Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Enter the secret base" - Egypt - Help! I can't find it!

"Enter the secret base
The bribe goes a long way to earning the support of the local merchants. As for the information you seek, the people who hate MorcuCorp have established a "secret base" at the edge of town. I believe Nabila Moussa wants you to infiltrate this base and steal information from their computers. I consider my effort in this complete."

Then I looked at the map, and it told me that this "secret base" was at the Madbouli household. I visited their house last night, searched it from top to bottom, inside and out, clicking on everything, and couldn't find it, so I gave up and started a different adventure. So when I was offered the same adventure today, I decided to try it again, but I looked throughout the house even more thoroughly this time, and I still can't find the "secret base!" No computers in the house, no secret doors, no switches, nothing! Help me, please!

Comments

• Options
    Akila906Akila906 Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited December 2009
    "Enter the secret base
    The bribe goes a long way to earning the support of the local merchants. As for the information you seek, the people who hate MorcuCorp have established a "secret base" at the edge of town. I believe Nabila Moussa wants you to infiltrate this base and steal information from their computers. I consider my effort in this complete."

Then I looked at the map, and it told me that this "secret base" was at the Madbouli household. I visited their house last night, searched it from top to bottom, inside and out, clicking on everything, and couldn't find it, so I gave up and started a different adventure. So when I was offered the same adventure today, I decided to try it again, but I looked throughout the house even more thoroughly this time, and I still can't find the "secret base!" No computers in the house, no secret doors, no switches, nothing! Help me, please!

There is a small shed behind the house, go inside and there is a wall switch over by the bikes that opens a hidden staircase.
    michael-jackson-17.gif
  • Options
    MiraiMirai Posts: 333 Member
    edited December 2009
    If there's a stereo next to the stairs, try turning it on.
  • Options
    orangekitty159orangekitty159 Posts: 120 New Member
    edited December 2009
    There's no shed, but there is a stereo next to the stairs. It's already on every time I visit, but I will try turning it off and see what happens...
  • Options
    IROTWIROTW Posts: 65 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Ok umm go to the house your supposed to go to and next to the house there should be a smaller house (you may need to go down 1 level or go down some stairs out of the house).

When you find the shed you need to look around in it, I can not remember if there was a staircase or a switch. If you can't find it you could cheat to get yourself into the base area.

click pgdown or fn + down arrow to go 1 level down. If you do this you should see the staircase and you can do either of these two things, click on the staircase and select use stairs or enter ctrl+shift+c- testingCheatsEnabled true, shift + click on the ground at the bottom of the stairs and select "teleport here" and you should have entered the secret base!

Hope that helps :)
  • Options
    MiraiMirai Posts: 333 Member
    edited December 2009
    Although MorcuCorp is mentioned, the OP needs to go into the "Secret Base", alias "James Vaughn's Command Center", not "MorcuCorp HQ".

MorcuCorp HQ has the shack. Vaughn's Secret Base has the stereo next to the stairs.
  • Options
    sweetangel20_98sweetangel20_98 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited December 2009
    well i am not sure which adventure you all where doing but i went to do the hack computer adventure and i cannot find the place where the computer is to hack. i looked in the places you all mentioned and i didn't find a alone computer to hack. can anyone help? where is this shack located? I didn't see it anywhere. I also never saw a radio near any stairs.
  • Options
    orangekitty159orangekitty159 Posts: 120 New Member
    edited December 2009
    After I turned the stereo off and then on, a stairway appeared in a place that I thought looked suspicious earlier..

And for the person who can't find the computer, you might be on the other computer hacking task, which I already did. At the back of a room filled with computers on desks, there's a door that I almost missed, and the computer was through there. Maybe you missed it like I almost did.
  • Options
    SimalienSimalien Posts: 51 New Member
    edited December 2009
    There are two very similar challenges in Egypt, both concerning secret computer rooms.
    1st - If there is a small shed beside the house, put the walls up and you'll see a swimming pool light looking secret trap that will activate a switch and open a staircase in the shed.
    2nd - If there's no shed but the downstairs toilet is clogged, then unclogging the toilet will give you a code and open a staircase in the bedroom. You get the other 2 codes by turning on and off the stereo and reading a book from the bookcase.

Hope that helps and Good Luck!
  • Options
    Grandmanik3Grandmanik3 Posts: 61 New Member
    edited December 2009
    SPOILER ALERT!!

When you are doing the challenge that starts in the small shed you go all the way to the computer room several floors down. You have to take the papers out of your own backpack and put them in the middle chest. I also read a book from the office area and was able to hack. Bigs bucks followed!
  • Options
    aussiedonnaaussiedonna Posts: 155
    edited December 2009
    Go to the toilet, when you flush it that is what activates the hidden stairs in the main bedroom on the ground floor.
  • Options
    Maddie9782Maddie9782 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited January 2010
    read from the bookshelve
  • Options
    patriciabatarapatriciabatara Posts: 8 New Member
    edited January 2010
    but when i found the hidden stair n i went to basement like 3 floors down but i couldn't open the door .. i tried to stand on the floor switches but still i couldn't open all the door.. please help me..
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    edited March 2010
    Maddie9782 wrote:
    read from the bookshelve

The people who live in the house of taken all the books from the shelf. The option to read is greyed out. :(
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    SmeeliaSmeelia Posts: 2,334 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Do you need to read the books for this one? If it's the one I'm thinking of then it's quite possible (and if you ask me, more fun) to do it without the codes so as long as you can get down into the basement that should be all you need.

