last I checked, my first story, Jackpot, had like 130 readers or something. That seemed cool to me. I think the May one has fewer but that's to be expected.

I was extrapolating because my first story had fewer views than people who voted, and the rate of change this time around was lower still. 130 is like a whole order of magnitude more viewers than I got. So if you're looking for a definition of 'good' in the sense it was used here, I meant as in comparing it to the number of total voters.

By the way, also new---hi! I'm only submitting in Veteran because the criteria were "blogging for [forgot] months or more experienced writer," and I fall squarely in the latter case. (Not the wisest strategy if someone wants to win, but I legitimately don't care. You can check how dense and inaccessible my prose is for proof of that. Also, @lisabee2, thanks! That's encouraging.)
    banner_both.jpg
    Catastrophe Theory: If, through loose ends, we could resume/Unrav'ling defects from the loom/And soften as the shuttle mends---/Then save for me a few loose ends!
    Haunted: Picture Oscar Wilde dating Willy Wonka, also Oscar Wilde is still dead
  • Options
    breckenridgebreckenridge Posts: 44 Member
    Oh, more experienced writer. I suppose you make a fair point. I was planning to graduate myself to vet after this month anyway, since that's where most people enter. The reason why I did novice was because I don't have an established fanbase to promote to. And taking screens is totally new for me, which is a fun challenge.

And I read everyone's story before voting today (some for the second time) and loved so many of them. Good work all.
    My newest chapter-based simlit: Cutback.”