Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's Discuss the Strangerville World coming with the Strangerville Gamepack

Comments

• Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited February 2019
    I am honestly most excited for trailer homes. I can finally make a run-down trashy area haha
  • Options
    MawMawMawMaw Posts: 99 Member
    Its been confirmed that we'll have 11 editable lots over 2 neighbourhoods, and a special lot that isn't editable due to the story driven things happening there
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Funny cause Del Sol Valley also had 11 lots + one secret lot.

Del Sol Valley did have 4 neighborhoods tho, compared to 3 in StrangerVille.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    This may not be witches, but its a whole new way of adding darkness on the game, I am excited! The world looks beutiful.

Thats a great attitude to have! If more people could see things this way we'd have a more positive community. 🙂

I'm more excited about this pack than any since Parenthood, I've been waiting for something that is different and that isn't just a redo of what we've had before.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I'm just personally not a fan of desert areas in general.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    roflmaoxsarahroflmaoxsarah Posts: 4,132 Member
    edited February 2019
    I notice that there may be new careers, one specifically being Military but I am hoping there’s a Ghost Hunter type career like in Sims 3 Ambitions. If not, I think that’s something that would fit in this town.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member

Likewise. To this day I've never done anything with/played in Oasis Springs.

The town itself is quite 'meh' for me (looks like something from a western, and I'm not a fan of westerns), but I actively dislike the background rock formations.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »

The town itself is quite 'meh' for me (looks like something from a western, and I'm not a fan of westerns), but I actively dislike the background rock formations.

Hear hear! I'd prefer a nice, snowy alpine world right now. :)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »

Hear hear! I'd prefer a nice, snowy alpine world right now. :)

I would love something like that, but unlike Granite Falls; something with different elevations, maybe like TS3's Hidden Springs.
    I'd also love a canal-centric world like Venice, or a central-European one full of Gothic architecture like Prague.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I like what I'm seeing about this GP so far. I want to see the Build/Buy items so I can think about how I'm going to convert one of my latest home builds for this world.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I absolutely love the world 😍😍 Can’t wait for all the western clothes.

vjphbz4.jpg
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited February 2019
    We're getting Joshua trees! (Or at least they're in that park)
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I absolutely love the world 😍😍 Can’t wait for all the western clothes.

vjphbz4.jpg

I wonder if we're going to get lots that are touching. There is one in Del Sol and the devs talked in a stream about wishing to experiment with it. The buildings in the image are touching. They might just be fake buildings, but you really never know. I'm guessing this neighbourhood is the community lot hood with the library, watering hole etc. There are 11 lots in SV and I doubt that 8 of them are residential, so surely there are more than 3 lots in this shot?

• Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    A livable world? 11 lots? Strangeness aspect of the pack can be ignored? That's my worries addressed and I'm pleasantly surprised:) probably will get the pack on sale, but now it's something I'm looking forward to
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I love the new trees and shrubs I've seen so far. They're very different from the desert ones we have currently, and yeah I could use some more variation for my desert lots when building.

I like desert worlds. I think they make a stark contrast to most other biomes that are usually in The Sims. I think there are 3 deserts that would work nicely in TS4: modern (Oasis Springs), Western (Strangerville) and African semi-desert. The African semi-desert would have a completely different aesthetic to the previous two and, in my opinion, round out the experience of desert worlds.

The fact that they chose to make this world Western, is also (in my opinion) an indication that, should we get a Farming EP, that it won't be Western. This is imo a good thing because it leaves more room for different rural environments to come with future packs. Many simmers like having a Western world in their game bc it is a staple in movies and literature, so it offers nice story-telling possibilities, but in previous iterations Western was the only truly rural world we got. With Western out of the way now, we can get Victorian rural, Italian rural etc. that is nicely incorporated instead of forced. A good example is of how many simmers thought Cats and Dogs would be Western, simply because that's where Western is often forced in. Instead we got a lovely coastal town, and now we get a lovely appropriate Strangerville that makes sense in the context of the pack.

This world is also clearly a more run-down world with all the trailers - I love this because most worlds in TS4 are very shiny and nice. Grit is great :smiley:

I'm also so pleased that the devs chose to make this world residential, and I hope it's an indication that they've realized that many of us don't like worlds that are locked away behind vacations. It's also impressive that SV has 11 lots! For a GP, that's really nice :)
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I'm betting this world will rarely get snow unless we use the weather machine.

That's what I want to know - it would be the perfect world if it got snow (and I mean blizzards, not just a dusting).
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited February 2019
    What I would particularly like to know @SimGuruHouts if we can actually get inside those trailers to live there and furnish and do we get the wheels to go with them? (I made Oasis Springs into a trailer park so it would definitely give my game a lift). :)
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    We're getting Joshua trees! (Or at least they're in that park)

Finally. I've been dying for those since release.
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    Meegie1977 wrote: »
    TS1299 wrote: »
    This may not be witches, but its a whole new way of adding darkness on the game, I am excited! The world looks beutiful.

Thats a great attitude to have! If more people could see things this way we'd have a more positive community. 🙂

I'm glad you said this. What's done is done. I just said this on SimsVIP, but it's time everyone just let it be what it is. Everyone complained about "First Pet Stuff" so much the market developer researchers prolly had strong influence in pulling SP's which were epic!! Now, there hasn't been one in almost a year and people are complaining theres not enough content. We just need to be more positive in general about it. The failed launch was 4 years ago. We need to use move on and make the best. The more positivity we put into the game energy, the better stuff will be :)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited February 2019
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

Thanks for showing us the map. It looks bigger than I thought it would be. So, I'm guessing the town is one hood and the elevated green area is a res-hood and the crater/military base is the secret lot?