I have heard of other people having problems with the bookshelves, usually they have high skills already and can't read the skillbooks that the bookshelf normally has. I still haven't heard of a reliable work around, if it doesn't mess up the adventure progress you could edit the lot and reveal the stairs or whatever yourself (or have something else that you can actually use trigger it, that might still let you complete an adventure objective depending on how it measures completion).
  • Options
    Rmk375Rmk375 Posts: 368 Member
    edited March 2010
    In the main bedroom there's a stair case go down when you get down the bottom there's a set of feet tiles, stand on 2341 when the room glows green, go down the next set of stairs, stand on 1625 I think this is right I couldn't read the book either so I figured it out for myself. On the bottom floor stand on tiles 8249 when the room glows green go to the room with the computer in when you hack the computer report back in.
  • Options
    Rmk375Rmk375 Posts: 368 Member
    edited March 2010
    In the main bedroom there's a stair case go down when you get down the bottom there's a set of feet tiles, stand on 2341 when the room glows green, go down the next set of stairs, stand on 1625 I think this is right I couldn't read the book either so I figured it out for myself. On the bottom floor stand on tiles 8249 when the room glows green go to the room with the computer in when you hack the computer report back in.
  • Options
    CeeleeidahCeeleeidah Posts: 1
    edited May 2010
    I went to the house at 5:00 am and spoke to Mena to get in, On the first floor in the bedroom there is a funny stretch of floor on the far side of the room. I just pushed read "knights in bishops" on the bedroom bookshelf. A loose piece of paper fell out and opened the stairs , On the paper it said 617. But that number had nothing to do with the puzzles on the next floors. First floor step on floor switches ... 2, 3, 4, 1. On the second its 6, 1, 5. And on the third and final floor 8, 2, 4, 9,. If you mess up you can reset the tiles with the red floor switches that appear after you've stood on the first switches.
  • Options
    Divinemsm99Divinemsm99 Posts: 19
    edited May 2010
    I tried the 8249 but when I step on the 9 it resets everything, am I counting the wrong way??
  • Options
    rinscuterinscute Posts: 30 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I tried it and found that 8-2-4-1 worked so try that. 9 is the red switch .
  • Options
    kare7708kare7708 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I'm on the hacker! One. I'm I'm hosnis house. Theres no upstairs, no bookshelf. No computer, and the toilet is fine. Help!
  • Options
    SmeeliaSmeelia Posts: 2,334 New Member
    edited July 2010
    kare7708 wrote:
    I'm on the hacker! One. I'm I'm hosnis house. Theres no upstairs, no bookshelf. No computer, and the toilet is fine. Help!

I think this post was referring to the mission you are on:
    Akila906 wrote:
    There is a small shed behind the house, go inside and there is a wall switch over by the bikes that opens a hidden staircase.

When you're told to hack the computer you have to go into a small room that is attached to the larger one, the large one has several computers and some chests while the small room only has one computer on a desk (putting the walls up might help you spot the door).
  • Options
    KayenneKayenne Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I'm on the "put the bribe into Morcucorp HQ" - have found the secret stairs in the bike shed; there's a hole in one wall you can inspect. All good so far.
    But...once I "use stairs" and go down I have no other options. Only "use stairs" which sends me back up to the bike shed again? Do I have a glitch?
    I've tried clicking on everything at the bottom of the stairs, underneath the bike shed, and nothing works - only message I get is "use stairs".
    I can see a door down there; also a potential "trap" but he won't move and I'm getting only one option.
    Help! This is annoying...
    This quest is NOT the one where stereos and books have to be used...it's a different one - different house.
  • Options
    KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited July 2010
    Kayenne wrote:
    I'm on the "put the bribe into Morcucorp HQ" - have found the secret stairs in the bike shed; there's a hole in one wall you can inspect. All good so far.
    But...once I "use stairs" and go down I have no other options. Only "use stairs" which sends me back up to the bike shed again? Do I have a glitch?
    I've tried clicking on everything at the bottom of the stairs, underneath the bike shed, and nothing works - only message I get is "use stairs".
    I can see a door down there; also a potential "trap" but he won't move and I'm getting only one option.
    Help! This is annoying...
    This quest is NOT the one where stereos and books have to be used...it's a different one - different house.

It sounds as if your Sim is glitched. I've never had this happen, but when it's happened to others they seem to be able to fix it by resetting their Sim. ("resetsim firstname lastname" using no punctuation and using your Sim's full name.)
  • Options
    sdhoeysdhoey Posts: 1,876 Member
    edited July 2010
    use the bathroom in the house.. when you flush the potty a secret staircase opens..
  • Options
    LogansmommaLogansmomma Posts: 76 New Member
    edited December 2010
    After I turned the stereo off and then on, a stairway appeared in a place that I thought looked suspicious earlier..

And for the person who can't find the computer, you might be on the other computer hacking task, which I already did. At the back of a room filled with computers on desks, there's a door that I almost missed, and the computer was through there. Maybe you missed it like I almost did.

OMG I tried this adventure a million times yesterday!!! Ugh so frustrating, but I saw the spot by the window in the bedroom where it was a different shade from the rest of the floor, and tried to look for a switch to see if it would open up a stairwell and couldn't find anything. Literally made like 10 trips to egypt yesterday while playing!