Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone Know What's Next?

I found myself really itching to put something new in my game today, but when I scrolled through all the packs I didn't really gravitate towards any of the packs I don't already own.

Does anyone know the release schedule well enough to know what we might be expecting next? Or when? Like are we waiting for a stuff pack to drop or a game pack? Or any fun rumors or hints on what the actual content might be in the next addition?

I'll tide myself over with rumors and speculation for now~ :blush:

Comments

• Options
    edwie22edwie22 Posts: 100 Member
    Normally they don't work with a schedule and release things at the very last moment, giving things no one asked for (Bowling, hamsters, etc.) They did have an online poll with us players and that is why Laundry Stuff was made, a lot of people were asking for it.

If you ask me, I would like a game pack with cars, motorcycles, bikes, skateboards, etc. But we will probably get "Fruit picking pack", create your own garden, and fight with worms and etc. hahahahaha (stuff people is not asking for)

And while we are at it, I really hope for an expansion of Magnolia Promenade. Having such a nice neighborhood with only 4 lots is offensive.
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    there's a lot of chatter about Seasons possibly releasing in the fall. next quarterly teaser isn't until April I think. . . no idea what it'll behold though. more stuff packs?
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    I'm ready for Sims 5, tbh. There's nothing like an exciting new base game to get me all excited again!
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    The next pack is going to be one of the best packs ever. o:)

All packs created thus far has been the best. :#
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I'm ready for Sims 5, tbh. There's nothing like an exciting new base game to get me all excited again!

Same! I'm tired of TS4. :disappointed:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Seasons is likely end of this year. The rest is anyone’s guess
  • Options
    keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    @SuperCoolRachael I feel like the Sims 5 is a ways off -Not that I wouldn't be excited about that, too!! I wonder what style graphics they'd aim for in the sims 5?? I know so many people like the realism look, but I've always preferred the toony look myself. It's more timeless :open_mouth:
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,490 Member
    I definitely think we'll be seeing a new game pack next. Based on the bundle releases, there's always a game pack and two stuff packs in each one. 'Laundry Day' and 'My First Pet' will need a game pack to be bundled with (since 'Fitness' and 'Toddlers' will most likely be matched with 'Jungle Adventure'). That being said, I also think we'll be seeing at least one or two more stuff packs as well... and then 2018 will most likely end with an expansion pack release (I'm hoping for Seasons).

This is my hypothetical 2018 schedule:
    2nd Quarter: Game Pack
    3rd Quarter: 1 or 2 Stuff Packs
    4th Quarter: Expansion Pack
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    keenow wrote: »
    @SuperCoolRachael I feel like the Sims 5 is a ways off -Not that I wouldn't be excited about that, too!! I wonder what style graphics they'd aim for in the sims 5?? I know so many people like the realism look, but I've always preferred the toony look myself. It's more timeless :open_mouth:

I agree. I much prefer the cartoonish Sims. The Sims 3 Sims were a bit uncanny valley for me, lol.

Yeah, I figure we've got a few more packs before they even start talking about TS5. Too bad. :P
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    A stuff pack is definitely next.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    edwie22 wrote: »
    Normally they don't work with a schedule and release things at the very last moment, giving things no one asked for (Bowling, hamsters, etc.) They did have an online poll with us players and that is why Laundry Stuff was made, a lot of people were asking for it.

If you ask me, I would like a game pack with cars, motorcycles, bikes, skateboards, etc. But we will probably get "Fruit picking pack", create your own garden, and fight with worms and etc. hahahahaha (stuff people is not asking for)

And while we are at it, I really hope for an expansion of Magnolia Promenade. Having such a nice neighborhood with only 4 lots is offensive.

I just want to point out that people have asked for both of those things, even since launch.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

I agree with you there.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    > @edwie22 said:
    > Normally they don't work with a schedule and release things at the very last moment, giving things no one asked for (Bowling, hamsters, etc.) They did have an online poll with us players and that is why Laundry Stuff was made, a lot of people were asking for it.
    >
    > If you ask me, I would like a game pack with cars, motorcycles, bikes, skateboards, etc. But we will probably get "Fruit picking pack", create your own garden, and fight with worms and etc. hahahahaha (stuff people is not asking for)
    >
    > And while we are at it, I really hope for an expansion of Magnolia Promenade. Having such a nice neighborhood with only 4 lots is offensive.

