Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maternity Clothes

I have read a bunch of old forums concerning what a pregnant sim can wear if she goes to the dresser before the first baby bump. Does anyone know an updated list of the maternity clothes that can be worn by a pregnant sim? The forums I have read where from early 2012, seeing as more expansions have been released, I was wondering if you guys could take pictures or describe what maternity clothes can be worn. I know all the basic ones from the base game, generation, and pets.

Thank you

Happy Simming :mrgreen:

Comments

• Options
    JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    edited September 2013
    If you have NRaas' Master Controller mod, you can use just about anything as Maternity Clothes. You just click on the sim (while controlling them) and select NRaas > Master Controller > Stylist and voila!

You can also download some from MySims3Blog and many other places, but that website has almost anything and everything you could imagine on it.

However, if you play without CC and mods I am absolutely no help to you whatsoever. Sorry :/
  • Options
    char_ry2011char_ry2011 Posts: 146 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I actually play without CC or Mods :( But thank you so much for taking the time to read and reply!
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited September 2013
    Gosh, I know someone made a list at some point on here! However if you have the generation ep a lot of clothes that came with that on maternity. I am not sure if there is any store added items that are maternity. I wish I could be more help, but good luck!
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    edited September 2013
    As well as the clothes that came with Generations, a couple of the coats (outdoor wear) that came with Seasons have a pregnancy morph. Unfortunately, I don't think any of the store clothes do. I would really love some more pregnancy-enabled clothes without having to resort to CC ...

Edit to say that I think one of the dresses from the store set Tutor of Tudors has a dress that's enabled for pregnancy - I don't have this set so I'm not sure which one it is.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    RedSwiftie13RedSwiftie13 Posts: 478 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I usually just change the everyday clothes and nightwear into that dress the game always puts them in and change the colour before the bump shows :-)
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited September 2013
    I just took a pregnant sim into CAS with Master Controller & took screenshots for you, but the clothing panels don't show up in any of them.
  • Options
    mhoblermhobler Posts: 299 Member
    edited September 2013
    IreneSwift wrote:
    I just took a pregnant sim into CAS with Master Controller & took screenshots for you, but the clothing panels don't show up in any of them.

You can't use the in game screenshot thing for this as it automatically removes any UI from the shot. You have to Print Screen on your keyboard and then open up an image program like paint and paste the screenshot there. Save and repeat as many times as necessary
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2013
    It would be so nice if they added a little icon to the clothes in CAS you can use for your pregnant Sim.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    OK, I went back into CAS, and this time I dressed her in each of the clothing items from the base game. There are others from EPs and SPs, but I didn't include them. I don't have all of them, and I don't know which ones you have, but if someone else doesn't provide more pictures from you, I can do the rest that I have later. I don't have time right now, as I'm supposed to be doing something else right now. I can procrastinate only so long.

Here's a link to my page: http://www.thesims3.com/myMedia.html?action=default&persona=IreneSwift
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    What would really be nice is if they let you take your pregnant sim into the wardrobe and choose her clothing. It wouldn't be any harder for them to make it work than it was for Twallen.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I added shots of all the clothing from Generations. So that's all I have.
  • Options
    VespidaeVespidae Posts: 3,354 Member
    edited September 2013
    If you have Generations, I'm 99% sure that all of the clothes are maternity.

Edit: This list is extremely helpful. :-)
    funny-kitten-scared-of-a-lizard_zps4fet4xdj.gif
  • Options
    JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    edited September 2013
    No problem :) Sorry I couldnt be of more help though. Its also a stupid system because there are clothes that SHOULD be included, but arent, and then there are clothes that are a little inappropriate but are included. Although, in saying that, Outerwear is exactly the same :/
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    sshaw1 wrote:
    If you have Generations, I'm 99% sure that all of the clothes are maternity.

Edit: This list is extremely helpful. :-)
    It's so limited I think....
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    There are clothing items that I've seen my sims wear while pregnant that aren't on that list, or in CAS when I take a pregnant sim in with MC.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    IreneSwift wrote:
    There are clothing items that I've seen my sims wear while pregnant that aren't on that list, or in CAS when I take a pregnant sim in with MC.
    You can think of examples? It's really boring to dress my lady's in the same clothes all the time, trying to pimp it up in CASt.

kobayne000210.jpg

Sacha00183.jpg

Eve_236.jpg

Elijah_223a.jpg

:roll:
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Yes, there is at least one top from the base game, and one complete outfit from Generations that my sims have worn as maternity wear, that are not shown on the list. The top is the same one I always see female taxi drivers wearing. If you've ever looked into the taxis and seen the drivers, you might know which one I'm talking about. The outfit from Generations is another one with leggings and a tunic, that also shows up in the athletic wear choices. I'll try to remember to get pictures tomorrow and post them.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Here are the other maternity choices I mentioned:

This is the top from the base game. I've seen it more often than any others on pregnant sims, including my own.

screenshot_original.jpg

Here is the complete outfit. I was mistaken in saying it's from Generations. I noticed today that the symbol is the one from Town Life SP. If my sim is already wearing it when she becomes aware of being pregnant, she keeps it. It never gets put on her by the game.

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited September 2013
    I had my Sim select outfits from Generation for maternity clothing as shown in the picture below of her taking her baby home from the hospital.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    @ IreneSwift
    The first one is new to me, thanks!, the second one - I'm afraid - I could make a similar series of I did with the other outfit :lol: And there is this one I used several times too:

Eacuteowyn_276_zps517f2fa2.jpg
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    That's one of my favorites too. I use it a lot. I almost always customize it. In fact, I put it on the sim I made as my avatar. I customized almost all of her outfits.
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    I know this thread might be old, buuut I didn't see a point making a whole new thread on this same subject. So I used nraas's master controller stylist while my young adult sim was pregnant and made a chart of the icons which should help people find the maternity clothes a lot easier. The rows up to the last 2, are from the every day list, then swimwear, then outwear. Most of these are found in the other category of clothing so I did not need to include those in the list as they show up already. THis list includes some store content, but mostly base game and a few expansions, namely generations, showtime and seasons.

lsbHIyf.png
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    nilanius wrote: »
    I know this thread might be old, buuut I didn't see a point making a whole new thread on this same subject. So I used nraas's master controller stylist while my young adult sim was pregnant and made a chart of the icons which should help people find the maternity clothes a lot easier. The rows up to the last 2, are from the every day list, then swimwear, then outwear. Most of these are found in the other category of clothing so I did not need to include those in the list as they show up already. THis list includes some store content, but mostly base game and a few expansions, namely generations, showtime and seasons.

lsbHIyf.png

That is not a lot, I wish that they would have added more :(
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    There are some things in there I didn't realize were maternity like the Tudor dress and the wedding stuff. Thank you so much! I'll have to update my list.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    nilanius wrote: »

lsbHIyf.png

That is not a lot, I wish that they would have added more :(

Yeah, but the beauty of the create-a-style is that it's possible to make one of them outfits look really decent at least. But I agree, I wish there were more options. There's quite a number of default outfits that look like they should be pregnancy enabled but sadly are not.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.