Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mods Or No Mods?

Comments

• Options
    dfstonedfstone Posts: 215 Member
    edited January 2019
    Mods (makes my game better)
    The only mods I use fix game bugs that the Devs haven't gotten around to fixing. Which is kinda sad, imo. People doing mods in their free time for free are better at fixing bugs than the game's own paid, full-time, developers.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    edited January 2019
    I do not use mods and I am not saying I am against it I just do not use mods to fix my games or enhance my game as seeing every time EA/Maxis patches most mods needs updates and if it is an core mod you have to uninstall and then reinstall, so I do not bother even if I do like what some of the mods do.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I can't play without MC Commander. I would never get out the door. By the time they eat, bathe, sleep, pee, you would have to start all over again.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,551 Member
    Mods makes the game better, but I am holding off most until the game is finished.
    The only mods I have are a few to stop anything that really annoys me.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,942 Member
    I have exactly two mods in my game, MCCC and Sacrificial's Road to Fame_Professional Singing career which augments GF allowing me to have a singer Sim back in my game. I also have one bit of cc, Khitsule's Pointy ears.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,449 Member
    No Mods (Love the game the way it is!)
    I have enough to do with the original EA bugs.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I have a few mods, MCCC & UI extension cheats those two are essentials. Then I have Weerbesu's more deadly fires flavor 1 which makes the fires spread a bit faster than vanilla, flavors 2&3 are crazy and actually 3 is nearly impossible to extinguish. Then I have his fires on any lot module so fires can happen at community lots too. I have Sacrificial's slow dance mod & his Torture and Chaos mod, I have More Personality Please by Polar Bear Sims, I have a mod by emilypl27 that makes it so I can bake cupcake machine recipes in my regular ovens, and I think a couple more I'm forgetting because I'm not at my pc right now. I also have a ton of Max is Match CC. 😊
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Mods make the games better. Didn’t use very many in Sims 2 or 3, but with 4 I have a ton of mods because it’s just a pain to play without them.
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I can't live without UI Cheats Extension and MCCC.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Only MCCC. The game is fine otherwise.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    edited January 2019
    I use mods for games mostly to customize them and expand them, occasionally to bandage over a bug that's new or low-priority or haven't been solved yet. I don't think any of this is to make a game "better" in itself, just better for me. And I don't think it's a diss on the game designers and developers. They make their games moddable so we can customize them.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    JujuAwesomeBeansJujuAwesomeBeans Posts: 85 Member
    I love mods for any game I play. I'm not *that* old, but I can remember back when my cousin was showing me how to make mods for Hexen in the 90s. lololol. I'm obsessed with making my own stuff too. It brings a whole new level to the game that is extremely addicting! ;)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,300 Member
    The one mod I would hate to play without is the UI Cheats. I use it to manually adjust my sim's motives. Sometimes they'll go 2-3 days without sleeping because there's just so much to do in the game and I never feel like I have enough time to get it done.

I'm getting ready to add a couple of no autonomous mods because like all the versions there are some things sims just can't get enough of. :)

As much as I'm loving this game and eager to see what the next few years will bring I'm also looking forward to trying out some of the awesome gameplay enhancement mods (new careers, new harvestables, new recipes, etc) once the game comes to an end.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited January 2019
    I use mods for games mostly to customize them and expand them, occasionally to bandage over a bug that's new or low-priority or haven't been solved yet. I don't think any of this is to make a game "better" in itself, just better for me. And I don't think it's a diss on the game designers and developers. They make their games moddable so we can customize them.

Yes, I see more as a way to add things to my game that I really want but may not be popular in the majority of the community. Like story progression I love it, but I know lots of simmers especially it seems rotational players for whom this feature would ruin the game for them.

ETA: mods honestly are what are the truest sandbox aspect to the game. Because the developers leave the game open for kidding you can truly tailor it to your play style.
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    I only say unmodded because I don't know where to find the mods, which mods work okay with the Sims 4 ect otherwise I'd be modded up to the hilt like I was in Sims 2
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,369 Member
    Mods for me make the difference between playing a game for 40 hours or several thousand. I usually start a sims game vanilla, then proceed to make it mine step by step.
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    I've never had to mod a Sims game before but with encountering so many issues with Sims 4, I had to cave and get a few.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,311 Member
    So many mods. Just being able to keep the sims from preparing food in the bathroom is worth the price of admission for me.
  • Options
    storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    I love the game without mods! I used mods and CC heavily in TS2 and TS3, and it eventually made my game feel messy, and it was sometimes buggy and would slow down my computer/gameplay. I realize that mods and CC for TS4 may not have this same effect, but I don't know, I don't run into so many glitches in my game that others report, and I love the game as it is. I do have all the DLC so that could be why I feel like my game is complete and CC/mods are unnecessary.

I have read some people's testimonies on MCCC that tempt me to use it to customize the lifespan... but that will open up a black hole for me lol.
  • Options
    MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    I delayed buying Sims 4 until there were mods that deal with the things I don't like eg Faster Skills, I hate skill building, faster writing etc etc!

MCCC was a bonus, I love the Debug mod and the UI mod too!
  • Options
    AlourraAlourra Posts: 492 Member
    +1 for MCCC and a lot of "stop doing that annoying behavior" mods.
  • Options
    aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    Love mods and cc, and I use a lot of each. Mainly MCCC and UI Extension because the whole thing started with what was missing from the base game. Now, mods complete the game for me, and allow me to set up virtually any play scenario that I want/need. CC makes it possible for me to dictate my own reality levels.
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    No. I don't use mods, but that doesn't mean I won't in the future :D Right now, I don't feel the need, but then again, I rarely used them in the prior games.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I really don't like the idea of using mods and CC. I feel like mods will break my game and cause bugs (I know that might not be true, but I can't help thinking). And CC just doesn't look right. Most things I see are either hideous or just don't fit in well in the game for me. Also, the idea of having to update them when new packs come out, no I'm fine.

I also had this fear of mods with Minecraft, then I realized how much better the game is with mods. I'm not sure that's the case with The Sims, though.
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    @Wallsisms4ever you are not wrong, there can be that odd mod that breaks something!