Heh - I love my hamster and would enjoy a fruit picking pack (canning was actually something people did want, in the polls that led up to Laundry Stuff), and would never buy a pack focused on cars :wink:

I'm not sure I see the point, without an open world. (In fact, my Sims never had cars in Sims 3 - they had bicycles.) If they were to do cars, it would almost have to be a fixing-up thing, with a load of car-themed clothes and objects. (Ugh! Almost as bad as bowling, IMO.) Skateboards might work well, since you could do some tricks and build ramps on your lot, and have a skate park as a new venue. And the clothing and objects would be better. (I'm starting to warm to the idea - you could get 'dazed' from landing on your head after a failed trick. It would also give teenagers something realistic to do.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

I think that a lot of players are waiting patiently for something new :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    The next pack is going to be one of the best packs ever. o:)

All packs created thus far has been the best. :#

Didn't you say that back in 2014? :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,464 Member
    keenow wrote: »
    I found myself really itching to put something new in my game today, but when I scrolled through all the packs I didn't really gravitate towards any of the packs I don't already own.

Does anyone know the release schedule well enough to know what we might be expecting next? Or when? Like are we waiting for a stuff pack to drop or a game pack? Or any fun rumors or hints on what the actual content might be in the next addition?

I'll tide myself over with rumors and speculation for now~ :blush:

Stay tuned for the quarterly teaser coming next week on what's next.
  • Options

I'm predicting both a stuff and gamepack next quarter.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    edwie22 wrote: »

You're so right. I want all these things too. I have a fake laundry set that's good enough for me.
  • Options
    NeverSeemsToEndNeverSeemsToEnd Posts: 292 Member

Well, stuff packs, i don't really care about, but i'm expecting a witch Game pack, and a stuff pack (one more for the overdose of stuff packs we already have), and then maybe in october a seasons EP.
    Origin ID: NeverSeemsToEnd
  • Options

Well, stuff packs, i don't really care about, but i'm expecting a witch Game pack, and a stuff pack (one more for the overdose of stuff packs we already have), and then maybe in october a seasons EP.

I'm hoping for a pool stuffpack so we can get more items for pools.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member

I'm hoping for a pool stuffpack so we can get more items for pools.

They might want to keep pool stuff for Seasons though.
  • Options
    killed.Persephonekilled.Persephone Posts: 53 Member
    edited March 2018
    I still believe Sims 5 won't be released until 2020. Sims 4 is currently on it's best (no matter what some others think). But there are still missing points on GEN4: Seasons, Witches/Magic, University and Pre-Teens are the most desired expansion themes. And don't forget the build mode: Circle staircases and L-shaped stairs are just two of many wishes.
    ORIGIN-ID: killedPersephone
    My Builds: Dark Dreams Architectures
  • Options
    I still believe Sims 5 won't be released until 2020. Sims 4 is currently on it's best (no matter what some others think). But there are still missing points on GEN4: Seasons, Witches/Magic, University and Pre-Teens are the most desired expansion themes. And don't forget the build mode: Circle staircases and L-shaped stairs are just two of many wishes.

Don't forget about a beach destination with a swimmable ocean.
  • Options
    killed.Persephonekilled.Persephone Posts: 53 Member
    edited March 2018
    Don't forget about a beach destination with a swimmable ocean.

Well, that's true. But for me this would make more sense as a part of a summer vacation themed GP (like Outdoor Retreat for "Hiker Sims" and Jungle Adventure for "Explorer Sims").

I want to be honest: There are typical Sims Basics needed to be in the game, yes. I'm absolutely with on this. But I don't want stupidly recycled stuff from TS3 in my TS4 game that doesn't even work properly there. This is the reason that I want a Witch/Magic GP based on the TS4 Vamps. The complete ability system was fresh and new.
    ORIGIN-ID: killedPersephone
    My Builds: Dark Dreams Architectures