Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which of these two expansion packs would you like to see next, Island Paradise or University?

Now that Seasons is coming, which of these two expansion packs would you like to see next, Island Paradise or University? I chose an Island Paradise like expansion because I love the ocean and it would be awesome to have ocean focused activities such as sailing, scuba diving, etc in the game. Sadly, I never did a get a chance to play it in TS3 even though I bought it. I got it around the same time as TS4 came out and I never went back to TS3 after starting TS4.

Which of these two expansion packs would you like to see next, Island Paradise or University? 206 votes

Island Paradise
32%
ehaught58Frn0731icmnfrshrudy8292aelias24TheLibrarySimIsb917Paigeisin5ANNETTE1951DJQ1308IObelleBagoas77Moon_Willowg01denswanalanmichael1catloverplayerashcrash19Kyationeyuppspice3 66 votes
University
67%
DannydanboBjDabomb24auroraael14CK213JeanGRIMMYlasydaisy1122Kita5399Icewolfalan650111aprilrosexbecky685xLomelindi7w2ad4PlayerSinger2010imhappytegteg87KlthfAnmirlasimgirl1010 140 votes

Comments

• Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    University
    IP should be a GP imo. I love swimming and tropical location, but imo that's sounds like it'd be best suited for a GP location. Otherwise it gets too...cluttered with other things it doesn't need and loses focus. Which I think is what happened to IP in Sims 3. Great concept, execution was awful cause of the routing.

University I'm not as sure what I would prefer it to be, format wise. But if it's strictly college then a GP might be more suited. But idk.

Either way, I'd rather "University" come first. BUT I WANT WITCHES BEFORE THAT. *breathes fire*
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    University
    Neither of these interest me, but seeing as I am not interested in repeating the debacle that was Island Paradise I'd opt for University.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    University
    Both but I'd like Uni first because I feel like it builds up more the sims themselves.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Island Paradise
    I was tempted to pick University, but since it doesn't seem like we're getting any beach activities in Seasons, I choose Island Paradise, even though I think that will come in a GP not an EP.
  • Options
    BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    University
    University as the next EP would be cool
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    Island Paradise
    This was a hard choice. I’d honestly be happy with either. I also don’t think island paradise is going to be a EP, and I’m not sure about university being an EP either. I’ve been really wanting ocean activities and a tropical vacation spot for a long time.

The reason I want university is because I think it will Help differentiate between young adults and adults.

I’d probably use island paradise more.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    University
    I want both lol .. but I do really want some higher form of education in this game, so if I could wave my magic wand I'd want Uni first.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Island Paradise
    Now that Seasons is coming, the only things I seriously need in my game for it to be complete, are Island Paradise and depth in sims' personalities. I love the beach and dream about living in an airy beach house, but that probably won't happen, thus the Sims allows me to live out that fantasy. I don't want it to be a GP though - I want a full-sized tropical (tiki) beach world that my sims can live in. I'd be very sad if it's a destination world. Sims 4 also offers so many possibilities with scuba diving because of the art style - one can really play with more fantasy-type scenery.

University doesn't appeal to me because it isn't something I can see myself playing with a lot. Basically it's studying and partying. My sims already do that, so I'm content. University will probably come though because it is very requested.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    University
    I voted University but what I really think that EP should be is "Education", with some focus on kids and teens. I don't care about going with them to the school, what I mean is the addition of private and boarding schools, extra curricular activities, graduation, and all that jazz.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    JoseffJoseff Posts: 546 Member
    University
    University after Seasons for sure!
  • Options
    BjDabomb24BjDabomb24 Posts: 15 Member
    University
    I picked University as well!
  • Options
    RosiieoRosiieo Posts: 23 Member
    Island Paradise
    University will most likely be next but I never really cared for it. It was nice to send my sims to get a degree just to add that but of realism but I got bored pretty quickly where I'd just speed it up until they graduated. Maybe if they changed it so you could send them away and get prompts like you do with work that effect grade performance, so I could still control the rest of my family. Maybe if with university they bring other education types like private/boarding school I might be interested more.

Island Paradise on the other hand was one of my favourite packs. It brought so much and the hotel management was a nice addition that could transfer over and act like restaurants do now. We need a nice tropical world with beaches! Other than Oasis Springs every world is green and kind of the same scenery wise.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    University
    To be honest, I don’t really care what is next. Whatever it is, I hope I find it interesting. University would be more important to me than island paradise
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    University
    University because it could affect day to dsy gameplay, especially if it included active schools.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    lasydaisy1122lasydaisy1122 Posts: 66 Member
    University
    I definitely would love a Sims 4 version of University. Love both Sims 2 University and Sims 3 University Life so much! Love Sims 3 Island Paradise Island too just want an Uni or education ep first.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Island Paradise
    Neither pack tops my list of packs I actually want I'm not an explorer so scuba diving and discovering is not my thing I pretty much picked this pack for ocean swimming. I'd much rather see a vacation activity based pack like surfing beach volley ball building sand castles and so on exploring especially closed world exploring is just not fun at all resorts would be nice though.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    University
    University and more supernatural stuff are on the top of my list now that we're getting Seasons. I'd also really like to see burglars.
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited May 2018
    Island Paradise
    Just out of curiosity, what can/were you able do in Sims University besides school/education etc? I have no experience in this expansion, and it seems like a lot of people are interested in it.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Island Paradise
    Apart from the lag, IP was the best EP in TS3. For my taste University was the weakest.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Island Paradise
    rjssim wrote: »
    Now that Seasons is coming, which of these two expansion packs would you like to see next, Island Paradise or University? I chose an Island Paradise like expansion because I love the ocean and it would be awesome to have ocean focused activities such as sailing, scuba diving, etc in the game. Sadly, I never did a get a chance to play it in TS3 even though I bought it. I got it around the same time as TS4 came out and I never went back to TS3 after starting TS4.

Island Paradise.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    University
    Since we're just getting a weather/seasons pack now, I feel like next should be something not environment-related, so University. Except I really want it be to Education, not University, so it's also for Children and Teens.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    University
    Is IP even possible this time around.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    University
    I have a bunch of toddlers, children, and teens slowly advancing.
    At some point I will completely stop playing, or turn off aging whenever I play.
    I am waiting for University.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    Island Paradise
    I love both of them, but I have a special place in my heart for Island Paradise. Exploring the depths of the sea, finding treasures and discovering mermainds, then becoming one were some of the nicest times in my TS3 experience. I would love to see this Ep (or something simmilar to it) return.
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    Island Paradise
    I thought IP was the EP I enjoyed playing the most in TS3. As a builder, the only time I usually play in Live mode is to test new objects, and play-test my lots before I upload them. However, I found myself actually playing IP for long periods of time because there were so many things that held my interest. I really enjoyed building and sailing boats and ships the most. I thought that was soooo coool!!!
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams