The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Update Stream Discussion

Comments

• Options
    caitzelcaitzel Posts: 48 Member
    I really enjoyed the livestream! The gurus were very clear and answered some really important questions about the update :)
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,776 Member
    @EA_Mage @SimGuruGrant is talking on twitter about disabilities and he want disabled simmers input-could the unofficial rule about disabilities =lobbying be changed on here? Or at the very least turn "Grant's Corner" into a place where Grant can see what the simmers with disablities can tell him what to fix
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    im so confused about the maxis monthly. Where is the need for that when the sims official twitter already showcases people's builds and the quarterly teasers showed off what was coming. Nobody asked them to put together, so now if I want to find out what's coming I have to sit through some livestream that shows off people builds (great for exposure) that I don't really care about.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I liked the stream.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,545 Member
    Lol closed
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    EA_Mage wrote: »
    Let us know your thoughts and feedback below.

Thanks for communicating to us what you can share about the going ons and plans for The Sims 4. *thumbs up*

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited July 2018
    Astryker2 wrote: »
    The new update made it so I can't use the gallery. When I try to put a sim in CAS or preview one when the gallery closes it turns the screen gray and wont do anything i have to force the game to stop

I have the same issue too. I will remove my mods folder for testing, I already disabled script mods and it would drive me nuts when I can't use my cc anymore because of the update. Additionally, there are some mods I just can't play without.

Edit: Removing all of my mods has worked, now I have to put my most important ones back in and hope that none of them was causing the problem :s

Edit Nr. 2: UI Cheats Extension caused it, I just removed it and everything is working fine.
    Post edited by Huiiie_07 on
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    markbaanstramarkbaanstra Posts: 2 New Member
    I am unhappy with this update. My "Rippling Bowling" is a not show in the gallery.
  • Options
    molecularmoleculemolecularmolecule Posts: 7 New Member
    While I agree that the gallery needed an overhaul, I'm actually quite disappointed with the outcome of this update. We need firemen and policemen 🐸🐸🐸🐸!
  • Options
    KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    im so confused about the maxis monthly. Where is the need for that when the sims official twitter already showcases people's builds and the quarterly teasers showed off what was coming. Nobody asked them to put together, so now if I want to find out what's coming I have to sit through some livestream that shows off people builds (great for exposure) that I don't really care about.

There have been many people on the forums stating they don't use twitter, so it would seem this is another way for them to communicate with those folks.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,545 Member
    Wait, it ended? I was doing something else, only saw bits, and last thing I saw SimguruKate came on
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,916 Member
    My first impression is that I don't like it much. The most popular now ones may look beautiful but might be useless "in game." I might change my mind later. It's just a beauty contest.
  • Options
    Sammylee528Sammylee528 Posts: 5 New Member
    Okay, I'm not sure if it's just my game, but my sims' family tree keeps glitching out. I would click on one person, to see their family tree, and it would show doubles. This happened right after I got the update. Please Help.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    PurpleM00n wrote: »
    I'm disappointed. There was no need to hype everyone up for a simple gallery update. The stream didn't last 1 hour either.

I presume this is only the beginning of the 'Maxis Monthly' streams that will only take less than an hour and won't really tell us much of anything except to 'engage with the community' in however that will be interpreted. I'm unsure though if these streams are a bigger waste of resources or were the teasers a bigger waste...

Apart from the Gallery update (which I'm sure will have plenty of issues over the course of the coming months) I have no other positive opinions of the patch updates and the upcoming news.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Just started the stream now, so it is a update for the Gallery. This is interesting, I use the Gallery quite a bit and follow a quite a few builders that I like. I like the livestreams so this is a nice way to get new info.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    1 livestream every month of 1 hour (or less :p )...

But is it really necessary when there is nothing to tell like today ?

Well for you who don't want to watch it - don't. You don't have to, but don't complain of lack of communication with the devs. Give them credit as they are showing they are communicating.

For me - I personally love this idea of seeing and hearing them a couple times a month. I also go to Twitter to see what they have to say but if that is not your thing or this on twitch - there is no rule that says you have to go anywhere - but they could not be trying any harder or doing any more to communicate as openly as possible within what they are allowed to do. Even if you do not enjoy this idea - many of us do and respect the Guru's greatly for stepping up and doing this. I love it! Does not mean you have to though. That choice though is all up to you and every player that does want to engage.

The quarterly teaser left when the one that created them left - and I think it was a brilliant idea what the devs have come up with to replace it. Bi-monthly even for those of us that want this.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    LewanaM00nLewanaM00n Posts: 321 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    I'm disappointed. There was no need to hype everyone up for a simple gallery update. The stream didn't last 1 hour either.
    They didn't hype it. In fact, they deliberately said not to put too much hype into it.

Pretty sure people expected more with "1 hour stream" though.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Nice to be able to add builds in livemode, that is good for me. I have about 30 starter-lots from creators that I like that I just drop on the map when I start a new save, nice little update.

Thank you, turning off on-line notifications!

The Gallery is so visual, nice to get it shown in a video as compared to getting a list with the changes. Well, I have always liked the stream so this is a good way for me to get new info and I enjoy watching the people that built and designed things geek out about the things they made.
  • Options
    AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    Okay, I'm not sure if it's just my game, but my sims' family tree keeps glitching out. I would click on one person, to see their family tree, and it would show doubles. This happened right after I got the update. Please Help.

My family tree is totally messed up as well! The parents are switched around what the...
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • Options
    Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    I dont need talk about community. I nead heart about next gamepack and EP! When get out and theme. It is what is interesant for me!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2018
    Hey they told people not to get hyped. So if you did and are now disappointed - that is sort of on you.

This twitch was basically to show the gallery changes and simplifications they made with it - and to let us in on with their new ways to communicate often. We are not in the dark when we know what they are planning to do - plus knowing twice a month there will be a twitch with them should have made people happy that stressed over communication with the devs.

Frankly I was impressed with their openness and honesty - to communicate. Sorry you let yourself get hyped when they did stress to us - not to. Only you can control you - keep that in mind.

Expectations are on you - especially when they say don't get hyped. They are not responsible for our expectations - no one is. We are supposed to be able to control our own expectation. Try expecting less - and then you will always feel elated when you get more.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,489 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Hey they told people not to get hyped. So if you did and are now disappointed - that is sort of on you.

This twitch was basically to show the gallery changes and simplifications they made with it - and to let us in on with their new ways to communicate often. We are not in the dark when we know what they are planning to do - plus knowing twice a month there will be a twitch with them should have made people happy that stressed over communication with the devs.

Frankly I was impressed with their openness and honesty - to communicate. Sorry you let yourself get hyped when they did stress to us - not to. Only you can control you - keep that in mind.

Expectations are on you - especially when they say don't get hyped. They are not responsible for our expectations - no one is. We are supposed to be able to control our own expectation. Try expecting less - and then you will always feel elated when you get more.

I'm pretty excited about the new gallery enhancements in the new updates to the game as well.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

grant said not to get hype. although i got hyped up lol
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie