Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

L-Shaped Stairs possible with the recent patch!

TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member

KateEmerald from Reddit posted this recently, not only that this is a very space saving tip but also a great alternative for U and L stairs.
y'all got bread?
Post edited by TheIntrovertSimmer on

Comments

• Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    That's so cool!
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    TexasBears69TexasBears69 Posts: 25 Member
    Thanks for that great video Zed! That solves yet another issue I have had in building. Can't wait to go try it!
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,209 Member
    Aaah, what a godsend! And it looks so easy, you don't even have to use terrain manipulation, just foundations. I already have a lot in mind where I can try it out this afternoon! <3
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    Thank goodness!! We finally have L shaped staircases. I will use them for sure until we get spiral staircases. At least the interiors of Sims houses won't all look the same now.
  • Options
    layix3nglayix3ng Posts: 111 Member
    Nice to know!
    *insert cool siggy here*
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Really awesome, but still not possible inside rooms?
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,185 Member
    Oh please tell me it can be made indoors as well. I've been waiting for this for ages. Now I can create some of the houses I like, I wasn't able to before because of stairs not fitting where they are supposed to fit within the floorplans.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I tried it out and yeah, you can't have rooms with differing foundation heights inside one another. But outside it works great
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    There has to be a gap around the staircases, they can't be surrounded directly by walls -- so it's not as space saving as it could be. Getting there, though. If the devs make it so different "block clusters" can be directly attached to each other then it would be ideal (and would also allow for garages to be directly connected to houses as well).
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Looking at the video showed that you can have the stairs inside. Build them first outside on empty lot then build your house or whatever around them. It also shows how to get a roof on the building using a temporary outside 'room'.
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    There has to be a gap around the staircases, they can't be surrounded directly by walls -- so it's not as space saving as it could be. Getting there, though. If the devs make it so different "block clusters" can be directly attached to each other then it would be ideal (and would also allow for garages to be directly connected to houses as well).

Agreed. The main thing I want out of sims 4 now is to be able to build L and U shaped staircases indoors. This video tutorial is great but I'd still love for it be more flexible so hopefully the devs can work that in in the future!
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    True. Though a little is better than the none we had before.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Rae357 wrote: »
    Really awesome, but still not possible inside rooms?

Agreed :'( awesome video B)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Thank you for posting this! I've always wanted to do stairs with a platform halfway up. The trick is to do the foundation before you do the surrounding walls.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    dmorr43dmorr43 Posts: 2 New Member
    you can build them inside, now that I know how..most of my houses have stairs with a landing...love it!!
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    What video. I see no link.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    @Metaphasic
    Here u go. It’s been updated recently.
    https://youtu.be/_ouAWXuVFTE