Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you change your planned outfits with the Seasons?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,397 Member
    I change most of the outfits for every season.
    Usually I give my sims 3-4 everyday through swimsuit then give them the full 5 outfits in winter and summer. I get tired of seeing them in the same ole clothes all the time. Most of the time I choose which clothes they will wear that day. I'm probably obsessing, lol, but my sims must look "not ugly" or at least not as ugly as their townie counterparts.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    ohSnapohSnap Posts: 66 Member
    I change most of the outfits twice a sim-year, for winter and summer.
    Any excuse to get into CAS :smile:
    I tend to just play one family at a time, so it's not too much effort to change between colder / warmer outfits.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    My played Sims get 5 everyday outfits and 5 weather-related (hot/cold), and one of every other category (formal, active, sleep, party, swim). Unplayed Sims get 3 everyday/weather outfits just so they can get some variety (I'll set those in Manage Households while I'm waiting for mods to be updated when we get new content) or if I end up having one moving into a played household I have fewer to set. Pretty much leave them alone until we get new CAS.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,598 Member
    edited December 2018
    Other (please comment below if you don't mind).
    Usually depends if I'm 'over' certain looks my sim has been rockin' for awhile. Might delete them and give them some different ones. I always end up using up a lot of the slots, just so I don't have to see them in the same attire. I like giving them different Cold and Hot weather outfits.
    aocHORb.png
    8TVM4kL.png
    ygPTiMa.png
    PF69AW1.png

Nancy's warm weatehr outfit reminds me of a rich mom that plays tennis a lot at the country club. :tongue:
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,532 Member
    I have started using multiple outfits pers sim but I tend to keep them in the same outfits for their age. I only change them when they age up. I don't feel the need to change them per season. But I use the cold weather outfits for an outfit with coat and a warm indoors outfit.
  • Options
    debsilva3debsilva3 Posts: 180 Member

I love to change their clothing especially when the seasons change. I feel they deserve new wardrobes after all they have been through with my micromanaging. Even my Sims just starting out get new outfits each season. B)

Please feel free to add me on Origin. My username is mtglady
    I am also mtglady on the awesome Carl's Sims 4 Guide

If you can't talk to your cats about catnip, who will?

• Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,970 Member
    As soon as I get bored about an outfit, I change it. This happens very often.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    TLM08TLM08 Posts: 105 Member
    I try to give them neutral everyday clothes and then leave them with the hot weather & cold weather outfits I pick. Otherwise I don't change their everyday clothes.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    For every clothing category, I have 2-3 outfits and stick to the same style. What I end up doing is changing the colors for the seasons. Fall means you'll see more brown, olive green and and black. Winter means dark blue, black, or even a pop of red or purple. When Spring and Summer arrive, all of the colors will be seen on my Sims' clothes.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    No...I can't be bothered, they should be happy I let them wear clothes.
    I'm getting rather lazy with outfits. I never bothered to give my last generation new clothes when they aged from teen to YA and eventually to elder. When I played a 'snowbound' family in one save, however, I gave each of them an extra set of winter clothes - one for the outdoors, and one for indoors. They had fireplaces in their one-room cabin (this was also an off-the-grid game), and it didn't seem realistic that they'd be sitting around in t-shirts.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,104 Member
    I like luthienrising said initially set up all their outfits in CAS. I feel like that is sufficient. I can't see changing outfits more than that, unless for some reason I get tired of an outfit I picked and want to change it for that reason.
  • Options
    LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    I normally change their outfits when they age up to teens and adults mostly. Then I make a couple outfits for almost each category so then I can change up their look from time to time. CAS sucks me in so I try not to get into it when I'm actually playing the game. Haha
  • Options
    MissyScabtreeMissyScabtree Posts: 81 Member
    I change outfits constantly anyway....weather can't take the blame for it.
    I'm constantly changing or adding new outfits for my sims. I have SO much cc I figure why not show it off? :D I usually give 3-5 outfits per category. Then a little while later I go through and change them all up again. Even more on my ocd side, I edit a lot of townies and give them 2-3 outfits too. Especially since some seem to have very little to no fashion sense lol
    "Silence is the most powerful scream."
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I change most of the outfits for every season.
    @missyscabtree I do the same with townies! Here's hoping this patch we got today makes them do at least a little bit better job on their own though (either way....I'll still mess with their fashion sense I'm sure).
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    MissyScabtreeMissyScabtree Posts: 81 Member
    I change outfits constantly anyway....weather can't take the blame for it.
    @Stormkeep I'm hoping so too! It was so horrible when City Living came out. Townies were interesting to say the least. I got a couple mods that disable a lot of cas items for townies but I still obsess and edit them all the time lol
    "Silence is the most powerful scream."